Author Topic: Rohde & Schwarz Parts?  (Read 2236 times)

Offline stevec5000Topic starter

• Contributor
Rohde & Schwarz Parts?
« on: May 14, 2019, 05:39:43 pm »
Is there any place that sells parts for older R&S instruments?  I have an R&S SMHU signal generator (Giant 66 pound boat anchor) that needs replacements for the blue plastic "feet" at the back of the cabinet.  Normally this wouldn't be an issue except on this instrument they also hold the top and bottom covers on.  It's the foot that goes from the top to bottom of the cabinet on the rear corners that you would sit it on when the instrument is sitting up vertically and is held on by two 4mm screws.  The parts list shows "rear foot" as part # 396.4586 but I'm not sure that's the correct one since there are no photos.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:09:06 pm by stevec5000 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Rohde & Schwarz Parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 06:19:44 pm »
Do you have access to a 3d printer ?

If you need help building a 3d model for everyone to use you should find help and guidance in this thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/replacement-knobs-feet-and-fittings-for-test-equipment/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 06:31:00 pm »
Yes but it's a pretty complicated shape that I would never be able to draw.  I could use some of those buttons for the Racal Dana counter though!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:33:15 pm by stevec5000 »

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 06:40:11 pm »
If you have one and a printer, could be a good time to learn some CAD software.

Aside from for-parts units, that's basically the only way to get old test equipment plastics these days.  I've seen the part and probably have the right skills/equipment to make a good version of it, but I no longer have it - was on an SMIQ I got rid of some time ago.  Even if you're not great at making the model, with a set of calipers to make measurements and then a few iterations of test prints to try fitting on the instrument, most shapes are not too bad to get close enough to work, though there are some geometries that are just hard to print because of the way 3d printing works.

Otherwise, scour ye olde ebay for busted units or parts sold as spares and be prepared to wait.

Offline Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 01:00:21 pm »
I can't make any promises, but I'll see if I can rustle something up in Munich.  Do you mind PM'ing me a picture?

Thanks,
Rich

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:21 pm »
Sure thing, soon as I get a chance to shoot some pics.
Thanks.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 05:24:26 pm »
I really just need the one on the left looking at it from the back since the right one is still serviceable.  Apparently it was dropped on the rear at one time and broke part of it off.
I can't find a way to insert images here or in PM though since clicking Insert Image just puts [/img][/img] into the text!

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 05:34:04 pm »
If I ignore the folding foot function it's really just a rectangular piece of plastic 7" long with 2 holes in it so it would be easier to just cut one out of a piece of aluminum bar stock than to 3D print one.

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 03:33:57 am »
Maybe this is a different part than I'm thinking of, but doesn't it have a plastic piece that runs down the seam on the instrument between the top and bottom half?  On the SMIQ I was thinking of, the rear folding feet were molded onto a blue plastic piece that spanned the back, but which also overlapped the top and bottom metal parts of the chassis and extended several inches down to the base of the handle on the side, further retaining the top and bottom half.

Offline rogersstuart

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 09:02:28 pm »
I need to replace two pieces of rigid coax on a Rohde & Schwarz ZVM network analyzer. I bought a random set on eBay but they don't look the same. Is there a good place to buy these? The manual has an arrow pointing at the components labeled W524 and W525, but I can't seem to find an exact part number.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf