Author Topic: NEW Windows Software For InfiRay T2, T3 & HTI Thermal Cameras  (Read 34457 times)

Offline nikitasius

• Regular Contributor
Re: NEW Windows Software For InfiRay T2, T3 & HTI Thermal Cameras
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2023, 02:47:10 pm »
> OK, back to the topic of this thread and the software from RuneHansen……..

Yep sure, but before RuneHansen must explain me what was stolen and how. Cause the only i see are the false accusations from RuneHansen and likes from CleanUnbox.
There are idlers that want to have money without working and fools that are ready to work without becoming rich.

Offline RuneHansenTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2023, 03:52:01 pm »
Accessing unsecure servers to download non-public files and sharing them on forums and discord. That was the reason.

Offline nikitasius

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2023, 05:17:05 pm »
Accessing unsecure servers to download non-public files and sharing them on forums and discord. That was the reason.

You have the logic issues:
* non-public files cannot be in the public access as is
* non-public files cannot be accessible via public sources as is

🍿🍿🍿
There are idlers that want to have money without working and fools that are ready to work without becoming rich.

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2023, 08:59:35 am »
It doesn’t matter how you want to justify this. Working in the field that I do, requires that costumers, clients and employers can trust that project information of any kind, is kept secure and that employees can be trusted to uphold related project NDAs of any kind.
I don’t want any association with leaked information on my discord, that could put my credibility into question on how I secure client project information, documentation and data. 

Offline nikitasius

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2023, 04:54:24 pm »
It doesn’t matter how you want to justify this. Working in the field that I do, requires that costumers, clients and employers can trust that project information of any kind, is kept secure and that employees can be trusted to uphold related project NDAs of any kind.
I don’t want any association with leaked information on my discord, that could put my credibility into question on how I secure client project information, documentation and data.

it's not me, it's you who must justify crap you're writing on forum and in discord. Actually you act like CleanUnbox, you know, male version of Karen. Simply accusing other folks and.. when time come to explain "wtf is you just said" you're leaving the discussion.

Well, you can leave the discussion, but the discussion is still here also false shit accusations are still here also. Use the logic, not your fantasy.

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2023, 05:18:03 pm »
As per my pervious reply -> you have your reason. I don’t really care for a discussion with someone who can’t keep conversation civil on forums/Discord (towards me or any other members of my server). I’m here to develop/Maintain my software and discuss topics relating to it and Thermal Imaging. You are welcome to create your own discord server to allow anything you like, but I will keep information and discussion on my discord professional and civil. I will say no more. 

Offline nikitasius

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2023, 07:22:38 pm »
You here also to accuse folks publicly w/o any proofs.
Thats aren't professional Rune. When you aren't professional in your actions you can't develop professional software or even pretend to be a professional as is.

I don't care about discord nor friendly to you CleanUnbox. This forum matters for me. And you unprofesionally accuse other folks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:26:29 am by nikitasius »

Offline smile

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2023, 01:13:44 pm »
IRCAM Thermal Viewer was nice software until one night it became commercial and locked, all other versions removed.
I understand you need money for a living etc. but usually you make Pro version paid, and Free version is free.

Seems like you used this forum for brainstorming and idea hunting, when you got all you wanted you commercialized the software. End of story.

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2023, 01:51:05 pm »
No… the first version of the software (The one you refer to as: "The nice software until one night..." and the one showed in this post) was an application written in MATLAB app designer.
I decided to scrap the MATLAB version and program a “real” modern C/C++ software with the same and more features.

The MATLAB version had very slow performance, slow video rendering, slow startup, slow connection, slow everything and needed a specific version of python to function (which A LOT of people had trouble getting to work correctly). The MATLAB version also had a size of Gigabytes, because of the large MATLAB runtime (which is very slow), which resulted in a very large RAM usage – making it unusable on medium spec computers (4GB RAM PCs and single board computers was a NOPE).

At the time, where I decided to scrap the MATLAB version, was also the time where my MATLAB license ran out, and I didn’t really want to spend 1500$ (or spend a lot of money on monthly subscriptions) for MATLAB & Simulink + all of the different packages I needed to keep the MATLAB version running.

One of the most frustrating things about the MATLAB version was that, from one update to another, they could completely change how many parts of different build-in functions work – breaking the MATLAB version of the software everytime a new MATLAB update was released.

The MATLAB version was a fun and quick way to make a simple application like this, but it was very slow and very far from a professional software and only high-end computers could run it well.

The MATLAB version was free for this reason.
If I gave you the MATLAB version of the software today, you wouldn’t be able to run it, because it was written to support a version of python that MATLAB no longer supports + a ton of other different MATLAB faults from newer MATLAB updates. So, the MATLAB version is scrap.

I have not used EEVBlog for “idea” hunting.
All suggestions and interesting related software features have come directly from the many user suggestions from my discord channel.

At the moment I don’t plan on making a limited free version, but if it is something that people want, I would be happy to make such a version.

Offline povlhp

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2023, 07:48:21 am »
Limited options free version is always a good selling point for the commercial software.
You could a a version with limits like no video, maybe 128x92 downsampling of any data before you work on it, just average the fields.
256x192 seems to be a defecto minimum standard today, and with that low a resolution people can test, but can't really use it commercially.

Offline patiqs

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2024, 12:14:27 pm »
It works pretty well with my InfiRay T2S+.
Thank you for your work. This is a great software.

One feature suggestion:
It would be nice to be able to modify the orientation of the picture. Upside down, mirror, flip.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf