Author Topic: Rigol DS1062C communication through RS-232 with Ultrascope  (Read 784 times)

Offline ekiyoha@gmail.comTopic starter

Rigol DS1062C communication through RS-232 with Ultrascope
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:03:31 pm »
Hello friends,
I am posting this new topic in reply to Majdgh, who posted a topic, last February about this issue. As it is an old post, I was told to write a new topic, instead of reply to Majdgh.
I got the same problem reported by Majdgh, trying to connect the Rigol DS1062C to laptop, using the RS-232 interface, and the Ultrascope software. As he has posted, everything works fine, including the remote control, but I canĀ“t transfer data to see in wave mode, there is error in transfering data from scope.
He has mentioned, he also tried to use the LabView, but also failed.
I have contacted the Rigol deskhelp, inquiring about possibly new firmware, and also asking why the USB interface looks like dead, unfortunatelly I got nothing, as you can see the copied bellow:
"There is no firmware update available for that model. The USB interface on that was designed for Win XP. I don't think it can be made to work on anything more modern.
Glad it is still working. Let us know if we can help further.
"
It is ashame, we "old" customer are abandoned, and we are in our own effort to solve this problem.
I wonder to join efforts to figure out, and here are few steps those I tested, and may be can help you:
1) Get this publication (see pdf attached): https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/38978251/ds1000ca-serie-scpi-programming-guide-batronix/9
It is a very usefull book with commands to control DS1062C through RS-232 interface.
2) In the LabView, open the windows Measurement & Automation Explorer.
3) If the RS-232 interface is connected and recognized by your notebook, then it will appear in My System > Devices and Interfaces on the left upper corner of window.
4) On the rightmost column, there is a question "What do you want to do?", there is an option "Communicate with my device" Right-click on your serial or parallel port name in the configuration tree and select Open VISA Test Panel.
5) The VISA Test Panel looks like the attached image, there you can write commands (see the book in above described site), and read the feed back response from scope.
6) This is the confirmation, that interface is working properly, and data is sending accordingly in block (1024 bytes).
7) The command line is : :WAVeform:DATA?\sCHANnel1\n
8) See in the Excel sheet the data received in laptop.
These are what I got so far, next step I will work on decoding the Hex data file and try to display these data on LabView "Front Panel", and forget the Ultrascope, this has sucked me long time, and no support by Rigol team.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf