Author Topic: Fluke Ti series cameras and software. Specifically TiS55  (Read 1417 times)

Offline beanflyingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Fluke Ti series cameras and software. Specifically TiS55
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:59:06 am »
Hi All, I haven't darkened this illuminated part of the forum much in the past but I had a fairly serious look a few years ago for a Camera for what I play with https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/best-320x240-camera-hardwaresoftware-for-around-$500-usd/msg2403765/#msg2403765 At the time the software and upper Temperature limits (and my budget) sort of limited my options and in the end the software made me pause.

Forward a few years and while looking at what secondhand Fluke gear was around the local area 'cheap' I came across this near pristine example of a TiS55 Fluke. To make matters worse evilbay offered me a $100AUD discount on it so I stumped up the rest of the $1k AUD ($780 USD currently) asking price and did the deal.

Opened the box and everything was double packed in the Fluke back then wrapped in more packaging so it travelled the few hours to me all in good condition.

First fail it wouldn't save to the camera SD card. Dropped in a new one and away it went  :-+ Turns out the 32Gb Sandisk wasn't formatted by the former owner :palm:

Couple of quick tests but I have some more serious ones to do tomorrow on a DC Load I am playing with at present. Depth of Field outside seems good and the manual focus works well too. Emissivity issues to be expected on the front of my Chromed Brass and Stainless Espresso machine (haven't played with any settings). Side on the lens displacement between the optical and thermal is an issue but I will do some more playing from overhead tomorrow and see if it is better.

Specs here https://www.fluke.com/en-us/product/thermal-cameras/tis55#specs-tab

Second minor niggle is using Fluke Connect it tries and fails to upgrade the Camera Firmware? Anyone got any tips? Also a niggle with Fluke Connect it does a port scan of my PC and causes my 34401A I have doing some logging to error  :rant: :horse:

Software wise Fluke Connect will likely do what I need but is there any other software I should look to add to the stable?

Anything else I should be wary of?

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflyingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Fluke Ti series cameras and software. Specifically TiS55
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »
Someone in the TEA thread asked about image options from the beasty. Full optical with Temp points and Full Thermal with Data points. Trying to find some time for a play with the settings over the next few days. I most likely forgot to change focus from the Bench so a little furry.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf