Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16941115 times)

wkb, factory, SingleBitError, aeug, BrianInTexas, Andrew_Debbie, flash2b, tggzzz, Robert763 and 140 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #99200 on: August 27, 2021, 01:50:12 pm »
They had a show playing on the Motor Trend channel last year I thought was interesting, because of the conversion to batteries and because it had Euro cars I don't see over here. Some Brit guys were doing the conversions. Hope they have it on again.

https://www.vintagevoltage.tv/

OH NO !! Poor old cars ruined with electric BS , that's a tragedy ! Can't they leave them alone retiring peacefully ?!  :scared:

There are enough modern cars crap and ugly and dull that you can practice on if so you want, why destroy poor old cars !  :scared:

They should go to jail. Thankfully they only do a handful of cars so in the grand scheme of things they don't endanger the old car population to any sizeable extent, but still, that's mutilation, I thought law sent you to jail for eternity for mutilating people ! Should be the same for cars !  :-//

But, it that show let you see "exotic" (to you) cars, I guess at least it had some good to it...

Oh I just said it was interesting to watch, that doesn't mean I approve.  ;) I really don't know why the owners want to spend the money on that kind on conversion myself. Nevertheless, it's entertaining to see how they do it.  :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Online Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99201 on: August 27, 2021, 02:12:51 pm »
To bring TEA to the car discussion, I only stopped driving my 21 Turbo (it was a series 1) because a young driver drove their metro into it when I was stationary and wrote it off. I had a Tek 491 spectrum analyser in it at the time that was damaged and had hell of a time getting the insurance to pay for it. Sure I've told that before so long story short, they paid £2k, I got the salvage back and fiked it with bits fom another scrap unit. This was about 2001. Never did find another decent 21T for sale.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #99202 on: August 27, 2021, 02:22:56 pm »
Got some Australian birds today. Very shiny, polished and we'll behaved.
Que?   
Saskia has been liquidating her tangible assets to a collection of shiny metal discs in preparation for her move. I imagine these birds are of this variety. ;)

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99203 on: August 27, 2021, 02:24:11 pm »
Yes, far better to do it the other way around:

Oh nice, thanks for that, how cool, revenge !!!  :D

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99204 on: August 27, 2021, 02:31:40 pm »
To bring TEA to the car discussion, I only stopped driving my 21 Turbo (it was a series 1) because a young driver drove their metro into it when I was stationary and wrote it off.

Oh that sucks, poor little Turbo !  :(

Quote from: Robert763
I had a Tek 491 spectrum analyser in it at the time that was damaged

That sucks just as much, really bad luck that day !!!  :o

Sure I've told that before so long story short,

Hey maybe you have, but I joined TEA only a few months back, sure as hell I didn't hear about it !!

they paid £2k, I got the salvage back and fiked it with bits fom another scrap unit. This was about 2001. Never did find another decent 21T for sale.

Ah, glad it was not so bad that could not repair it, great that you could put it back on the road !  :-+

2001. Never did find another decent 21T for sale.

Indeed. The 21 market in general is useless these days here. Can't find a decent car, can't find parts, all rusty as hell, MOT sends them to the junk yard... so that's why when my last 21 (a 5 door TurboDiesel) let go, I had to come to my senses and take the decision to move on to something newer... but no too new so as to avoid fragile and expensive to maintain power trains and electronic hell. So I settled on the Mk2 Safrane. bought it nearly 3 years ago now... loving every bit of it. I should have bought one long ago had I known !   :-//

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99205 on: August 27, 2021, 02:41:11 pm »
They had a show playing on the Motor Trend channel last year I thought was interesting, because of the conversion to batteries and because it had Euro cars I don't see over here. Some Brit guys were doing the conversions. Hope they have it on again.

OH NO !! Poor old cars ruined with electric BS , that's a tragedy ! Can't they leave them alone retiring peacefully ?!  :scared:

There are enough modern cars crap and ugly and dull that you can practice on if so you want, why destroy poor old cars !  :scared:

They should go to jail. Thankfully they only do a handful of cars so in the grand scheme of things they don't endanger the old car population to any sizeable extent, but still, that's mutilation, I thought law sent you to jail for eternity for mutilating people ! Should be the same for cars !  :-//

But, it that show let you see "exotic" (to you) cars, I guess at least it had some good to it...

This was true back in the days of brushed forklift motors and golf cart electrics... not so anymore. The conversion kits have evolved quite a bit, due to demand; most of the properly done ones make a vehicle which is better than OEM in terms of performance and reliability.

As with all "things in demand", you'll have a certain percentage of fuckwits and/or predators doing shitty contract work; however the vast majority are done as a labor of love, and it shows.

Several of the conversions I've seen turn a car that is known in car builder circles to be a habitual dicksore into a joy to drive. In the end, I believe that is more important than spending a decade pulling together used parts from junkyards on multiple continents to get a year or two of driveability from a carbureted petrol drivetrain, which is exactly what a lot of my favorite cars have been reduced to in this modern age.

When I was younger, I had a similarly unbending attitude, and I had the energy for that shit... but time gets more precious when there's less of it to waste. I want to enjoy my hotrod ride now; and I can do that just as well with the hum of 400-600kW of electric motors as I can with 600 ft/lbs of torque from a big-block V8. ;)

mnem
*vrooom-vrooom*

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:53:16 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Andrew_Debbie

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99206 on: August 27, 2021, 02:43:21 pm »
Robusta floor sweepings).  :P

But Robusta does make the best crema. A local roaster has a blend they call "Scuro Napoli" which is 100% Robusta. Very nice crema, that. Taste is not bad, if the "toast" side of coffee is your thing. And for me, it is so.

My main blend has 10% of a high end Indian Robusta in it but it is roasted separately then aged 3 weeks before it gets added into the main blend components. Bad low grown Robusta is just crap in particular when roasted dark.

If I wanted chunks of charcoal in my coffee I'd at least use a good hardwood charcoal - that's my attitude to high roast robusta.   :)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99207 on: August 27, 2021, 02:46:26 pm »
I even did some special lighting projects in the same uni you went to, one such project I recall was the extensive library which certainly had some unusual requirements.

"Now we want the library lighting to be diffuse and have a low blue light content."
"Trying to preserve papers from actinic effects?"
"Eh? Oh, no, we just don't want to risk waking the students."

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, cyclin_al

Online Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99208 on: August 27, 2021, 02:51:56 pm »
To bring TEA to the car discussion, I only stopped driving my 21 Turbo (it was a series 1) because a young driver drove their metro into it when I was stationary and wrote it off.

Oh that sucks, poor little Turbo !  :(

I had a Tek 491 spectrum analyser in it at the time that was damaged

That sucks just as much, really bad luck that day !!!  :o

Sure I've told that before so long story short,

Hey maybe you have, but I joined TEA only a few months back, sure as hell I didn't hear about it !!

they paid £2k, I got the salvage back and fiked it with bits fom another scrap unit. This was about 2001. Never did find another decent 21T for sale.

Ah, glad it was not so bad that could not repair it, great that you could put it back on the road !  :-+

2001. Never did find another decent 21T for sale.

Indeed. The 21 market in general is useless these days here. Can't find a decent car, can't find parts, all rusty as hell, MOT sends them to the junk yard... so that's why when my last 21 (a 5 door TurboDiesel) let go, I had to come to my senses and take the decision to move on to something newer... but no too new so as to avoid fragile and expensive to maintain power trains and electronic hell. So I settled on the Mk2 Safrane. bought it nearly 3 years ago now... loving every bit of it. I should have bought one long ago had I known !   :-//

I repaired the Tek not the Renault  >:(

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99209 on: August 27, 2021, 02:53:42 pm »

This was true back in the days of brushed forklift motors and golf cart electrics... not so anymore. The conversion kits have evolved quite a bit, due to demand; most of the properly done ones make a vehicle which is better than OEM in terms of performance and reliability.

mnem
*vrooom-vrooom*

My comment was irrespective of the implementation ! If it's electric it's BS to me, period !  :-DD
To each their own, I hate electric cars for so many reasons I won't even care to begin.
I am happy that people who like them can buy them, so long as I am not forced into buying one and still have the possibility to drive my old ICE cars.

As far as maintenance, electric or not it's still a car, so needs maintenance. Only the power train is different but it's not magical either, and we all know how power electronics like to fail. When your fancy Tesla will be 20 years and 300.000kms old, let's see how good it is and much it costs to fix the electronics and motors, compared to an old car. Will be fun to watch.

Anyway don't mean to start a flame war or anything, hate that... just don't like electric cars that's all... but not keeping anyone who likes them to buy them, every body should have the right to have fun with whatever it is that they enjoy.  I would hate to be told I can' t do electronics at home because some moron somewhere decided that using a soldering iron could be dangerous if not used properly or whatever !

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99210 on: August 27, 2021, 02:55:33 pm »
I repaired the Tek not the Renault  >:(

Oh I misread you sorry ! Sucks for the little Renault then !  :scared:   :(

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99211 on: August 27, 2021, 03:49:35 pm »

While I get the idea... and kudos for extracting some measure of revenge on Musk for his

"Sell me parts so I can fix my 2 piece of shit Teslas..."
We won't do that; buy a new Tesla."
"But..."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"But 'Warranty'..."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"Buy a new Tesla."

business model, this project is already a shitshow made purely for sensationalism. The end-result will not be a decent or safe vehicle, and no way in hell it will meet any crash-testing, so they'll have to register it in a state where you can get plates on a "experimental vehicle". I know this from personal experience, as I have done a dozen such mods.

A much saner (to certain definitions of the word) approach would be to do a old-school "unibody on frame" build and make a diesel-powered Tesla monster truck, then use it to crush some of his dead Teslas on a livestream. I'm sure that would be both sufficiently aggro and lowbrow-appealing to get him lots more subscribers.

mnem

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:52:15 pm by mnementh »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99212 on: August 27, 2021, 04:04:40 pm »

mnem
*vrooom-vrooom*

My comment was irrespective of the implementation ! If it's electric it's BS to me, period !  :-DD
To each their own, I hate electric cars for so many reasons I won't even care to begin.
I am happy that people who like them can buy them, so long as I am not forced into buying one and still have the possibility to drive my old ICE cars.

As far as maintenance, electric or not it's still a car, so needs maintenance. Only the power train is different but it's not magical either, and we all know how power electronics like to fail. When your fancy Tesla will be 20 years and 300.000kms old, let's see how good it is and much it costs to fix the electronics and motors, compared to an old car. Will be fun to watch.

Anyway don't mean to start a flame war or anything, hate that... just don't like electric cars that's all... but not keeping anyone who likes them to buy them, every body should have the right to have fun with whatever it is that they enjoy.  I would hate to be told I can' t do electronics at home because some moron somewhere decided that using a soldering iron could be dangerous if not used properly or whatever !

Ummm... yeah. Speaking as someone who has literally done dozens of ground-up automobile builds and who loves this kind of work (except on my daily driver  :P), some of which were in fact electric, I can tell you for a fact you don't know what you're talking aboot. * Modern EV conversions use off-the-shelf parts in most cases developed for the task, or developed to use existing EV parts like the Tesla motor/axle unit and marry them to open-source (or sometimes proprietary) generic control electronics. These control electronics are the key; and the market and technology are right now in a state of exponential growth.

EVs have their place, plus we already know they can perform as well as or better than their ICE-powered cousins. And this is with technology that is literally in the "Model T vs steam engine" stages of development.

The next few decades will, whether we old-school motorheads like it or not, yield more and more powerful & reliable EVs... and along with it, lots more open-source control electronics similar to the dozen or so aftermarket EFI systems commonly in use by ICE hotrodders today.

Point being... you can either learn to love this technology, or be run over by it. Hating it is just a sure way to a shortened lifetime full of ulcers. ;)

mnem
 :horse:
*EDITED to clarify
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:24:55 pm by mnementh »

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99213 on: August 27, 2021, 04:27:15 pm »
Ummm... yeah. Speaking as someone who has literally done dozens of ground-up automobile builds and who loves this kind of work (except on my daily driver  :P), some of which were in fact electric, I can tell you for a fact you don't know what you're talking aboot.

EVs have their place, plus we already know they can perform as well as or better than their ICE-powered cousins. And this is with technology that is literally in the "Model T vs steam engine" stages of development.

The next few decades will, whether we old-school motorheads like it or not, yield more and more powerful & reliable EVs... and along with it, lots more open-source control electronics similar to the dozen or so aftermarket EFI systems commonly in use by ICE hotrodders today.

Point being... you can either learn to love this technology, or be run over by it. Hating it is just a sure way to a shortened lifetime full of ulcers. ;)

mnem

That's OK Dwagon ! I get it, you like them. You can like them as much as you want, it's fine with me ! As I said to each their own !  :-//
Just don't be a dictator and force me to buy one that's all !   :-DD

As for ICE disappearing, not any time soon !
Battery powered EV's are just a joke !  Hydrogen ones OK, only viable option, it's already on the market and works fine. I would drive one if really I were forced into EV's by law in 40 years time, though I would already too old by then to be driving anyway so wouldn't really care...

But your long haul A380 or cross country 40 ton semi-truck or 350 meter giant cargo boat that goes around the globe to shit Amazon packages around.... yes, I am sure their electrification is round the corner !  :scared:

Anyway, don't want to argue with Dwagon, he always wins for he never gets tired of typing long replies !   ;D  I do because I am only human. So for my own sake, I give up right now !  ;D 
Plus I don't want to pollute TEA for much longer than we already have... you gotta save some bandwidth for coffee guns and politics and god know what subject might come next !  :-DD
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:31:50 pm by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: Robert763, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99214 on: August 27, 2021, 04:29:54 pm »

mnem
*vrooom-vrooom*

Ummm... yeah. Speaking as someone who has literally done dozens of ground-up automobile builds and who loves this kind of work (except on my daily driver  :P), some of which were in fact electric, I can tell you for a fact you don't know what you're talking aboot.

mnem

This is exactly the kind of thing that gets you into trouble. Vince tells what he likes and what he doesn't - no statements of fact, or even opinions involved, just an expression of personal preferences and a bit of skepticism about where this is going to end maintenance wise. Then you tell him that he doesn't know what he's talking about - a dangerously strong way to word things, basically saying "You're an idiot". I'm certain that when it comes to his own personal feelings Vince absolutely does know what he's talking about.

Edit: Med, if you hear a knock at your door, it's UPS with the popcorn I sent you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:32:50 pm by Cerebus »

The following users thanked this post: Vince, Robert763, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99215 on: August 27, 2021, 04:37:16 pm »
This is exactly the kind of thing that gets you into trouble. Vince tells what he likes and what he doesn't - no statements of fact, or even opinions involved, just an expression of personal preferences and a bit of skepticism about where this is going to end maintenance wise. Then you tell him that he doesn't know what he's talking about - a dangerously strong way to word things, basically saying "You're an idiot". I'm certain that when it comes to his own personal feelings Vince absolutely does know what he's talking about.

Well I couldn't say it better than that, spot on !

But although I am new to TEA, I have noticed that Dwagon is always like that, so not surprised the slightest bit by his reply, hence why I replied softly.. he didn't catch me by surprise at all !  :-DD

I deal with it.. that's how he is so I just know it's just not worth fueling his Dwagon fire, as he will just never run out of flames, it's an endless supply.
Still, I think deep down he is a good little Dwagon so I try to concentrate on the good parts and leave the rest at my convenience !  :-DD

Basically the way I go with dealing with human beings too. Only 43 year old but some experience none the less. I find it works quite well. Allows to get the best out of people while avoiding useless fights for futile reasons that lead nowhere.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99216 on: August 27, 2021, 05:06:56 pm »
Talking about rather than to the dwagon, I doubt he has really done > 24 ("dozens") of ground up car builds. But it's the sort of hyperbole I've com to expect from him. I built the fastest car in the world and have been on TV converting an EV to ICE and drag racing a "tuned" EV (ICE won). Personally I think mass adoption of EV's has some serious challenges. This applies to both battery and fuel cell vehicles. I'v done a fair bit of research into this having first looked at EV;s in the 80's
I've hedged and gone for a used plug-in hybrid. Free charging at work covers my commute  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99217 on: August 27, 2021, 05:19:30 pm »
Personally I think mass adoption of EV's has some serious challenges. This applies to both battery and fuel cell vehicles.

I think BD's got it right. EVs et al are simplistic, visible, political bandages for the environmental sucking chest wound that we the human race have inflicted on ourselves. What's needed are systematic changes to the way the human race conducts itself. EVs, and the associated challenges, are just a nice distraction to avoid dealing with the real problems. It gives people something to bicker about and distract themselves from the fact that the house is burning down around their ears.

... and have been on TV converting an EV to ICE and drag racing a "tuned" EV (ICE won).

I'm a little surprised by that. I guess this was a 'top speed' challenge rather than a proper race with twists, turns and acceleration. With proper engineering I'd expect a well tuned EV to ace the latter. Rather like my little 1100 kg mid-engined car can trash 170 mph Porsche SUVs on real London roads (and all without me breaking the speed limit).

The following users thanked this post: Vince, BU508A, mnementh, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #99218 on: August 27, 2021, 05:28:10 pm »

Edit: Med, if you hear a knock at your door, it's UPS with the popcorn I sent you.

Didn't hear the knock but I found it on the front porch. Thanks. Exercising my right to do whatever I please I decided, since I haven't slept well for the past few days, to waste a day snoozing and basically doing nothing. And now I'm caught up and I did a quick skim of the posts because I quickly realized it was the same modus operandi seen time and time again. It's too bad that a newcomer to TEA had to be on the business end of "he who knows all" but at least there was realization to have a big shovel handy.   |O 
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Online Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99219 on: August 27, 2021, 05:45:56 pm »
Personally I think mass adoption of EV's has some serious challenges. This applies to both battery and fuel cell vehicles.

I think BD's got it right. EVs et al are simplistic, visible, political bandages for the environmental sucking chest wound that we the human race have inflicted on ourselves. What's needed are systematic changes to the way the human race conducts itself. EVs, and the associated challenges, are just a nice distraction to avoid dealing with the real problems. It gives people something to bicker about and distract themselves from the fact that the house is burning down around their ears.

... and have been on TV converting an EV to ICE and drag racing a "tuned" EV (ICE won).

I'm a little surprised by that. I guess this was a 'top speed' challenge rather than a proper race with twists, turns and acceleration. With proper engineering I'd expect a well tuned EV to ace the latter. Rather like my little 1100 kg mid-engined car can trash 170 mph Porsche SUVs on real London roads (and all without me breaking the speed limit).

It was a drag race. Even with heavy handicapping the ICE won. But it was several years ago and the EV had a brushed motor and lead acid batteries.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99220 on: August 27, 2021, 05:48:27 pm »
I'll add a quick bit into the great ICE v EV debate, I have already stated why I honestly can't see EV taking off no matter how much lobbying is done, when the time comes that the cut-off for new ICE vehicles comes into effect, there will be such a massive political backlash from the public when they finally realise that there will be literally millions of people effectively prevented from having an EV vehicle. This will happen because in order to allow that to happen, they will have to pull down millions of homes and rebuild them to give each household the means of charging their EV vehicles what about the high rise tower blocks etc which currently cannot provide a single parking space per flat, and many households these days have more than 1 vehicle.

Fuel cells make more sense, but the Hydrogen provides more problems with its transportation and also its storage, to say nothing about its production costs / energy used etc. I think that ICE system still has much to give in terms of cleaning up its emissions as well as its efficiency, and we should be seeing more MPG and more HP & torques from smaller engines if only big oil was not so focused on its bottom line all the time.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99221 on: August 27, 2021, 05:54:36 pm »

While I get the idea... and kudos for extracting some measure of revenge on Musk for his

"Sell me parts so I can fix my 2 piece of shit Teslas..."
We won't do that; buy a new Tesla."
"But..."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"But 'Warranty'..."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"Buy a new Tesla."
"Buy a new Tesla."

business model, this project is already a shitshow made purely for sensationalism. The end-result will not be a decent or safe vehicle, and no way in hell it will meet any crash-testing, so they'll have to register it in a state where you can get plates on a "experimental vehicle". I know this from personal experience, as I have done a dozen such mods.

A much saner (to certain definitions of the word) approach would be to do a old-school "unibody on frame" build and make a diesel-powered Tesla monster truck, then use it to crush some of his dead Teslas on a livestream. I'm sure that would be both sufficiently aggro and lowbrow-appealing to get him lots more subscribers.

mnem

Yep, Tesla business model is almost the same as that of a certain other technology giant, they both stink in my view.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #99222 on: August 27, 2021, 05:55:41 pm »
...they will have to pull down millions of homes and rebuild them to give each household the means of charging their EV vehicles...

Why do you think they're already chasing private vehicles from bigger towns and cities in Europe? 

Ralf
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99223 on: August 27, 2021, 05:55:58 pm »
It was a drag race. Even with heavy handicapping the ICE won. But it was several years ago and the EV had a brushed motor and lead acid batteries.

Own up, it was a milk float wasn't it?  :)

Milk float, traditionally electric, for those nationalities that never had them:

Milk float once Robert's finished with it:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 06:00:13 pm by Cerebus »

The following users thanked this post: Vince, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, factory, cyclin_al

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99224 on: August 27, 2021, 05:58:42 pm »

mnem
*vrooom-vrooom*

Ummm... yeah. Speaking as someone who has literally done dozens of ground-up automobile builds and who loves this kind of work (except on my daily driver  :P), some of which were in fact electric, I can tell you for a fact you don't know what you're talking aboot. * Modern EV conversions use off-the-shelf parts in most cases developed for the task, or developed to use existing EV parts like the Tesla motor/axle unit and marry them to open-source (or sometimes proprietary) generic control electronics. These control electronics are the key; and the market and technology are right now in a state of exponential growth.

mnem
*EDITED to clarify

Nope. not this time. That's why I went back and highlighted to clarify that I was specifically talking aboot his "EV is BS" statement. That is a horrifically narrow-minded thing to say, and it is just plain WRONG.

Y'all know I hate the way EV is being produced right now... that is a great big steaming pile, as it really only benefits Big Energy/Big Oil.

But EV as a concept... it is where everything is headed, whether we like it or not. We can either embrace it and find ways to make it fun, or die miserable and bereft like the mythical buggy-whip moguls of old. ;)

mnem
 :popcorn:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 06:24:41 pm by mnementh »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf