Author Topic: Where to buy Brymen?  (Read 3817 times)

Offline GoneTomorrowTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Where to buy Brymen?
« on: October 03, 2020, 11:51:40 am »
Looking to buy an electrician clamp meter to help with some of the more coarse and vulgar electrical work. Been happy with my Brymen BM257s, and they seem to offer some nice clamp meters, e.g. BM037. Looks like it would give the Fluke 325 a fair crack for a fraction of the price, and I'm sure it will be built well.

Problem is there's bugger all suppliers for Brymen gear. There's a small handful of Europe/UK based suppliers that appear to carry it, but they don't have shipping to New Zealand as an option. I've emailed a couple about organising postage but they never even bothered to reply. I could use a freight forwarder but that would mean paying the stupid high Europe VAT, and then I'd have to pay local taxes including on that VAT, basically doubling the price.

Long shot but has anyone got any tips, or maybe a similar skookum value-ish clamp meter?

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Where to buy Brymen?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 12:00:49 pm »
TME should ship to NZ.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 12:22:38 pm »
Ah, I did see TME show up, but previously I was looking at the BM035 which they don't show any stock so sort of discounted. Looks like they have a couple of BM037's, but the website can't give me any automated information for NZ, have to contact. Now to see if they actually respond unlike everyone else.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 12:40:30 pm »
but the website can't give me any automated information for NZ
They do. https://www.tme.com/nz/en/how-to-buy/7186/means-and-cost-of-transport/

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:54 pm »
tme.eu != tme.com  :palm:

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 01:02:28 pm »
tme.eu != tme.com  :palm:
It's one and the same. Change region selection on either and you will get to appropriate page.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 01:12:10 pm »
It may be the same, but doesn't have the same information. Now I'm just slightly annoyed. The site is capable of using geolocation to point you to another domain; why not just use that geolocation data to show me appropriate pricing and shipping dynamically on the same website?

Anyway, whatever.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »
Anyway, whatever ?  with replies like this,   why have you asked a question here ??

The following users thanked this post: GoneTomorrow, nugglix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 03:20:54 am »
Anyway, whatever ?  with replies like this,   why have you asked a question here ??

It was in reference to the behaviour of the website.

Thanks wraper, when I searched for "tme bm037" it took me straight to the product page on tme.eu with no reference to a .com website. So .com will ship here for a reasonable-ish 20 EUR. Might be an excuse to add a couple of other things to the order.

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 11:42:42 am »
Have you considered Welectron with "free shipping"? Just ask them via E-Mail...

https://www.welectron.com/Brymen-BM037-Current-Clamp-Multimeter

Worldwide delivery:

PS: For me living in that country: 87.63 € tutto completto and delivered and Welectron is very trustful - I always order there!

The following users thanked this post: GoneTomorrow

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 12:04:11 pm »
Another one, thanks! These just weren't showing up with my searches, I guess it's not a super common search (or I'm not good at searching).

The website quotes EUR19.90 for DHL express on checkout (same as TME), but the price for the meter seems slightly cheaper in NZD.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 03:14:49 pm »
Another thumbs up for Welectron.  :-+

That's where I got mine and they were very helpful.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 11:30:13 am »
Ended up buying from Welectron, got a few bucks off too with the EEVBlog discount too. Super fast service, order arrived super quick.

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 05:31:21 pm »
The site is capable of using geolocation to point you to another domain; why not just use that geolocation data to show me appropriate pricing and shipping dynamically on the same website?

It annoys the heck out of me when sites do that. I deliberately go to the Chinese version of a site, as I want to buy stuff there and pick it up on a trip to China. Instead it detects I am in the UK, and shows me a much more restricted range of goods at quite different prices; there's no way to tell it to stop doing geolocation. Too many "smart" systems  are just the opposite, and instead of helping the user, prevent the user from doing what they want, by making incorrect assumptions.

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 06:06:27 pm »
For this case I use "Opera" with its free internal VPN, where you have the option, to choose a general location:

Virtual Location:
> Optimal location
> Europe
> North- and South America
> Asia

During all my usage of this VPN, I have had only a few times so far, where I had to switch off the VPN or choose another place, when there were some minor issues due to traffic or routine server maintenance.
It is clear, that the octopus with the big "G", for example, does not work with it or you have to do hundreds of picture puzzles.  ::) Either you exclude the VPN, when using a search or you simply turn it off and clear the cache of opera, which is very easy. However, nowadays it is normal, that you have many different browsers, like Tor & Co. for its specific usage!  ;)

Just have a try.

The following users thanked this post: ralphrmartin

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 04:17:32 pm »
For this case I use "Opera" with its free internal VPN, where you have the option, to choose a general location

Thanks, that's a good idea, but unfortunately not specific enough. For example, even if I set my location to "Asia", if I go to www.taobao.com, I'm still redirected to world.taobao.com as presumably the Opera VPN Asia server is outside China.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf