Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16941649 times)

wkb, factory, aeug, BrianInTexas, Andrew_Debbie and 163 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online factory

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #125750 on: July 08, 2022, 08:54:58 pm »
Am watching Edd China's latest video on YT, got a shock... spotted a piece of TE in the background as decoration. No light bulb mounted on it so that's good... well there IS a lamp on top of it, but I can see its base so it's just sitting atop the TE, not bolted to it I think  :phew:

It's too far away in the background to figure out exactly what it is, completely out of focus. Some kind of old HP spectrum analyzer perhaps ?!  :-//

https://youtu.be/d9JfWM8vUuU?t=1266

It's a rack mount HP 180x series oscilloscope, possibly 181AR storage version, with something like 1820C or 1824A timebase. With some scrap metal sitting on top of it.  :-DD

David
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:07:50 pm by factory »

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh, bd139, ch_scr, cyclin_al, Zoli

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125751 on: July 08, 2022, 09:00:15 pm »
Wow, you have me impressed !  :o  :-+

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125752 on: July 08, 2022, 09:02:02 pm »
UK question:
has anyone dealed with the seller behind this offer?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/275369981388

No not me, I don't buy from sites that are not in English as it's the only language I know, yes I know that sounds stupid, but in my days at school, languages was not really an option.

There had to be a good reason why he was asking UK folks about it. The currency and location might be a big clue that this is an ebay UK seller whose listing just also happens to show up on ebay DE.

Oh, and the 'but we didn't do that at school' is the kind of poor excuse that gets us Brits almost as poor a reputation as the 'Merkins get over speaking foreign languages. I didn't learn any German or Italian at school but at least made an attempt to learn some before setting foot in the respective countries, in fact I'd consider it bloody rude to go there without learning at least the very basics.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125753 on: July 08, 2022, 09:16:09 pm »
Watch out for anything from Rushden in ebay. It might be Chinese drop shippers. Lots of warehousing around there used for that sort of stuff.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:19:05 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens

Online factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125754 on: July 08, 2022, 09:19:01 pm »

Found a slightly clearer bit of the video. Definitely a HP 181AR storage scope with 1805A vertical & 1820C timebase, good for 100MHz, I don't have either plug-in.

David

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #125755 on: July 08, 2022, 09:31:28 pm »

Found a slightly clearer bit of the video. Definitely a HP 181AR storage scope with 1805A vertical & 1820C timebase, good for 100MHz, I don't have either plug-in.

David
TV ads are good coin when you can get it.  :)
Below snapped from this one: https://youtu.be/loon0nHy-MM
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: bd139, cyclin_al

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125756 on: July 08, 2022, 09:33:58 pm »
Oh yes indeed, there is what looks like a cool Tektronix Vector scope / TV thing of a bob at the bottom of the pic ! >:D

Well not 100% sure it's a Tek, but they made similar looking ones in the same kind of colour.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:35:36 pm by Vince »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125757 on: July 08, 2022, 09:38:22 pm »
Oh yes indeed, there is what looks like a cool Tektronix Vector scope / TV thing of a bob at the bottom of the pic ! >:D

Well not 100% sure it's a Tek, but they made similar looking ones in the same kind of colour.
LOL, IIRC they just photoshopped the other stuff in as it was a static image.  :horse:

Never believe all the camera shows !  ;)

BTW, old thread about TEA props:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/movie-scopes-(and-other-tm-props)/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #125758 on: July 08, 2022, 09:43:25 pm »

They said they need to interview a few more people in the coming days, and that I could probably expect a reply, positive or negative, in a week or so.

Well done! Potential for more TE money. Which is good. Thumbs are held.

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #125759 on: July 08, 2022, 10:21:16 pm »
Rogers is still totally screwed.

Anyways, so what have I been doing with the day other than sleeping in after a seriously late night?  Going through some test equipment arrivals and some other miscellaneous stuff.

This HAKKO solder reel stand was an impulse purchase.  Even if it's a knockoff, it'll still hold two reels and help organize the build bench a bit better.

I got a 10% off coupon a while ago so I ordered a second RF adapter kit to keep in the truck permanently along with some of the companion interconnect cables since I'm spending a serious amount of time in the truck these days.

The Keysight U1253B kit I mentioned I ordered a while ago after the one on Facebook Marketplace fizzled finally arrived.  Paying full retail stung but the one that's supposedly available locally turned out to be a total non-starter.  I even got a friend to message about it and he never heard back from the seller either.  I think part of the problem with the flakeyness on Facebook Marketplace vs. Kijiji, and wow, saying something's flakey compared to Kijiji, comes down to the fact that Kijiji's always been a buy and sell site while Facebook's a social media platform that's trying to muscle in on that territory.  The COVID-19 edition of Ugly's is pretty useful as a reference as long as you know where things differ between Canada and the US.

Turns out the QR code reader function doesn't need the QR code to occupy much of the frame to operate since it picked up on that tiny part of the multimeter's box where the code for the link to their website is.

While I've been putzing around with all of this, a pork loin's been cooking in the smoker.  The whole area has a nice, gentle pecan smoke smell to it.  It's been a few hours so we'll probably be able to smell the pork soon too.  Also, one of the neighbours was flying a tiny, fits in the palm of your hand-sized drone the other day and it got picked up by the wind and blown into my back yard where it crashed into the lawn.  I was rushing to finish mowing the lawn before it got dark and I didn't see it but I sure heard it when the mower ran over it.  I stopped and looked to see what happened and that's all I found.

It's been a very quiet day.  My internet still works but phone's out courtesy of Rogers.  From what I've heard, it sounds like it's been a total mess out there today so I was glad to have the day off to putter around at home before going back to work tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:28:38 pm by 25 CPS »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, cyclin_al, Zoli

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #125760 on: July 08, 2022, 10:41:06 pm »
I was just reading the latest on the Rogers fiasco:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-cell-mobile-wifi-1.6514373

The what a disaster.  The last time, it was just cell phones.  This time around it's practically everything in their telecommunications business and the secondary effects have been far reaching from everything from the cell network being out of action, internet out of action, data backhaul for other things out of action and the secondary effects have been significant.  Apparently the Interac debit card systems are down, the ArriveCAN app is down and it's not like that hasn't been singled out for criticism before this happened, and I've heard some real horror stories about people melting down about bank machines not working when they go to get cash to use at places where the merchant terminals are down because of this.  I've been home all day so I haven't had any first hand experience but from everything I've seen online and heard from friends, it sounds like it's just been a giant cluster.

The really bad thing is twice now, Rogers has provided a great example of what happens if a large chunk of a whole country's telecommunications infrastructure crashes out.  I'm sure there are criminals, terrorists, unfriendly governments, the works quietly watching this mess playing out for the second time and making notes.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125761 on: July 08, 2022, 11:20:53 pm »
The truly worrying thing about the Rogers meltdown is if there is anyone competent at Rogers and they were listened to it would not be possible for all of the infrastructure of a telco, encompassing Internet, voice, private data and so on to collapse together.

The only way this can happen is by creating a single point of failure for a collection of systems that, if built organically, or haphazardly, or even randomly, would not naturally have a single point of failure. You have to really go out of your way, and be monumentally stupid, to create a scenario where this is possible.

My whole life in the ISP/telco world was about building in as much fail-safe, redundancy, and generally avoiding "house of cards" scenarios as ingenuity and budgets would stretch to. i.e. the exact opposite to what Rogers must have done.

I've presided over some nasty outages in my time, but the longest one I can recall that affected multiple customers simultaneously was about 4 hours, and was restricted to just one area, perhaps one Internet PoP, or a set of International voice routes, etc. etc. I never had a whole network fuck up that took out all services and the worst, as in largest number of customers affected, would have BGP related, taken 15-30 minutes to fix and perhaps two hours for everything to settle back to normal.

Incredible, truly incredible.

There's been a trend recently for larger and larger service providers to somehow manage to cause whole network crashes which affect millions of direct and indirect customers. That's worrying in itself, but no one seems to have managed to fuck up as comprehensively as Rogers appear to have.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125762 on: July 08, 2022, 11:35:59 pm »
The truly worrying thing about the Rogers meltdown is if there is anyone competent at Rogers and they were listened to it would not be possible for all of the infrastructure of a telco, encompassing Internet, voice, private data and so on to collapse together.

The only way this can happen is by creating a single point of failure for a collection of systems that, if built organically, or haphazardly, or even randomly, would not naturally have a single point of failure. You have to really go out of your way, and be monumentally stupid, to create a scenario where this is possible.

Worldwide, these sort of failings can be traced to one failure point......bean counters !
Actually it's more serious in that the western systems rewarding CEO's for their profitability or not driven, by rewarding shareholders being their biggest focus rather than staying in their lane and sticking to their knitting where bean counters get into positions of far too much influence and suck the CEO's into this downward spiral.
We'll see more of this in the next while is my prediction.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, cyclin_al, srb1954

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #125763 on: July 08, 2022, 11:50:48 pm »
The LeSiglent T3DSO2102 is my big Father's Day present from wife and dad
IIRC it's a SDS2102X with inbuilt 25 MHz AWG and 140 Mpts mem depth. You should be able to improve it to 300 MHz however it probably comes with 100 MHz switchable probes although it has autosense which IIRC will detect 10x and 100x probes.
I had the 300 MHz 4ch model for a few years and have a pile of FW versions for these although you might need some tv84 CFG magic to convert it back to a Siglent.
Oh and mnem, keep your eyes open for the SPL2016 16ch digital probe set but not just in Siglent colors as these also are used by LeCroy, Tek and Rigol and there's also the DIY thread to make a set:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/diy-logic-analyzer-probe-and-pods-for-siglent-scopes/
However the OEM sets with the nice 10 way silicon ribbon coax is far superior to anything you can cobble up at home however Defpom did a reasonable job converting a set he got off ePay to fit his SDS2104X Plus.

What's your take on TK's adapter for the HP pods? Yay or nay vs oz2cpu's adapter?

mnem
 :-/O
TBH if you can be bothered to cobble something together use the oz2cpu/Defpom method.
Why, because of mwyatt's contribution simulating my measurements to come up with the values of the passives in the networks of the OEM probe.
These things OEM whom as yet I've not found who makes them are damn expensive but don't forget a 20 lot of decent  quality grabbers alone will set you back a C note !

Or if you not in a hurry, keep an eye out for one that looks identical but made for LeCroy, Tek or Rigol and a little sleuthing on each of their websites will get you the Pt. # to look for.......then post them in the DIY thread for the benefit of others.  ;)

I'm 100% they all have the same OEM and the twin thin silicone 8 way ribbon coax (that's a mouthful ! ) is a thing of beauty and near impossible to emulate unless you got mates in the company where it's made to get offcuts !
That's why Defpom went the route he did so to get something nice for his efforts rather than some cobbled together twisted pair mess.

Last year Siglent were specialing SPL2016 + MSO/LA and AWG/FG licensing with a new SDS2000X Plus for just $ 219 that was one hell of a deal compared to shelling out retail for each.

Actually, I was thinking to make a header so I could plug the HP pod and whip leads directly into the oz2cpu scope PCB. As I said, those will probably be more than long enough for anything I'd be doing, unless I change my mind and put the scope up higher on my bench, which is pretty unlikely ATM.

I was asking about MK's project since you linked to it at the beginning of the SDS2000X thread. :-// Not knowing what the difference is between the Siglent frontend and the HP braided cables, I'm leery of just plugging random lengths of either braided cable or micro-coax into the front of the scope without any compensation, or the wrong compensation. I saw the issues oz2cpu was having there in the beginning.

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125764 on: July 09, 2022, 12:15:49 am »
TBH if you can be bothered to cobble something together use the oz2cpu/Defpom method.
Why, because of mwyatt's contribution simulating my measurements to come up with the values of the passives in the networks of the OEM probe.
These things OEM whom as yet I've not found who makes them are damn expensive but don't forget a 20 lot of decent  quality grabbers alone will set you back a C note !

Or if you not in a hurry, keep an eye out for one that looks identical but made for LeCroy, Tek or Rigol and a little sleuthing on each of their websites will get you the Pt. # to look for.......then post them in the DIY thread for the benefit of others.  ;)

I'm 100% they all have the same OEM and the twin thin silicone 8 way ribbon coax (that's a mouthful ! ) is a thing of beauty and near impossible to emulate unless you got mates in the company where it's made to get offcuts !
That's why Defpom went the route he did so to get something nice for his efforts rather than some cobbled together twisted pair mess.

Last year Siglent were specialing SPL2016 + MSO/LA and AWG/FG licensing with a new SDS2000X Plus for just $ 219 that was one hell of a deal compared to shelling out retail for each.

Actually, I was thinking to make a header so I could plug the HP pod and whip leads directly into the oz2cpu scope PCB. As I said, those will probably be more than long enough for anything I'd be doing, unless I change my mind and put the scope up higher on my bench, which is pretty unlikely ATM.

I was asking about MK's project since you linked to it at the beginning of the SDS2000X thread. :-// Not knowing what the difference is between the Siglent frontend and the HP braided cables, I'm leery of just plugging random lengths of either braided cable or micro-coax into the front of the scope without any compensation, or the wrong compensation. I saw the issues oz2cpu was having there in the beginning.

mnem
OK so if you already have the HP pod den go widdat !
Be aware you only need get something 1/2 clean into the LA input terminals as what's shown on the display in Digital mode bares little resemblance to the actual signal. IIRC there's discussion about this in the DIY thread.
IMO coax LA probe set compensation is likely to be pretty much an industry standard however the truth of the matter is suck it and see.
But the fact that we don't see cries that 'it don't work properly' for any of these DIY creations which points to them being fairly forgiving.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125765 on: July 09, 2022, 12:45:28 am »
... being their biggest focus rather than staying in their lane and sticking to their knitting ...

Would Sir like his metaphors diced, or scrambled?  :)  (Only Mickey Spillane is allowed to have his metaphors hard boiled.)

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #125766 on: July 09, 2022, 01:54:36 am »

My whole life in the ISP/telco world was about building in as much fail-safe, redundancy, and generally avoiding "house of cards" scenarios as ingenuity and budgets would stretch to. i.e. the exact opposite to what Rogers must have done.

I've presided over some nasty outages in my time, but the longest one I can recall that affected multiple customers simultaneously was about 4 hours, and was restricted to just one area, perhaps one Internet PoP, or a set of International voice routes, etc. etc. I never had a whole network fuck up that took out all services and the worst, as in largest number of customers affected, would have BGP related, taken 15-30 minutes to fix and perhaps two hours for everything to settle back to normal.

There's been a trend recently for larger and larger service providers to somehow manage to cause whole network crashes which affect millions of direct and indirect customers. That's worrying in itself, but no one seems to have managed to fuck up as comprehensively as Rogers appear to have.

The Canadian telecommunications industry has always been very well protected and lacks competition, meaningful regulation, and a whole raft of other complaints.  Rogers and Bell aren’t just telecommunications companies, they’re also giant media conglomerates here.  Basically, they’re representatives of several over-consolidated industries.  Another example, look at the key players behind Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.  See any names you recognize?  The bottom line is, they’re well protected, have no meaningful competition or oversight, and they operate the way they do because they can.

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125767 on: July 09, 2022, 02:18:11 am »

The Canadian telecommunications industry has always been very well protected and lacks competition, meaningful regulation, and a whole raft of other complaints.  Rogers and Bell aren’t just telecommunications companies, they’re also giant media conglomerates here.  Basically, they’re representatives of several over-consolidated industries.  Another example, look at the key players behind Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.  See any names you recognize?  The bottom line is, they’re well protected, have no meaningful competition or oversight, and they operate the way they do because they can.

Competition in Telecommunications is pretty much fake anyway.

The telecomms "backbones" are usually owned by one or two large organisations, with many of the so-called "Telcos" being basically
sellers of phones & similar stuff, & resellers of the services provided by the majors.
It is really the only practical way of doing things with the current obsession with private ownership of public utilities.

The other day, we had a loss of internet services from our provider.
Just out of interest, I had a look on my Telstra connected  cellphone to see if I could carry on looking at this forum.
Nope!

Later, the Internet provider reported that there had been a loss of Optus connectivity, so they had no Internet service to provide.
OK, but wait, Telstra is the rival of Optus, & they both are connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN), so surely it would have been a NBN problem?

The other possibility is that not only my Internet provider, but Telstra's cellphone service obtain Internet material from Optus.

Which all goes back to "fake competition"!

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #125768 on: July 09, 2022, 02:41:42 am »

mnem
Be aware you only need get something 1/2 clean into the LA input terminals as what's shown on the display in Digital mode bares little resemblance to the actual signal. IIRC there's discussion about this in the DIY thread.
IMO coax LA probe set compensation is likely to be pretty much an industry standard however the truth of the matter is suck it and see.
But the fact that we don't see cries that 'it don't work properly' for any of these DIY creations which points to them being fairly forgiving.

I don't have the [hp] pod yet... but they are available pretty reasonably, and sometimes you even get a few genny HP grabbits. It's trying to get a full set with the grabbits and the braided cable and not in train wreck condition that's difficult. Vince has no idea how lucky he got.  ;)

That said... I was thinking that getting the MSO functions working on LeSiglent was probably a better place to put that recovered money than trying to find/fix a 546xxD.

In all honesty, I bought the 54621D in a moment of weakness; when I saw Kosmic's issues with his purchase, I started to think my sale was going to evaporate too, so I got the tekyard turd for myself as I dunno... a consolation prize...? :-DD

Don't get me wrong... if I see another 546xxD at a crazy good price I'll probably get it, but I am not stalking them as I once did.

mnem
*heeds Hypnos' siren call*    :=\
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 02:43:53 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125769 on: July 09, 2022, 03:27:13 am »

mnem

I don't have the [hp] pod yet... but they are available pretty reasonably, and sometimes you even get a few genny HP grabbits. It's trying to get a full set with the grabbits and the braided cable and not in train wreck condition that's difficult. Vince has no idea how lucky he got.  ;)

mnem
*heeds Hypnos' siren call*    :=\
What's pretty reasonably ?
TBH you should do the research to find the Pt#'s for the same or close LeCroy, Tek and Rigol LA PCie probes and try and pick one of them up reasonably. The grabbers are no big deal if you can get the rest of the probe complete.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001445436599.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6d8235f6zMmebI&algo_pvid=54d566f8-b897-48d2-b287-45631fddc89e&algo_exp_id=54d566f8-b897-48d2-b287-45631fddc89e-35&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000016137429774%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21%2110.89%21%21%21%21%21%4021086d9416573250026213809e2b95%2112000016137429774%21sea

Just don't buy this garbage:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981701765.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6d8235f6zMmebI&algo_pvid=54d566f8-b897-48d2-b287-45631fddc89e&algo_exp_id=54d566f8-b897-48d2-b287-45631fddc89e-33&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2266800661735%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21%212.79%21%21%21%21%21%4021086d9416573250026213809e2b95%2166800661735%21sea
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125770 on: July 09, 2022, 03:36:22 am »

Competition in Telecommunications is pretty much fake anyway.

The telecomms "backbones" are usually owned by one or two large organisations, with many of the so-called "Telcos" being basically
sellers of phones & similar stuff, & resellers of the services provided by the majors.
It is really the only practical way of doing things with the current obsession with private ownership of public utilities.

The other day, we had a loss of internet services from our provider.
Just out of interest, I had a look on my Telstra connected  cellphone to see if I could carry on looking at this forum.
Nope!

Later, the Internet provider reported that there had been a loss of Optus connectivity, so they had no Internet service to provide.
OK, but wait, Telstra is the rival of Optus, & they both are connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN), so surely it would have been a NBN problem?

The other possibility is that not only my Internet provider, but Telstra's cellphone service obtain Internet material from Optus.

Which all goes back to "fake competition"!
Not so much.
Instead the tired lazy bastards don't understand the principles of 100% uptime redundancy and won't invest in it and if truth be known gubbermints that are charged with running the climate for the telcos to operate in are too damn stupid or taking too many backhanders to ensure they provide a mission critical service for their populations.

Remember, emergency calls get routed through whatever cell provider you have access to so with one major supplier down the emergency services coms system is significantly compromised but as a result will you see some hard questions get asked by gubbermints, not bloody likely.  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #125771 on: July 09, 2022, 04:18:14 am »
That would've taken the entire dwagon household down when we were up there; ISP and mobiles. Might have been able to make phone calls roaming on BELL but not likely, especially if there were network congestion, which of course there would be.

mnem

It has been a crazy day!  Some of the Bell DC stuff was down too ... how can that be when those companies are competitors?
A lot of bank debit card and Mastercard credit card processing systems were down too.
Teams was down too (good thing Vince is not here today), so the only thing to do at work was to use the cell phone (as long as it was Bell).

Most importantly, I could not contact a buddy, so missed out on a MTB in the evening after work.

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #125772 on: July 09, 2022, 04:41:30 am »
Anyone know where I can get a shrouded male panel-mount banana jack?

Got an electrical tester to fix (It tests earth leakage breakers, and another Japan specific leakage device) and it uses these connectors but the manufacturer doesn't make this model anymore and has no parts....
I was thinking of 3D printing, but this is mains voltages (up to 415V) and it's thin plastic..
The other option is to convert it to female panel jacks and shrouded plugs on the cables, but then it's not original. (I'll have to check for the needed clearance behind the panel too).

See images below, I need to replace all the connectors on the left side.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Offline ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #125773 on: July 09, 2022, 05:16:50 am »

Got an electrical tester to fix (It tests earth leakage breakers, and another Japan specific leakage device) and it uses these connectors but the manufacturer doesn't make this model anymore and has no parts....
I was thinking of 3D printing, but this is mains voltages (up to 415V) and it's thin plastic..
The other option is to convert it to female panel jacks and shrouded plugs on the cables, but then it's not original. (I'll have to check for the needed clearance behind the panel too).

Supposing there is not enough clearance behind the panel, the safest option would be to print a combined holder for panel mount female jacks. The 3d printed part could be thick-walled and isolation would be provided by the plastic of the jacks. I guess they did it like this, because shrouded male connectors (as are standard on decent modern multimeters) were not readily available? You'll have to upgrade the leads to said type as well, but that should make a decent looking, safe and robust solution IMHO.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125774 on: July 09, 2022, 05:20:59 am »

Whaddabout M-F banana leads and leave them in place ?
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Connector-Silicone-Multimeter-Adapter/dp/B07NWZ71GH
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf