Author Topic: FLIR ONE PERSONAL THERMAL IMAGING DEVICE FOR YOUR iPHONE5 & 5s  (Read 102976 times)

Offline NathanFowler

• Regular Contributor
Re: FLIR ONE PERSONAL THERMAL IMAGING DEVICE FOR YOUR iPHONE5 & 5s
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2015, 01:20:31 pm »
Morning, hope all are doing well.  I have very much enjoyed reading the threads here on the FLIR ONE, the take down, and the comparison to the Seek.  Long story short, does anyone have the IPA for 1.5.2 they'd be willing to share for the FLIR ONE application (not FLIR Paint or FLIR Tools)?  The latest update Version: 2.0.1 released Jun 15 2015 causes frequent loss of connection with the Rosebud FLIR "sled".  The application itself doesn't crash, it simply goes "Please connect and turn on" forcing you to either reboot the phone or disconnect and reconnect the sled.

If someone could post the 1.5.2 IPA I could revert, otherwise consider this a warning for others to avoid 2.0.1.  I am on firmware 1.0.9 on an iPhone 5S.  Hardware version O

Nathan
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:02:03 pm by NathanFowler »

Offline NathanFowler

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2015, 06:31:57 pm »
FLIR just released firmware 1.0.11 for the FLIR ONE gen1 which addresses the connectivity issues introduced in FLIR ONE 2.0.1.  It takes a few tries to get the firmware to "take" due to the connectivity issues.  Also, a battery of 100% is reported as less than 50% (seems math error) but 99% worked fine.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2015, 11:45:22 am »
I picked up one of these recently taking advantage of the deep reductions now the newer unit is out and the out of box experience has been painful. It was shipped with firmware 1.08 and the application store had the 2.01 app.

Needless to say it was flakey to say the least, it would lose connectivity very frequently, and I seemed to need to switch off the unit, disconnect it and reconnect before switching on again to reestablish connection.

The app showed that 1.09 firmware (not 1.08) was available so I installed that, but there was no improvement other than I could now charge the phone through the Flir one.

I checked again immediately after installing 1.09 and it showed 1.11 was available so I tried to install that but it said that I needed more than 50% battery, which made no sense as both phone and Flir were showing fully charged.

I tried resetting with the pin hole button held in for 30s but it didn't make any difference.

In the end I let the battery run down on the Flir completely by leaving it on Video (and reconnecting as necessary), recharged it, and it finally allowed the 1.11 firmware to be uploaded.

It's far far better now, but it's taken about five days to get it to work reasonably well.

In use, for showing up board hot spots, it's pretty good except that there is parallax with the MSX augmentation, but you can work around that easily enough.

Once it's working, at £129 for me the technology had finally approached a reasonable price point.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2015, 12:12:05 pm »
Write to FLIR with your poor buying experience. They like feedback and often reward such. Worth the time it takes to write an email.

Aurora
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Starman

• Contributor
  • It's Just Magic
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2015, 02:10:19 am »
To Thinkpad

Yes, it will work with 5C. You will need a thin 5C back and do a little modification to it. The bottom 1/2 of the back needs to be thined with sandpaper so the lightning connector will line up properly. You will also need to cut in the round hole near the top of the back, and thin it down also. Sandpaper and a utility knife are all the tools you need.

Bought my Flir One last September, and performed the above mods. I am upgraded to the latest firmware and software and it works great.

Francis

Offline mimmus78

• Supporter
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2015, 11:28:34 pm »
My Flir One V2 order was cancelled ... I'm the only one or they are late with the product?

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2015, 04:08:32 am »
My Flir One V2 order was cancelled ... I'm the only one or they are late with the product?
They are certainly very late. My Amazon order is showing Sep 9 - Oct 5 with One Day shipping.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2016, 03:55:13 am »
I picked up one of these recently taking advantage of the deep reductions now the newer unit is out and the out of box experience has been painful. It was shipped with firmware 1.08 and the application store had the 2.01 app.

Needless to say it was flakey to say the least, it would lose connectivity very frequently, and I seemed to need to switch off the unit, disconnect it and reconnect before switching on again to reestablish connection.

The app showed that 1.09 firmware (not 1.08) was available so I installed that, but there was no improvement other than I could now charge the phone through the Flir one.

I checked again immediately after installing 1.09 and it showed 1.11 was available so I tried to install that but it said that I needed more than 50% battery, which made no sense as both phone and Flir were showing fully charged.

Just a note for others that are now buying this first version cheap or used.
Mine also said it needed more then 50% battery for the 1.0.11 firmware. Just plug in the charger, close the app, relaunch the app and try again. It worked for me. No need to drain the battery all the way and recharge.

Also I have mine running with the latest iPod Touch (6th Generation) that has the same 64bit processors as the iPhone 5/5S. It fits in the case good. The flash works as a light, no need to modify the case for the flash and is working good.

Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline andreasbest

« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2022, 02:07:03 pm »
Hello!
I'm sorry for resurrecting this ancient topic but i'm desperate.
We recently bought a FLIR One gen 1 for iOS, we managed to download the latest compatible version of app (3.2.8 ) using AppStore++ but we have connectivity problems, after exactly 60 seconds the camera disconnects and needs to power off, detach from phone and reattach to work for another 60 seconds.
Today i noticed your forums and the discussion about 1.11 FW, my camera is on 1.08 and i cannot update it though the app (responds that no newer updates for your device are available).
So i was wondering, how you update it to 1.11?

Offline faraday

• Contributor
    • ielektro.net
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2022, 07:44:48 pm »
Got same problem, app close itself after few seconds have you found solution?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf