Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16737175 times)

Vince and 93 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #81400 on: February 02, 2021, 09:27:11 pm »
My little 485 project is turning into a major shit show. "Modular Construction" with a bunch of caveats. Big caveats. No pictures right now. I've decided I have aggravated myself enough for one day. Perhaps tomorrow.

Tek engineers were smart guys but sometimes I wonder.  :palm:

You know that time I said I’d never fix another 4xx. That’s how it started.  :-DD

To extrapolate further. Much like Perl being a write only programming language, some of the Tek 4xx machines are construct only  >:(. Decided punching myself in the balls wasn’t a fun hobby.

You should take up 3DP then. Oh, and FreeCAD.  :-DD

mnem
Technically, it's not punching yourself if you build a ball-punching machine...  >:D

You mean fritz with FreeCAD and the self constructed machine for six weeks to make a mutant ball punching machine in black PLA that merely fluffs them a bit when I could have just bought a ball punching machine for 10% of the financial and time investment :-DD  :popcorn:

Or just asked one of these to do it for you.

Or not. Just standing quietly for ten minutes watching her would probably elicit the desired behaviour.
Oh dear me, now that is really being cruel, she would not stop at punching him in the balls, she'd probably kick him in them as well and then empty his bank account  :o :o  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #81401 on: February 02, 2021, 09:29:37 pm »
I am both aroused and terrified at the same time.  >:D

mnem

Good thing I'm fireproof... 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:32:26 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #81402 on: February 02, 2021, 09:31:35 pm »
My little 485 project is turning into a major shit show. "Modular Construction" with a bunch of caveats. Big caveats. No pictures right now. I've decided I have aggravated myself enough for one day. Perhaps tomorrow.

You know that time I said I’d never fix another 4xx. That’s how it started.  :-DD

To extrapolate further. Much like Perl being a write only programming language, some of the Tek 4xx machines are construct only  >:(. Decided punching myself in the balls wasn’t a fun hobby.

mnem
Technically, it's not punching yourself if you build a ball-punching machine...  >:D

You mean fritz with FreeCAD and the self constructed machine for six weeks to make a mutant ball punching machine in black PLA that merely fluffs them a bit when I could have just bought a ball punching machine for 10% of the financial and time investment :-DD  :popcorn:

Or not. Just standing quietly for ten minutes watching her would probably elicit the desired behaviour.
Oh dear me, now that is really being cruel, she would not stop at punching him in the balls, she'd probably kick him in them as well and then empty his bank account  :o :o  :-DD

OMG. So beautiful and batshit crazy. You just had to drum up those memories, didn't you? Can I call you a cunt?  :P :P :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81403 on: February 02, 2021, 09:33:20 pm »
*backs slowly away from the Dead Smurf Walkin'...*

mnem
"Awww, c'mon red... That shit splatters; at least lemme get a few yards away before you start hacking...''
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:08:58 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81404 on: February 02, 2021, 09:33:38 pm »
newest idea of our local dictators: prohibit single family homes (currently in Hamburg, about to come in Berlin) under the pretense of ecological progress.

Freedom to choose your own home: gone. Human rights are suddenly labelled privileges in Germany.

For many it will be back to GDR economy including payments in goods and crypto. The deindustrialization of Germany is in full swing. So, the ailing British economy may indeed take over and collect the pieces, if the chinese leave some crumbs for you to pick up.

Holly crap, it's true, and goes like this already for a year  :scared:
Just some references here:
https://www.tellerreport.com/business/2021-01-26-%0A---single-family-houses--popular-but-soon-banned-in-germany--%0A--.HJfzgXtpJO.html

Sauce:
https://www.welt.de/finanzen/immobilien/plus225010571/Einfamilienhaeuser-Beliebt-aber-bald-in-Deutschland-verboten.html

Mannheim is next  :palm:
Holy crap, I mis-read that, I thought it meant a ban on single people lining living on their own in a house  ::)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:39:01 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81405 on: February 02, 2021, 09:41:11 pm »

mnem

Thats it, make it easier for her.  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #81406 on: February 02, 2021, 10:24:41 pm »

Have fun getting at the EHT section :(

They squeezed a lot into the cabinet - but nowhere near as much as HP in the 856x portable spectrum analyzers.

Horrible to service, those..

I decided to remove the RIFAs. Naturally the PSU is in the centre, buried under at least 3 board assemblies. Fortunately the boards are on remarkable fold-out hinges, so it wasn't intolerable. But it was nerve wracking.

Replacing the fan in my Tek 492 was equally entertaining - that are some really weird cables and connection and assemblies there!
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #81407 on: February 02, 2021, 11:00:38 pm »

mnem

A horny dwagon  :scared: I'm outta here............
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #81408 on: February 02, 2021, 11:18:23 pm »

mnem

She could have my soul.  I'm not using it.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81409 on: February 02, 2021, 11:23:37 pm »
Mines still in for repair  :-DD

Found a unicorn item on eBay. Only problem is I know the seller and he’s a prick.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #81410 on: February 02, 2021, 11:26:36 pm »
Here you go Bd. It's in South London.  ;D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143934304443?fbclid=IwAR0XDWA4MdD9t7ERY4k8QF67XAeL5TKG7bQ1T24hHcNjPfD7l5fFJxE-rBU

Edit...it's super clean and everything is there. If it were here I'd grab it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:28:14 pm by med6753 »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #81412 on: February 02, 2021, 11:29:28 pm »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81413 on: February 02, 2021, 11:30:58 pm »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143934304443?fbclid=IwAR0XDWA4MdD9t7ERY4k8QF67XAeL5TKG7bQ1T24hHcNjPfD7l5fFJxE-rBU

Damn that is only about 40 minutes from here  :scared:
Looks real tidy too.  :-+
Grab it before the tube robbers do !  :scared:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81414 on: February 02, 2021, 11:33:29 pm »

Honestly I would love to hit that but I can’t actually think of anywhere to put it  :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #81415 on: February 02, 2021, 11:37:11 pm »

Honestly I would love to hit that but I can’t actually think of anywhere to put it  :-DD

That clean and complete...it would probably power right up like it was last used yesterday. If it were here I wouldn't even place a bid. I'd pay his $275 asking price. It's worth it.  :-+

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81416 on: February 03, 2021, 12:27:40 am »

She could have my soul.  I'm not using it.

-Pat
I'm using mine... but I think I could spare a little chi for that.  >:D

mnem

That's it, make it easier for her.  :-DD :-DD

I may be a shameless dwagon-ho, however I am anything but easy.  :-DD

A horny dwagon  :scared: I'm outta here............

*~...I like it when they bite and scratch... ooooooohhh.... especially when they bite...~*

Oh... were you right there...? Sorry... It's not like I expected you to watch. ;)

mnem
But I'm not gonna rule anything out either; not where that little smoulder is concerned...  >:D

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81417 on: February 03, 2021, 01:20:38 am »

I'd happily send you the 4 inches that dropped here overnight. Good thing I wasn't planning on going to work today...

:-//  14.5ºC and sunny here in London.

Too bloody hot already  :-DD

Hear that funny sound?
That's Australians' teeth chattering! ;D

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #81418 on: February 03, 2021, 05:32:32 am »
Indeed.  20ºC is where the habitable zone starts.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #81419 on: February 03, 2021, 07:22:40 am »
Dropped back to 18.5C as the Seabreeze has come in here at 6.30pm the tough decision is to get a jacket on and drink more Beer outside or go inside and have to open the doors and windows and drink more Beer.

Aussie Coastal Summer quandaries  :-DD

On TEA Crusty Scopemeter should be in tomorrow but likely be at the beach as we should get to 30+C  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81420 on: February 03, 2021, 07:34:21 am »
FFS UPS have really fucked this one up. This is a domestic delivery:

Yes it’s at Frankfurt. How the hell?!?!?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81421 on: February 03, 2021, 07:45:09 am »
Dropped back to 18.5C as the Seabreeze has come in here at 6.30pm the tough decision is to get a jacket on and drink more Beer outside or go inside and have to open the doors and windows and drink more Beer.

On TEA Crusty Scopemeter should be in tomorrow but likely be at the beach as we should get to 30+C  >:D
Fishing Bean ?
Or perving ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #81422 on: February 03, 2021, 07:49:19 am »

Fishing Bean ?
Or perving ?

In spite of being a male of the species I can multitask & Hobie's are more or less silent to avoid spooking the prey too :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #81423 on: February 03, 2021, 08:27:47 am »
Indeed.  20ºC is where the habitable zone starts.

Welcome to my world. This is from yesterday, and it was around 0°C -- overnight it's gone down to -7° since it stopped snowing. We've got some 100mm during yesterday.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81424 on: February 03, 2021, 08:33:03 am »
newest idea of our local dictators: prohibit single family homes (currently in Hamburg, about to come in Berlin) under the pretense of ecological progress.

Freedom to choose your own home: gone. Human rights are suddenly labelled privileges in Germany.

For many it will be back to GDR economy including payments in goods and crypto. The deindustrialization of Germany is in full swing. So, the ailing British economy may indeed take over and collect the pieces, if the chinese leave some crumbs for you to pick up.

Holly crap, it's true, and goes like this already for a year  :scared:
Just some references here:
https://www.tellerreport.com/business/2021-01-26-%0A---single-family-houses--popular-but-soon-banned-in-germany--%0A--.HJfzgXtpJO.html

Sauce:
https://www.welt.de/finanzen/immobilien/plus225010571/Einfamilienhaeuser-Beliebt-aber-bald-in-Deutschland-verboten.html

Mannheim is next  :palm:

??? What are you guys talking about? Just because one local area decides that single family houses are a bad idea, in no way means that any other area will decide to do the same thing. That's just typical scare-mongering. This type of zoning is a completely normal activity. Just like they wouldn't allow anyone to build a 100 storey sky scraper in the middle of Heidelberg, they can also decide that single houses can't be built in certain areas too.

We should be glad that government is keeping an eye on what can and can't be built, otherwise you might find that your newly built single family house in the village is suddenly squeezed between a 10 storey carpark and an Ikea. It's the un-elected developers we should be worried about, not the people keeping them in check.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens, dl6lr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf