Author Topic: DS1054Z show only difference trace?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline cjk2Topic starter

• Contributor
DS1054Z show only difference trace?
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »
I finally got my DS1054Z yesterday and started using it a bit last night.

For those that also have one, is it possible to display only the math trace on the screen and remove the two traces that are being subtracted in my case to generate it?

In general it seems to me that digital scopes have poor performance when it comes to doing difference measurements. I noticed this on both my old DS1052 and now on the DS1054. These scopes lack an analog adder so they must first digitize the signals then subtract them. My old TAS475 for example can easily do a difference measurement and show only that trace. Perhaps analog adders are just a thing of the past...

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DS1054Z show only difference trace?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 03:25:23 pm »

For those that also have one, is it possible to display only the math trace on the screen and remove the two traces that are being subtracted in my case to generate it?

I don't think so, this has been bothering me too.  Rigol should add that option as well as an option to not show the underlying signals in X-Y mode.

-katie

Offline danadak

• Super Contributor
  • Reactor Operator SSN-583, Retired EE
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:41:48 pm »
I had that problem with FFT, wanted to suppress time domain screen. So I
set it such that ground for TD screen was bottom graticule line, then push
invert on vertical setup, and TD screen disappears except for the ground
line. You could always use offset to remove that line as well.

Regards, Dana.
Love Cypress PSOC, ATTiny, Bit Slice, OpAmps, Oscilloscopes, and Analog Gurus like Pease, Miller, Widlar, Dobkin, obsessed with being an engineer

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 11:30:11 pm »

No.  It's on the wish list in this thread:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1000z-series-%28ds1054z-ds1074z-ds1104z-and-s-models%29-bugswish-list/msg584436/#msg584436
-katie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf