Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16511368 times)

nu3e and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #100125 on: September 03, 2021, 11:45:20 am »
Interesting. Stumbled over this website, where one can check, how many people are watching an auction at ebay and how many visits this auction got.

Website (in German):
https://www.marktplatz-tools.de/beobachter.php

This tool showed also an item with the most people having it on their watchlist.
It is this item:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/391948561584

Here is a similar one for those of us in the UK

http://www.watchcount.com/?cc=UK
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #100126 on: September 03, 2021, 11:45:33 am »
So sitting on post number 100000 'currently' and heavy Japanese XXX filter applied ....

I feared that would happen, and that people wandering by might get the wrong impression of what most of us find interesting.

I've deleted one of my posts, lest uncouth colonials bring us into disrepute.

Well this uncouth colonial finds it rather amusing that the Queen's sensibilities take precedent over fair play and skullduggery had to be used to "fix" the outcome. Stripped of her royal garments II undoubtedly looks the same if not worse than Miss 80 year old shake her booty. Let that thought fester in your minds for hours and drive you to consume massive quantities of blood pudding and spotted dick. And still getting no relief drive your Rover over a cliff.  >:D ;D     
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100127 on: September 03, 2021, 11:46:59 am »
Re-watched Back to the Future parts 1 & 2 last night, and noticed the name on the side of the manure truck that Biff crashes into twice. Would have been just a random name back when I watched it in the past, but is nowadays quite amusing...

Finally managed to score one of the cheap GW Instek scopes on CDL this morning. They still have a few unsold that will be relisted, so there's a possibility they'll get cheaper yet. If you tilt at one remember to check the pics first; some have screen damage.

I have them in my watch list as well, what did you get yours for in the end?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #100128 on: September 03, 2021, 12:02:08 pm »
Seems I've ended up on the 100K spot ... so I thought I'd modify that post with something more appropriate that might subdue the spirit of rewriting history from any further editing.

To celebrate this significant milestone - we direct our thanks (and all the blame) to the founder of this thread...

!

(Post modified to reflect something a little more appropriate.)

The original content remains - just less conspicuous....
Brain bleach ... STAT!  << You don't want to know.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:15:11 pm by Brumby »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, BU508A, bd139, beanflying, factory, syau

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #100129 on: September 03, 2021, 12:10:09 pm »
Seems I've ended up on the 100K spot ... so I thought I'd modify that post with something more appropriate that might subdue the spirit of rewriting history from any further editing.
The original content remains - just less conspicuous....

Excellent :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100130 on: September 03, 2021, 12:19:35 pm »
WANT!!!!

Just take my money already!

Oh, wait ...
(Too bad it's $20k....)

-Pat
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100131 on: September 03, 2021, 12:23:53 pm »
WANT!!!!

(Too bad it's $20k....)

-Pat
Too bad it still requires a $ shielding gas.  :--
Not needing such WOULD justify such an investment.

Unfortunately that would require changing the chemistry of the universe. Even from my skinflint perspective that's a lot to ask for your $20k.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100132 on: September 03, 2021, 12:30:06 pm »
Rats. Low ball offer for a toothpick knife was not accepted ...

Won't be bidding more than 2300 quid.

@mnem: one for you.

https://www.messerkoenig.at/produkt/bathleth/

this is actually made from D2 steel, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, ...

Mmmhmmm... it does give me a bit of a nerd-boner; a bat'leth out of combat-ready steel is definitely drool-worthy.

But this one's kindof small, even for a short summitch like myself. Also, I never exactly cared for the patina D2 develops if you don't lavish attention on it; especially compared to the bright-white of the aluminum that the blades in the show bore.  :-//

And that must be a heavy summitch out of 5mm steel, even at 99cm...  :o   I made a show-authentic prop of .160 al plate as a teen, and it was a handful; the momentum was like a bastard,  almost like a Claymore. Nowadays I'm so out of shape and such a klutz I'd probably kneecap myself even with a blunted one like that. :palm:

mnem
*sigh*

I always thought you were older than 47
 :popcorn:

That's just his cynicism, he's relatively young himself.  :)

However, my cynicism can remember when Victoria was just a wee slip of a girl not the 2nd longest reigning British monarch, so who am I to comment?

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100133 on: September 03, 2021, 12:34:19 pm »
WANT!!!!

[/quote]

Take HIS money, but send it to me!  ;D

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100134 on: September 03, 2021, 12:35:25 pm »
This deleting of old posts to change the posting number is all childish. Imho.  :-//  :palm:  ::)

Yes, of course it is :) Everything we do here is completely serious and sensible. Isn't it?

(Personally I dislike "rewriting history", but this is a bit of relatively harmless fun. "Students of Soviet history know how difficult it is to foretell the past")

My cynicism salutes you and also raises a glass to the monarch in the loyal toast. "Gentlemen, the king!" Omnes:"King George IV"!

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100135 on: September 03, 2021, 12:47:16 pm »
WANT!!!!

McBryce.

From one sort-of-irishman to one sort-of-german-irishman: póg mo thóin.  :)

The following users thanked this post: McBryce

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #100136 on: September 03, 2021, 12:55:21 pm »
How much is that worth to you ?  :-DD

Just asking ...

Online BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #100137 on: September 03, 2021, 01:00:09 pm »
WANT!!!!

McBryce.

With a little help from a huge computer farm:

Mar sin, ní dhéanfainn é sin toisc gurb é sin an rud a thugann croí.

>:D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100138 on: September 03, 2021, 01:28:02 pm »
How much is that worth to you ?  :-DD

Just asking ...

That was, you will understand, more in the way of voicing an opinion than that of soliciting a service.  :)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100139 on: September 03, 2021, 01:29:24 pm »
WANT!!!!

McBryce.

I'd have been happy just getting the welder, but if you're going to offer additional incentives I'm in! :D

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: Cerebus, mnementh

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #100140 on: September 03, 2021, 01:40:55 pm »
Here is a similar one for those of us in the UK

http://www.watchcount.com/?cc=UK

I used that a lot when it also showed the offers that a seller had previously accepted for any item. Alas fleabay now prevents that.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #100141 on: September 03, 2021, 02:03:00 pm »
A couple days up with the new mini PC and my this little W10 box is pretty quick.  :)
I7, 16GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 3 monitor ports, 4x rear USB-3  :blah:

Splashed out and got Office for it too so to be all legit for a change.  ;D

Don't have a DP monitor so only using a single HDMI for now so gotta sell some more stuff to get the self pat on the back of another 24" display

24 inch?  Bah, humbug.  On my Lenovo Thinkcentre I have basically the same specs.  I use a Visio 43" LED TV with a DP to HDMI cable.  1080P and videos play smooth.  I find I am slowly moving away from Office.  I have 2007 and only am using Outlook, moved everything else to libre office as my needs are very modest.  Also am thinking of moving to Thunderbird for email but haven't taken the plunge yet.  I am the only one using Outlook.  Mrs. GreyWoolfe has web mail and I have libre office on her computer.  Thus, I can't justify $99 USD for 365.  The Lenovo came preloaded with W10 but the other personal computers have W10 pro since I have a volume license that my company paid (my own MSDN account) for use on a project when it was first released.  Getting that image and key and dealing with M$ tier 2 was an assache of the first order.  As nmem would say, beating myself in the head with a monkey wrench because stopping feels so good.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #100142 on: September 03, 2021, 02:12:25 pm »
Re-watched Back to the Future parts 1 & 2 last night, and noticed the name on the side of the manure truck that Biff crashes into twice. Would have been just a random name back when I watched it in the past, but is nowadays quite amusing...

Finally managed to score one of the cheap GW Instek scopes on CDL this morning. They still have a few unsold that will be relisted, so there's a possibility they'll get cheaper yet. If you tilt at one remember to check the pics first; some have screen damage.

I have them in my watch list as well, what did you get yours for in the end?

Mine was £81 (70+11), and one of the ones with a perfect screen. Let's hope they don't fuck up with which one they send, given how many they had listed.

EDIT: They just relisted some, and a few are opening at £40, but one of those has a damaged screen, and two don't have a picture with them turned on...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:16:15 pm by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline AaronLee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #100143 on: September 03, 2021, 02:19:03 pm »

I had to search for still photos from the movie to see what you were talking about. Dave does do a lot of dumpster diving from what I gather, but definitely not the same as manure.

While glancing through the movie stills, I noticed a shot of a Burger King from the movie that looked awfully familiar, and sure enough, it was the same Burger King I used to go to decades ago when I lived in the area. I'm guessing even the same year the movie was being shot.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #100144 on: September 03, 2021, 02:33:50 pm »

I had to search for still photos from the movie to see what you were talking about. Dave does do a lot of dumpster diving from what I gather, but definitely not the same as manure.

While glancing through the movie stills, I noticed a shot of a Burger King from the movie that looked awfully familiar, and sure enough, it was the same Burger King I used to go to decades ago when I lived in the area. I'm guessing even the same year the movie was being shot.

It's more amusing from the standpoint of irony. "Shipping manure" is slang for "talking rubbish" in English, something that Dave often rips into others for, in his various debunking videos.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100145 on: September 03, 2021, 02:46:19 pm »
WANT!!!!

Oh, wait ...
(Too bad it's $20k....)

-Pat

Not just that, If you order one you have to agree to their laser safety  document, whch you can't see until you place an order  :wtf:
"Shipment of LightWELD™ unit is conditional upon customer’s completion of IPG’s Customer Safety Acknowledgement which will be emailed once customer has submitted order."
It also appears they will only sell to places that don't have laser safety regulations. See my earlier post that it is a teaser for a bait and switch to their proper automatic fully enclosed laser welders.

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100146 on: September 03, 2021, 02:54:59 pm »
Turd alert: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thurlby-Thandar-TTi-PL154-15V-4A-TESTED-/144183943698

:palm:

Just spent an hour stirring shit. If you give anyone an inch in the UK they will use it as an excuse not to do their job in some way. It is always “how can we not do X” rather than “how can we do X”. So I went and did their jobs in significantly less time than they usually do them. Then I ask why we need them if their job was so easy. This raised a few eyebrows and shit a few pants. Hopefully that will cause an increase in productivity for a bit.

Bureaucracy is all we export here. Also software projects do not benefit from management material. They are just sand in the gears.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:57:08 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ, Vince, mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100147 on: September 03, 2021, 03:12:44 pm »
Synchronicity; we were just talking about shipping lorry loads of management material in reference to "Back to the Future".

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100148 on: September 03, 2021, 03:17:01 pm »
Just scored a clean 100MHz TDS2012B in good condition for not much cash. No I'm not keeping it  :-DD

How much would a TPS2024 go for these days?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100149 on: September 03, 2021, 03:18:50 pm »
Synchronicity; we were just talking about shipping lorry loads of management material in reference to "Back to the Future".

Ah yes. The CEO. Chief Excrement Orifice :)

The following users thanked this post: Vince, BU508A, bsfeechannel, mnementh, Specmaster, factory

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf