Author Topic: Sad tale of my SSA3032X and a warning  (Read 1411 times)

Offline 7 of 9Topic starter

Sad tale of my SSA3032X and a warning
« on: August 13, 2021, 07:15:44 pm »
Hi All,

A few weeks ago I bought an "As New" SSA3032X spectrum analyser, and it was as described, in mint condition and came with the reflection bridge and license, it was originally bought in August 2019 so still under warranty?
Anyway I was very pleased with the unit, here are some things I maybe should not have done?
I set the time & date. I then checked the Siglent website for any firmware updates, there was ,so I downloaded version 1.3.9.7 and installed it
which was possibly another error ? and I also did a factory reset, another error?
Well the outcome of this was that the two trial licenses  for EMI & AMK  (which had not been used) have now expired
and along with this all the measure functions have been greyed out so are unusable.

I contacted Siglentna.com as I thought I had broken the SSA, the reply was:

The MEAS functions are all tied to the Advanced Measurement Option, part number SSA3000X-AMK. You can see them listed here:
https://siglentna.com/product/advanced-measurement-activation-license/

The trials are provided for a time duration, whether or not they are used. The SSA3000X has approximately 40 hours of trial time for all of the trials. The timer runs when the instrument is plugged in.
As I am just a hobbyist I can not afford or justify the cost of  the licences.

I would have liked to at least trial the EMI & AMK features. Is there a way I can get them back?

Anyway beware if you buy a second hand SSA as I did.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Re: Sad tale of my SSA3032X and a warning
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 07:23:52 pm »
Unfortunately there are sadder stories in this forum. See pm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf