Author Topic: Portable solution for recording from Boson 640?  (Read 869 times)

Offline therwpTopic starter

• Contributor
Portable solution for recording from Boson 640?
« on: October 31, 2022, 09:02:52 pm »
I have a Boson 640 (60 Hz, <40mK NEDT) with VPC accessory, however I want a portable recording solution. The only reliable way that I have been able to stream uninterrupted 60 Hz video is when using the FLIR Boson GUI... which only runs on Windows. What is my best bet for reliable, portable, recording using this thermal imaging camera? A small Windows tablet? Any recommendations?

Streaming to VLC on my MacBook Pro invariably stutters. Not sure why. Other UVC video players seem to work fine. Are there Android UVC players that will work with the camera?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 06:16:05 pm by therwp »

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
Re: Portable solution for recording from Boson 640?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 12:22:50 am »
My hope always was to use one of those Nvidia SBC, I think Jetson or Xavier. As they have will come with hardware encoders for codecs like h264 and h265 but should also habe the power to record raw frames to disk. However you still need a power source and maybe even monitor to make use of it. I recently saw someone do a "diy cinema camera" which was based on such a device. I suspect the UVC signal is rather similar.

Offline sephalix

Re: Portable solution for recording from Boson 640?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 10:26:18 pm »
Have you tried GetThermal? https://github.com/groupgets/GetThermal/releases

Seems you have a UVC cable already, but there is also a UVC/Analog cable you could use with a portable DVR.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf