Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16926122 times)

Vince and 153 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #85525 on: March 17, 2021, 08:07:25 pm »
I'm back. Trip to the sellers location was uneventful. Item purchased. It's in slightly rougher shape than I thought but it is all there in one piece and nothing broken. Couldn't try a power up since there was no power cord. I should have brought mine. Oh well. Yes, it is big and it is heavy.

Trip home was a shit show. About 30 miles into the trip the tire pressure monitor light comes on. That's never a good thing. I pull off the interstate into a safe area and sure enough. Right rear tire has a big nail/spike in it and you can hear the air leaking. Shit. So I had to unload the big and heavy item so I could get to the temporary spare. Lots of fun. Then the lug nuts were real tight even with the star wrench I always carry and I tweaked my back getting them loose. Finally got the tire changed but had to nurse the CR-V home at reduced speed since that temporary spare doesn't like high speed driving.

I left this morning at 06:30 hours and finally got home at 15:30 hours. I'm tired and I'm pissed. And there is no way I'm jackassing that heavy piece into here today. It's gonna stay in the CR-V overnight. Reveal tomorrow.

I'm going to lay down. Back still hurts.  ::) 
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, ch_scr, Kosmic, syau

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #85526 on: March 17, 2021, 08:10:41 pm »
Take care med. Look after yourself and take a hot shower or so.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:16:12 pm by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85527 on: March 17, 2021, 08:18:37 pm »
Sounds like a fun day :(

I’ve spent the entire day playing email tennis with what I can only describe as stasi morons aka school “teachers”. I leave that in quotes because it’s not a fact and BBC seem to get away with doing that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 08:34:23 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #85528 on: March 17, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »
I'm back. Trip to the sellers location was uneventful. Item purchased. It's in slightly rougher shape than I thought but it is all there in one piece and nothing broken. Couldn't try a power up since there was no power cord. I should have brought mine. Oh well. Yes, it is big and it is heavy.

Trip home was a shit show. About 30 miles into the trip the tire pressure monitor light comes on. That's never a good thing. I pull off the interstate into a safe area and sure enough. Right rear tire has a big nail/spike in it and you can hear the air leaking. Shit. So I had to unload the big and heavy item so I could get to the temporary spare. Lots of fun. Then the lug nuts were real tight even with the star wrench I always carry and I tweaked my back getting them loose. Finally got the tire changed but had to nurse the CR-V home at reduced speed since that temporary spare doesn't like high speed driving.

I left this morning at 06:30 hours and finally got home at 15:30 hours. I'm tired and I'm pissed. And there is no way I'm jackassing that heavy piece into here today. It's gonna stay in the CR-V overnight. Reveal tomorrow.

TEA - it's not just a passion, it's a misadventure!  (And you suck, taunting us and making us wait - take a picture of it in the CRV!!  We promise not to critique the lighting.   :P :P :P )

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #85529 on: March 17, 2021, 08:33:04 pm »

The St Paddys day Murphy really dealt to you didn't he !
Leave the thing in the CRV as long as you can or the Murphy will get at you again.

Lady cop coming this weekend ? Get her to help with the heavy lifting and hopefully a soothing rub down after.  ;D
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #85530 on: March 17, 2021, 08:44:22 pm »
That's what hoppened't!!!  med forgot to wear green today and pissed off St Paddy!  :-DD

Take care of yerself buddy. It only takes one dumb mistake to fuck up your back for a lifetime.  :palm:

mnem
so why does my washing machine hate me today...?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 08:46:20 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85531 on: March 17, 2021, 08:54:45 pm »
Will do. Anything special I should have an eye on it?

Thanks, and no, nothing special.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85532 on: March 17, 2021, 09:02:45 pm »
We promise not to critique the lighting.

My mum taught be that you shouldn't make a promise that you know you're going to break at the very first temptation.  :)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85533 on: March 17, 2021, 09:06:10 pm »
You gotta remember... Andonstar, MusTool, EatMyShortsOptical, etc ALL get their bits & pieces from the same half-dozen (or less) factories. You simply cannot count on any single one of these China-direct labels to ALWAYS BE crap or not crap.

Yes but Andonstar are clearly requesting better specs than Mustool.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XVC1LWB/

Ehhhh... maybe sometimes. I've seen some true pieces of shite sold under the AndonStar label as well.  :-//

I doubt Mustool is speccing anything here... more likely they're just slapping their label on whatever is popular at the moment. Mine wasn't sold under their label; but I recognized the unit being the same as the MusTool G1200 from a lot of time spent researching this very type of product before I pulled the trigger.

I'll admit I got a lot more microscope than I expected for ~US$76; whether that was a matter of good luck, careful shopping or a combination of the two is probably going to remain the sole purview of Ifni and her own mysterious ways. ;)

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #85534 on: March 17, 2021, 09:10:16 pm »
A nice repair video from Feedback Loop.
He is repairing an Agilent 6611C which is showing some weird behaviour.

It is amazing, what a nice cleaning with IPA can do.

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, mnementh

Offline Wolfgang

• Super Contributor
  • Its great if it finally works !
    • Electronic Projects for Fun
« Reply #85535 on: March 17, 2021, 09:43:16 pm »

Could be a Whisker problem.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85536 on: March 17, 2021, 09:49:09 pm »
Burma-Shave...  :-DD

mnem
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:51:20 pm by mnementh »

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #85537 on: March 17, 2021, 10:09:38 pm »

I was just about to post it, this guys needs more views! Legend!
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85538 on: March 17, 2021, 10:54:40 pm »
Bloody horses nags !

Heard screams for help and knew instantly where from and whom..........200m away.
Kerosene cowboy jumped on his and over there in a flash to find our dear equine infatuated neighbor lying on the ground with her nose split open top to bottom from a horse kick.  :o
Fuck what a gory mess but 4 of us helped sort out the carnage and got her into an ambulance for a compulsory rest at hospital for a few days.

Dog tucker all of them !  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85539 on: March 17, 2021, 10:57:41 pm »
That's what you get when you try to make pasture ornaments do something useful. >:D

mnem
 :horse:

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85540 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:23 pm »
Ugh. Spent a good number of years around horses. I learned to stay the fuck away.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85541 on: March 17, 2021, 11:01:23 pm »
That's what you get when you try to make pasture ornaments do something useful. >:D

mnem
Still, I didn't need to have that image to deal with for years to come. Poor girl (50+ woman) was really banged up.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85542 on: March 17, 2021, 11:03:18 pm »
Ugh. Spent a good number of years around horses. I learned to stay the fuck away.
I loved my pasture ornaments. Out there. In the pasture. Where they belong. :-DD

mnem
I generally preferred riding iron horses; but they have no sense of humor, unlike the fur & flesh variety. ;)

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #85543 on: March 17, 2021, 11:05:44 pm »
I grew up in Epsom, where they used to take thoroughbreds from stables to be exercised, past my school along public roads. They weren't stable animals. More than once I've seen them jump 6ft sideways, presumably being spooked by a fallen leaf.

Anybody that remembers "The Magic Roundabout" will think of Zebedee.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85544 on: March 17, 2021, 11:08:35 pm »
Totally spooked. My sister’s job is basically killing the buggers when they aren’t economical to fix after being spooked by grass, light, shadows, passing neutrinos etc

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85545 on: March 17, 2021, 11:11:20 pm »
I grew up in Epsom, where they used to take thoroughbreds from stables to be exercised, past my school along public roads. They weren't stable animals. More than once I've seen them jump 6ft sideways, presumably being spooked by a fallen leaf.
Another neighbor is a breaker and when getting them bullet leaf proof rides with a 1m stick with a plastic shopping bag tied to it constantly waving and shaking it at the edge of the nags vision....then swaps to the other side and so on. When he's finished with them they are literally bullet proof but never for the ones I'd use !  >:D
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85546 on: March 17, 2021, 11:12:51 pm »

mnem
Still, I didn't need to have that image to deal with for years to come. Poor girl (50+ woman) was really banged up.  :(

Mmmmhmmm... I get you, but I've seen a few too many such messes. Maybe growing up on the farm jaded me a bit to such things, maybe it was my time in the VFD.  :-// You get yourself into a situation where you have to scoop a guy's brains off the side of a MVA into a baggie... that is what I'd call a "formative event".  :-\

mnem
Hacksaws are the most amazing invention...

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85547 on: March 17, 2021, 11:19:24 pm »

mnem

Mmmmhmmm... I get you, but I've seen a few too many such messes. Maybe growing up on the farm jaded me a bit to such things, maybe it was my time in the VFD.  :-// You get yourself into a situation where you have to scoop a guy's brains off the side of a MVA into a baggie... that is what I'd call a "formative event".  :-\

mnem
Hacksaws are the most amazing invention...
Oh don't worry I've seen plenty of blood and gore in 60 years in rural NZ and caused a good bit of it too but when it happens to those you care about, well that's a different story.
Older now and much wiser I've learnt to mitigate risk and stay safe.....pain is the most powerful modifier of behavior !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85548 on: March 17, 2021, 11:22:03 pm »
Another neighbor is a breaker and when getting them bullet leaf proof rides with a 1m stick with a plastic shopping bag tied to it constantly waving and shaking it at the edge of the nags vision....then swaps to the other side and so on. When he's finished with them they are literally bullet proof but never for the ones I'd use !  >:D

Thoroughbreds aren't horses. They're huge bundles of coiled springs lashed together with psychoses; everything that is wrong with how human beings treat the nature around them, all boiled down into a single tiny little fucked-up gene pool the size of a small sedan.

Don't judge the entire species by what a few soulless fuckwits have done to a small subset of them. :palm:

mnem
Awww, mommy... horseshoes again? They taste like pony feet!

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #85549 on: March 17, 2021, 11:26:13 pm »
The only way I like horses is this one:
http://www.windisch-wurst.at/leberkaese/60-pferde-leberkaese

I am sorry, but horses have too much strength and too little brain.
Never felt comfy around them, never will.
ymmv of course.

The following users thanked this post: capt bullshot, bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf