Author Topic: Anritsu MS2602a Spectrum analyzer repair help  (Read 2290 times)

Offline lectrohamlincolnTopic starter

• Contributor
Anritsu MS2602a Spectrum analyzer repair help
« on: October 05, 2016, 11:16:25 pm »
Hi,

I just picked up a Anritsu MS2602a 8.5Ghz spectrum analyzer for free! However, it does not display any signal and it appears the A/D board has gone bad.

I suspect the A/D board for two reasons: the flow chart in the service manual vol 1, and when I took it apart the A/D board had a piece of masking tape with a big black X on it :(

The service vol 1. doesn't offer much in the way of diagnosing circuit level problems and it appears the service manual vol 2 is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've done some rudimentary test, such as checking all voltage at labeled rails (all voltages good so far), and now I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

Do you guys have any suggestion on what I should check next? Or where I might find the Service Manual vol. 2, a replacement A/D board, or even an extender so I can take the board out while the MS2602a is powered on?

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
Re: Anritsu MS2602a Spectrum analyzer repair help
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:00:36 pm »
I was facing a slightly comparable problem when repairing an SMU from Yokogawa (also no usable service manual). I got some excellent tips that are generally applicable in repairing a unit without knowing the circuit diagram:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/yokogawa-gs610-source-measure-unit-service-manual-needed/

Hopefully your problem is also something simple, but off course, an 8.5Ghz spectrum analyzer is way more complex then my SMU...

Good luck, hope you find it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf