Author Topic: What is a Hantek DSO2D10  (Read 29674 times)

Offline tunk

• Super Contributor
Re: What is a Hantek DSO2D10
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 11:33:39 am »
There's this short youtube video:

Offline MentalFloss

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 12:26:52 pm »
Could anyone who actually has one of these confirm that it has 80M points of memory. I find it hard to believe on such a cheap scope. The 5102P only has 40K and is a bit more expensive.  Also what do you think of the display? Compared to the 5102P which is the other scope I'm looking at the readings on the bottom of the screen look very blocky and is putting me off it a bit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 12:39:49 pm by MentalFloss »

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 03:52:21 pm »
8M of Sample memory, Thorugh the main CPU has an internal 64MB for the operating system. and there is a 1G (128MB?) onboard Winbond flash memory.

It runs fastest at 4K. 40K and 400K.. The 4M and 8M memory settings tends to slow it down a bit, but are great for single shot captures.

The 5102P is a bit more expensive, mostly because of the more chips and Separate Dual ADCs that allows it to maintain the full sample rate across both channels.. This newer DSO2 models are quite simplified in design, using larger, more integrated ICs, such as a Dual Channel ADC, and new (custom?) FPGA to interface with the larger ADC.

The display is pretty good, bright and clear colors, but the Allwinner CPU seems to hold it back a bit in redraw rate. Overall it refreshes pretty well for an entry level scope. Yes, the interface is pretty blocky, but its functional enough to take the needed measurements. Again something that may be improved in future firmware updates.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:02:11 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline MentalFloss

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 05:32:06 pm »
Separate Dual ADCs that allows it to maintain the full sample rate across both channels.

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about the sample rate? I'm sure I read somewhere that the 5102P shares the sampling rate when running both channels so that maximum sampling per channel would be 500MSa/S. Still can't believe it has 80M record length at the low price!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:40:30 pm by MentalFloss »

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 05:44:14 pm »
Only Eight Million Points memory,  not 80.  Still far more than enough for an entry level scope. I typically only need the 40K setting so far.

I'm thinking they're selling it low price to quickly get market share and reviews out there, then the price will go up. Its already up nearly $30 since I bought mine.

As far as we can tell, as discussed in another thread, it appears to use an ADC of Texas Instruments ADC08D500  This does 500Msa/S in dual channel mode, or 1Gsa/S in single channel mode by interleaving the input through both internal ADCs. Its actually got a bandwidth rating above what this scope is using it for, depending on the quality of the front-end feeding it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:12:26 pm by Algoma »

Offline SBS

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 03:05:43 pm »
There seems to be some difficulty getting these.
I ordered mine from Banggood, when they changed from preorder to simply order. They now pushed the date delivery date back.
As I am also located in Canada, may I be so bold as to please ask from where you ordered your scope and what was the deliver delay.

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 04:39:52 pm »
@SBS - Its likely Banggood is trying to get too many at once, on a limited supply. Though Banggood does generally have the best price.

I ordered from Aliexpress Seller "Hantek Official Store" https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2792111

At the rate they're restocking units, its pretty close to direct from Hantek. It shipped from a warehouse in Hong Kong, by DHL. Beware that DHL shipping arrives with hidden brokerage fees and taxes. I paid an extra $25 to DHL, but it arrived within a week of ordering. unfortunately the price has gone up $50 since I ordered.

Order was on Jan 19 - Their note said restock was on Jan 21, 2021,
Shipped Jan 22 2021 free shipping via DHL to Canada
Received Jan 26, 2021

Main discussion thread has been over here for these models: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:43:47 pm by Algoma »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
@Algoma, I am curious, is this $25 DHL brokerage fee you paid anything to do with DHL in Canada?  The AliExpress store clearly specifies "FREE DHL Shipping", did you question this extra fee?  I never heard of this "Brokerage" fee here in the US. 

I ordered my scope (DSO2D10) from Banggood 2 month ago and I am still waiting.  If they don't ship it by Feb. 25 which is their newest shipped by date, I will cancel my order.  My problem with Aliexpress is that they are charging now a fake US States sales tax which Banggood doesn't plus I got 15% off coupon from Banggood.  It looks like they ALL try to gouge the customer.

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 07:10:31 pm »
Canada always collects sales taxes on everything over of certain value being imported, excepting special classes of items, such as Books and Children's toys.

DHL often takes it upon themselves to process import paperwork on your behalf, when its needed by customs. They charge a fee for this fully automated procedure, and collect taxes based on the declared value, $40USD in this case. This is common for DHL coming into most countries in the world, including Canada.

If US sales taxes were already collected at the time of purchase, then the there should be no additional fees, as the seller should've already filed the required fees and paperwork when sending the package, as required by US customs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:13:04 pm by Algoma »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 07:32:09 pm »
DHL often takes it upon themselves to process import paperwork on your behalf, when its needed by customs. They charge a fee for this fully automated procedure, and collect taxes based on the declared value

Spain, too...  30 Euros per packet for all the hard work they do on your behalf.

(ie. Scan a barcode)

And then they'll break the 48-hour-delivery garantee and leave you a note saying, "We called but you weren't home!". You won't be able to claim under that garantee because only the sender can make that claim and they're a foreign company who doesn't feel like spending hours on the phone with DHL on your behalf.

Offline CDN_Torsten

• Regular Contributor
  • Professional electron whisperer
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 10:40:52 pm »
My experience here in Canada is:  DHL/UPS/FedEx and Purolater - minimum $20 no matter what the declared value is.  Usually the real tax is <$3 and the rest is service fee.

Worst is FedEx - you get your package, no fees at the time of delivery, and then you get a letter in the mail asking for money. 

Offline MADxHAWK

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 01:12:33 pm »
I ordered mine for about 180 EURO at Aliexpress on 03.18.2021 and it was delivered today (03.20.2021) 
Well ok it was send from Czech Republic to Germany so i was lucky i dont have to wai for the delivery from China.

Its a nice scope with lots of features from what i could test so far.

Also it seems that the DSO2D10 or Hanketk in general is a Keysight Scope. At least the Download link for the software from the Manual guided me to the Keysight Website.

Well i will try to report some more Informations about the handling.
The last time i worked with a scope was about 25 years ago, an good old HAMEG and Simens, both 20MHz analog Scopes.

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 03:57:23 pm »
Hantek oscilloscopes has absolutely nothing to do with Keysight, maybe the choice of black color for the new instruments, and that's all.

The IO Libraries is the Keysight's implementation for the VISA standard used for SCPI communication. Hantek is using that just for convenience. You could, in theory, use the drivers provided by any other vendor, ie: NI-Visa.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:07:01 pm by Microcheap »

The following users thanked this post: lech226, MADxHAWK

Offline MADxHAWK

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 02:29:43 pm »
Hantek oscilloscopes has absolutely nothing to do with Keysight, maybe the choice of black color for the new instruments, and that's all.

Thanks for the information.

Anyway, i have to return the oscilloscope citing warranty claims.
The oscilloscope occasionally freezes during measurements and can only be used again after a restart. This often happens when changing the timebase to zoom in on a signal, but also when using the math function (FFT for example).
A few days ago the scope was then completely frozen and could not be used again even after restarting it several times.
The Hantek support was very quick despite the time difference of 8 hours and always replied within 24 hours.
I received a zip file with the operating system and instructions on how to put the oscilloscope into maintenance mode and install a new system.
After reinstalling the system, the scope was usable again. Unfortunately, the new software did not fix the occasional crash of the Scope and it still freezes occasionally, so that only a restart helps, which is quite annoying.
Therefore I will send the scope back and claim a refund.

I think i will buy a Rigol DS1102Z-E, 2-channel, 100MHz,1 GSa/s, 24 Mpts when i got the refund.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2021, 02:36:35 pm »
If you want to use FFT , consider buying a 1000 series Keysight. All Chinese low cost scopes suck at FFT  speed.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2021, 03:02:48 pm »
If you want to use FFT , consider buying a 1000 series Keysight. All Chinese low cost scopes suck at FFT  speed.

Don't tell tautech that.

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2021, 03:13:28 pm »
The FPGA in these scopes should be able to easily do a full Hardware FFT, on the entire sample memory... Yet Hantek only calculates on only 2K points of what is displayed on screen.

From the Manual:
The mathematical calculation function can convert the 2048 center points of the time domain waveform into an FFT spectrum.
The final FFT spectrum contains 1024 points from DC (0 Hz) to the Nyquist frequency

Only a VERY small sample gets calculated, and the slow calculation rate makes me think they're doing the FFT all in software running on the tiny application processor, when they've got a reasonably powerful FPGA sitting right there beside it running only basic IO duties as far as I can tell.

Its a hobbyist grade FFT at best within these entry level scopes. If you need to make serious use of FFT then yes, you need to spend at least double the price, and get something that can do a real FFT calculation.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 03:15:01 pm by Algoma »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf