Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16972400 times)

BILLPOD and 96 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #94600 on: July 16, 2021, 12:39:05 am »
Some good news for me at last with my medical issues.

Yesterday saw the surgeon for post op check and he said everything was great and I could resume normal activities within reason. I figure I'll give the Type 547 another week at least.  ;D The damn thing is still mocking me on a daily basis.  ::)

One thing that I have not shared is that this entire time I have been wearing a catheter. Yes, since March 24th. There were at least 5 attempts at removal prior to the hernia surgery on July 2nd and I could not go. I did finally get all the doctors to agree that the hernia itself was playing a role since it was pressing on my bladder. Well today I had the cat removed and I'm happy (and relieved) to report that I can now piss up a storm on my own.  :-DD I had to go back this afternoon for a bladder scan and it's EMPTY as it should be. At long last there was light at the end of the tunnel.  :-+ :-+

Piss off, Grumpy Smurf!!!  :-DD

mnem
why is there a little boy following him around with a bucket...?  :o

-Pat

That's funny but seriously....you don't know what it's like to NOT be able to do that for nearly 5 months and then the simple joy of "holy crap, look at that!". It's the little things we take for granted.  :-+

Edit...can I piss on your shoes?  :P :-DD :-DD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:41:00 am by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, ch_scr

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94601 on: July 16, 2021, 12:49:55 am »

Yesterday saw the surgeon for post op check and he said everything was great and I could resume normal activities within reason. I figure I'll give the Type 547 another week at least.  ;D The damn thing is still mocking me on a daily basis.  ::)

One thing that I have not shared is that this entire time I have been wearing a catheter. Yes, since March 24th. There were at least 5 attempts at removal prior to the hernia surgery on July 2nd and I could not go. I did finally get all the doctors to agree that the hernia itself was playing a role since it was pressing on my bladder. Well today I had the cat removed and I'm happy (and relieved) to report that I can now piss up a storm on my own.  :-DD I had to go back this afternoon for a bladder scan and it's EMPTY as it should be. At long last there was light at the end of the tunnel.  :-+ :-+

I figured that out a while back but decided that enough was enough and that I wouldn't continue to take the piss out of you about it. I mean, why should I when I've got a catheter doing my job for me?  :)

You must be relieved not to have it tugging at your mind any more. It must have been a drag, well more of a dribble really I suppose. No more ringing up the urologist and being asked "Can you hold on for a minute?". No more worrying whether someone will find the catheter packets in the trash, read them, and think "That sounds rather small?". No more getting seasick from the sound of sloshing as you walk. No more panic if you feel something squish when you sit down, and then relief when you find it's just a pack of Twinkies.

It's OK, I got my coat in advance...

And no more waking up in the middle of the night and quickly discovering that the catheter bag drain somehow opened and you are laying in piss. At least 3 times I wet the bed.  :palm:

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94602 on: July 16, 2021, 12:58:15 am »
The post today bought a small package from the GWN across the pond.
A gift from a TEA addict  :).

Edit:: Thanks Kosmic  :-+ :-+

The content is a spare binding post to fix my SR1010 resistance trnsfer standard  :) :)
Needs some careful work with a 3/8" spanner and deep socket. There is not much space between resistors. Fortunatly as I work on aircraft I have imperial deep sockets etc. Interestingly the nuts have one conical face. These go against the equipotential plate so there is a high pressure line contactrather than a flat surface the may only have a point contact if it is not flat.
I'm happy.

This reminds me of the tool I bought for work from RS Components to remove & fit nuts on potentiometers.

The listing on the packing slip was for an "Imperial Nut Spinner!"

When I read that, I couldn't help imagining it spoken in a "Darth Vader" voice.

Something like:-
"Use the Imperial Nut Spinner, young Skywalker!"

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #94603 on: July 16, 2021, 01:12:38 am »

I figured that out a while back but decided that enough was enough and that I wouldn't continue to take the piss out of you about it. I mean, why should I when I've got a catheter doing my job for me?  :)

You must be relieved not to have it tugging at your mind any more. It must have been a drag, well more of a dribble really I suppose. No more ringing up the urologist and being asked "Can you hold on for a minute?". No more worrying whether someone will find the catheter packets in the trash, read them, and think "That sounds rather small?". No more getting seasick from the sound of sloshing as you walk. No more panic if you feel something squish when you sit down, and then relief when you find it's just a pack of Twinkies.

And no more waking up in the middle of the night and quickly discovering that the catheter bag drain somehow opened and you are laying in piss. At least 3 times I wet the bed.  :palm:

Insert more Catheter and Pee jokes Mmmm

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #94604 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:39 am »
...Aside from that, great quality steel and very well machined; I've owned dozens of sets over the last 40 years, and every one has provided yeoman service.

It's the plastic bits that creep me out. :scared:

EDIT:

Hehhhh... looks like I'm preaching to the choir. And it also appears that I share another of C's bad habits...
:-DD

mnem
 :popcorn:
I'd say: Brothers in spirit.

;D  ;D  ;D

Oh dear... I do believe I hear the sound of a Vorpal Butterknife being stropped...  :o

mnem
Of course, he would probably use it on the dwagon because you said it... :palm:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:32:46 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #94605 on: July 16, 2021, 04:28:35 am »
just for bd...  ;)

mnem
reality is slightly less horrifying.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: bd139, cyclin_al

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #94606 on: July 16, 2021, 05:17:22 am »
This must be a hint to shift the latest arrival from the kitchen table, that's a loaf defrosting.  :-DD

Good idea, this. The 203 should have enough thermal mass to help defrosting the loaf ;)
Safety devices hinder evolution

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #94607 on: July 16, 2021, 05:25:23 am »
The SHMBO sale continues it seems  :'( . Todays new listing eBay auction: #324716297402

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94608 on: July 16, 2021, 06:34:40 am »
The post today bought a small package from the GWN across the pond.
A gift from a TEA addict  :).

Edit:: Thanks Kosmic  :-+ :-+

The content is a spare binding post to fix my SR1010 resistance trnsfer standard  :) :)
Needs some careful work with a 3/8" spanner and deep socket. There is not much space between resistors. Fortunatly as I work on aircraft I have imperial deep sockets etc. Interestingly the nuts have one conical face. These go against the equipotential plate so there is a high pressure line contactrather than a flat surface the may only have a point contact if it is not flat.
I'm happy.

This reminds me of the tool I bought for work from RS Components to remove & fit nuts on potentiometers.

The listing on the packing slip was for an "Imperial Nut Spinner!"

When I read that, I couldn't help imagining it spoken in a "Darth Vader" voice.

Something like:-
"Use the Imperial Nut Spinner, young Skywalker!"

Most nut spinners won't do it, the walls are too thick. Last thing you want is to scrape a resistor card. I used a nice slimline deep 1/4 drive socket. Talking of nut drivers I have a set of Xcelite hollow shaft imperial ones with fixed handles. 10 different CAB handle colours but the all smell the same....
https://www.jensentools.com/weller-xcelite-hs6-18-inch-nutdriver-set-10-pc-full-hollow-shaft/p/272sc428 

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94609 on: July 16, 2021, 06:35:32 am »
just for bd...  ;)

mnem

That actually burns today. Guess who was up at 3AM fixing shit in Amazon  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, ch_scr, cyclin_al

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94610 on: July 16, 2021, 07:54:32 am »

Good. I want my Prime package and I want it now.  :P :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94611 on: July 16, 2021, 08:00:35 am »

Insert more Catheter and Pee jokes Mmmm

No, that's for guys who are always pissing on themselves. At times I almost wished I had that problem.  ;D

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94612 on: July 16, 2021, 08:32:44 am »

And the Lady Cop believed that did she?  >:D ;)
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94613 on: July 16, 2021, 08:41:43 am »

I was going to say something along those lines, and you beat me to it  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94614 on: July 16, 2021, 09:01:20 am »
just for bd...  ;)

mnem

Well, at least it beats being woken at 3AM and told that you've got to immediately go and fix shit in the Amazon.

Cor, imagine the call-out charge a London plumber would sting you with for that:)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #94615 on: July 16, 2021, 09:09:12 am »
The SHMBO sale continues it seems  :'( . Todays new listing eBay auction: #324716297402

i think i have one of those... still need to fix it.. it is always doing 24Volts..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:11:22 am by tonyalbus »
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94616 on: July 16, 2021, 09:16:24 am »

I was going to say something along those lines, and you beat me to it  :-DD :-DD

Alas I don't work for them. I work under them.

In this case we discovered EKS doesn't clean up docker images properly. It thinks it does but leaves an ocean of crap on the node disks which causes them all to go offline after a few days with DiskPressure taints.

I'm starting to miss the old days where I had a few racked servers running CentOS that ran some crappy web apps. About as interesting as the day got was a disk failure or poking some sysctls and then going back to sleep.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94617 on: July 16, 2021, 09:19:16 am »

And the Lady Cop believed that did she?  >:D ;)

Luckily she was not here when it happen and I never told her. The whole catheter thing kinda creeped her out and the less I said about it the better.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #94618 on: July 16, 2021, 09:23:55 am »
There are two differential probes from LeCroy in the bay. NAWTS.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/402981242770

https://www.ebay.de/itm/133812958360

Both are gone now.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:26:47 am by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94619 on: July 16, 2021, 09:24:43 am »

In this case we discovered EKS doesn't clean up docker images properly. It thinks it does but leaves an ocean of crap on the node disks which causes them all to go offline after a few days with DiskPressure taints.

I'm starting to miss the old days where I had a few racked servers running CentOS that ran some crappy web apps. About as interesting as the day got was a disk failure or poking some sysctls and then going back to sleep.

Did you just say something in English?  :-//

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, AVGresponding

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94620 on: July 16, 2021, 09:27:38 am »

Did you just say something in English?  :-//

Now you see that’s exactly the problem.

Imagine if I could replace all that garbage in my head with something useful  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #94621 on: July 16, 2021, 09:33:32 am »
Imagine if I could replace all that garbage in my head with something useful  :-DD

A LOT less fun for you, I suppose?

:-DD
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #94622 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:20 am »
We are only in it for the money ...

This job is not what I would consider fun

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #94623 on: July 16, 2021, 09:43:14 am »
Retirement = Fun and the .gov and pension pays me every month to stay home.  :-+ ;D

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, wolfy007, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94624 on: July 16, 2021, 09:47:14 am »
We are only in it for the money ...

This job is not what I would consider fun

Exactly that.

Edit: must add that I know three people who retired at the state retirement age here and died within 5 years in poor health. They fell for the carrot on a stick life. I'm not doing that. I'm screwing the IT sector, doing the bucket list NOW, retiring early and starting on a new bucket list then. It might cost me my sanity but I was never sure of that anyway  :-DD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:55:02 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf