Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17853398 times)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #82500 on: February 14, 2021, 01:48:30 pm »
Chucked our tea in the sea that’s why  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82501 on: February 14, 2021, 01:49:59 pm »
Chucked our tea in the sea that’s why  :-DD

That's where it fucking belongs.  :P :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82502 on: February 14, 2021, 01:50:38 pm »
Edit: just remembered what the cards were: anyone remember those shitty hand held scanners you had to roll over stuff? House full of them!
Yeah, I had one of those, at the time being able to scan at an affordable price was a pipe dream so I snapped one of those up really quickly only to discover if you wanted to scan something from a book or magazine, they less than ideal  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82503 on: February 14, 2021, 01:59:55 pm »
Gee, I thought Britannia ruled the waves? Apparently not.  :o :-DD

It's more than a century since that was true. Considerably more.

Well we have Trident still  :-DD
Yeah, but that's normally below the waves aint it?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82504 on: February 14, 2021, 02:10:58 pm »
if you are trying to break the lock-down rules, I suggest that don't come to Essex then, you have been warned  :-DD

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/essex-covid-couple-drive-250-5001200?utm_source=essex_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Edit. In case anyone not familiar with Essex, the trip from West Mersea to Colchester mentioned in the link is just 8 miles and that young man got pulled over, I doubt his number plate had anything to do that, but everything to do with either the timing or he was reported for picking up his girlfriend  :palm:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:10:23 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82505 on: February 14, 2021, 02:16:29 pm »
Got my Covid jab last Thursday and I'm under 60. SWMBO is vunerable so as her carer I got one the same time as her. Well why wouldn't you when I'm sat in a chair right next to her.  Hers was actually quite late as medical advice was she waited for the AstraZeneca.

Blood on equipment normally preceeded by the thought, if this slips....
Be prepared for a slightly sore shoulder and neck for a while now then. I had a flue jab about 4 weeks ago and the Covid jab last week, in the same arm and it is aching now.

No problem with the Covid jab apart from a slight headache and fever on Friday. SWMBO was the same. Had this years 'flu jab just over a month ago and that was another matter.  Whole upper arm red, swolen and hot to the touch, wiped me out completely, had to take 2 days off work  :--

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #82506 on: February 14, 2021, 02:18:50 pm »
In case your wondering how to remove bloodstains from vintage grey faux-leather HP gear: Acetone.   End of message.
How often do we have to tell people? If you're going to bludgeon someone, use the Fluke 25! The "safe for explosive atmosphere" seals means that you can just dump it in the sink and scrub it. Bonus: no matter how hard you bludgeon you can still use the meter to take readings immediately afterward.

To the surprise of absolutely noone, the blood was spilled by yours truly.

Yes, yes... but whose blood was it...?

mnem
Please help... I'm bleeding to death...
Mind the carpet, it's Persian!!!
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #82507 on: February 14, 2021, 02:19:40 pm »
Got my Covid jab last Thursday and I'm under 60. SWMBO is vunerable so as her carer I got one the same time as her. Well why wouldn't you when I'm sat in a chair right next to her.  Hers was actually quite late as medical advice was she waited for the AstraZeneca.

Be prepared for a slightly sore shoulder and neck for a while now then. I had a flue jab about 4 weeks ago and the Covid jab last week, in the same arm and it is aching now.

I suspect it depends on which vaccine.

My mother had no side effects with the Oxford AstraZenica, I know of someone with muscular aches 2 days after the Pfizer. In addition it is not necessary to wait 15 mins after the AstraZenica vaccine to ensure no adverse reaction.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82508 on: February 14, 2021, 02:23:01 pm »
I’ve just eaten and I’m hungry again now  :-DD
   The house stinks soooo goood right now...
mnem
 >:D
Just seen this and want it for breakfast now  :scared:

You know it's gonna be good when you lift it out onto the cutting board to firm up and enough pieces fall off to make a plate for you and another for your wife...  ;D

And in retaliation, this morning my wife made me fried eggs, sausage and french toast for breakfast. Life is good.   

mnem
*going back for another of that roast*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 02:51:45 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82509 on: February 14, 2021, 02:23:56 pm »
Heads up if anyone hasn't had it yet. To back tggzzz up, the Pfizer has some potentially nasty side effects. My mother had that and her arm swelled up and had horrible headaches for 3 days. Then fine  :-//

Just got completely outbid on a Fluke 87 III which went for £160. At that price I think I'd throw another 130 at it and get a brand new 87V  :-//

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82510 on: February 14, 2021, 02:32:56 pm »

It's more than a century since that was true. Considerably more.

A century...? Pfffftttt... They have cheeses older than that. :-DD

mnem

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82511 on: February 14, 2021, 02:39:27 pm »

My mother had no side effects with the Oxford AstraZenica, I know of someone with muscular aches 2 days after the Pfizer. In addition it is not necessary to wait 15 mins after the AstraZenica vaccine to ensure no adverse reaction.

With the AstraZeneca jab the protocol locally was to awit 15 minutes if you driving.
Different people may get dfferent responses to different vaccines.
Worst I had was after getting Yellow Fever, Cholera, Typhoid and Hepatitis A/B vaccines at the same time  :palm:

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82512 on: February 14, 2021, 02:40:25 pm »

Thats strange because I had the AstraZenica jab, and I was asked if I walked or drove to the vaccination centre and I replied, drove, I was told to go and sit in the car for 15 minutes before attempting to drive. My Mother in Law had her jab at the same centre 3 weeks ago, also had the same vaccine but had to sit in another room for 15 minutes before they would let her go, she didn't drive, Brother in Law drove her. Seems to be conflicting advice being given out.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82513 on: February 14, 2021, 02:45:58 pm »
Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

The Italian newspapers are riding the hipe wave!!!
nice... but until we come back in soccer properly... this is just a calmant.

I'm sure we still would had the organisers not claimed that adding a couple of 23 pounders loaded with grapeshot to the yacht was somehow "unsporting". I ask you...
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82514 on: February 14, 2021, 02:46:03 pm »
Heads up if anyone hasn't had it yet. To back tggzzz up, the Pfizer has some potentially nasty side effects. My mother had that and her arm swelled up and had horrible headaches for 3 days. Then fine  :-//

Just got completely outbid on a Fluke 87 III which went for £160. At that price I think I'd throw another 130 at it and get a brand new 87V  :-//

Yeah... OTOH, who's to say that isn't just because it's actually working...? This rollout is not primary deployment... it is also the large-scale human trials as well. We really have only relatively tiny sample sizes to base our predicitions of effectiveness upon so far.  :palm:

I'd still rather have my 189 than a V, myself.

mnem
 :-/O

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #82515 on: February 14, 2021, 02:52:59 pm »
To the surprise of absolutely noone, the blood was spilled by yours truly.

Yes, yes...  We all guessed that.

The better question is "how did you do it?"  Stab yourself with the equipment itself?  Slip with a utility knife during a hot and heavy repair session?  Drop something your head while trying to place some sort of heavy gear on a high shelf, slicing head open and bleed all over everything, requiring stitches?

(P.S.  I did that last one myself a few months ago.  Well done.  Well done, I say...   :palm:)
(P.P.S. That one was caused partially by the complete failure of a rivet in a ladder, but more so due to my total failure to anticipate that particular outcome as being highly likely given the precarious situation.   :palm:)

Was pushing out the display module of a 5328 HP counter. Did you know TH components have tiny pointy pieces of wire protruding from the other side of the PCB? You know, sharp ones?

The following users thanked this post: capt bullshot

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82516 on: February 14, 2021, 02:55:30 pm »

No problem with the Covid jab apart from a slight headache and fever on Friday. SWMBO was the same. Had this years 'flu jab just over a month ago and that was another matter.  Whole upper arm red, swolen and hot to the touch, wiped me out completely, had to take 2 days off work  :--

That was most probably not the vaccine but the actual jab. That sounds very much like cellulitis caused by a deep puncture wound. I've had exactly the same from an injection where the injection site wasn't properly sterilised before sticking the needle in.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82517 on: February 14, 2021, 02:58:42 pm »

Yeah... OTOH, who's to say that isn't just because it's actually working...? This rollout is not primary deployment... it is also the large-scale human trials as well. We really have only relatively tiny sample sizes to base our predicitions of effectiveness upon so far.  :palm:

I'd still rather have my 189 than a V, myself.

mnem
 :-/O
I OTOH would rather have a 867
Who let Murphy in?

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82518 on: February 14, 2021, 03:19:44 pm »
Home by 2pm and some relaxing watching the Pommie yachties get beaten twice again by the Italians. 4 nil !  :-DD

The Italian newspapers are riding the hipe wave!!!
nice... but until we come back in soccer properly... this is just a calmant.

I'm sure we still would had the organisers not claimed that adding a couple of 23 pounders loaded with grapeshot to the yacht was somehow "unsporting". I ask you...

Well, if you DID have the 23 pounders on board you would have been heavier and therefore much slower and lost by an even wider margin.  :P :P :P :-DD 

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82519 on: February 14, 2021, 03:28:48 pm »
If you have enough powder and grapeshot, all you need do is cross the finish line to win.  >:D

mnem
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:56:57 pm by mnementh »

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #82520 on: February 14, 2021, 03:49:55 pm »

Thats strange because I had the AstraZenica jab, and I was asked if I walked or drove to the vaccination centre and I replied, drove, I was told to go and sit in the car for 15 minutes before attempting to drive. My Mother in Law had her jab at the same centre 3 weeks ago, also had the same vaccine but had to sit in another room for 15 minutes before they would let her go, she didn't drive, Brother in Law drove her. Seems to be conflicting advice being given out.

My mother wasn't driving, and maybe advice has changed with experience. She had it a couple of weeks ago.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82521 on: February 14, 2021, 04:11:08 pm »

With the AstraZeneca jab the protocol locally was to awit 15 minutes if you driving.
Different people may get dfferent responses to different vaccines.
Worst I had was after getting Yellow Fever, Cholera, Typhoid and Hepatitis A/B vaccines at the same time  :palm:

The yellow fever vaccine is no fun. I was sick for 2 days when I got it :-\
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:15:18 pm by Kosmic »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #82522 on: February 14, 2021, 04:53:11 pm »
Looking like skyscrapers in the distance the display gallery of defective CRT's has grown by one. In the left rear is a 465B with poor focus. Right rear a 7904 with internal HV short. Left front the 485 I just pulled with the potential arcing issue. And right front a 561B with very low emission.

You can see how the ceramic CRT technology evolved from simple angles in the 561B to more curvature in the later versions. The 561A was the first scope to get a ceramic CRT and it looks identical to this 561B CRT. They have slightly different operating characteristics due to the A having a vacuum tube PSU and the B having a solid state PSU.

I don't have a defective 2400 series CRT which would be the last ceramic CRT made but I think they look more or less look identical to the ones here.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, capt bullshot, bd139, FransW, syau, jxjbsd

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82523 on: February 14, 2021, 05:03:30 pm »

This was waiting for me when I came downstairs.

mnem
She gets me.

The following users thanked this post: med6753, Specmaster, Mortymore, bd139, ch_scr

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82524 on: February 14, 2021, 05:12:52 pm »
Cheaper to buy one yourself  :-DD

More seriously, nice  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf