Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17490383 times)

wolfy007, khach, duckduck and 75 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #84850 on: March 10, 2021, 12:43:38 am »
Revisiting the Thermal Camera Rabbit CAVE it is both expansive and expensive :palm:
The thermal camera rabbit is watching you, squinting through his ugly little, limited resolution, eyes.

The thermal camera badger wants ALL of your purse and taunts you from his subterranean lair with MPixel resolution, multiple compensation and calibration features, a set of Zeiss optics and Milspec robustness.

The thermal camera wombat just wants you to bugger off so he can get some sleep! ;D

Already thought of a 'job' for the Camera and Native wildlife. Possums beware  >:D

Re Wombat's: Burrows best avoided lest they break your vehicle or neck if you fall into one. Wombat's on Roads really best avoided lest they write your Car or you off.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #84851 on: March 10, 2021, 01:19:05 am »
Unfortuntly the rest of the evening was pretty bad, Just after I loaded thee SA in the car my mobile rang. it ws WMBO in tears saying or dog, Orli, appeaed to have broken her leg in the backyard. Orli is  12 1/2 year old German Shepard cross rescue. I knew straight away wha it was, bone cancer. we are waiting result of one more test but it looks like we will be saying goodbye to her tonight :'(

I feel your pain.  It is so sad when we have to say goodbye to these friends.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #84852 on: March 10, 2021, 01:21:10 am »
Revisiting the Thermal Camera Rabbit CAVE it is both expansive and expensive :palm:

That's why I walk past, only taking glimpses.  Any pause causes my wallet to kick me in the butt so I keep walking.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #84853 on: March 10, 2021, 02:03:48 am »
Pat, I sent the film crew to your house. You win!  :-DD :-DD

No TEA today. Temperature outside is 17 C for the first time in months. Cleaning up both cars and doing minor maintenance.  :-+

BTW.....if any of those 500 series (except the 561B) are bothering you I'd gladly make a road trip and take it off your hands. Just sayin'.  ;D

@med, On Thursday when I do my road-trip, should I be making inquiries about the Tektronix Type D & L plug-ins for 500 series scopes that the seller has?
I think they were asking for $50 per plug-in.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84854 on: March 10, 2021, 02:09:52 am »
Speaking of TEK plugins this one must be extra good and has Nixies. eBay auction: #184693365961 Slightly extended Road trip for @med to pickup ;)

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #84855 on: March 10, 2021, 02:20:21 am »
From nixies to verniers - it's got it all!

Pretty.  A bit crusty inside, though.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84856 on: March 10, 2021, 02:27:27 am »
Pat, I sent the film crew to your house. You win!  :-DD :-DD

No TEA today. Temperature outside is 17 C for the first time in months. Cleaning up both cars and doing minor maintenance.  :-+

BTW.....if any of those 500 series (except the 561B) are bothering you I'd gladly make a road trip and take it off your hands. Just sayin'.  ;D

@med, On Thursday when I do my road-trip, should I be making inquiries about the Tektronix Type D & L plug-ins for 500 series scopes that the seller has?
I think they were asking for $50 per plug-in.

Appreciate the offer but I'll pass. They are both high gain/low frequency plug-in's that aren't much use to me....plus the stupid shipping charges to get them across the border.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline cyclin_al

• Frequent Contributor
  • VE3TSD / VA2XAR
« Reply #84857 on: March 10, 2021, 02:29:26 am »
So went to pick up the 492BP. about 1h 45mn each way. Was going to take the dog but decided not to asit's a bit long. Seller was very interesting with a large shed that is very un-shed like. The front part has a 3 sided bench with lots of high quality TE all racked out with the top racks tilted out at the top. Mostly HPAK, with some Tek, R&S etc. Retired consultantso most paid by work I guess. He and  have worked in similar fields so had a nice chat.
Unfortuntly the rest of the evening was pretty bad, Just after I loaded thee SA in the car my mobile rang. it ws WMBO in tears saying or dog, Orli, appeaed to have broken her leg in the backyard. Orli is  12 1/2 year old German Shepard cross rescue. I knew straight away wha it was, bone cancer. we are waiting result of one more test but it looks like we will be saying goodbye to her tonight :'(
No advice on decision please, we both have had dogs and myimmediate family include a vet and vet nurse.
Be strong with all the memories of the good times had.
Yep it's real hard and for each of mine that I've had to put down a weeks talking myself into doing the dirty deed always preceded actually doing it.

^^^^^ exactly this.  I fully understand, as two of ours passed on for the same reason in the last couple of years.  I am sure Orli will be waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84858 on: March 10, 2021, 02:35:55 am »
Speaking of TEK plugins this one must be extra good and has Nixies. eBay auction: #184693365961 Slightly extended Road trip for @med to pickup ;)

You need a Type 567 scope to use this plug-in. Plus sampling plug-ins. A whole lot of nearly unobtainium and premium dollars if you find all the stuff in good shape.

It looks like the late Stan Griffiths stash is finding it's way to EBay which isn't surprising. The text says it was from a "collector" and the seller is in Oregon.   

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84859 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:00 am »

You need a Type 567 scope to use this plug-in. Plus sampling plug-ins. A whole lot of nearly unobtainium and premium dollars if you find all the stuff in good shape.

It looks like the late Stan Griffiths stash is finding it's way to EBay which isn't surprising. The text says it was from a "collector" and the seller is in Oregon.   

Might be plenty of other goodies from the same seller too.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #84860 on: March 10, 2021, 02:46:23 am »
I destroy keyboards. They get hammered the shit out of them 10-12 hours a day. I’ve never had one last more than 6 months  :-//

This particular one was an Apple magic keyboard 2 which died after 6 weeks. My eldest nicked my Durgod K320 as she murdered her Ducky one with some Monster. I sold my spare K320 a while back (Expenses claimed  :-DD). So I ordered another K320 today (same day delivery) and it got delivered somewhere random but not to me  >:(. Apple are RMAing the magic keyboard and I’ll get a new one Friday.

https://www.amazon.ca/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Interface/dp/B07YQSZMXW/

Been drooling over this one in my Wish List for a while now. Durgod K310, white backlit. Yumm.

mnem
 :popcorn:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:50:42 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84861 on: March 10, 2021, 02:46:31 am »

Might be plenty of other goodies from the same seller too.

I started browsing his other items and it's mostly crap including this gem:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26-Bumblebee-Capacitor-Pulls-0022-10-600v-PIO-Vintage/184700288359?hash=item2b00febd67:g:LPUAAOSwq4la~M1N

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #84862 on: March 10, 2021, 02:53:15 am »
Quote from:  The Bumblefucker
Description:

26 - Bumblebee Capacitor Pulls .0022 10% 600v - PIO - Vintage    Vintage capacitor pulls in good used condition. They are untested and have probably all wandered a little. 

Please see all photos. Please see shipping tab for shipping options. Optional local pickup (free) in the Portland OR area available.

:palm:    Awfully expensive shrapnel.

mnem
*toddles off to get mauled by Thing 1*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84863 on: March 10, 2021, 02:55:51 am »
Description:

26 - Bumblebee Capacitor Pulls .0022 10% 600v - PIO - Vintage    Vintage capacitor pulls in good used condition. They are untested and have probably all wandered a little. 

Please see all photos. Please see shipping tab for shipping options. Optional local pickup (free) in the Portland OR area available.

mnem

There's an audiophool born every minute.  ::)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, srb1954

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84864 on: March 10, 2021, 03:52:49 am »

It is well known that I hold Tek in high esteem, but this plugin looks like an evil japanese toy robot to me!

But I did look through his offers: he seems to have some variety of Tek ROM-packs for logic analysers, so 1340/1241 operators should take a second look. and in the teletype tool sets are some contact adjusters strewn in.

The following users thanked this post: jh15

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
« Reply #84865 on: March 10, 2021, 05:37:11 am »
Description:

mnem

If the vendor was targeting the audiophool market the price would have been much higher and the description would have been pure BS.

Correction: The vendor is targeting the audiophool market. He has other listings for smaller quantities of vintage caps at some ridiculous prices.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:45:10 am by srb1954 »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84866 on: March 10, 2021, 08:04:03 am »
I destroy keyboards. They get hammered the shit out of them 10-12 hours a day. I’ve never had one last more than 6 months  :-//

This particular one was an Apple magic keyboard 2 which died after 6 weeks. My eldest nicked my Durgod K320 as she murdered her Ducky one with some Monster. I sold my spare K320 a while back (Expenses claimed  :-DD). So I ordered another K320 today (same day delivery) and it got delivered somewhere random but not to me  >:(. Apple are RMAing the magic keyboard and I’ll get a new one Friday.

https://www.amazon.ca/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Interface/dp/B07YQSZMXW/

Been drooling over this one in my Wish List for a while now. Durgod K310, white backlit. Yumm.

mnem
 :popcorn:

Definitely the best keyboard I’ve used for years. I’d prefer a Ducky One 2 skyline TKL but thanks to wanxit you can’t get them unless they are the stupid ones which are missing all the F keys. Which is no flipping use if you’re a software person  >:(

Gone for silent red keys because they’re noisy as hell otherwise though  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #84867 on: March 10, 2021, 08:47:02 am »

I'm very happy with my Logitech G413 Silver keyboard. Build as a tank and it feels nearly undestructable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XPHQW6G
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84868 on: March 10, 2021, 09:23:15 am »
Description:

mnem

If the vendor was targeting the audiophool market the price would have been much higher and the description would have been pure BS.

Correction: The vendor is targeting the audiophool market. He has other listings for smaller quantities of vintage caps at some ridiculous prices.

I think I missed an opportunity to make a killing. I should have offered up all the pulled capacitors to the Audiophools.

"Burned in and fully derated beaded tantalum capacitors"

"Gently used aluminum electrolytic capacitors run on 100% pure Tektronix electrons"

:palm:

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, capt bullshot, factory

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #84869 on: March 10, 2021, 09:25:48 am »
The bloody keyboard being used has snuffed it hence the stupid order of letters and weird speech in this post. There is a letter I have to avoid typing that is between N and . . Very annoyed  >:(. And of course the store with an equivalent designation of a certain rainforest could not deliver a suitable alternative today, preferring to leave it up the road at another house. Grr.

Although it appears that it is possible to write without the letter in question quite easily with lesser changes to the words used :)

This is going to be like the episode with the dead oven isn't it? Days and days of people posting about baked things is going to be replaced with a marvellous, multicoloured, multicultural magnificence of massively m'alliterative messages.

Alas your joy is ruined as I found a spare one floating around  :-DD

Having anticipated this, I have a stash (some 5 or so) of IBM Model M keyboards.

If the problematic key is in the numerical part, I also stock Sun Type 5 and 6 keyboards.

It the problem is terminal, there is a supply of LK401 keyboards from DEC.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #84870 on: March 10, 2021, 09:36:54 am »
Motto of the day? Hit bd139 with keyboards?  :-DD
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #84871 on: March 10, 2021, 09:38:16 am »
Piers Morgan threw a hissy fit on live TV?

Priceless.  :P :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #84872 on: March 10, 2021, 09:54:43 am »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, syau

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #84873 on: March 10, 2021, 10:02:42 am »
Piers Morgan threw a hissy fit on live TV?

Priceless.  :P :-DD

It gets better :)

In a tweet as the programme was beginning, Morgan said: "On Monday, I said I didn't believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview. I've had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don't."

He added: "Freedom of speech is a hill I'm happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I'm off to spend more time with my opinions."

His message was accompanied by a photo of Winston Churchill with a quote about free speech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56343768
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84874 on: March 10, 2021, 10:22:25 am »

As seen in

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg3316246/#msg3316246

Well off you go part then #1 of the collection process begins  :popcorn: ;D

EDIT Quick evilbay check several 3T77 plugins available and 'some' of a 3S2 eBay auction: #162314913131

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:31:07 am by beanflying »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf