Author Topic: Uti260B firmware update fail…  (Read 1024 times)

Offline ausdimTopic starter

• Contributor
Uti260B firmware update fail…
« on: July 14, 2023, 04:21:20 pm »
Hello my name is Dimitri and I’m in serious problem…

So as the title say I try to update the firmware on my uti260b and now it is stuck at 100%

If try to open the device and use the pins to uart, want to ask you if im able to root shell to the device with r/w and replace the UTI260B_THERMAL file firmware app that is cause the problem i think because boot goes ok, torch is open and close and device charge ok.

Waiting for reply’s like a kid his 🍭

Many thanks

Offline siamak

Re: Uti260B firmware update fail…
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 01:33:11 pm »
Hi Dimitri,
I'm not experienced enough but just want to ask from where did you get the firmware and also if it is possible to update firmware from USB-C port and how?

Offline ausdimTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Uti260B firmware update fail…
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 08:03:27 pm »
Hi

I got the firmware from a user that he got it from uni-t for some reason..

BUT believe me you DONT want to flash any update except that your supplier gives you or if you are going to disassemble the device and use an adapter like ft232, pl2303 to root shell and replace the problematic app.

Devices seems exactly the same but different revisions makes then not to boot after upgrade complete and that’s the situation that I come across.

Problem solved after I disassemble the device and use my ft232 serial to usb adapter to replace the app (UTI260B_thermal) file with my original app file that I got with some script that I made before attempting anything..

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf