Author Topic: ICI FM 640 P-Series - what is the best way to interface with this?  (Read 89 times)

Offline Mobra CosesTopic starter

Hello enthusiasts!

This is my first post here!

I happened to grab one of these ICI FM 640 P-Series thermal cameras from an Amazon/business returns store in Canada for $10 (I know, right?).  It was just the camera box and did not have the black body, 19-pin breakout cable, or the software included.
Inside there was a Hikvision DS-2CD7027FWD-A 3MP camera with some sort of zoom control module on it, a TP Link TL-SF1005 industrial switch, and a thermal camera that did not seem to have any identifiable markings on it.

From seeing some information in the forums, it seems that I require the IR FLASH STM (Skin Temperature Measurement) software, and not the Pro software.  To my understanding, the 640 P-Series has some sort of integration with the STM software to auto-detect the cameras.
I am able to access both cameras via IP address and can stream the video in VLC, but found the thermal camera is barely picking up any heat measurements. The included picture shows a red mark on the thermal stream which is the inside of a heat gun I was holding; I was expecting something a bit more significant.  Is this a setting of sorts?  Something that is solved with the right software?  Or is the issue because I am not using a black body?

If anybody happens to have the STM software, or knows of any third party software I can use, it would be appreciated!

Mobra

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf