Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16916543 times)

Carl_Smith and 82 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #105800 on: October 29, 2021, 10:06:21 am »
What's more.... we use the term "fuel" to describe diesel fuel only, and only the kind you use for heating ion the house, not the one you put in your car, even though they are the same technically, whereas of course in English " fuel " can be either petrol or diesel fuel, or anything else that can burn really...

Except in Belgium, where they put diesel in their cars and heat their house with mazout. Which doesn't keep them from putting the heating stuff into their cars. They call it rouler au diesel rouge;)
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105801 on: October 29, 2021, 10:13:51 am »
The only real problem with the 500 and 500A series are those leaky electrolytic caps...

To be honest I was surprised that Saskia would be interested in this scope, since any oif her Festool tools  would get her a much better TDS scope, like a TDS 784D or something, which I am still dreaming of acquiring one day. One day...

The 500 series is rather new

Well it's neither old or new I guess... it was contemporary to the 700 series is all we can say I guess...

Quote from: capt bullshot
so I'm not totally sure if they ever had this particular issue,], so I'm not totally sure if they ever had this particular issue

I have one and looked into it in detail at the time...
Only the first two generations of the 500 were affected, ie the vanilla 500 and then the 500 ' A'.
The 500B and later, Tek fixed the problem, removed 99% of these caps.

otherwise it's a well-known problem and fixable as long as it isn't too late.]otherwise it's a well-known problem and fixable as long as it isn't too late.

That's the problem, in 2021 it's too late for all of them... They are too far gone to either be fixed realistically... or be fixed at all.
Unless you get one that was already fixed 10 or 15 years ago when the problem was mild and still humanly fixable, of course.

And this particular one most probably is easily hackable to full 1GHz B/W and 2GSps -

Eh ?!  :o

Never heard of that ?!  :-//

I understand that some models of the 700 Series can hacked up to another closely related 700 model, but turning a bottom of the barrel 500 into a top of the line more recent 700 series, never heard of... just two different machines.

what cannot be done is adding the 2 missing channels, and it already has the colour screen, so it isn't far away from a 784.

Neither will you get the "Instavu" feature of the a 784D, nor the memory, nor anything really.
The good thing about the 700 series is that IIRC only the vanilla (if even ? Not sure anymore) is affected by the leaking cap problem. Starting with the 700A series, problem gone, no more leaky caps.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:25:18 am by Vince »

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105802 on: October 29, 2021, 10:21:53 am »
What's more.... we use the term "fuel" to describe diesel fuel only, and only the kind you use for heating ion the house, not the one you put in your car, even though they are the same technically, whereas of course in English " fuel " can be either petrol or diesel fuel, or anything else that can burn really...

Except in Belgium, where they put diesel in their cars and heat their house with mazout.

Yes we also call diesel (for cars) " Mazout" here... but it's going out of fashion I find, I don't hear it much any more I find...

Quote from: Neper
Which doesn't keep them from putting the heating stuff into their cars.  They call it rouler au diesel rouge;)

Yes we do that too here because the fioul sold for heating purposes is much cheaper than the one sold for cars.... that's why they put a red die/tracer in the stuff. Police would stop you and take a sample of your fuel in your tank, and if found guilty of driving using you would face a big fine.

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #105803 on: October 29, 2021, 10:35:10 am »
Oops I did it again baby.... (Photo from the auction listing).

Got a slight discount as the seller said it didn't power on when he checked it just before packing it. I don't care so much, I just want the TV trigger option 05 for my TDS784C, plus if it's faulty, well that just means more fun for me.  :-/O
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: Vince, ch_scr, Kosmic, cyclin_al, duckduck, tonyalbus

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #105804 on: October 29, 2021, 10:37:41 am »

And this particular one most probably is easily hackable to full 1GHz B/W and 2GSps -

Eh ?!  :o

Never heard of that ?!  :-//

I understand that some models of the 700 Series can hacked up to another closely related 700 model, but turning a bottom of the barrel 500 into a top of the line more recent 700 series, never heard of... just two different machines.

what cannot be done is adding the 2 missing channels, and it already has the colour screen, so it isn't far away from a 784.

Neither will you get the "Instavu" feature of the a 784D, nor the memory, nor anything really.
The good thing about the 700 series is that IIRC only the vanilla (if even ? Not sure anymore) is affected by the leaking cap problem. Starting with the 700A series, problem gone, no more leaky caps.

I'm not into all details, to my knowledge the 500 series is a lower cost option to the 700 series ones that was introduced somewhat later. Otherwise, you'll find pretty much the same hardware inside - and a 5xxA model is nearer to a 7xxD model than to a 7xxA model, due to the later introduction. One can turn 4ch a B/W TDS5xx into a full featured TDS784 with external colour screen, so a 2ch model 5xx model would be convertable to the highest end 2ch 7xx model.
So all the known hacks will work with them - max out the BW by removing the capacitors, change model # by moving the zero ohm resistors, unlock options. Most probably the 2M (largest memory) option won't work since there's not enough memory, but 1M (medium memory) and others (like Math and FFT) work.
IMHO InstaVu (or DPO as it was called later) isn't that useful, otherwise I don't know from which model revisions on this was available, but for sure different for 5xx and 7xx.

If you basically want a real GHz scope, IMO this still is an option. If you want a versatile and modern scope with large memory etc., but e.g. 200MHz is enough, you'd better go for a modern Siglent or similar.
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105805 on: October 29, 2021, 11:11:43 am »
One can turn 4ch a B/W TDS5xx into a full featured TDS784 with external colour screen, so a 2ch model 5xx model would be convertable to the highest end 2ch 7xx model.

Didn't even know there was such a thing as a mere 2 channel 700 scopes ?! :-//
Maybe...

So all the known hacks will work with them - max out the BW by removing the capacitors, change model # by moving the zero ohm resistors, unlock options. Most probably the 2M (largest memory) option won't work since there's not enough memory, but 1M (medium memory) and others (like Math and FFT) work.
IMHO InstaVu (or DPO as it was called later) isn't that useful, otherwise I don't know from which model revisions on this was available, but for sure different for 5xx and 7xx.
If you basically want a real GHz scope, IMO this still is an option. If you want a versatile and modern scope with large memory etc., but e.g. 200MHz is enough, you'd better go for a modern Siglent or similar.

My 544A has been fixed cap wise, it's rock solid now.. the last thing I want is to mess with it.
I don't see how Tek would have put expensive 2GSps H/W in a 500 scope and limit it to 1GSps...
As for B/W, increasing it why not but then what... scope would not be calibrated at all, like, at all, for that. F/W would not allow for faster sweep speeds either, so not much point.
That would require I guess putting a 700 F/W into it, I don't see how that can go smoothly, or at all,  and even then.. I would then have no sig gen to calibrate it with anyways.
And again ,no Instavu no matter what. No big memory either, no hard disk, no X Y Z...

I just don't see the point in messing with my poor 544A.  I will just get a 784D when I can afford it and that's it... then sell the 544A and call it a day.

I don't want a high-speed scope, I have a TDS694C for that, 4x3GHz 10GSps on each channel. But it's not a general purpose scope, 50ohms 5Vrms only and low memory. As for bottom of the barrel (or not) cheap chinese scopes, not my cup of tea, they just don't cut it for me, to each their own I guess. For general purpose work I have my 4x200MHz Fluke/Philips "Combiscope" that works just fine. The 694 for high BW stuff.

The goal of the TDS 784D, presently my 544A, is to fill the gap between the Combiscope and 694C. As better performing and featured as the Combiscope as possible, while still being a general purpose scope (1M inputs, wide input voltage range, memory, features...). In that department the 784D fully optioned up seems like the best there was at the time from Tek, and it's available. The 794D of course would be even better but I find it's much rarer than the 784D, so I am willing to compromise a bit !  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:15:04 am by Vince »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105806 on: October 29, 2021, 11:40:41 am »
This is kind of TEA-ish if you want to get the right screw (or nut) to fix that TEA you are working on out of your screw stash. If you have a mixed-up box-o-screws you saved over the years it's a hassle to find what you want. Well a mixed-up box is what I have and I'm going to sort them all out with the help of this come hell or high water, so I don't have to fuss with finding what I need any more. I have had a cheap plastic screw gauge but this is much nicer.

Zinc Plated for Inch Size -

Includes 14 Inch Size part numbers: 6-32, 8-32, 10-24, 10-32, 1/4-20, 1/4-28, 5/16-18, 5/16-24, 3/8-16, 3/8-24, 7/16-14, 7/16-20, 1/2-13, 1/2-20

Black Oxide for Metric Size -

Includes 12 Metric Sizes part numbers: M4x0.7, M5x0.8, M6x1.0, M7x1.0, M8x1.0, M8x1.25, M10x1.0, M10x1.25, M10x1.5, M12x1.25, M12x1.5, M12x1.75

Thread sizes are permanently stamped onto each gauge. The individual gauges rotate freely on the wire cable for fast thread verification.
Good idea, where did you get that from?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #105807 on: October 29, 2021, 12:00:20 pm »
Looks like a neckless a guy from some ancient African tribes, would have made from the teeth he pulled out of the guys he killed from the other tribes next door, who dared venturing into his neck of the bush....

Yea I could wear it around these parts and probably get compliments.  :-DD

Yeah, I recommended these to Vince a while back when he was having shit-fit conniptions over all the American fractional/decimal machine screws on his HP gear. You can get them all over AliEx for $20-25 a set. A bargain, IMO. :-+

mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a tap & die mallet*

^^^ Vince I'd say them is fightin' words!  :box:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105808 on: October 29, 2021, 12:16:05 pm »

Except in Belgium, where they put diesel in their cars and heat their house with mazout.

Yes we also call diesel (for cars) " Mazout" here... but it's going out of fashion I find, I don't hear it much any more I find...

Which doesn't keep them from putting the heating stuff into their cars.  They call it rouler au diesel rouge;)

Yes we do that too here because the fioul sold for heating purposes is much cheaper than the one sold for cars.... that's why they put a red die/tracer in the stuff. Police would stop you and take a sample of your fuel in your tank, and if found guilty of driving using you would face a big fine.

Yeah, the same over here in the UK, farmers get special prices for the diesel for their tractors and other farm equipment, and they have I believe a red dye added to indicate that it is of an agricultural grade and cannot be used for road vehicles and again the police and MOT inspectors can pull over road vehicles and dip their tanks to ensure that the duty has been paid for road use, get caught with the coloured fuel in your tank, big fine coming your way pronto.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: Vince, cyclin_al

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105809 on: October 29, 2021, 12:26:07 pm »

This is kind of TEA-ish if you want to get the right screw (or nut) to fix that TEA you are working on out of your screw stash. If you have a mixed-up box-o-screws you saved over the years it's a hassle to find what you want. Well a mixed-up box is what I have and I'm going to sort them all out with the help of this come hell or high water, so I don't have to fuss with finding what I need any more. I have had a cheap plastic screw gauge but this is much nicer.

Includes 14 Inch Size part numbers: 6-32, 8-32, 10-24, 10-32, 1/4-20, 1/4-28, 5/16-18, 5/16-24, 3/8-16, 3/8-24, 7/16-14, 7/16-20, 1/2-13, 1/2-20

Includes 12 Metric Sizes part numbers: M4x0.7, M5x0.8, M6x1.0, M7x1.0, M8x1.0, M8x1.25, M10x1.0, M10x1.25, M10x1.5, M12x1.25, M12x1.5, M12x1.75

Thread sizes are permanently stamped onto each gauge. The individual gauges rotate freely on the wire cable for fast thread verification.

Yeah, I recommended these to Vince a while back when he was having shit-fit conniptions over all the American fractional/decimal machine screws on his HP gear. You can get them all over AliEx for $20-25 a set. A bargain, IMO. :-+

mnem

I'm guessing you meant Tek, as Vince was trying to find replacements for all the rusty nuts, screws & washers on his 575.
Maybe got confused, as I was working on that crusty hp 207A and replaced a lot of them.

David

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #105810 on: October 29, 2021, 12:30:25 pm »
One can turn 4ch a B/W TDS5xx into a full featured TDS784 with external colour screen, so a 2ch model 5xx model would be convertable to the highest end 2ch 7xx model.

Didn't even know there was such a thing as a mere 2 channel 700 scopes ?! :-//
Maybe...

My 544A has been fixed cap wise, it's rock solid now.. the last thing I want is to mess with it.
I don't see how Tek would have put expensive 2GSps H/W in a 500 scope and limit it to 1GSps...
As for B/W, increasing it why not but then what... scope would not be calibrated at all, like, at all, for that. F/W would not allow for faster sweep speeds either, so not much point.
That would require I guess putting a 700 F/W into it, I don't see how that can go smoothly, or at all,  and even then.. I would then have no sig gen to calibrate it with anyways.
And again ,no Instavu no matter what. No big memory either, no hard disk, no X Y Z...

I just don't see the point in messing with my poor 544A.  I will just get a 784D when I can afford it and that's it... then sell the 544A and call it a day.

I don't want a high-speed scope, I have a TDS694C for that, 4x3GHz 10GSps on each channel. But it's not a general purpose scope, 50ohms 5Vrms only and low memory.

There's the TDS782 (2ch model with 2GSps). All hardware has the same digitizer and memory chips, so basically every model is convertable to the highest BW and sample rate. Each (real, not the auxiliary) channel provides a 1GSps ADC and memory. 2GSps and 4GSps are achieved by interleaving the ADCs, so the 2ch models can do a max of 2GSps, 4ch 4GSps. 1M option can be enabled on every model, 2M actually requires more / other RAM chips, some models have that, others not. "Hacking" is as simple as changing some zero ohm resistors and maybe flashing a more recent firmware (if the firmware is old enough to not know the model). Re-calibration isn't really necessary, but possible (been there, done that, it's quite a time consuming process with little improvement achieved).

So IMO a TDS784 doesn't offer much more over your TDS544, it's the same set of features and vastly the same hardware. Of course, I won't hinder you buying a 784D and won't talk you into getting a Siglent or whatever. It's just my experience, I don't expect a 784 significantly more useful than a 544.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:34:33 pm by capt bullshot »
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105811 on: October 29, 2021, 12:31:31 pm »
A quick update, my throat feels so much better today, still not right, but so much better. I mixed up a load of honey and lemon juice as a drink last night and was sipping that every time I woke in the night. Had a lie in this morning, getting up about 10:30 now it is more like a head cold, throat still a little sore, nose feels stuffed up and temperature is normal (has been all the time).

So this morning, I had some natural Greek yogurt mixed with honey, poured over some grapes for breakfast, delicious, in place of my normal grapes and tropical fruit granola with milk, and I have some soothing menthol lozenges to help soothe throat and keep nose clear.
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Vince, ch_scr, cyclin_al

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105812 on: October 29, 2021, 12:42:30 pm »

What ever happened to the word "Gasoil"? That was the French word for car diesel back when I lived there.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105813 on: October 29, 2021, 01:13:47 pm »
What ever happened to the word "Gasoil"? That was the French word for car diesel back when I lived there.

It still is in France. Either gazoil or gazole. The French-speaking Belgians call it diesel. Dunno about Switzerland and Québec.

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105814 on: October 29, 2021, 01:20:37 pm »
And here is what I collected this afternoon, a little Tek scope, the journey down wasn't much fun, very slow on the M6 in Birmingham and completely stationary for about 15 minutes, while a stranded vehicle was removed (apparently).  |O  I thought I would give it a quick test this evening, amazingly it seems to work, needs the two broken controls fixing and the trigger isn't working as good as I think it should be.   Anyone know why these curves show on the CRT, could it be related to the brightness?? Can't turn it down as the control is broken off.      Teardown will have to wait for another day.

David
I have a newer Type 321A. It does not have those curve marks on the CRT. But I suspect they would go away if you could turn down the brightness. The Trigger works best in "Auto". If it doesn't lock correctly adjust the Stability trimmer. The scope is loaded with germanium 2N2207 which are very prone to developing tin whisker shorts.
Can't say I've ever seen marks like that on a working CRT, need to find some small 1MΩ & 2MΩ HV pots, or try & fix the existing ones for the brightness problem.   The trigger was in "auto", it only seems to want to trigger on certain frequencies, adjusting the oscillator frequency a small amount causes it to lose lock.

The 321 manual on Tek wiki mentions the OC170 used in the vertical & timebase circuits, both areas that are functioning, maybe some have already been replaced. :-//
And I already knew about the tin whiskers in old Mullard/Philips AF11x (& other series) transistors, many of my old radios are infested with the unreliable things.
Here is an old thread on the UKVRR forum about them : https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5058
And some faulty NOS AF114 transistors got sent to NASA: https://nepp.nasa.gov/whisker/anecdote/af114-transistor/index.html

David
I hate to be "that guy", but after seeing that pic so many times, I gotta say it out loud: My gut tells me it's a damaged CRT.  :-[

mnem
I do hope I'm wrong. :o

I've seen damaged CRTs before and the trace is usually messed up too, example below from here; https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106959

Oddly it wasn't seen in the sellers picture, so if it is damaged it must have happened on the journey home.

David

Hold off on drawing any conclusions until after you can get the intensity turned down. I'm still of the opinion it will clear up.

I got my Type 321A off the shelf to compare. No signal input. Set the trigger to normal (no sweep). Turned intensity up to maximum. Under ambient light could barely see what shows very clearly in the dark. It's not exactly the same as you are seeing nor anywhere near as bright. My first thought was the bias on yours set too high but there is no bias adjustment. But I still think you should fix the focus and intensity pots first and then check and see what you have.

Thanks for showing your 321A with excessive brightness, looks quite different to mine, especially as you had to turn the lights out to show it.
I had a very very quick peak inside it last night, all the notorious OC170 transistors are still present, as are the original capacitors.
There are some old repairs to some diodes (with damage to the terminal strip), the end of the battery holder has gone where a mains cord has been soldered on.

David

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105815 on: October 29, 2021, 01:22:06 pm »
Yes " Gasoil " can be used to... as always depends who are talking to, and what mood he is in ! There is no law to force people using a single particular word...

Sometimes I would just call fuel  "syrup" .. " let's go get the car some syrup ", something like that...

To sum it up I would say overall we would say "diesel" to describe the type of engine, and "gasoil"  to describe the liquid you put in it. " Mazout" I would refer to either the car as a whole or the liquid, but either case I find this word to be going out of fashion more and more.

It's not a science, language is a loose thing, there are no rules for vocabulary... there is no "truth".. I am sure if you ask some other random French dude he might tell you something else...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 01:26:08 pm by Vince »

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #105816 on: October 29, 2021, 01:26:26 pm »
I think I spent too much time in the UK and too much time reading and writing English on forums, e-mailing friends, reading datasheet, watching movies etc....  :-//  I am contaminated... I am neither French anymore, nor English just yet... I am a hybrid, a bastard, literally...  :scared:

I am also contaminated, but stuck here in the middle coming from the other side...

Quote from: xrunner

Hey someone on here already posted this one just a few weeks ago I remember, is that all you've got ?!  ;D

I am certain there is more ... I did not hear enough church words ...  :-//
As one might imagine, there has been some considerable discussion aboot this scene over the years.

Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d’enculé de ta mère.” is what has generally been accepted as the literal words he spoke...

However, the translation thereof is more that it is either a string of semi-random swear words chosen for alliterative flow ( like my mother's oh shit litany: "ass-crap-hell-fart-gawddamn-shit-piss-corruption!" ), or could be construed to mean something roughly akin to "OMFG! your mother is a filthy slut working in a brothel because she enjoys being sodomized!" only in much more connotatively filthy/vulgar terms intended to evoke colloquial meanings.

http://www.hearye.org/2003/05/what-the-merovingian-said-in-the-matrix/

https://alt.movies.the-matrix.narkive.com/ZMd19MEA/translation-of-merovingians-curse

There are oodles more; these were just the first two hits that were actual discussion, not reddit-level d-baggery.

mnem
merde... du coup je me sens très, très vieux.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105817 on: October 29, 2021, 01:32:12 pm »
   (SNIP)

mnem
Tek gear no HP, was about restoring my Type 575 curve tracer...
I sit corrected. Sorry, I thought I remembered you having both on your bench at the time.

I'm guessing you meant Tek, as Vince was trying to find replacements for all the rusty nuts, screws & washers on his 575.   Maybe got confused, as I was working on that crusty hp 207A and replaced a lot of them.

David
Ahhh.... that's  where I got it mixed up.  :-//

Ah well... memory, like sanity, is a fugitive thing. ;)

mnem
tempus fuggitt. >:D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:09:35 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105818 on: October 29, 2021, 01:34:03 pm »

This one is probably more use for TEA
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173909819576
Not many M12 or 1/2" fasteners in most TE.  suppose you really need both to cover all options. One covering the middle range of those two would be ideal.
 Fortunatly I can tell most common sizes by eye. It's fairly easy to tell imperial from metric by the (generally) finer thread on metric than similar size imperial.

The following users thanked this post: tautech, mnementh, duckduck

Online mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105819 on: October 29, 2021, 01:35:52 pm »

Looks like a necklace a guy from some ancient African tribes, would have made from the teeth he pulled out of the guys he killed from the other tribes next door, who dared venturing into his neck of the bush....
You say that as if it were a BAD thing...  :-DD

mnem
just a small collection of memories... not really counting coup.  >:D

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105820 on: October 29, 2021, 01:36:30 pm »
I think I spent too much time in the UK and too much time reading and writing English on forums, e-mailing friends, reading datasheet, watching movies etc....  :-//  I am contaminated... I am neither French anymore, nor English just yet... I am a hybrid, a bastard, literally...  :scared:

I am also contaminated, but stuck here in the middle coming from the other side...

Hey someone on here already posted this one just a few weeks ago I remember, is that all you've got ?!  ;D

As one might imagine, there has been some considerable discussion aboot this scene over the years.
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d’enculé de ta mère.” is what has generally been accepted as the literal words he spoke...

"generally accepted"... well there is not much room for any doubt, it's exactly what he said, no more no less...

Quote from: mnementh
However, the translation thereof is more that it is either a string of semi-random swear words chosen for alliterative flow

That's it. It's just for the movie, not real life...

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105821 on: October 29, 2021, 01:39:19 pm »
We should all learn Welsh... 

My local weather forecast.   

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh, duckduck

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105822 on: October 29, 2021, 01:47:24 pm »
We should all learn Welsh... 

Welsh...? Yummmm....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105823 on: October 29, 2021, 01:51:16 pm »

"generally accepted"... well there is not much room for any doubt, it's exactly what he said, no more no less...

Quote from: mnementh
However, the translation thereof is more that it is either a string of semi-random swear words chosen for alliterative flow

That's it. It's just for the movie, not real life...

Oi, leave my Mother out of this   :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #105824 on: October 29, 2021, 02:31:42 pm »
Yeah the Keithley 230 Voltage source is in... it is not bad at all.
lucky Catch :)

Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf