Author Topic: Atten ADS1102CML - Video and Screen Shots  (Read 8527 times)

Offline WanaGoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Atten ADS1102CML - Video and Screen Shots
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »
Hello,

To start off, this video and these screenshots were not done by me - I requested www.toolboom.com to provide some information about the oscilloscope as I could not find very much information on the net.

Below is their email they sent me, and attached are screenshots and the video they put on Youtube.
Hopefully someone will find this of use - feel free to comment or email them direct - I have no affiliation to them, but wanted the information as much as the next person.

As promised we made some video about ATTEN 1102CML.
Here is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrNzh72kX0E.
On that video clip our engineer shows main characteristics of the model 1102CML, as well we showed item menu and filters. We have only Rigol 2041A function generator with maximum frequency 40 Mhz, so the square wave 10 MHz is not correct. This is not a problem of oscilloscope, but of function generator. To prove that we watch the same signal with more powerful oscilloscope Rigol DS1302CA with bandwith 300 MHz, we can see that incorrect lines again. In the attachment we made some screenshots of Atten ADS1102CML and 10 MHz square wave of Rigol DS1302CA.
Hope that information will be helpful for you.
Waiting for your comments.
Anyway, I can state that the model is very hot selling and if the item doesn’t fit you after your testing I can return you money.
Think it over and have a nice time.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

With kindest greetings,
Thomas
Sales Department
Thomas@toolboom.com
Tel.:  +852 397 33 882
Fax: +852 3586 8535

Cheers
James

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Atten ADS1102CML - Video and Screen Shots
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:41 pm »
how cool is that, the horizontal sequence is 1- 2.5 - 5
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

alm

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:59 pm »
I think I've seen variations like 1-2-4 or 1-2.5-5 before on some Tek DSO. Can be annoying if you're trying to follow procedures. 1-2-5 and 1-2.5-5 are both semi-logarithmic, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:55:42 pm »
The Atten reaches its published frequency response well based on those images, and the Rigol comparison shows the ringing is likely from the source or its connections, and unlikely the scope. 
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline shadowless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 12:28:05 am »
I wonder if a better quality probe would have compensated the ringing better.

Offline bxs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
Quite off topic,
I have an ATTEN ADS1102CAL, the same as the CML without long memory, and sine this thread have some waves, I will show another one, this produced by a high end oscilator  ;D

These things are not really for breadboards, so the result is bad but I'm surprised is not even worse  ::)

Offline WanaGoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:43:33 am »
So the question is, would you (the reader) buy an ADS1102CML for $530USD knowing the above, or would you still buy something else (Rigol, Hantek etc)

I hate making decisions which involve money, especially when its so hard to come by.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »
I wouldn't do either. I'd look on ebay for a good deal on the Siglent SDS1102CM which is cheaper and has more memory than either than the ADS1102CAL.

The Rigol DS1302CA used in the test is also nearly four times the price of the Atten so there's no surprise it's much better.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:12:46 pm »
With at least that test, I'd consider the Atten mainly because you have a local seller to you and you can return it should you find out its not worth your while.  Test is thoroughly when you receive it.  If you buy a Rigol or Tekway from a China seller, you could save money but if it malfunctions, its nearly impossible to get a refund.   

There are 2 threads on eevblog now discussing new problems with 1052e, very high quiescent noise and a flicker bug in the firmware.  If you bought a new scope, you'd have to contend with this issue.

So the question is, would you (the reader) buy an ADS1102CML for $530USD knowing the above, or would you still buy something else (Rigol, Hantek etc)

I hate making decisions which involve money, especially when its so hard to come by.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:14:29 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf