Author Topic: Keysight scopes - transferring licences?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline alanambroseTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Keysight scopes - transferring licences?
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:44:10 pm »
Hi,

I have a MSOX3024A with a properly-kosher fully-paid-for with-a-certificate APPBNDL (in case you wondered). I'm thinking of buying a MSOX3104T. Do you think I can 'un-licence' the APPBNDL from the scope I have and apply the bundle to the new scope. That would make quite a difference to my buying decision...

Alan
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight scopes - transferring licences?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:34:17 pm »
You can ask your vendor but usually those codes/files are locked to a specific serial number and depending on the model not reversible by normal means

You might be better off asking for a trade up deal

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
Re: Keysight scopes - transferring licences?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 05:27:18 pm »
Elasia is correct on the licensing, we call them "node locked" licenses. I have good news for you, though. You can actually just upgrade your bandwidth and the cost is the difference between the 1 GHz version and the 200 MHz version. So, it's essentially as if you purchased the 1 GHz version from day 1 (no upcharge). And, you'll get a fresh acquisition board out of it - it's a pretty great deal.

From page 39 of the datasheet, it looks like you'll need the DSOXT3B2T104U option.
https://www.keysight.com/us/en/assets/7018-04570/data-sheets/5992-0140.pdf

You should be able to put in the order through your preferred distributor, or possibly directly through us at https://www.keysight.com/find/contactus .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf