Author Topic: Uni-t UTi260B  (Read 131411 times)

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Uni-t UTi260B
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2024, 04:48:01 pm »
Digant

Write to Uni-Trend customer services and request the latest firmware for your version of the UTI-260b. Give them the information shown on your camera information page and the serial number. Using some random firmware version from the internet in your camera can easily result in bricking it. You need the correct firmware version for your hardware platform version.

Unless you have a really good reason to update your cameras firmware, it is best not to as there is a very real risk associated with updating these Uni-T cameras.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Tugo

Offline sixty

« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2024, 03:45:51 am »
Fraser, thank you so much for your diligent work on this unit - I was able to repair my own thermal camera by replacing the TPS630250 IC and one of the 01AH mosfets that had died. Only thing I couldn't seem to make work was using a SMAJ5.0A in place of the two SMBJ28CA's as you suggest. Not sure if you have any photos of your install - I suspect I've made a silly error somewhere.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2024, 10:21:56 am »
I elected to add a 5V TVS diode to the power trace coming from the USB C socket. I did not add another TVS diode on the battery input as that is not exposed to external influences. The TVS diode is placed across the PCB power trace and an adjacent 0V point whilst observing correct polarity as it is a unipolar device.

I did not remove the 28V TVS diode as it was placed on the power input for a good reason, even if I am unsure exactly what that reason is. It may be ESD protection ? There was no need to remove the original TVS diode as there is plenty of space to add another in that part of the PCB.

I will upload a picture of the TVS diode installation later.

Fraser
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:23:41 am by Fraser »

The following users thanked this post: sixty

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2024, 11:09:05 am »
Picture of the additional 5V unipolar TVS diode installed across the USB 5V charging input.

The following users thanked this post: sixty

Offline lcfvrn

• Contributor
« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2024, 08:59:57 pm »
Hello. I just received my uti260b. Firmware v2.0.22. It seems that internal NTC sensor is dead for me as well. I charged device with cable from package from my macbook pro 2015, i.e. it cannot give anything but 5V.
Any ideas how to fix that? I send this video to UNI-T support as well, waiting for the response.
Also, according to unit-t FAQ, this device does not have temperature compensation. What kind of NTC then it shows in calibration menu? For what purpose?
Looks like @EV.geny and @Algoma had the same issue. Have you resolved the issue?

Video of the issue:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 09:35:11 pm by lcfvrn »

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2024, 02:38:24 pm »
Mine lost half its calibration settings (Corrupted flash memory? set the values to zero). While I was able to roughly recalibrate it back to within "Goood enough for what I need" though trial and error while setting various calibration points, its still nowhere near factory, Thankfully I'm only looking for unusual hotspots on system boards.

Its always Best to avoid adjsting any existing calibrations, Though you now have video backup of the current calibration values. It looks like its more software related in this case. There is a factory reset option in the user menus, Be familar with the menus first, as it will reboot in Chinese language as the factory default setting.

Your calibration menu v2.0.22 is also improved, with -10, 20, 100 Calibration points.  Mine only has 10'C and 120'C points with an older v1.2.10 firmware

3 points can make a calibration curve, while two only makes a line of (Offset + Slope).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 03:00:24 pm by Algoma »

Offline sathunter

« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2024, 03:23:10 pm »
For your information,

here are my untouched calibration values from UTI260B

Offline EV.geny

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2024, 04:49:22 pm »
I contacted sellers in China, they replied that this was normal. As I understand it, in some versions of the "tiny 1" module, it is simply not soldered.

Offline EV.geny

« Reply #333 on: Today at 09:38:37 am »
If resetting to factory settings does not help. I noticed suspicious calibration data for cal100- 43.1. You can try to restore it either through the thermal imager menu or by editing the CalcTempConfig.ini file (by downloading it through a script).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf