Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17687441 times)

Vince, Wolfgang and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #79025 on: January 07, 2021, 10:26:52 am »
re Washington DC

This was plain stupid. An absolute 100% way to completely negate any legitimacy to the voter fraud claim.

The way of the narcicist.
 :palm:

The Dems are more subtle in such things. (and I also think that there was voter fraud, however any claim just went up in riots).

The last time the Capital had been occupied was when the British burned it in 1814.  :o
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79026 on: January 07, 2021, 10:36:07 am »
This was in my e-mail this morning. Another shipping upgrade. This order is the capacitors for the Sansui amplifier.

Dear SIR CAPALOT;

Your purchase order number XXXXXXXX is being processed by our warehouse and will ship out on 01/07/2021

We appreciate you placing this order through our website.

You requested your order be shipped by UPS 2nd DAY AIR.
To ensure that you receive your order on the day you expected it, Mouser has upgraded your order to ship UPS NEXT DAY AIR at no additional charge to you.

You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business.
If you have any questions, comments, or if we can assist you in any way please let us know.
You can reply directly to this e-mail.

Thank you,

The Mouser Internet Sales Team

When you place an order with Mouser they give you a committed ship date. Perhaps due to staff issues or volume, or both, they missed that date. So as a result rather than the 2 day UPS air I paid for I get 1 day UPS air. They could very easily say "sorry, your order will ship a day late" but they don't. They keep the committed delivery date. Customer service at it's finest.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, AVGresponding

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79027 on: January 07, 2021, 10:44:26 am »
re Washington DC

This was plain stupid. An absolute 100% way to completely negate any legitimacy to the voter fraud claim.

The way of the narcicist.

The Dems are more subtle in such things. (and I also think that there was voter fraud, however any claim just went up in riots).

Interesting, what makes you think there was voter fraud when Trump is unable to actually produce any real evidence to back his claim?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79028 on: January 07, 2021, 10:51:32 am »
Could we please, please, with sugar on top, leave the friggin US politics out of the few forums not infected with this crap ?!?!?

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79029 on: January 07, 2021, 10:52:07 am »
This was in my e-mail this morning. Another shipping upgrade. This order is the capacitors for the Sansui amplifier.

Dear SIR CAPALOT;

Your purchase order number XXXXXXXX is being processed by our warehouse and will ship out on 01/07/2021

To ensure that you receive your order on the day you expected it, Mouser has upgraded your order to ship UPS NEXT DAY AIR at no additional charge to you.

If you have any questions, comments, or if we can assist you in any way please let us know.

Thank you,

When you place an order with Mouser they give you a committed ship date. Perhaps due to staff issues or volume, or both, they missed that date. So as a result rather than the 2 day UPS air I paid for I get 1 day UPS air. They could very easily say "sorry, your order will ship a day late" but they don't. They keep the committed delivery date. Customer service at it's finest.  :-+
That is pretty good service although they are a bit forward, aren't they? I mean they even have their own pet name for you, which they forgot to remove it when addressing the message to you, by that I mean Dear Sir Capalot  :palm: :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79030 on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:50 am »

Dear SIR CAPALOT;

Thank you,

That is pretty good service although they are a bit forward, aren't they? I mean they even have their own pet name for you, which they forgot to remove it when addressing the message to you, by that I mean Dear Sir Capalot  :palm: :-DD :-DD :-DD

No, they addressed it by my real name. I edited it.  :P :-DD

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #79031 on: January 07, 2021, 11:09:35 am »

No, they addressed it by my real name. I edited it.  :P :-DD

As I've written upthread, I'm making good use of their shopping cart feature where one can set personal article nos on items. I'm using it to remind myself why I bought a specific value of component (for instance, the re-cap set I bought for the 8060 is annotated with the proper schematic identifiers for the components) .  This would be a logical extension, assumption of nick name based on buying patterns.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79032 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:46 am »
Could we please, please, with sugar on top, leave the friggin US politics out of the few forums not infected with this crap ?!?!?

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

Trust me, I'm with you. Along with the Brexit stuff and covid stuff. But unfortunately that creeping crap finds it way in here. It's so hard to ignore these overwhelming events and they do affect many of us.

And just wait until the Dragon wakes up and gets on his soap box.  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79033 on: January 07, 2021, 11:14:32 am »

Many thanks,
 DC1MC
Problem with this is that the shocking events of yesterday on Capitol Hill is such a bleeding rare event in a modern democracy that it is going to attract a certain amount of light discussion. I mean, it is the topic that everyone in the world is talking about right now. I believe the fact that we don't stick strictly to the subject matter is the reason this forum thread is so very popular.
Who let Murphy in?

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #79034 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:16 am »

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

Seconded.

A few "I'm shocked" comments are to be expected. I hope there is no to-and-fro "analysis" of the issue.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79035 on: January 07, 2021, 11:22:44 am »

Many thanks,
 DC1MC
Problem with this is that the shocking events of yesterday on Capitol Hill is such a bleeding rare event in a modern democracy that it is going to attract a certain amount of light discussion. I mean, it is the topic that everyone in the world is talking about right now. I believe the fact that we don't stick strictly to the subject matter is the reason this forum thread is so very popular.

Yeah, because if we don't talk it here as well nobody would have ever head of it, is not like EVERY frigging media, social or MSM, is not overflowing with this crap. Let the US people sort their shite and let's return to recapping old scopes and light on-toppic trolling ("...my neighbor is shooting some invisible rays that make my ears ringing and my dogs barking...").
I only have three day of vacation left and I need a place that still have some tranquillity.

Humble thanks,
DC1MC

The following users thanked this post: med6753

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #79036 on: January 07, 2021, 11:28:10 am »
Any interest in an experience report regarding repurposing that fpga mining board ?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, AVGresponding

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79037 on: January 07, 2021, 11:35:02 am »
Any interest in an experience report regarding repurposing that fpga mining board ?

Now that will be something interesting, I remember when I've had to bring up a similar board that was processing some very long wave infrared sensor signals (the sensor was made from some strange protein, it worked well, but not for long).
The first thing was to make a Windozian PCI driver followed by "how to update the FPGA bootstream", for long it was just a connector to the XILINX programmer  :-DD.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79038 on: January 07, 2021, 11:43:56 am »

Yeah, because if we don't talk it here as well nobody would have ever head of it, is not like EVERY frigging media, social or MSM, is not overflowing with this crap. Let the US people sort their shite and let's return to recapping old scopes and light on-toppic trolling ("...my neighbor is shooting some invisible rays that make my ears ringing and my dogs barking...").
I only have three day of vacation left and I need a place that still have some tranquillity.

Humble thanks,
DC1MC

I would love to contribute to the cause but right now I'm between projects. The Type 503 is done and passed multiple burn-in cycles and I'm waiting delivery of capacitors tomorrow for the Sansui amplifier. 

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79039 on: January 07, 2021, 11:47:26 am »
Indeed. The same. Too damn busy for TE at the moment  :'(

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #79040 on: January 07, 2021, 11:56:15 am »
First day back at work here. Got to tell the Cisco TAC there's an error in the documentation. TE related, at that. The 10MHz and 1PPS i/o on the ASR 9001 are NOT as stated in the manual SMB plugs, they're DIN 1.0/2.3.  :palm:

Guess what I just bought?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #79041 on: January 07, 2021, 12:10:43 pm »
Time to go fishing, bait the hook with Fluke and Cast it casually in @Brumby's backyard  >:D eBay auction: #274634228659 I spent this weeks pocket money already  :-DD

It's a lot closer than other things you've lobbed in my path - and it's in a manageable price range.  You have awakened my consciousness of the HP counter awaiting my attention - yet this item is still holds my interest.

Your timing is curious, however.  Just a couple of days ago I squirreled $200 away - earmarked for TEA.  (Have you been peeking over my shoulder?)

NanoVNA and TinySA were on the list - then the new BM786 pops up ... ... ... then you drop in this contribution.

Decisions ... decisions ... decisions.

The following users thanked this post: wolfy007, beanflying

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #79042 on: January 07, 2021, 12:16:05 pm »
Time to go fishing, bait the hook with Fluke and Cast it casually in @Brumby's backyard  >:D eBay auction: #274634228659 I spent this weeks pocket money already  :-DD

It's a lot closer than other things you've lobbed in my path - and it's in a manageable price range.  You have awakened my consciousness of the HP counter awaiting my attention - yet this item is still holds my interest.

Your timing is curious, however.  Just a couple of days ago I squirreled $200 away - earmarked for TEA.  (Have you been peeking over my shoulder?)

NanoVNA and TinySA were on the list - then the new BM786 pops up ... ... ... then you drop in this contribution.

No need for a Mastech MS8911?    :D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #79043 on: January 07, 2021, 12:22:22 pm »
I've got the 8910 and hardly use that .... but the 8911 is on the list (lower down).

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79044 on: January 07, 2021, 12:23:06 pm »

I have one and it's a decent counter. That's a good price. Go for it.  :-+ ;D

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #79045 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:35 pm »
I'm in the wrong place to be talked out of this .... aren't I?

(That's not an invitation for anyone to try!!)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79046 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:37 pm »
I've got the 8910 and hardly use that .... but the 8911 is on the list (lower down).

One cannot have too many counters, or DMM's, or scopes, etc, etc.  :P :-DD

Edit.....yes...you've come to the wrong place to be talked out of it.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #79047 on: January 07, 2021, 12:28:42 pm »
Before EEVblog I had 1 scope ..... now I have 7 (or is it 8?) - BUT I did have a dozen or so multimeters (and that number has gone up as well.)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #79048 on: January 07, 2021, 12:29:22 pm »
I've messaged the seller to confirm pick up is available.

Calling it tonight.... I have a really early start tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:32:03 pm by Brumby »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #79049 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:07 pm »
Before EEVblog I had 1 scope ..... now I have 7 (or is it 8?) - BUT I did have a dozen or so multimeters (and that number has gone up as well.)

Before EEVblog I had 1 scope.....now I have...not sure. This represents only about half the total.  :P :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, Mortymore, FransW, Kosmic, jxjbsd

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf