Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16717468 times)

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #83375 on: February 21, 2021, 07:59:01 pm »
they are a lost tribe on the stream of political correctness and cancel culture.
Wonder if they make it out alive.

No worries the COVID vaccine with the secret microchip will be soon injected on mass population.
The microchip will react to 5G waves and the reset plan will be finally bring joy and peace to humanity.
Finally the Illuminati will win and we will all survive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:04:22 pm by Zucca »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139, mansaxel

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #83376 on: February 21, 2021, 08:06:07 pm »
Danke für die Rückmeldung. Wäre es möglich den Generator inkl. Mit dem Gerät unterhalt, denn man auf dem Foto sieht zu kaufen?

Ich drehe für sie Schule einen Film über künstliche Intelligenz und bräuchte es als Requisiten.

Danke Liebe Grüsse Tereza

Ah..

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83377 on: February 21, 2021, 08:09:16 pm »
Ooh found a suitably rotten no hope turd to repair on eBay. But it’s an auction so it’ll go for insane money at the moment probably  >:(

Does it have a reasonable "buy now" price?

Edit...that's how I managed to snag Larry which BTW passed at least 20 hours burn-in with no issues.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:11:04 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83378 on: February 21, 2021, 08:09:38 pm »
But we WERE republicans.  :P :P :-DD

Don't you mean in-the-pub-licans?  :)

The claim that the Irish and their descendants drink a lot is a calumny. If we drank as much as people claimed there'd be nothing left for the Scots.  >:D
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #83379 on: February 21, 2021, 08:09:46 pm »
devoid of knowledge she asks ...

give her the list price.
if they buy it for show they will probably dump it afterwards.
Or do a sell and buy back contract with the if you break it you will bleed thingie.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83380 on: February 21, 2021, 08:10:53 pm »
Ooh found a suitably rotten no hope turd to repair on eBay. But it’s an auction so it’ll go for insane money at the moment probably  >:(

Does it have a reasonable "buy now" price?

Nope auction only  :--

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83381 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:23 pm »
they are a lost tribe on the stream of political correctness and cancel culture.
Wonder if they make it out alive.

No worries the COVID vaccine with the secret microchip will be soon injected on mass population.
The microchip will react to 5G wave and the reset plan will be finally bring joy and peace to humanity.
Finally the Illuminati will win and we will all survive.

wrong. The earth will be demolished to make room for a hyperspace bypass. The plans have been on file for the past 50 years, but we don't care to take an interest in regional matters.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #83382 on: February 21, 2021, 08:12:12 pm »
[...]
The flames are bad enough but what is more alarming is the severe vibration.

If I was looking out the window at that engine I would be thinking that it's going to fall off at any moment.

The vibrations are likely why everything fell apart in the first place.  Wonder if there is an "engine vibration monitor" in the cockpit?

Many many things are monitored. Ones that need immediate attention do get immediate attention. Most are just radioed to the airline and or manufacturer so that they can have a replacement waiting when the aircraft lands, or schedule maintenance sometime in the future.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83383 on: February 21, 2021, 08:15:18 pm »
It's very seldom that  come away from a hamfest in the UK without somehting to use, something to make a profit on or both.
Custom built items (to big for ebay shipping) for stripping are also fair game. Unfortunatly even before Covid 19 they are becoming rare. Last one before shut down produced a HP 54701A 2.5GHz active probe with  all bits in the case AND 1143A powersupply / offset  unit for £50. Plus a stack of 2U rack units with a VHF transceiver and nice toroid based 13.8V PSUs inside for £1 each. There are some people hauling the same overpriced stuff around for years but not many.
Not don etoo many NA hamfests. The smaller ones seemed to be a bit overpriced, but the Boston and Bay area electronics flea markets were good.
Don't know how many hamfest will be left in UK post covid

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83384 on: February 21, 2021, 08:16:17 pm »
But we WERE republicans.  :P :P :-DD

Don't you mean in-the-pub-licans?  :)

The claim that the Irish and their descendants drink a lot is a calumny. If we drank as much as people claimed there'd be nothing left for the Scots.  >:D

Well, I can tell you that my family tree is top heavy with alcoholics so there is some truth to that statement.   

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #83385 on: February 21, 2021, 08:25:31 pm »
Whatever the question, plaid is never the answer.  :-DD

mnem
Unless the question is "What is your clan's tartan...?"   

What is it with you guys over there? Every American seems to think there's a tartan with their name on. Apparently even a New York Polack who thinks his heritage includes a modern commercial "welsh tartan". The "Edwards tartan" was designed by someone who's still alive, one Sheila Daniel of Cambrian Woollen Mill, Powys, Wales. Welsh tartan? What next, Scottish love spoons and Laverbread?

Get a grip you lot, you're Americans, not some lost tribe of the clans of Boaty McBoatface.  :)

You know what... fuck you C.

I grew up under the name Edwards, and my great-grandmother was a Ellis island immigrant. She told a lot of tales of her life, and I was there to hear them, and it wasn't until I reached adulthood that I took my father's name, because my mother felt it was right at the time.

The school where I grew up was very aware of that heritage; and I grew up with a childhood understanding (and yes, a child's understanding) of what the tartans meant, and who the families were, and the Edwards clan was so represented with the tartan (actually, I remember it being mostly greys with a red stripe not yellow; but such memories are fugitive) in many school activities, so obviously it wasn't just me.

I make a sidewards comment aboot it, and share something I grew up with (actually, there was a fair bit of peace offering in my intent), and yet again you have to make a fucking "thing" of it. Somehow because I bothered post a pic I looked up on the internet (because I don't actually have a pic of her or my grand-dad wearing the colors) I am taking something from you...?

Piss off, man. Seriously. I'm not letting you take that from me. The name is mine. The family history is mine. And if you don't like it, you can go shit up a crooked stick.

mnem
grrrrrrrr...
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83386 on: February 21, 2021, 08:29:36 pm »
...Yea, the last hamfest I went to I've documented here before but it bears repeating. I paid my $5 entry fee and upon entry I was greeted with one table selling new equipment and one table of the ARRL. That's it. No surplus equipment, no nothing. And several tables of unwashed hobos sitting drinking coffee and eating donuts. These guys were nasty.  :palm: In less than 5 minutes I was out the door and I was tempted to ask for my $5 back. And as I was walking to the car I was joined by someone else who just left. We both agreed that it was a total disappointment.

A hamfest I attended several months before at least had SOME surplus equipment and I did score an HP 6215A for $15. But again, most of these Hams looked like they were in their shack way too long and needed a bath and a shave.

If I ever get that like that someone please shoot me.  :-DD

Starts polishing a bullet...  >:D

mnem
*still undecided where to send it*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: med6753, Specmaster

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83387 on: February 21, 2021, 08:30:50 pm »
Oh another Hamfest win a couple of years ago. Bunch of cables with little round plastic connectors on the end. I took a hugh risk and bought them for £1 (the lot not each  ;) ) They had a two section part number 8120-2178
Got home and checked  and yes they were the leads for HPAK step attenuators. There were 20 of them and they sold like hot cakes on ebay at £30 each.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83388 on: February 21, 2021, 08:31:12 pm »
you can go shit up a crooked stick.

That has now outranked med's "piss up a rope"  :-DD

Edit: and typically I just found a box of transistors I forgot I had and in it was a couple of ZTX550’s. I may swap that out on the Racal again so I can live with myself  :-DD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:34:47 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, Specmaster, factory

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83389 on: February 21, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »
I recall it being one of grand-mom-mom Eddurds's favorites. But that might just be cuz I'm thinking of her now.  :-//

mnem
*sigh*

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83390 on: February 21, 2021, 08:43:36 pm »
I recall it being one of grand-mom-mom Eddurds's favorites. But that might just be cuz I'm thinking of her now.  :-//

mnem
*sigh*

I don't recall where I got "piss up a rope" but there are certainly times when it fits the bill. And "shit up a crooked stick" works for me too.  :-+  ;D

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83391 on: February 21, 2021, 09:01:12 pm »
But his shirt is too clean.  :-DD

Jedoch eines Tags (und der Tag war blau)
Kam einer, der mich nicht bat.
Und er hängte seinen Hut an den Nagel in meiner Kammer,
Und ich wußte nicht mehr, was ich tat.
Und als er kein Geld hatte,
Und als er nicht nett war,
Und sein Kragen war auch am Sonntag nicht rein,
Und als er nicht wußte,
Was sich bei einer Dame schickt,
Zu ihm sagte ich nicht "nein"

This is exactly what I'm thinking about as soon as people talk of clean shirts. (It's Brecht, from the Three Penny Opera. My recording is a 1958 one, on CBS with Lotte Lenya and Sender Freies Berlin Orchestra. It is the one showing up in Spotify, so is available there too.)

*looks up the sparksnotes and translation*

...And he hung his hat on the nail in my room
And I didn't remember what I was doing.
And when he had no money
And when he wasn't nice
And his collar wasn't clean on Sunday either...
And when he didn't know
What is appropriate for a lady
I didn't say "no" to him.

Heh. Wonder if he was any relation...

mnem
Purely because of concordant similarity with my own youth, and no other reason, I swear.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83392 on: February 21, 2021, 09:02:27 pm »
Whatever the question, plaid is never the answer.  :-DD

mnem
Unless the question is "What is your clan's tartan...?"   

What is it with you guys over there? Every American seems to think there's a tartan with their name on. Apparently even a New York Polack who thinks his heritage includes a modern commercial "welsh tartan". The "Edwards tartan" was designed by someone who's still alive, one Sheila Daniel of Cambrian Woollen Mill, Powys, Wales. Welsh tartan? What next, Scottish love spoons and Laverbread?

Get a grip you lot, you're Americans, not some lost tribe of the clans of Boaty McBoatface.  :)

You know what... fuck you C.

I grew up under the name Edwards, and my great-grandmother was a Ellis island immigrant. She told a lot of tales of her life, and I was there to hear them, and it wasn't until I reached adulthood that I took my father's name, because my mother felt it was right at the time.

The school where I grew up was very aware of that heritage; and I grew up with a childhood understanding (and yes, a child's understanding) of what the tartans meant, and who the families were, and the Edwards clan was so represented with the tartan (actually, I remember it being mostly greys with a red stripe not yellow; but such memories are fugitive) in many school activities, so obviously it wasn't just me.

I make a sidewards comment aboot it, and share something I grew up with (actually, there was a fair bit of peace offering in my intent), and yet again you have to make a fucking "thing" of it. Somehow because I bothered post a pic I looked up on the internet (because I don't actually have a pic of her or my grand-dad wearing the colors) I am taking something from you...?

Piss off, man. Seriously. I'm not letting you take that from me. The name is mine. The family history is mine. And if you don't like it, you can go shit up a crooked stick.

mnem
grrrrrrrr...

Ye gods Mnem! Can nobody say anything casual near you anymore without you taking it as a personal attack?

The phenomenon of "Lift a rock in America and you'll find someone who's convinced they are Irish/Scots/Welsh and have every gimcrack they can find related to it on their mantelpiece" is well known. If you're so self obsessed that you can't take a friendly piss-take of your countrymen in any way except as a personal attack you're lost to the world. For the record "Welsh Tartan" is not a real cultural phenomenon. There are no Welsh clans with traditional tartans like the Scots have, the whole thing is a recent commercial phenomenon to take in the gullible and credulous.

So far in all your self obsession, dealing with all your confabulating and blustering I've NEVER stooped to insult, telling you to fuck off, or anything of the like. It's time you grew up, stopped overcompensating for your insecurities and learned how to behave properly in adult company. As ought to be evident from Med's and other people's remarks earlier, we're all getting fed up with your infantile behaviour.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #83393 on: February 21, 2021, 09:08:36 pm »
Where's my umbrella ?
Gunna start raining shit !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83394 on: February 21, 2021, 09:20:27 pm »
Lesser threads have been killed by this point by the landlords. Can we not murder this one too please over petty conflicts.

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea, Cubdriver, BU508A, med6753, factory

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83395 on: February 21, 2021, 09:22:47 pm »
Lesser threads have been killed by this point by the landlords. Can we not murder this one too please over petty conflicts.

Gets my vote.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83396 on: February 21, 2021, 09:34:01 pm »
Where's my umbrella ?   Gunna start raining shit !
Nope. I don't care anymore. He's used me up. I've gone back, and I looked at the entire previous exchange... because that is something I do. And you know what I realized? I'm not the one who has a problem saying I'm wrong.

I searched out "Cerebus wrong" in this thread, and I couldn't find a single instance where he'd actually said those words. Not once and I looked until I ran out of search results. Found lots of hits of him telling me I was wrong tho.

I then searched out "mnem wrong" and I found... numerous hits for Cerebus telling me I'm wrong. And 3 hits where I said I was wrong plainly and clearly.

And when I pointed it out to him, did he admit it...? No. First it was turning the tables aboot how I didn't really say I was wrong. Or... and this is too precious... how the fact that I do sometimes admit I'm wrong is also wrong...

But not a single time where he could bring himself to say those 3 little words.

Even when I was butting heads with Robert, he had no problem admitting it; in fact, took great care to make sure of it.

Now... I'm sure there has to be some instance where C has actually said it in here... I'm just saying I couldn't find it.

And now, can he so much as bring himself to even think that maybe his words had something to do with my reaction...?

No... because again... no matter what... I am wrong. :palm:

So from now on... I'm just not going to respond anymore. To anything he says. I just don't have the GAF left.

mnem
There's a "married life" joke in there somewhere... but I'm just too drained to figure it out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 09:37:04 pm by mnementh »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #83397 on: February 21, 2021, 09:40:33 pm »
I'd make popcorn but I'm fresh out. For now I'm stepping out and gonna go watch TV for the rest of the evening.

Hopefully this thread will still be here in the morning.  :o :palm:

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83398 on: February 21, 2021, 09:44:37 pm »
Gonna need either someone who nativly speaks german or is very drunk to translate this eBay message...

Hi

I wanzend to ask, in the „ TV“ Bülow in also in the Price?

Trank you

My guess to this question would be that they are asking if the TV shown in the photo below the item that are selling, also included in the price. In your listing for HP Hewlett Packard 8112A you show a oscilloscope, perhaps the buyer thinks its a TV  :-DD

https://www.ebay.de/itm/HP-Hewlett-Packard-8112A-Pulse-Generator-50MHz/143925301573?epid=4008191367&hash=item21829dd145:g:sGgAAOSwzM5gCwmz

Edit: Oh shit, I've caught the same problem as Robert has, I should have read the other postings before replying, this has been covered before with the same conclusion  :palm:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 09:53:23 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83399 on: February 21, 2021, 09:50:43 pm »
you may want to add the question to the listing, including your answer.

Or put something in like: the scope is extra.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf