Author Topic: Is everything alright with the owner of KO4BB site?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline rsjsouzaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Is everything alright with the owner of KO4BB site?
« on: April 22, 2022, 10:46:12 am »
This is a very long shot, but I wonder if anyone here knows the owner of the excellent KO4BB repository.

I uploaded a manual there more than a month ago and it is still sitting in the directory 07_Recent_Uploads together with a bunch of others. This is quite unusual as I had never experienced such delay before - one or two days, perhaps a week.

I scribbled some lines on the email form on the website, but perhaps someone here knows the person or has the ability to provide some help.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:59:24 am by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Kean, PartialDischarge

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Is everything alright with the owner of KO4BB site?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 10:57:39 am »
Hmmm... if you look up his call sign on ARRL his license expired in October 2021.  I hope he is OK.
His contact details are very easily found if someone located in the USA wants to do a welfare check.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 11:55:21 am »
Did you post the Advantest TR6142 Programmable DC Voltage schematics?
Those are interesting...

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 12:47:05 pm »
Did you post the Advantest TR6142 Programmable DC Voltage schematics?
Those are interesting...
No, this is not mine.

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 02:58:51 pm »
I hope KO4BB is okay and just has other things on their mind right now. 

I upload everything I share to KO4BB, BAMA and xdevs.com, so there are redundant copies in case one of them goes down for any reason.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 09:26:08 am »
I also wonder if Didier is OK.

When I have made donations to his site in the past he has quickly followed up with a thank you email. However, my most recent donation a week ago has not yet been acknowledged.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 09:47:02 am »
I'd say ko4bb.com and w140.com are my preferred sites for manuals. The domain expires in September, so if he doesn't report we'll have to do a website dump

Offline perdrix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 01:48:55 pm »
As far as I remember Didier had a plan for continuation of the website in the event of his incapacity or death.   I think his son was involved.

But you needn't worry - he's alive and well, just very busy.

David
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 02:44:23 pm by perdrix »

Offline Ko4bb

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 04:17:13 pm »
Thanks for the concerns, and the reminder that my licence lapsed... I have just been very busy in all sorts of different ways lately, and I apologize for not saving the uploaded files sooner. I am mostly done as of now :)

I remind everyone that I can easily be contacted using the Email link at the bottom of each page on my site.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 05:23:11 pm »
Thanks for the concerns, and the reminder that my licence lapsed... I have just been very busy in all sorts of different ways lately, and I apologize for not saving the uploaded files sooner. I am mostly done as of now :)

I remind everyone that I can easily be contacted using the Email link at the bottom of each page on my site.

No need to apologize for anything!
We are very glad you're OK and all is well.

BTW, thank you for all the outstanding service to the community!!

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, nctnico, kayvee, Jacon, Neomys Sapiens, derree

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 06:20:05 pm »

Thank you for reporting back that you are A-OK and thank you very very very much for maintaining such resourceful website. Sorry for the commotion; I had contacted you via the email form before posting (no need to reply to that now) but wanted to check if there was some way to help or bring awareness to someone closer with the capacity to help.

Take care

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, derree

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf