Author Topic: programming lambda lqd power supplies?  (Read 3851 times)

Offline ftransformTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
programming lambda lqd power supplies?
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:03:47 am »
Does anyone know how to program the LQD lambda power supplies? I found a manual online, which says to refer to a wiring diagram, which is not in the manual...

It has screw terminals on the back labeled:

Po
+s
+dc
Rp
-dc
-s
AT
ground

S+ and DC+ are linked (sense and positive terminal)
S- and DC- are linked (sense and negative terminal)
Ground is linked to chassis ground

No idea what RP, Po and AT are.

It has the ability to be programmed by a voltage source and a resistor, I would like to use a voltage source.

http://drco.pairserver.com/manuals/lam2.PDF manual with no pictures.  :palm:

• Frequent Contributor
Re: programming lambda lqd power supplies?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:31:27 pm »
I tried connecting an agilent power supply to the sense and positive pin (as suggested by another lambda manual) and this did not work.

I poked the Ro and v- with an agilent power supply and a capacitor exploded. Note to self: dont plug random stuff in.

capacitor was replaced and the transistor is ok but no new clues on programming :(

I think PO might have something to do with sequencing units, like in parallel.

oh, that was easy, you just connect +V to Rp and V- to V-.

I figured Rp had to do with the resistor programming but it works fine really. groovy.  :-+

now to figure out current programming... hmmm...... :-/O :scared:

It does however seem to have a problem, if you adjust the reference voltage too quickly the thing gets stuck.

Does anyone have any insight? Is that a limitation, I.E. you cant change the programming voltage too quick? should the sense pins be connected in this case?
Also, there is a voltage difference between the programming supply and the output supply (100mV at 20V)

Also, when a current is drawn the programming supply needs to supply roughly 1/3 of the current, for 180mA the programming supply needed to supply 60mA.

That does not seem right to me.... :-- I must be missing something

ah ha, you need to cut the negative sense terminal off from the circuit and leave the positive sense terminal connected.

idk if i want to fuck with the current source
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:54:24 pm by ftransform »

Offline JimmyMz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
I know you are getting along better than when you started, but I'd like to point out for others that Rp is typically indicative of Parallel Resistor. Good luck with the other issues you are currently tackling. I unfortunately don't own a Lambda PS.
If you didn't get this message, let me know, and I'll get you another.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:56:21 pm »
I know you are getting along better than when you started, but I'd like to point out for others that Rp is typically indicative of Parallel Resistor. Good luck with the other issues you are currently tackling. I unfortunately don't own a Lambda PS.

it works now, connected to Rp with the V- sense cut off and the +V connected to Vsense+.

There is a slight offset (40mV) still. I may be misusing it but it seems to work. At this point I can drive 20V @ 180mA with 20V at <10 mA.

I might be misusing the resistor hookup I suppose..... But I am scared to try more things because of the smoke !

what in the hell do AT and PO stand for though? I assume RP means either resistor program or remote program.

Offline JimmyMz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »
Maybe "Po" is Parallel Operation and "Ta" is Ambient Temperature
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:46:08 pm by JimmyMz »
If you didn't get this message, let me know, and I'll get you another.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »
Maybe "Po" is Parallel Operation and "Ta" is Ambient Temperature

ooo perhaps it has a thermistor in it, but this is not mentioned in the manual.

edit: it does have a themrostat shutdown mode but its not mentioned in manual it can be accessed externally.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:00:53 am by ftransform »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:23:30 am »
I dont think its a temperature pin, it seems to  behave rather randomly. At first it does look like a temperature output, but it changes too quickly with programming voltage.
I left it connected to a load and it slowly rised to 11v, but then when I came back into the room (load was still running) it dropped to 9V. The room temperature did not really change much..

perhaps it cant be used in conjunction with voltage programming or there is some kind of fault in the circuit, because it does slowly rise when there is a load on it.

i might take this apart and trace it to something but I will wait for responses because that's alot of work.

yay its broke
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:35:45 am by ftransform »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:13:14 am »
30$ of repairs later.......

am I gonna have to buy a manual for this thing? :(

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »
spare parts should be here soon bump

Using the sense + as the input and the neg as ground (for another supply) seemed to work for a while, but there was a mismatch (0.3 volts between control supply and output), but eventually this broke the controller IC.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:19:21 pm by ftransform »

Offline rsaxvc

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2024, 12:01:22 am »
Appologies for the necro-bump, but I've got the same wiring quesions for my pair of LK-351. However, I also found the instruction manual for Lambda LDS-X series, which use the same terminal names, and I'm hoping are wired similarly. Attached are the LDS series interconnection diagrams I found.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 12:15:31 am by rsaxvc »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf