Author Topic: What adapter to connect T2S+ to USB-A? OTG?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Jet1Topic starter

• Contributor
What adapter to connect T2S+ to USB-A? OTG?
« on: February 18, 2023, 04:00:38 am »
I've recently received my T2S+ and so far I'm very impressed by it.
Now I also want to connect it to a laptop which doesn't have any USB-C ports and only have USB-A ports, so I would need to get myself an adapter. I understand that I would need a USB-C female to USB-A male adapter, but I don't know if it needs to be OTG or if that is just when connecting a phone. I'm also not entirely sure if I could just buy any adapter with the mentioned specifications or if there is certain brands that work better and are more reliable for connecting a thermal camera such as this.
Currently I'm looking at purchasing this Ugreen adapter (though it doesn't seem to have OTG):
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapter-Female-Converter-Charger/dp/B079K773M7

Would any of you on the forum have any experiences with adapters for thermal cameras and have any recommendations for which one could work with the T2S+ ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: What adapter to connect T2S+ to USB-A? OTG?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 07:00:53 am »
Any USB-C female to USB-A cable works with my P2 Pro. OTG is used by mobile phones to tell them to switch from USB slave to USB  Host mode. It is done by connecting certain pins on the phones micro USB connector together. UGreen cables are decent quality and I use them with my P2 Pro.

Fraser
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:05:53 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Jet1

Offline Jet1Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: What adapter to connect T2S+ to USB-A? OTG?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 02:28:42 pm »
Any USB-C female to USB-A cable works with my P2 Pro. OTG is used by mobile phones to tell them to switch from USB slave to USB  Host mode. It is done by connecting certain pins on the phones micro USB connector together. UGreen cables are decent quality and I use them with my P2 Pro.

Fraser
Thank you Fraser, I now better understand what OTG is and I'll go for the UGreen adapter even though it isn't On-The-Go  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf