Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18053136 times)

Vince, EE4all, factory, Wolfgang, wkb and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #89875 on: May 03, 2021, 11:55:16 am »
Sounds like my ex wife.

Sounds like every ex-wife.

McBryce.

i hear from anoumonous that any combination of headache and wife works, ex or non-ex  :-DD
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89876 on: May 03, 2021, 12:09:48 pm »
Get a Puppy/Cat or buy excessive old Test Gear - working for me and I don't currently own a Dog or a Cat :-DD

I can never remember which out of you and Tautech is keeping all the pet possums and which has all the pet cane toads.  :)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #89877 on: May 03, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »
No Cane Toads this far South - YET and none in NZ. I have 'pet' Possums and would like the option for the NZ/Tautech 'solution'  >:D

Test Gear even skirting RIFA's and associated suspect varied caps are still way less trouble than SO's (regardless of M/F)  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89878 on: May 03, 2021, 12:20:22 pm »
Get a Puppy/Cat or buy excessive old Test Gear - working for me and I don't currently own a Dog or a Cat :-DD
You need a lab cat, go on, you know you do, I love my two to bits, they make great companions and are never unfaithful.....
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89879 on: May 03, 2021, 12:22:43 pm »
Rabbit walks into a bar. "Beer and a whiskey chaser. Got anything to eat?". Barkeep: "We can do you a toasted sandwich." Rabbit: "OK, make that a cheese toastie."

The rabbit drinks his drinks and eats his toastie. "Ah, that's better. Same again, and I'll have another toastie too". Barkeep: "All out of cheese, ham do?" Rabbit: "Yeah, sure, whatever."

The drinks come, the toastie comes. Again, the rabbit drinks his drinks and eats his food. Suddenly with a gut wenching gasp the rabbit puts his hands to his throat and falls backwards off his barstool. The barkeep rushes around the end of bar and kneels next to the rabbit.

"Are you OK?"
"No", the rabbit gasps, "I'm done for."
"What is it, is there anything I can do?"
"Nope, I'm a goner. I should have known better."
"What was it?"
With his last gasp the rabbit says, "Mixin' m' toasties."

This story brought to you by the federation of antipodean dad joke tellers.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, beanflying, srb1954

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89880 on: May 03, 2021, 12:29:56 pm »
Rabbit walks into a bar. "Beer and a whiskey chaser. Got anything to eat?". Barkeep: "We can do you a toasted sandwich." Rabbit: "OK, make that a cheese toastie."

The rabbit drinks his drinks and eats his toastie. "Ah, that's better. Same again, and I'll have another toastie too". Barkeep: "All out of cheese, ham do?" Rabbit: "Yeah, sure, whatever."

The drinks come, the toastie comes. Again, the rabbit drinks his drinks and eats his food. Suddenly with a gut wenching gasp the rabbit puts his hands to his throat and falls backwards off his barstool. The barkeep rushes around the end of bar and kneels next to the rabbit.

"Are you OK?"
"What was it?"

That's the worst joke I've heard since the Tractor Fan joke.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89881 on: May 03, 2021, 12:32:39 pm »
It weren't that bad, come on!
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89882 on: May 03, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »
You need a lab cat, go on, you know you do, I love my two to bits, they make great companions and are never unfaithful.....

The resident Mother owned yapper has ended one Cats life already so not a good idea as I do Dog sit a bit. Stupid furry one does however want to be friends with Possums and just stares up at them when spotted :palm:

edit and Mix'inmytosis jokes yep fortunately I have forgotten most of them and the local Bunny population has forgotten how to as well.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #89883 on: May 03, 2021, 12:43:15 pm »

Please tell, for, errm, science reasons.  ;D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89884 on: May 03, 2021, 12:47:52 pm »

"Science" being the completely unethical psychological experimentation on children by subjecting them to an entire upbringing's worth of dad jokes.  :)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #89885 on: May 03, 2021, 12:52:18 pm »

"Are you OK?"
"What was it?"

Must be an English thing. This Yank doesn't get it.  :-//
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #89886 on: May 03, 2021, 12:55:28 pm »
myxomatosis is quite lethal for wabbits ...

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #89887 on: May 03, 2021, 12:55:41 pm »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89888 on: May 03, 2021, 12:57:41 pm »

"Are you OK?"
"What was it?"

Must be an English thing. This Yank doesn't get it.  :-//

Australia had an introduced PEST in the Rabbit (plenty more too, Foxes et al) which thrived so some time back into the 50's they introduced "myxomatosis" which is a targeted Rabbits virus. Think STD for Bunnies. Over time the Jokes have abounded and like all good Viris's the population has developed an immunity to it. Mixinmytoesis and similar derivations are Dad joke fodder.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89889 on: May 03, 2021, 12:59:14 pm »

Billy is 2 years old and mutters his first word, not mama or papa, but: "Tractor". From that point on he's absolutely obsessed with tractors. Over the years he collects model tractors, tractor posters, tractor lego sets, goes on tractor rides and talks non-stop about his favourite thing - Tractors. His parents decide to get him a real tractor for his 18th birthday and save over many years to buy a real John Deer. On his 18th birthday Billy comes down the stairs with all his models and posters in a box and chucks them in the bin. His parents try to show him his new John Deer, but he's not interested. "I've had it with tractors" he says and heads down to the pub. When he walks into the pub the place is packed and filled with smoke. He can barely see is own hand. He sits at the bar and orders a beer. Then takes a deep breath and inhales the entire smoke in the pub leaving the place completely smoke free. "Wow" says the barman "that's amazing! How did you manage that?". Billy answers, "oh that's easy, I'm an ex-tractor fan".

I'll get my coat...
McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #89890 on: May 03, 2021, 12:59:52 pm »
I see. A play on words for a condition in rabbits that I never heard of.

Shall I laugh now or later?  ;D

Carry on.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #89891 on: May 03, 2021, 01:04:02 pm »
I see. A play on words for a condition in rabbits that I never heard of.

Shall I laugh now or later?  ;D

Carry on.

I do recommend the basement for laughing.  :-DD
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #89892 on: May 03, 2021, 01:13:40 pm »
I have forwarded both jokes to some friends of mine.

Now they are groaning and throwing things after me.  :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Brumby, mnementh

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89893 on: May 03, 2021, 01:32:25 pm »
Circa 1884 solution to the Pommie introduced Bunny Pestilence  :-DD Also a fail along with a similar era Dingo fence to control 'nature' :palm: 

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #89894 on: May 03, 2021, 01:40:07 pm »
I did like Kodi at the start, but once I found out how often I'd have to search for replacement channels, I gave it the old heave ho.

I have just ordered a refurbished Humax FVP 5000T from Humax Direct, comes with a full 12 month warranty and according to customer reviews, is indistinguishable from a new one and if true will be like my Nextbase 512GW dashcam, also refurbished but as new including the same warranty, "winner winner chicken dinner"

The Humax cost me £109, free delivery and was only a few more £ than they are selling for 2nd hand on eBay with no warranty, so I thought its a "no-brainer" and should keep SWMBO happy once the VM boxes get returned.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and recommendations, much appreciated  :-+

I haven't really bothered with PVRs since I replaced a highly modded ReplayTV (2TB stack with commercial skip back in the 720P era) with my first Roku on my first real HDTV. Do the newer crop at least offer storage expansion via USB drive, or does the MPAA and its cronies still drag the STB PVR manufacturers around by their juevos...?

mnem
 :popcorn:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Online factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89895 on: May 03, 2021, 02:06:54 pm »
The small Bulgin mains connectors.

My Solartron DVM has one of those. Horrible connector, truly bad. Unshielded quick-connects would be worse, by a little bit.

They seem OK to me as long as you use the mains rated type and not the one found on older Weller irons,  the modern ones seem to be made less brittle plastic too.
They are used on several Racal counters, a Racal prescaler and some Marconi stuff too. The Solartron DVMs here either have a fixed lead or are newer & use an IEC.

David

Online factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89896 on: May 03, 2021, 02:16:48 pm »
Almost forgot the German made hp 427A has one too.  :blah:

David

The following users thanked this post: bd139, mansaxel, Kosmic, tonyalbus

Offline mindcrime

• Supporter
« Reply #89897 on: May 03, 2021, 02:19:46 pm »

Billy is 2 years old and mutters his first word, not mama or papa, but: "Tractor". From that point on he's absolutely obsessed with tractors. Over the years he collects model tractors, tractor posters, tractor lego sets, goes on tractor rides and talks non-stop about his favourite thing - Tractors. His parents decide to get him a real tractor for his 18th birthday and save over many years to buy a real John Deer. On his 18th birthday Billy comes down the stairs with all his models and posters in a box and chucks them in the bin. His parents try to show him his new John Deer, but he's not interested. "I've had it with tractors" he says and heads down to the pub. When he walks into the pub the place is packed and filled with smoke. He can barely see is own hand. He sits at the bar and orders a beer. Then takes a deep breath and inhales the entire smoke in the pub leaving the place completely smoke free. "Wow" says the barman "that's amazing! How did you manage that?". Billy answers, "oh that's easy, I'm an ex-tractor fan".

I'll get my coat...
McBryce.

Wonder if that would work for soldering fumes as well...

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89898 on: May 03, 2021, 02:23:30 pm »
I love the whole look & feel of the PCBs from that era FLUKE & HP gear. Very busy, very tidy, and not ashamed of the traces. They stand out loud & proud & shiny.  ;D

mnem
 :-/O

Yeah. Honestly I really miss clear solder mask. Need more of that back. Makes it so much easier to debug stuff. Can’t get it anywhere though for a reasonable price.

Apparently, OSHPark is offering clear solder mask with their After Dark board.

https://docs.oshpark.com/services/afterdark/

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #89899 on: May 03, 2021, 02:26:29 pm »
Interesting. How does it look? It claims to be easy to debug.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf