Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16709099 times)

zepto, factory, Robert763, Vince and 133 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #83525 on: February 23, 2021, 01:02:52 am »
I see readings on this panel that suggest firmware is designed to be able to do load-testing on Li-xx, etc cells and packs. Does this one have capability to automatically cut off at a settable minimum discharge voltage?

While it seems like that should be a "minimum requirement" given the other battery characterization features on the thing... I've just recently been reminded to never take anything for granted on any of this kind of gadget with that calc kit that has only 7-digit registers. :palm:
Yep is does have a voltage cut off but adjusting it is a bit clunky with only a single programming button. Not sure I would 'trust' it without being around to discharge LiPos and I have R/C chargers to do that already if needed.
Yeah, I have ONE such charger. I was thinking more in terms of high-current discharge of my bigger packs to exercise them; I don't have anything to do that with. Even if I only discharge them down to storage voltage, it would be a really good excuse to get a new toy.  >:D

mnem
 :-/O

Chased up the original listing for mine if you can follow the chinglish then you too could set the max power and voltage thresholds  :-DD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32822398014.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dJnT6GS

edit still available here  Random Ali Express Seller Good times for all....

Some of the more recent clones seem to have multibutton interfaces which should make the limit setting less clunky.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:07:14 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83526 on: February 23, 2021, 01:03:05 am »
:rant: :rant: :wtf:     

Huh...? Weather Service has been warning us that another 4-6 inches was coming since before the last one (when I posted aboot my morning cardio) was done falling. We just finished clearing this one out after lunch.  :-//

I mean yeah, it sux... but was expected.

Or are you grumping indirectly aboot delivery delays...?

mnem
 :popcorn:

No, just fed up with the snow.  |O
Why are you tired of the snow, it looks real pretty and you know how to drive on it as well.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, cyclin_al

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #83527 on: February 23, 2021, 01:17:25 am »
Yep is does have a voltage cut off but adjusting it is a bit clunky with only a single programming button. Not sure I would 'trust' it without being around to discharge LiPos and I have R/C chargers to do that already if needed.
Yeah, I have ONE such charger. I was thinking more in terms of high-current discharge of my bigger packs to exercise them; I don't have anything to do that with. Even if I only discharge them down to storage voltage, it would be a really good excuse to get a new toy.  >:D   
Chased up the original listing for mine if you can follow the chinglish then you too could set the max power and voltage thresholds  :-DD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32822398014.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dJnT6GS

edit still available here  https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001459989127.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.46.4f3256ffhv0kjr

Some of the more recent clones seem to have multibutton interfaces which should make the limit setting less clunky.   
Thanks! wait... WHAT...? Those encoders aren't for menu navigation...?       Okies... I'll look for the ones that are available here at a sane price; IIRC, there's one that uses the cheap little 2.4" touchscreen like tinySA, etc.

mnem
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:19:32 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #83528 on: February 23, 2021, 01:20:21 am »
Whaddabout you ?
On some nasty antibiotics which have a list of worrying side-effects.  Fortunately, I only seem to be suffering one of those in a mild form.  They seemed to have been doing something over the first 3 days, but little improvement over the last 2.  Will see what the next couple of days brings.  Pain levels have eased from 9 or 10 out of 10 down to 2 out of 10 and I can get around a bit better.  Can't stand in one place for more than a minute, but I can hobble along for maybe 20 minutes before pain forces me to get off my feet.  The only footwear I can tolerate is a pair of thongs/jandals/flip-flops.  Glad I don't have snow to deal with.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:31:37 am by Brumby »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83529 on: February 23, 2021, 01:25:51 am »
Nope, just genuine unpaid overtime. I could see though that we had a rate of 13 translations per second in my mt system. And that those bozos had brought the computer load up to 470 on my backend systems by killing off my broker agent and the message queueing system. And then send me a ticket about high load ...

Uggghhh... yeah. "Salaried position" is the new age way to rape employees.   

mnem
and they usually make you give up the benefits package for that "promotion"...
Yes and they add special clauses to ensure that they don't ever have to pay you overtime, what my old company used to do was to say to the factory workers and those office based that their hours were 37.5 hours per week, extra hours if required would be paid at time and a third. All external workers, i.e., sales specification people never had a normal working week, the wording was "as many hours as is needed".

A few years back, when we had a recession, the factory workers were put on a 4-day week and paid pro-rota, external staff, given a 10% pay cut and zero hours reduction in working week, in fact pressure was added to get us to do 6 days a week, the 6th day was doing our office work, quotes, designs and schematics etc. The money they saved while that was going on was enough to put a down payment on a new factory in Reading, so they could stop renting the factory they had in Brentford  :wtf:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83530 on: February 23, 2021, 01:35:30 am »
@Specmaster - Yeah, that is exactly the phenomenon I was talking about. Been "business as usual" down in Dumbfuckistan for decades. |O

I'll just leave this lying here for the cabling/connector freaks... and freqq... ;)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-GOOD-CONDITION-ASTRO-DANIELS-INSERTION-EXTRACTION-TOOLS-11/174622120691

mnem
 >:D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:49:58 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83531 on: February 23, 2021, 01:47:07 am »
Whaddabout you ?
On some nasty antibiotics which have a list of worrying side-effects.  Fortunately, I only seem to be suffering one of those in a mild form.  They seemed to have been doing something over the first 3 days, but little improvement over the last 2.  Will see what the next couple of days brings.  Pain levels have eased from 9 or 10 out of 10 down to 2 out of 10 and I can get around a bit better.  Can't stand in one place for more than a minute, but I can hobble along for maybe 20 minutes before pain forces me to get off my feet.  The only footwear I can tolerate is a pair of thongs/jandals/flip-flops.  Glad I don't have snow to deal with.  ;D

Urrgghhh. Reminds me of a MRSA infection I got on my thigh over a decade ago back in San Antonio. They gave me horse-pillz that caused my entire digestive system to go to war with me for a week... and in the end, it wasn't until the hole was a inch deep and looked like an evil eye that in frustration, I jabbed the nozzle of the tube of topical antibiotic they gave me in there and emptied it inside the wound. Next morning it popped and drained while I was hobbling to the bathroom, and was healing up a couple days later. :phew:

Ummm... don't do this at home, kids.  :-\

mnem
 :scared:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:49:27 am by mnementh »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #83532 on: February 23, 2021, 01:49:39 am »
Whaddabout you ?
Right, those side effects.....so when your SO goes shopping it looks like she's stocking up on loo paper ?
If not she'd better as when the body needs them less things start to run....become urgent...get outta my way !  :scared:

I hope you have a cast iron gut for them wretched things.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83533 on: February 23, 2021, 01:52:30 am »
@Specmaster - Yeah, that is exactly the phenomenon I was talking about. Been "business as usual" in Dumbfuckistan for decades. |O

I'll just leave this lying here for the cabling/connector freaks... and freqq... ;)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-GOOD-CONDITION-ASTRO-DANIELS-INSERTION-EXTRACTION-TOOLS-11/174622120691

mnem

how many times did i yell at the interns to stay the fuck out of my tool pouch and keep their dick skinner's off my pin pullers.

they argued that i was a senile old freqq and left them on top of a cabinet somewhere.  (probably true).

hmmmmmmm.  now where are these?   damn.....killeen!  maybe i did misplace some of them at ft hood!

free range primate

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83534 on: February 23, 2021, 01:58:16 am »

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83535 on: February 23, 2021, 02:08:43 am »
Ummm... that's not the only ones he has:   https://www.ebay.ca/sch/tex*01/m.html?item=174622120691&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

mnem

damn.  that guy musta' had his hand in everyone's tool pouch.

naaaaaaw.  even a sailor could not comshaw that many tools.

he must have worked at dmro.
free range primate

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83536 on: February 23, 2021, 02:14:35 am »
So what... did I just bankrupt you...?  :-DD

mnem
*tûl-dwagon*

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83537 on: February 23, 2021, 02:16:44 am »
Thanks! wait... WHAT...? Those encoders aren't for menu navigation...?       Okies... I'll look for the ones that are available here at a sane price; IIRC, there's one that uses the cheap little 2.4" touchscreen like tinySA, etc.

mnem

Ok so a bit of time wasting over a coffee got me this option Random AliExpress Seller

Add your own PC cooler and likely get a better result than the stock. PC, Phone apps makes this a serious one for me to add to the collection for the few pesos it costs.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:18:27 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83538 on: February 23, 2021, 02:16:59 am »
And now for something completely... ON TOPIC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H1GVCBP

These were delivered today... CAD$11 off Amazon to make a minimum order. 2 pairs, nice 0.5mm points and the contact region is superb. SQUEEEEE!!!

Oh, and they have a variety of kits all for ~CAD$11-12 (US$9-11).

mnem
*glink!*
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:32:54 am by mnementh »

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83539 on: February 23, 2021, 02:22:04 am »
Ok so a bit of time wasting over a coffee got me this option Random AliExpress Seller
Add your own PC cooler and likely get a better result than the stock. PC, Phone apps makes this a serious one for me to add to the collection for the few pesos it costs.   

That is exactly the one I was thinking of only BETTER, cuz I have like oodles of Intel CPU coolerz lying around.  :-+

mnem
*toddles off to abuse myself on AliEx*
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:23:35 am by mnementh »

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83540 on: February 23, 2021, 02:45:02 am »
So what... did I just bankrupt you...?  :-DD

mnem
*tûl-dwagon*

no.  but it brought back memories. 

remember once our router guy had been trying for 2 weeks to get a token ring working at a remote site and the local guys could not figure it out.  and suddenly it became a crisis.  since i had given the cable pinouts to the installers the boss yelled at me to grab a motor pool vehicle and go to norfolk (from northern maryland) NOW.

got to the data center 5 hours later, pulled the connector off the router and could see one pin obviously in the wrong hole.  looked in my pouch and sure enough someone had borrowed my extractors.  again!  found a local guy who lent me his set (but he stood and watched and made sure he got them back after i normaled everything back up).  called the office and the router guy said......"it just started working all by it self"...... come on home.  had only been in the building 15 minutes.

told him to fuck off and spent the night in virginia beach.

good times. 
free range primate

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83541 on: February 23, 2021, 02:45:45 am »

That is exactly the one I was thinking of only BETTER, cuz I have like oodles of Intel CPU coolerz lying around.  :-+

mnem

Ordered - because it was discounted  :palm: :-DD

Time to clear out some unused TEA to make room for the last few days weakness .........

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83542 on: February 23, 2021, 03:10:21 am »

Huh...? Weather Service has been warning us that another 4-6 inches was coming since before the last one (when I posted aboot my morning cardio) was done falling. We just finished clearing this one out after lunch.  :-//

mnem

Why are you tired of the snow, it looks real pretty and you know how to drive on it as well.

Tired of the cold.
Tried of tracking snow into the house and car.
Every time you go out you have to brush all the snow off the car.
The CR-V is filthy from the road salt and you can't wash it.
I could go on, and on. I think you get the point. I'm ready for Spring.  :-//
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83543 on: February 23, 2021, 03:11:25 am »

mnem

Time to clear out some unused TEA to make room for the last few days weakness .........

Looks like you're back on the "buy wagon".  :P :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83544 on: February 23, 2021, 03:43:42 am »
Whaddabout you ?
Right, those side effects.....so when your SO goes shopping it looks like she's stocking up on loo paper ?
If not she'd better as when the body needs them less things start to run....become urgent...get outta my way !  :scared:

I hope you have a cast iron gut for them wretched things.

It may not be as simple as the squitts. A lot of the antimicrobials that aren't routinely used are that way for good reason. The side effects or contra-indications can be quite tricky.

I've had, on and off, recurring and recalcitrant foliculitis. Not a biggie, more of an annoyance, but it's meant that I've seen a few dermatologists over the years. Dermatologists often reach for drugs that the average doctor doesn't -  you wouldn't be seeing a specialist if the "usual" treatment used by non-specialists had done the trick . So, my last dermatologist (who I might add turned out to be the best of the bunch that I've seen) went through a whole raft of second and third line antimicrobials with me. One of these drugs required that I took blood tests first to rule out a list of rare-ish conditions that you can have asymptomatically (like G6PD deficiency) before it was deemed safe to try the drug on me. Another required regular blood tests to make sure that I wasn't developing liver problems because of taking it. Another came with a quite high risk of rhabdomyolysis (sudden and catastrophic loss of muscle) as a side-effect while taking it; as I was at the time someone who was doing cycling training very energetically I was smack in the sights for that one and had to refrain from my usual exercise regime - you can guess that a long break from training means that it fell by the wayside and I'm still in the phase where "I'm gonna start it again, soon.".

So, the side effects of the unusual antimicrobials used when something difficult to shift shows up can be more than just beating up on your gut flora, they can be really quite risky for other aspects of your health, some even potentially fatal in a few rare cases (cf rhabdomyolysis - your heart is a muscle, you don't want that to suddenly start wasting away). As always with these things, it's a question of balancing the risks of the drugs against the risks of the disease and part of that is that the riskier drugs get left on the shelf until they're really needed.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #83545 on: February 23, 2021, 03:51:30 am »
Ain't it a bitch getting old !
A dicky back is my weakness so thank heavens I don't need to lift boat anchors around any more.
Off to the osteo again on Friday.....hope he don't bust me again this time.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #83546 on: February 23, 2021, 04:11:24 am »
So, the side effects of the unusual antimicrobials used when something difficult to shift shows up can be more than just beating up on your gut flora, they can be really quite risky for other aspects of your health

Yeah, the things I'm on at the moment were the result of the ED doctor talking to the Infectious Diseases department of the hospital.  I was given strict instructions on the course - to stop at a very specific point and discard the remaining capsules.  Never had an instruction like that before.

Spoke to my local pharmacist yesterday about it and he said it was a marvellous thing and a nasty thing - not something you normally see.

I just hope they fricking work.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #83547 on: February 23, 2021, 04:28:36 am »

mnem

Same.

I hate you guys.....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, beanflying

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83548 on: February 23, 2021, 04:31:46 am »

mnem
Ordered - because it was discounted  :palm: :-DD Time to clear out some unused TEA to make room for the last few days weakness .........
Looks like you're back on the "buy wagon".  :P :-DD
Same here; I accidentally bought 2. I thought aboot canceling the duplicate order; then I realized one of two things would happen: Either they'd cancel both orders, or I would get one fuxxored unit.

$28 each delivered; even if I get two good ones I'm not going to whinge.

mnem
 :bullshit:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83549 on: February 23, 2021, 04:51:53 am »

mnem

Tired of the cold.
Tried of tracking snow into the house and car.
Every time you go out you have to brush all the snow off the car.
The CR-V is filthy from the road salt and you can't wash it.
I could go on, and on. I think you get the point. I'm ready for Spring.  :-//

You're going to hate me... everything you say is true for me too... but aside from the backaches, I'm happier'n a twister in a trailer park up here. I can breathe, and I get 5 months break from THE SUCK. After 20 years of stewing in muh own juices, it'll be a long while before I hate winter.

Have a snowball fight while you still can,

mnem

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf