Author Topic: FLIR Research Studio  (Read 1993 times)

Offline peppy88Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
FLIR Research Studio
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:54:39 pm »
This looks awesome! Can use multiple thermal cameras as well as work on Windows, Mac or Linux

https://www.flir.com/products/flir-research-studio/

https://support.flir.com/SwDownload/app/RssSWDownload.aspx?ID=8320

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: FLIR Research Studio
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:18 pm »
Mmmmmm nice :)

It may also mean my spare ResearchIR 4 Hasp dongles will be useful as FLIR often offer great upgrade discounts if you surrender a licence Dongle to them :) I will have to check if they are offering such a deal at the moment.

Fraser
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:44:38 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 03:58:41 pm »
Mmmmmm nice :)

It may also mean my spare ResearchIR 4 Hasp dongles will be useful as FLIR often offer great upgrade discounts if you surrender a licence Dongle to them :) I will have to check if they are offering such a deal at the moment.

Fraser

That is good to know. I just sent a email to Flir asking if there are any upgrade paths as I too have a Flir ResearchIR Max dongle as well. There also seems to be annual licenses as well as permanent ones. Hopefully you are right about the discounts as FLIR ResearchIR was already expensive ($1500-2000)

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »
I have contacted FLIR C.S. To ask about ResearchIR 4 Dongle trade in as well.

Historically FLIR have offered generous trade in values on previous software version licences but this is a little different. ResearchIR 4 is still current and Research Studio appears to be an addition to the R&D software range.

Hopefully FLIR will respond quickly with an answer for us. I have a ResearchIR 4 STD Dongle collecting dust and I have no need of it. The Spare ResearchIR 4 Max Dongle I have may be a ‘keeper’ for use with my FLIR SC4000 if I ever decide to sell it.

Fraser

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:28:13 pm »

Historically FLIR have offered generous trade in values on previous software version licences but this is a little different. ResearchIR 4 is still current and Research Studio appears to be an addition to the R&D software range.

Hopefully FLIR will respond quickly with an answer for us. I have a ResearchIR 4 STD Dongle collecting dust and I have no need of it. The Spare ResearchIR 4 Max Dongle I have may be a ‘keeper’ for use with my FLIR SC4000 if I ever decide to sell it.

Fraser

Yes that’s a must have for that camera. And one day I hope to own a cooled thermal camera like that. Currently have a T640 which is amazing compared to the E4/E40 I originally had. But the sensitivity of cooled cameras are just unmatched. I was looking into the a8300sc. But I heard those go for $50k.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:54 pm »

Fraser

So far according to the rep at FLIR a one year license is $300. Waiting for reply back on how much a permanent license is. Also he noted there is no current upgrade path for the current Flir ResearchIR but he said there will be a Pro version in early 2020 that will have a upgrade path :).

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 02:09:01 pm »
I just heard back from FLIR.

The sales team have not got ant pricing yet for Research Studio. Studio does not support cooled cameras !

A new version of ResearchIR will be released in approx 18 months time.

Fraser

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf