Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17498726 times)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #104125 on: October 06, 2021, 10:36:08 am »
Terse words and offer of some rope is all you'll get back from Med.  :P
Yep, he resorted to that phrase, as you predicted, life is great, It's great to be alive... :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #104126 on: October 06, 2021, 10:47:24 am »
Whoa, everyone is so chipper this morning, razor sharp you all are  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Yea, and?

Seems like a normal morning to me.  :P :-DD
And nothing  :P, just making me laugh out loud at the back and forth over the Avo and its leads and the connection with Australia being a one time penial colony, its just so funny. What else did you think I meant   >:D :palm:

med was in hope, that you'll offer him a cup of tea.  ;D

Here's what you can do with your tea.  ;D ;D

An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #104127 on: October 06, 2021, 11:02:35 am »
Yep, he resorted to that phrase, as you predicted, life is great, It's great to be alive... :-DD
We like predictable, like tipping tea into Boston harbour and next scope he buys will be a Tek.

Oh wait, he's already done the first one.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104128 on: October 06, 2021, 12:41:35 pm »
Heads up Aussie AVO nuts. Short time auction eBay auction: #115030471572

Location is about an hour's drive each way for me .... but I already have one AVO.  Not really looking for another.

Woua the test leads look like new.

When you get to age 60 I guess a few laughter lines with some stray lumps and wrinkles is ok  >:D
You are being more than generous .... or maybe it's time for new glasses.

That Admiralty AVO 48A is quite a bit older than 60 years, they were made during WWII, the serial number on the scale is very faint in the auction pictures, but it looks to be from July 1944.

David

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Andrew_Debbie

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #104129 on: October 06, 2021, 12:50:08 pm »

Location is about an hour's drive each way for me .... but I already have one AVO.  Not really looking for another.

Woua the test leads look like new.

When you get to age 60 I guess a few laughter lines with some stray lumps and wrinkles is ok  >:D
You are being more than generous .... or maybe it's time for new glasses.

60 is a distant memory for me and while I have a few wrinkles and lumps I certainly don't look like that.  :scared:

So last Tuesday then...?  :-DD If I'd known, I'd have baked you a cake!

mnem
Who the hell are you, and why do you keep talking to me...? :o
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104130 on: October 06, 2021, 12:53:00 pm »
60 is a distant memory for me and while I have a few wrinkles and lumps I certainly don't look like that.  :scared:

I'd have expected, that you are looking more like a Tek-Scope or so.

;D

Well they do say that after a while a dog and it's owner do tend to look alike.  :P :-DD
Yet another reason to have cats... >:D

mnem
...or horses. 
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Neper

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104131 on: October 06, 2021, 12:53:08 pm »
Early-ish hp 524xL* counter in Berlin if anyone is interested, auction is collection, but the description says to ask about shipping.  :-//

https://www.ebay.de/itm/313694390439

*Model number obscured by note, looking at my saved pictures it could be 5243L or 5245L, but most likely the latter.

David

Must be 5245L as the 5243L has the reset with the MULT knob combined. Strange text from the seller with some wrong informations regarding logistics, I suspect this is a company for flat clearance. Set it to my list and will ask for shipping, otherwise maybe a colleague in Berlin can collect it.

People just don't believe you these days  |O, I had already checked through my saved pictures before posting, here play spot the difference.

Of course don't get confused with my 5243L as the "MULT" control is part of an option, the difference is inside with a 50MC front end for the 5245L, instead of 20MC for the 5245L.

David
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:08:26 pm by factory »

The following users thanked this post: Vince, Cubdriver, ch_scr, duckduck

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104132 on: October 06, 2021, 12:57:12 pm »

I'd have expected, that you are looking more like a Tek-Scope or so.

;D

Well they do say that after a while a dog and it's owner do tend to look alike.  :P :-DD

It is near to Halloween. You could undisguise yourself and go as a Tek-scope...  :-DD
There. FTFY.  >:D

mnem
Halloween is the one day I get to take the mask off and just be myself...

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104133 on: October 06, 2021, 01:11:01 pm »
Oh dear... it would appear this morning did inadvertently turn into lets dogpile med time.  :o If I'd realized... I would have laid off... err, laid it on even harder.  >:D

mnem
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:13:12 pm by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104134 on: October 06, 2021, 01:12:29 pm »

ONE  :o, You're not trying hard enough, I've got six of them here, 4 model8 MKV and earlier Avo's all in working order and another model 8 MkV that is a parts mule. :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline dl6lr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104135 on: October 06, 2021, 01:16:35 pm »
People just don't believe you these days  |O, I had already checked through my saved pictures before posting, here play spot the difference.

Ah well, then the one I had my hands on had the option. I was not aware of that being an option.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104136 on: October 06, 2021, 01:23:59 pm »
Oh dear... it would appear this morning did inadvertently turn into lets dogpile med time.  :o If I'd realized... I would have laid off... err, laid it on even harder.  >:D

mnem

Yeah, its a good job Med can take it as well as dish it out  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #104137 on: October 06, 2021, 01:44:41 pm »
actually those festool gizmos are available in 3 different particle filter categories ... L for large particles, M for sander dust, etc and H for those hazardous things. Needless to say that prices go up exponentially if you vote for a better filter category.

Normally I use this in case of nasty stuff in the air

this is a poor man solution... congrats for the Festool. Festool never disappointed me!
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104138 on: October 06, 2021, 01:47:24 pm »

Ah well, then the one I had my hands on had the option. I was not aware of that being an option.

Do you have any pictures of that 5243L? as very few are out there.

Spec H18 has an extra switch, for multiplying gate length in the 10 second timebase position by X10 or X100, for gate times of 100 and 1000 seconds, two extra divider boards are also fitted for this. Note the added "MULT" switch does not change the decimal point.

Spec H16 is the similar to the above, but only has X10 and one added divider board.

David

Offline dl6lr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104139 on: October 06, 2021, 01:53:22 pm »

Spec H18 has an extra switch, for multiplying gate length in the 10 second timebase position by X10 or X100, for gate times of 100 and 1000 seconds, two extra divider boards are also fitted for this. Note the added "MULT" switch does not change the decimal point.

Spec H16 is the similar to the above, but only has X10 and one added divider board.

David

Unfortunately no photos, long time ago.
Thanks for clarification. Can't remember that there was an indication of the option on the front panel like on yours.

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104140 on: October 06, 2021, 02:00:14 pm »

David

Here’s a picture of my 5245L:

The 5345M beneath it needs repair.  The PH-163 power cord socket has the ground pin crushed in and the chassis floated to 60V and the whole thing went haywire.  Hopefully the loss of ground didn’t destroy it.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, factory

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104141 on: October 06, 2021, 02:03:08 pm »
Ah, total dyslexic moment on the model number.  I thought it was 4245L, not 5243L.  Two coffees in so far this morning and I'm still struggling to read.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, factory

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #104142 on: October 06, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »
actually those festool gizmos are available in 3 different particle filter categories ... L for large particles, M for sander dust, etc and H for those hazardous things. Needless to say that prices go up exponentially if you vote for a better filter category.

this is a poor man solution... congrats for the Festool. Festool never disappointed me!

thanks,
the problem with those masks is that they do not keep the stuff from spreading and only protect your lungs, but not your surroundings.
What good do they do if you have to renovate a mold-ridden wall and spread the whole stuff in the building ? ...

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #104143 on: October 06, 2021, 02:51:07 pm »
What good do they do if you have to renovate a mold-ridden wall and spread the whole stuff in the building ? ...

Well I solved the problem moving in USA where I have now a long and wide cemented drive way for all my toxic activities.

That said you triggered me and I want to see if I can upgrade my festool suction box with a better filter.... don't remember the name it is a mid I believe.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #104144 on: October 06, 2021, 03:03:40 pm »
oh, I am training to be an enabler, you know ...

:-DD

dunno if they can be upgraded.

Speaking of enabling.
Just picked up my VCK5000 ...

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104145 on: October 06, 2021, 03:10:22 pm »

thanks,
the problem with those masks is that they do not keep the stuff from spreading and only protect your lungs, but not your surroundings. What good do they do if you have to renovate a mold-ridden wall and spread the whole stuff in the building ? ...
Mmmmhmmm... having done a fair bit of make-ready as a youth, some of which involved black mold... and knowing what I now know vs how lucky I got that I didn't wind up with some permanent lung damage...

I think this is a case where your best tool is a credit card and a phone call to a certified mold damage restoration company. You need someone trained to spot and inspect properly, as the damage is always worse than you think at first.

I've seen vids of some of the house restorations in Nawlins after Katrina. Literally stripped down to the stick-frame inside and out, then that pressure-washed, sprayed with sealant and rebuilt.

This is not a DIY thing.

mnem
 :popcorn:

Offline ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104146 on: October 06, 2021, 03:27:18 pm »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104147 on: October 06, 2021, 03:48:42 pm »
   If you're close to Munich, there is this pick-up-only delight:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/tektronix-tm-503-gehaeuse-mit-fg-503-dc-503-dm-501a-defekt-/1893476833-168-5578   NAWTS as usual

Oi... the irony inherent in of a bit of Tek TE that was once used by Rohde & Schwarz in their own labs...  >:D

mnem

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, duckduck

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104148 on: October 06, 2021, 03:56:06 pm »

mnem

The following users thanked this post: cyclin_al

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #104149 on: October 06, 2021, 04:50:03 pm »
   If you're close to Munich, there is this pick-up-only delight:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/tektronix-tm-503-gehaeuse-mit-fg-503-dc-503-dm-501a-defekt-/1893476833-168-5578   NAWTS as usual

Oi... the irony inherent in of a bit of Tek TE that was once used by Rohde & Schwarz in their own labs...  >:D

mnem

Yeah, my ancient (1955) Tek 545 apparently belonged to HP in its past life:

-Pat

Edit to add - this one was before they started putting the silver bearing solder on the little plastic holder:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 04:52:28 pm by Cubdriver »
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Vince, med6753, mnementh, ch_scr, factory, cyclin_al, duckduck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf