Author Topic: Hikvision module bytecodes?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Dogman211Topic starter

• Contributor
Hikvision module bytecodes?
« on: October 08, 2024, 01:23:43 pm »
Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on a chinesium FPV digital thermal module because it seemed to fit the spec and was really cheap for what it was (and had a 4 mil focul length) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007285237228.html
, aside from them lying about the fps on the device the silly thing comes with some sorta temperature measurement automatically switched on.

Apon further investigation it appears to be a Hikvision module, considering it has all resolutions built in and only 3 work around the 256 mark, I suspect it may be a TM06 or some flavour of it

Does anyone know if there are bytecodes for these things or better  yet - how to kill this temperature gui? Its not particularly useful for my use case.

• Contributor
Re: Hikvision module bytecodes?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 06:57:01 am »
See below for pcb pics, appears to be a HM-8008? cant find info on that particular model, anyone got info?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 02:28:07 pm »
I wish you luck with your project but sadly cannot assist with the command list that you seek. Hikvision are not the easiest cameras and cores to work as Hikvision/HikMicro are less than forthcoming with programming information for their cores. This may stem the embarrassment they suffered when it was found that their IP CCTV cameras could be hacked. Even the firmware updates and firmware on the cameras is encrypted to deter reverse engineering. You purchased this core from a company that looks to have bought in the core technology. Have you tried contacting them to request some support for the product ? That may be your only chance of o gaining the required command to remove the display graphics.

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 04:04:49 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2024, 06:31:39 am »
Ah sadly they don't appear to know much on how to do that I'm afraid, they didnt respond when I asked a few weeks ago but would respond to other messages I asked so it appears they may be under some agreement not to say anything.
Curiously the temp readings dont appear on the raw thermal data, but ofc not optimal to view out of that

Offline darkspr1te

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2024, 08:00:59 am »
I've never owned/used a hikvision thermal unit but i know hikvision cctv, you might want to look at the hikvision sdk, theres 3 parts if i remember, net sdk for desktop side, board sdk for actual camera's and the android/iphone/online api sdk. the net sdk does work with usb side as they used to sell a odd pan/tilt usb camera and that had on screen stuff that you used the desktop cctv app to change (now known as ezviz app)

i would have a look through github as there is a lot of projects that cover either the sdk directly or replicates the functions it might have.

https://github.com/search?q=hikvision%20sdk%20&type=repositories

darkspr1te

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2024, 11:58:02 am »
A good suggestion. The Hikvision CCTV camera operating system is similar in many respects to that found in their thermal cameras. Sadly attempts to use the various SDK’s to unpack the firmware updates of the thermal cameras has failed, but the command routines for camera setup may be a productive line of enquiry. My personal interest in Hikvision software was the possibility of unlocking the full potential of the Covid-19 human temperature screening cameras to make them more useful for general use. Sadly the only path for that so far is modification of the decrypted files in the cameras volatile memory after boot. Sending control commands to the camera is a different realm of investigation as changing the graphics overlay settings may not be a protected function  :-+

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 12:00:59 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf