Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18074054 times)

ch_scr and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #76700 on: December 04, 2020, 02:47:53 pm »
Are they unobtainium then?

Not really, could be, that one can be found at a hamfest or so.
There is a seller in Germany which has some of them but he is selling them only as a bundle with the URV 4.
279 Euro for the URV 4 and 199 Euro for the URV-Z4 50 Ohm (N-connectors).
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76701 on: December 04, 2020, 02:51:18 pm »

At least as was taught to me in Home Ec, the history of what we call pizza (the particular combination of open-faced pan-bread, with cheese and sweet tomato sauce) is a bit more... American. This was devised by Italian American immigrants; they couldn't get locals to buy Calzone due to racism-fueled distrust of the contents, and eventually they started making it open-faced so their customers could see the ingredients. Soon being able to pick your toppings turned into a feature of the dish, and a international phenomenon was born.  :-//

mnem
That's still no excuse for anchovies. Here, let's put some blobs of axle grease on there while we're at it...

Correct, and there is NOTHING like genuine NY pizza as devised by those Italian immigrants. We even have a few of those genuine pizzerias up here because of a large Italian population.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76703 on: December 04, 2020, 03:12:13 pm »
Anchovies are fine. Pineapple is the one that grosses me out. I mean what the fuck?!?

If you are a brave man, then order a pizza Hawaii in the center of Rome.  :-DD

That's merely to be done if you think Italian hospital food might be interesting. If you are tired of living, do it in Naples.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76704 on: December 04, 2020, 03:13:23 pm »

At least as was taught to me in Home Ec, the history of what we call pizza (the particular combination of open-faced pan-bread, with cheese and sweet tomato sauce) is a bit more... American. This was devised by Italian American immigrants; they couldn't get locals to buy Calzone due to racism-fueled distrust of the contents, and eventually they started making it open-faced so their customers could see the ingredients. Soon being able to pick your toppings turned into a feature of the dish, and a international phenomenon was born.  :-//

mnem
That's still no excuse for anchovies. Here, let's put some blobs of axle grease on there while we're at it...

Correct, and there is NOTHING like genuine NY pizza as devised by those Italian immigrants. We even have a few of those genuine pizzerias up here because of a large Italian population.

Yup. I grew up walking distance (as in, I walked past them on my way to/from school) from Caruso's Pizza in Pittsburgh; one such establishment run by an absolutely stereotypical New York Italian couple who moved to Pittsburgh to stay near their son when he was hired by Carnegie-Mellon University.

I swear, Panucci's Pizza was modeled on them, only she was an absolute Nazi (an adorable, Italian grandmotherly Nazi) aboot keeping the place clean & neat. No mean feat, considering the place was the favored hangout of all the privileged yuppie teenage punks I went to school with. Now that I think of it, she was probably that way BECAUSE it was the favored hangout thereof...  :o

mnem
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:20:43 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76705 on: December 04, 2020, 03:17:28 pm »
Anchovies are fine. Pineapple is the one that grosses me out. I mean what the fuck?!?

If you are a brave man, then order a pizza Hawaii in the center of Rome.  :-DD

That's merely to be done if you think Italian hospital food might be interesting. If you are tired of living, do it in Naples.

So... dinner and a show...?  :-//

mnem
*currently trying to prepare for an afternoon of waiting in the Apple Store*

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76706 on: December 04, 2020, 04:43:47 pm »
Someone please rescue this, collection only from Colchester;

eBay auction: #333812409323

Seller has lots of other TE too for those nearby.

David

Not too far from me BUT joined ebay a year ago and no feedback or activity.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76707 on: December 04, 2020, 04:53:28 pm »

David

Well, take a chance. Ebay will protect you.  |O ::)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76708 on: December 04, 2020, 04:56:32 pm »

David

This seller does NOT have anything else listed when I checked just now,  :wtf:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76709 on: December 04, 2020, 05:02:46 pm »

David

I saw that too. Seems self defeating to put so much stuff collection only.

I do have bids/am watching a couple of his items that he is prepared to post.

Even better, my son works in Colchester.

Hopefully someone will save it from the choob thieves then.
The lack of feedback doesn't worry me too much, as some of the other listed items are visible in the background of the various items.
Still showing 15 items here, are you sure your on .co.uk and not .com?

David

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76710 on: December 04, 2020, 05:09:57 pm »

David

I saw that too. Seems self defeating to put so much stuff collection only.

I do have bids/am watching a couple of his items that he is prepared to post.

Even better, my son works in Colchester.

Hopefully someone will save it from the choob thieves then.
The lack of feedback doesn't worry me too much, as some of the other listed items are visible in the background of the various items.
Still showing 15 items here, are you sure your on .co.uk and not .com?

David
Very strange, I just a few minutes ago checked on his other items and found nothing. I remember checking when I first saw this item for sale a couple of days ago and he loads, just double checked and the other listings have appeared again  :-// :wtf:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76711 on: December 04, 2020, 05:26:45 pm »
It's because the link for the counter takes you to ebay.com and he does not sell to USA so no other items show up. Plug the descripton or number into ebay ,co,uk and then hit other items.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76712 on: December 04, 2020, 05:29:07 pm »

David

Cash on collection so no protection and against ebay rules.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #76713 on: December 04, 2020, 05:45:26 pm »
You might also want to take a close look at what's lurking in the background behind that HP rack stack...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hewlet-Packard-Test-Equipment-HP3582A-HP3585A-HP35601-HP11729C-HP8662A/114555994505

The Galv lattice masts ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76714 on: December 04, 2020, 05:59:14 pm »

David

No apparently cash on collection is fine these days on ePay uk, it says so on this page; https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/selling/getting-started/
The seller hasn't selected the right payment option when they listed the items.

David
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:03:36 pm by factory »

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #76715 on: December 04, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »
Microsoft shitshow.
Read.
About Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Hello, I have been trying for 5 days now to install this program, and honestly, I am absolutely fed up. I do like my systems to be uncluttered. The initial install went ok, even tho I could not see ANYTHING in market place, it was grayed out, and the deluxe and deluxe premium content was not there. However the windows store kept pushing me all those apps that I absolutely did not want on my PC. Also moved some of my stuff to Onedrive, which I tried to deinstall, but apparently it does not let itself be deinstalled. In order to prevent the flood of viruses and bloatware trashing my PC from your store I limited the download speed.
I tried the steps in your FAQs and tried to reinstall the game. Now, I cannot get past your patch download which is throttled to 5 mbps, there is no way to remove that throttling, I cannot get my paid content to work, even though I tried all the steps outlined, even reinstalled Windows from scratch. I spend more than 90 minutes on your support line with the Microsoft support staff deliberately opening all firewalls that were active on that computerand trying to install on a secondary disk (where my FPGA development stuff resides), basically forcing me to reinstall my system ..

I asked for a refund, because this is excessively intolerable. They put me on hold for almost an hour and hung up.

To be blunt: I feel completely defrauded. I paid for a product, cannot use it, and Microsoft support is more or less sabotaging my network by turning off firewalls, while at the same time the microsoft store keeps pushing unwanted bloatware onto my computer.
Your support person also wanted to install on my other SSD overwriting chip design software for several thousand euros.

While you might argue that pushing unwanted content and selling data was part of the service contract, disabling firewalls and trying to delete my FPGA development software in my network certainly is not, doing so without permission is absolutely inacceptable.

Games and simulations should be enjoyable. Your program is a major catastrophe causing real damage, especially given the fact, that the Microsoft service organization is in no way fit to deal with the issues arising from the bugs in your software.

I suggested a refund to your service, they declined, because it was bought retail, knowing very well, that once the package is opened it cannot be returned.

I still suggest a full refund to my PP account, I will gladly destroy all material related to the flight simulator.

If you decide to go that way you are free to scrub my microsoft account. The experience your online account provides, is abysmal. I only activated it to use your flight sim, but apparently paying for flight lessons is less painful.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76716 on: December 04, 2020, 06:18:42 pm »

David

Mmmmhmmm... the famous 2/2/2 Warranty; If you get it two minutes or two feet away and it breaks in half, you now own two pieces.  :-DD

mnem
"FORE!!!" ~What you're supposed to say when you think you're going to hit someone with a golf club... :o

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76717 on: December 04, 2020, 06:28:06 pm »
Microsoft shitshow.
Read.

Hello, I have been trying for 5 days now to install this program, and honestly, I am absolutely fed up. I do like my systems to be uncluttered. The initial install went ok, even tho I could not see ANYTHING in market place, it was grayed out, and the deluxe and deluxe premium content was not there. However the windows store kept pushing me all those apps that I absolutely did not want on my PC. Also moved some of my stuff to Onedrive, which I tried to deinstall, but apparently it does not let itself be deinstalled. In order to prevent the flood of viruses and bloatware trashing my PC from your store I limited the download speed.
I tried the steps in your FAQs and tried to reinstall the game. Now, I cannot get past your patch download which is throttled to 5 mbps, there is no way to remove that throttling, I cannot get my paid content to work, even though I tried all the steps outlined, even reinstalled Windows from scratch. I spend more than 90 minutes on your support line with the Microsoft support staff deliberately opening all firewalls that were active on that computerand trying to install on a secondary disk (where my FPGA development stuff resides), basically forcing me to reinstall my system ..

I asked for a refund, because this is excessively intolerable. They put me on hold for almost an hour and hung up.

To be blunt: I feel completely defrauded. I paid for a product, cannot use it, and Microsoft support is more or less sabotaging my network by turning off firewalls, while at the same time the microsoft store keeps pushing unwanted bloatware onto my computer.
Your support person also wanted to install on my other SSD overwriting chip design software for several thousand euros.

While you might argue that pushing unwanted content and selling data was part of the service contract, disabling firewalls and trying to delete my FPGA development software in my network certainly is not, doing so without permission is absolutely inacceptable.

Games and simulations should be enjoyable. Your program is a major catastrophe causing real damage, especially given the fact, that the Microsoft service organization is in no way fit to deal with the issues arising from the bugs in your software.

I suggested a refund to your service, they declined, because it was bought retail, knowing very well, that once the package is opened it cannot be returned.

I still suggest a full refund to my PP account, I will gladly destroy all material related to the flight simulator.

If you decide to go that way you are free to scrub my microsoft account. The experience your online account provides, is abysmal. I only activated it to use your flight sim, but apparently paying for flight lessons is less painful.

NFM .. Normal For Microsoft.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76718 on: December 04, 2020, 06:33:00 pm »
I feel your pain, m'dear... but you've ignored two cardinal rules of PC gaming: You never use a PC for gaming that you intend to use for anything productive. You never, EVER have it connected to your trusted network; you always connect via the Guest SSID or VPN to the outside world. addendum: Always (frequently) back it up to its own HDD or dedicated OneDrive; that way when it blows up, it cannot harm anything you actually need.

TL/DR version: Winblows makes an awesome game launcher. Just let it install all the crap MS and your gaming platform (Steam, etc) asks for without question, and never trust it with anything important.   :-DD

When you try to think for yourself and protect anything you hold dear, that is when it will shit all over you.

mnem
*punt*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:35:25 pm by mnementh »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76719 on: December 04, 2020, 06:34:40 pm »
Good advice.

I’m using a PC at the moment for games and a Mac for home and another PC for work  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, FransW

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #76720 on: December 04, 2020, 06:40:11 pm »
Keeping us properly off-topic; this is today's dinner. Home-made dough and sauce, italian truffle salami, onion, tomato slices, feta cheese, and grated mozarella.  I'm probably overloading it a bit, but that is just the TE definition of "overkill", i.e. the swedish "lagom".
Edit: forgot the tomato.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #76721 on: December 04, 2020, 06:44:03 pm »
No TE today but I can offer up this....

Technics (Panasonic) ST-K55 FM Tuner. For some reason the multiplex circuit in the Pioneer receiver went tits up and all FM is now in mono. Now I don't listen to FM crap radio all that often but when I do I would prefer it in super crappy stereo. The multiplex board in the Pioneer is buried under several other boards so I said screw it and I'll get a separate tuner. They are a dime a dozen and cheap on Ebay. So here it is. Not all that much under the covers.

Installed and it works fine.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:46:08 pm by med6753 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76722 on: December 04, 2020, 06:52:44 pm »

David

No apparently cash on collection is fine these days on ePay uk, it says so on this page; https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/selling/getting-started/
The seller hasn't selected the right payment option when they listed the items.

David

Cash on collection is OK Cash on collection ONLY is not OK. They have to accept PayPal as an option. There is a bit on mobile eBay that produces a 2D barcode to scan and confirm collection.

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76723 on: December 04, 2020, 06:58:29 pm »
Microsoft shitshow.
Read.

Trying to learn to fly without lessons is probably less painfull and quicker  >:D

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76724 on: December 04, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
 Silly price for a geiger counter on ebay
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geiger-Counter-Radiation-Detector-Dosimeter-Eagle-CO-96-1979-/143860131303
£3100  I can't work out why two people (one zero feedback) bid it this high but hve a feeling it won't be paid.
Seller is a house clearence type. I recognise the counter, sold it on ebay in 2011 for about £120.
I guess my cusomer died  :(

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf