Author Topic: Just showing off..... two OLD HP test gear recently joined my lab  (Read 933 times)

Offline tkamiyaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
This is not a question.  This is not even a suggestion.  This is just me showing off new acquisitions. 

HP608E, the signal generator (10 - 480MHz) actually doesn't work.  At least few tubes are suspect.  Also, lots and lots of caps are of kind with bad reputations.  Built like a tank.  No PLL, no computers, mostly tube.  I prefer nice looking one with electrical problems than the other way around.  I can fix electronics.  I am very limited on mechanical repairs.

HP400H is a VTVM.  Vacuum Tube Volt Meter.  Basically an old FET multi-meter.  A high impedance AC voltmeter for audio range.  This one actually works.  Came with a manual, too.  Obviously some internal cleaning is necessary but outside is super clean.  It came like this.  Range switch needs some work.

Perhaps these are not as practical today but very much fun to have.  In late 70s, I had an HP608D.  Fun thing is I can tune it to a ham band and SCREAM into the cabinet via holes.  I can get some modulation.  I had some fun with that one.

Anyway, I won't do a "tear down" but am thinking of doing show-and-tell kind of video in future.  Anyone interested?

By the way, I am WELL aware of high voltages and got-cha's.  No need to #include <std.warning>. 

The following users thanked this post: edavid, NoisyBoy

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Just showing off..... two OLD HP test gear recently joined my lab
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:28:39 am »
Very nice acquisitions! Teardowns, videos, etc. are all good and enjoyable to see. :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf