Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16500258 times)

Gertjan, pheller and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #123725 on: June 22, 2022, 03:11:26 am »
New acquisition: Heath Zenith SP-2717A regulated HV DC power supply

Bought this off of Craigslist. It's got several codes with "85" inside (PCB, transformers), so I'm guessing that's the build date. Power tubes are Svetlana 6L6GCs (date codes from '98 on them, I believe). The little tube is a GE 6BH6 (Made in USA!) Build construction is really very nice: thick steel case, aluminum sheet chassis, nice carry handles on both sides, Nichicon caps, Carling switch. I guess having tubes inside was a selling point since the market was all tube-people. I hooked it up to my DC electronic load at 400VDC @ 100mA and there was no drama.

It's certainly due for a re-cap and the banana jacks could do a with a good scrubbing, but it would probably be fine without touching either.

https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/093/6/6BH6.pdf - GE 6BH6 spec sheet
https://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roehren-Geschichtliches/Roehren-Netzteile/SP2717A.pdf - Owner's manual with schematic.

EDIT:

Yes, it has an integrated mains cord, but it has the little ears on the back to wrap the cord around when not in use.

EDIT EDIT:

Check out the lacing on the wires.

One thing Heathkit definitely did well was wiring harnesses - they had that down to a science and in my experience all of them were very well made and neatly dressed.  Lay it into the chassis correctly and the right wire would be at the right spot to connect to whatever it went to.

-Pat

Seriously archaic, though----just about everybody else deserted lacing twine for plastic lacing back in the early 1960s, & many ditched that, in turn, for cable ties in the '70s..

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123726 on: June 22, 2022, 03:20:40 am »
SORTING TIME

OK so some more stuff to sort... this time OPTO stuff.... I like opto stuff, it's just cool.

On the left  are infra red LEDs and receivers from consumer electronics.

The group of 9 packages circled in red below, not sure what they are, zero markings on any of them.
I think they are receivers, so phot diode or photo transistor, I guess.

I buzzed them, DMM says they behave like diodes, with a drop of about 0.485V.

On the right, opto-couplers. All the yellow ones are yellow because they have some kinda of crusty conformal coating on them and it's hard to read part numbers... might need to do some fine grit wet sanding or scraping with a sharp blade...
All these I salvaged a few years ago from the same board. Were all soldered on both sides of the PCB, the only way I found to removed them without destroying them, was to heat them from the bottom with my hot air station, then just pull the chips effortlessly with tweezers. cheap hot air station I bought for 50 Euros back then. With that one job alone I was sold on the concept and it paid for itself. I now love hot air stations....

The column of small 4 pin black ones I think I must have mostly salvaged from SMPS in consumer stuff. So they are all different, one here one there...

I doubt all that remote control Rx / Tx can be identified, nor would I care too much about it... it's not like I would be reusing it  :-//
I would just use it for experiments for fun, at best.
However of course all the opto-couplers I will Google and inventory  8)

In the lot you can see a lone IR barrier sensor. This one might be worth identifying, there must be  part number on it, and could be reused in some project, who knows.

Vince, if you have any Siemens optocouplers in the 6pin DIL package, beware!
For some esoteric reason, they use a different pinout to most other optos in that package, although the "guts" seem to be the same.----go figure!

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #123727 on: June 22, 2022, 04:11:19 am »

Bought this off of Craigslist. It's got several codes with "85" inside (PCB, transformers), so I'm guessing that's the build date. Power tubes are Svetlana 6L6GCs (date codes from '98 on them, I believe). The little tube is a GE 6BH6 (Made in USA!) Build construction is really very nice: thick steel case, aluminum sheet chassis, nice carry handles on both sides, Nichicon caps, Carling switch. I guess having tubes inside was a selling point since the market was all tube-people. I hooked it up to my DC electronic load at 400VDC @ 100mA and there was no drama.

It's certainly due for a re-cap and the banana jacks could do a with a good scrubbing, but it would probably be fine without touching either.

https://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roehren-Geschichtliches/Roehren-Netzteile/SP2717A.pdf - Owner's manual with schematic.

EDIT:

Yes, it has an integrated mains cord, but it has the little ears on the back to wrap the cord around when not in use.

EDIT EDIT:

One thing Heathkit definitely did well was wiring harnesses - they had that down to a science and in my experience all of them were very well made and neatly dressed.  Lay it into the chassis correctly and the right wire would be at the right spot to connect to whatever it went to.

-Pat

Seriously archaic, though----just about everybody else deserted lacing twine for plastic lacing back in the early 1960s, & many ditched that, in turn, for cable ties in the '70s..

It may be archaic, but in my opinion is better than cable ties - makes for a much smoother, more compact harness without the added bulk of the cable tie latch blocks sticking out waiting to get hung up on anything and everything.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens, duckduck

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #123728 on: June 22, 2022, 04:11:56 am »
Backfisch it is. burp.
now doing 10 km penance.
as for the topic of being polite to burglars: this is why you need a good well behaved dog. like a Malinois. It would dispose of the burglar in a way that gives you deniability.

Backfisch is not so bad; in and of itself, yes, of course it's deep fried and there's batter and all. But:  It's the pommes frites and the sauce that will do you in. Not unrelatedly am I fully capable of eating only the spuds and goo.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123729 on: June 22, 2022, 04:24:35 am »

EDIT:

EDIT EDIT:

-Pat

You might bitch and cuss, but if you are doing my harness, you are doing the twine. Period.

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #123730 on: June 22, 2022, 04:30:32 am »

NASA still laces.

I made people lace an entire OB vehicle in the late 90s. To save space.

I still lace. At times.

In the US, land of backwards, union telco techs still lace. It is not permitted to have cable ties on overhead raceway, because the metal tabs will fall down and short the Strowger.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #123731 on: June 22, 2022, 05:12:30 am »

In the US, land of backwards, union telco techs still lace. It is not permitted to have cable ties on overhead raceway, because the metal tabs will fall down and short the Strowger.

Not true. All the CAT 5/6 cabling in the IBM Systems Test Area is cable tie.

Early Tek's were lace. Later Tek's combo lace/plastic. IBM S/360 Idiot Light Consoles were lace.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #123732 on: June 22, 2022, 05:29:56 am »
I want to hear the steppers clicking as the voltage varies.  :-+

I made a quick recording of the unit in operation as it currently stands just a few minutes ago.  The relay contacts are going to need more cleaning - last night the LSD was working most of the time; today it's back to being out more than on.  The third digit was much better last night, too.  More Deoxit is in the cards, but in the meantime, behold stepper relays clattering away for your enjoyment...

(snip)

-Pat

Did NLS not provide a cleaning & lubrication kit? these were inside the hp 560A digital recorder/clock, no idea if they are any good after 50+ years, I have the cleaning instructions somewhere.

David

It looks more like a hotel bathroom set with shampoo, conditioner and gel soap  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, duckduck

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #123733 on: June 22, 2022, 05:32:58 am »

IN MY DEFENSE ..  "Shindenghen" looks and sounds very much Chinese and very much not Japanese !  :-//
Clearly. Like the famous Chinese Shinkansen high speed train.
 ;D

Hanyu pinyin has some odd choices in how it uses Roman letters, and phonetic groupings. My personal opinion is that Mao deliberately sabotaged it in an effort to inhibit communication between Chinese and English speakers.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh, Neomys Sapiens, bd139

Offline duckduck

• Frequent Contributor
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
« Reply #123734 on: June 22, 2022, 05:42:56 am »
New acquisition: Anritsu MS610B spectrum analyzer 10kHz-2GHz

Got this in the same Craigslist transaction as the Heath Zenith HV DC power supply. Some middle-age guy was selling TE before moving. It came with the original Operation Manual and the Service Manual.

I had to remove cal stickers to open the case, which is a good sign. I saw a few date codes of '91 and then quickly buttoned it up again. There is a calibration sticker on it from '06.

Made in Japan. Solid as a brick dunny. Looks expensive. I notice that the mains input autoranges across Japanese and US voltages and frequencies.

It seems to work OK up to 20Mhz (which is as high as my signal generator will go).

Why? I've always wanted an SA. More recently, I've started down the slippery slope of radio. I've started with GMRS (license is USD35, no test) which is 462-467Mhz. I would dearly love an SA that goes down to 0Hz (for audio work), but those are far too dear for me to justify at this point.

I'm now in the market for an N connector dust cap, cables, adapters, attenuators, and a signal generator that goes up to 500MHz or so.

EDIT:

Test setup is Rigol DG1022 -> 50 Ohm BNC cable -> BNC to N connector adapter -> SA. I know enough to know that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to RF. I was very careful to figure out a nice low output level (1V RMS) that would not damage the SA.

EDIT EDIT:

Also came with a box of cables and adapters that I'm not able to judge yet, but it looks more Aliexpress than [hp].

EDIT^3:

https://www.opweb.de/english/company/Anritsu/downloads/Anritsu--MS610B--user--ID4283.pdf - User manual 20MB scan
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 06:00:40 am by duckduck »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Vince, Cubdriver, med6753, mnementh, bd139, ch_scr, Kosmic, cyclin_al, BILLPOD, Peter_O

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #123735 on: June 22, 2022, 05:51:57 am »

I'm firm on my options.

Fix it and perform a complete restore.

No fix? It will be junked as a parts unit.

I use it for parts unless there is something special about this one.   I don't have the metal working skills or the tools to attempt to unbend it.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123736 on: June 22, 2022, 07:01:31 am »
Your power cords could certainly be used as melee weapons in a pinch!

-Pat

What do you mean "in a pinch"? Just like the Chinese peasants who were forbidden weapons and devised martial arts that used common tools such as rice flails, there's a secret English martial art that teaches you to do horrible things to a man with a 13A mains cord and a common gardener's dibbler.  :)

Nothing compared to the Terry's Chocolate Orange which has been in the fridge too long conveniently dropped into a sock.

How log is too long?

Bear in mind I have stuff in my cupboard marked best before Dec 1992, and I've just finished off the second to las lump of meat that has been on my working top for a few months 24/12/2021. Oh, and some jam I made in 1987, and am saving for a special occasion.

As long as it smells ok when you open it it’s fair game if you ask me.

I used to eat 10 year out of date MRE packs when camping as a teenager  :-//. Much prefer a fresh cheese and pickle sandwich and some dried fruit though. Better for the bowel than biscuits brown.

Traditional way to tell when a pheasant is ready to plucked and drawn is to hang it by the neck and when the body hits the floor, is is ready.

I am very partial to Italian mountain soft cheesewhen it dribbles between the tines of a fork.

As for gut health, some raw (unpasteurised) kimchi or sauerkraut will help increase your beneficial intestinal flora.

I eat quite a bit of of kimchi and sauerkraut. It's good stuff. The sauerkraut is available from the local Polish shop for 75p for a huge jar as well which is great value.

I also ate a tofu burrito yesterday. Don't recommend that. Tasted great however it clearly inflamed the gut flora which are now making a stinky protest. At least it wasn't a taco bell one...  :o

As for pheasant, I got put off that fairly early on. My art teacher at school found a very dead one maggot infested on the way to school on his bike, threw it in a sainsburys bag and hung it up in the class room for us to draw and paint under "still life". I can still smell it 30 years later  :(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:03:05 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123737 on: June 22, 2022, 07:05:31 am »

-Pat

What do you mean "in a pinch"? Just like the Chinese peasants who were forbidden weapons and devised martial arts that used common tools such as rice flails, there's a secret English martial art that teaches you to do horrible things to a man with a 13A mains cord and a common gardener's dibbler.  :)

Nothing compared to the Terry's Chocolate Orange which has been in the fridge too long conveniently dropped into a sock.

Ah, the old "Frozen leg of lamb as a murder weapon" ploy, followed naturally by "eating the evidence".

I have had, in my bachelor rugby playing days, socks that could do the deed without the chocolate orange. In that case one would have to wash the evidence, post mayhem.

I can confirm that you can indeed disappear a chocolate orange before the police get there. I've watched my ex wife nosh a whole one in ten minutes washed down by some full fat coke and a couple of metformin.

(I can hear the groans from med already)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, duckduck

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123738 on: June 22, 2022, 07:25:11 am »

EDIT:

EDIT EDIT:

-Pat

Not in aerospace.
We use miles of the stuff. Typically flat made from braided Nomex filament with an elastomer coating that helps hold it and the knots together. I have a roll on my bench. It's much lighter than cable ties, does not add as much to the fuel load in a fire (every little helps with an in filght fire) and does not fall apart with age or fire as quickly as cable ties. On aircraft you also have to use special ties with better cold and fluid (fuel, hydraulic) resistance. To get similar perfomance in a cable tie they are made from PEEK and cost > £2.50 each. That's the same as 5 to 10 metres of nomex tape.

https://www.silmid.com/tapes/specialty-tapes/breyden-718z-503-8-nomex-lacing-cord-natural-500-yard-roll-bms1354-mil-t-43435/

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Neomys Sapiens, ch_scr, cyclin_al

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123739 on: June 22, 2022, 07:44:58 am »
New acquisition: Anritsu MS610B spectrum analyzer 10kHz-2GHz

Got this in the same Craigslist transaction as the Heath Zenith HV DC power supply. Some middle-age guy was selling TE before moving. It came with the original Operation Manual and the Service Manual.

I had to remove cal stickers to open the case, which is a good sign. I saw a few date codes of '91 and then quickly buttoned it up again. There is a calibration sticker on it from '06.

Made in Japan. Solid as a brick dunny. Looks expensive. I notice that the mains input autoranges across Japanese and US voltages and frequencies.

It seems to work OK up to 20Mhz (which is as high as my signal generator will go).

Why? I've always wanted an SA. More recently, I've started down the slippery slope of radio. I've started with GMRS (license is USD35, no test) which is 462-467Mhz. I would dearly love an SA that goes down to 0Hz (for audio work), but those are far too dear for me to justify at this point.

I'm now in the market for an N connector dust cap, cables, adapters, attenuators, and a signal generator that goes up to 500MHz or so.

EDIT:

Test setup is Rigol DG1022 -> 50 Ohm BNC cable -> BNC to N connector adapter -> SA. I know enough to know that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to RF. I was very careful to figure out a nice low output level (1V RMS) that would not damage the SA.

EDIT EDIT:

Also came with a box of cables and adapters that I'm not able to judge yet, but it looks more Aliexpress than [hp].

EDIT^3:

https://www.opweb.de/english/company/Anritsu/downloads/Anritsu--MS610B--user--ID4283.pdf - User manual 20MB scan

Nice,
BUT 1V RMS is a LOT of input for a SA. It's +13 dBm or 20mW the MAX input for a 610B is 20 dBM (100mW see attached.) This is a bit close for comfort.  :scared: If you manually switched the attenuation down you could blow the mixer. Add a 10dB attenuator to your shopping list and keep it on  the SA until you have more experience. Fortunatly the 610B has good DC voltage resistance at 50V. Some SA mixers die with tiny amounts of DC.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, cyclin_al, duckduck

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #123740 on: June 22, 2022, 07:58:40 am »

-Pat

Ah, the old "Frozen leg of lamb as a murder weapon" ploy, followed naturally by "eating the evidence".

I have had, in my bachelor rugby playing days, socks that could do the deed without the chocolate orange. In that case one would have to wash the evidence, post mayhem.

I can confirm that you can indeed disappear a chocolate orange before the police get there. I've watched my ex wife nosh a whole one in ten minutes washed down by some full fat coke and a couple of metformin.

NAWTS

Ever heard from Zotter chocolate (Austria)?
They are doing some very nice and fancy chocolates. One can checkout them directly at a tour through their manufactury: https://www.zotter.at/en/zotter-experience-world

And here are some examples:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:17:26 am by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #123741 on: June 22, 2022, 08:04:37 am »

-Pat

I've done some stupid shit with food/carbs but not THAT stupid.  :palm:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123742 on: June 22, 2022, 08:38:19 am »

-Pat

How long is too long?

Bear in mind I have food in my cupboard marked best before Dec 1992, and I've just finished off the second to last lump of meat that has been sitting on my working top for a few months and marked BBE 24/12/2021.

Oh, and some jam I made in 1987, and am saving for a special occasion.
SWMBO throws everything away if its a day passed its BBD :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #123743 on: June 22, 2022, 08:46:21 am »
My Keysight LCR meter has gone awol. Apparently lost in move, along with some other stuff. Will intensify search and issue a BOLO.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #123744 on: June 22, 2022, 08:56:54 am »
My Keysight LCR meter has gone awol. Apparently lost in move, along with some other stuff. Will intensify search and issue a BOLO.

Issue a Bolo? This one?
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: bd139, mindcrime

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #123745 on: June 22, 2022, 09:01:58 am »
BOLO = Be on Look Out. LEO-Slang.

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123746 on: June 22, 2022, 09:50:25 am »
SORTING TIME

OK so some more stuff to sort... this time OPTO stuff.... I like opto stuff, it's just cool.

On the left  are infra red LEDs and receivers from consumer electronics.

The group of 9 packages circled in red below, not sure what they are, zero markings on any of them.
I think they are receivers, so phot diode or photo transistor, I guess.

I buzzed them, DMM says they behave like diodes, with a drop of about 0.485V.

On the right, opto-couplers. All the yellow ones are yellow because they have some kinda of crusty conformal coating on them and it's hard to read part numbers... might need to do some fine grit wet sanding or scraping with a sharp blade...
All these I salvaged a few years ago from the same board. Were all soldered on both sides of the PCB, the only way I found to removed them without destroying them, was to heat them from the bottom with my hot air station, then just pull the chips effortlessly with tweezers. cheap hot air station I bought for 50 Euros back then. With that one job alone I was sold on the concept and it paid for itself. I now love hot air stations....

The column of small 4 pin black ones I think I must have mostly salvaged from SMPS in consumer stuff. So they are all different, one here one there...

I doubt all that remote control Rx / Tx can be identified, nor would I care too much about it... it's not like I would be reusing it  :-//
I would just use it for experiments for fun, at best.
However of course all the opto-couplers I will Google and inventory  8)

In the lot you can see a lone IR barrier sensor. This one might be worth identifying, there must be  part number on it, and could be reused in some project, who knows.

Vince, if you have any Siemens optocouplers in the 6pin DIL package, beware!
For some esoteric reason, they use a different pinout to most other optos in that package, although the "guts" seem to be the same.----go figure!

Thanks for the warning  >:D

Luckily it looks like don't have any DIP 6, only 4 or 8. Plus I never assume anything for pinouts, I just look at the datasheet. I guess one of the rare advantages of being a newbee !  :-DD

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #123747 on: June 22, 2022, 09:53:57 am »

-Pat

How log is too long?

Bear in mind I have stuff in my cupboard marked best before Dec 1992, and I've just finished off the second to las lump of meat that has been on my working top for a few months 24/12/2021. Oh, and some jam I made in 1987, and am saving for a special occasion.

As long as it smells ok when you open it it’s fair game if you ask me.

I used to eat 10 year out of date MRE packs when camping as a teenager  :-//. Much prefer a fresh cheese and pickle sandwich and some dried fruit though. Better for the bowel than biscuits brown.

Traditional way to tell when a pheasant is ready to plucked and drawn is to hang it by the neck and when the body hits the floor, is is ready.

I am very partial to Italian mountain soft cheesewhen it dribbles between the tines of a fork.

As for gut health, some raw (unpasteurised) kimchi or sauerkraut will help increase your beneficial intestinal flora.

I eat quite a bit of of kimchi and sauerkraut. It's good stuff. The sauerkraut is available from the local Polish shop for 75p for a huge jar as well which is great value.

I also ate a tofu burrito yesterday. Don't recommend that. Tasted great however it clearly inflamed the gut flora which are now making a stinky protest. At least it wasn't a taco bell one...  :o

As for pheasant, I got put off that fairly early on. My art teacher at school found a very dead one maggot infested on the way to school on his bike, threw it in a sainsburys bag and hung it up in the class room for us to draw and paint under "still life". I can still smell it 30 years later  :(

I too have the Polish sauerkraut in my stock cupboard. Since it is in a jar with a long life, I presume it is pasteurised. Hence it would be OK for feeding existing gut flora, but not for repopulating after antibiotics. Fortunately I still have my appendix, and it is easy to get live kimchi from supermarkets nowadays.

As for school, my equivalent was biology lessons when the teacher had acquired a large bag of dead mice from a local lab. Everybody did dissection, being warned not to puncture the bladder. Most succeeded.

As for tofu, just say no, or feed it to cattle before it has become tofu.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123748 on: June 22, 2022, 10:05:02 am »

-Pat

I second what Robert said ! Lacing (thin flat one) is still used to put every single harness together in Aircraft to this very day. Well at least the A350 and A400M I worked on, which are the very latest in A/C design from Airbus. So clearly not obsoleted.... they like it.
The harness is then mounted using metal&rubber 'P' clamps, same style that's used in cars to hold flexible hydraulic lines like you have for power steering or air conditioning typically.
That holds the harnesses in place and supports all the weight.
Then for "fine tuning", they use plastic zip ties here and there, same style you can buy from your favorite H/W store, though maybe they are aero special in some way, hence more expensive... I don't know (I am not an A/C sparky so don't know the standards they use...)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:07:38 am by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123749 on: June 22, 2022, 10:45:32 am »
Is it proper TEA if you make it yourself? I'm planning some experiments monitoring temperature changes inside a box of tricks, so I devoted a 34901A module as a dedicated thermocouple measurement module, and made a breakout box. Inside the braided sleeving are 12 T-type extension leads for minimum error. I got the connector panel cheap as it is in ANSI colours rather then IEC. Case is a basic Hammond. The cable clamp/strain relief has to be that big because of the size of a bundle of 12 cables. Cheap enough from RS. I have 9 left, if anyone wants one
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:47:43 am by nfmax »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf