Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16731164 times)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #74825 on: November 10, 2020, 11:06:40 pm »
That's exactly it. Also this one is positioned carefully so it's difficult to avoid it an easy for them to make money. The box junction is hugely long and people nip out when you've entered it and block you leaving it. They must make serious £££ every day.

Honestly at this point in time, the more I participate in society, the more it hurts me. So quite frankly I'm getting to the point it can fuck off and leave me alone :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:08:46 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, shakalnokturn

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74826 on: November 10, 2020, 11:08:23 pm »
Well having a shit day here. Firstly PC fan problems, then I got fined for stopping on a box junction because some cunt carved me up and blocked the exit, then something I sold on ebay blew up spectacularly on receipt and had to refund it  :palm:

Going to fucking bed  :-DD
How did they track you down, was it from a photo by chance, or a video recording? If it was the latter, then surely, the tape should also show why you had to stop in the box junction in the first instance  :-/O
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #74827 on: November 10, 2020, 11:11:27 pm »
They don't care. We're talking career civil service bureaucrats here; nothing they like more than shavin' the average Joe dry. ;)  This they can do from the comfort of a wheelie char, doing nothing but watching video all day long. All they have to do is submit the clip with you sitting there for more than half a sec; not the part where some asshat almost ran into ya.

As for ebay I sold my 6294A and it emitted a large amount of smoke on receipt :palm:. Seller provided photo of the fireworks.

Was that before or after the asshole tried to charge a 168V ebike battery widditt...?

mnem
 :popcorn:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:13:47 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74828 on: November 10, 2020, 11:12:27 pm »
Well having a shit day here. Firstly PC fan problems, then I got fined for stopping on a box junction because some cunt carved me up and blocked the exit, then something I sold on ebay blew up spectacularly on receipt and had to refund it  :palm:

How did they track you down, was it from a photo by chance, or a video recording? If it was the latter, then surely, the tape should also show why you had to stop in the box junction in the first instance  :-/O

No there's a camera on it. No video - I checked. It takes one photo when a car is stopped apparently. Which is fucking stupid as it's no proof. On that basis two cars in the below picture should be fined  :-DD

Location (A310 West Middlesex hospital). Traffic up front is always rammed so when there's a gap you have to clear the entire junction, which is difficult when some cunt pulls out of the hospital into it even though they have no right of way.

Camera:

Got letter in post today. This happened on the 4th of Nov.

As for ebay I sold my 6294A and it emitted a large amount of smoke on receipt :palm:. Seller provided photo of the fireworks.

Was that before or after the asshole tried to charge a 168V ebike battery widditt...?

It's not a fight I could win either way so  :-//
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:15:21 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74829 on: November 10, 2020, 11:16:58 pm »
Quick demonstration of how to kill one

Edit: no I'm not going to go and do this  :-DD
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:18:47 pm by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74830 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:36 pm »
Looks like this was just bd's "grab yer ankles" day... we all have one from time to time. ;)

mnem
I know you wouldn't care aboot the cat hit by a car... deal.  :P

alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #74831 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:48 pm »
OH OK.....those fucking cameras. Enough said.  :--
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #74832 on: November 10, 2020, 11:25:37 pm »
Quick demonstration of how to kill one

Edit: no I'm not going to go and do this  :-DD

This is how they are doing it in Zürich (Switzerland):

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74833 on: November 10, 2020, 11:27:00 pm »

No there's a camera on it. No video - I checked. It takes one photo when a car is stopped apparently. Which is fucking stupid as it's no proof. On that basis two cars in the below picture should be fined  :-DD

Location (A310 West Middlesex hospital). Traffic up front is always rammed so when there's a gap you have to clear the entire junction, which is difficult when some cunt pulls out of the hospital into it even though they have no right of way.

Camera:

Got letter in post today. This happened on the 4th of Nov.

It's not a fight I could win either way so  :-//
Gah, right I see, do you have a dashcam fitted? If you do, then download the footage and find the one that shows this arsehole cutting you up and appeal submitting the footage or at least a series of still frames taken from it so show that when you entered the box that your exit was clear and if the arsehole had not pulled out, you would not have been in the junction. Looking at the location, I don't see any traffic lights so what triggers the camera? I suggest that it is indeed a video camera and that someone has to sit and watch hours of footage looking for poor saps getting trapped in the junction, so that person must have seen the event unfold.

If you haven't got a dashcam, then bloody buy one quick and fit it quick, it can save you a ton of cash and also of protect your licence in the case of points build up for speeding etc the right camera can also record your speed so you can check to see if you were speeding or not and loads of other advantages they offer.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74834 on: November 10, 2020, 11:34:45 pm »
As I was discussing with Cerebus the other day, I have a RoadHawk one but it is unfortunately deceased and I can't be arsed to spend a significant amount of money on something that does about 40 miles a month at the moment. Plus in this case it'd be 6 days before so the footage would probably be gone. Plus the last time I appealed something with video evidence they just declined my evidence without even looking at it (I checked the server log for the link I had sent them on my web server).

This is probably karma balancing out for that dog shit bin I blew up when I was 15  :-DD :popcorn:

Right I am now departing to attempt to fuck up the moth buzzing around my phone screen  >:(

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74835 on: November 10, 2020, 11:36:02 pm »
This is how they are doing it in Zürich (Switzerland):

:-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74836 on: November 10, 2020, 11:37:08 pm »
Now that is bloody hilarious  :-DD

Edit: I am literally in tears of laughter here at that  :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74837 on: November 10, 2020, 11:58:07 pm »
As I was discussing with Cerebus the other day, I have a RoadHawk one but it is unfortunately deceased and I can't be arsed to spend a significant amount of money on something that does about 40 miles a month at the moment. Plus in this case it'd be 6 days before so the footage would probably be gone. Plus the last time I appealed something with video evidence they just declined my evidence without even looking at it (I checked the server log for the link I had sent them on my web server).

This is probably karma balancing out for that dog shit bin I blew up when I was 15  :-DD :popcorn:

Right I am now departing to attempt to fuck up the moth buzzing around my phone screen  >:(
Now you're being negative. Choose the correct type of camera, these days they can use SD cards of upto 128GB, my own has 128GB SD, records at 1440p for 8 hours, set the camera to 720p and that increases to 16 hours of videos so that would last you probably a month unless you go on a really long trip. Bang, that there could have squashed your fine. Camera and SD card cost me £96 from Amazon and if you got the max fine of £130, would have saved you money.

Your Road hawk was old technology, limited field of view 120 Deg as opposed to 140 Deg, max of 32GB (2 hours at 1080p) and also bloody expensive for what it offered.

Edit: You should have just printed out stills from the video footage and posted them, then they cannot use the excuse of not being allowed to download attachments because of viruses and malware etc., Geez, you should be aware of this, being in the IT industry, many corporate sites actively block or strip these anyway.  :palm:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:04:06 am by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74838 on: November 11, 2020, 12:45:23 am »
@med -

Read the website I posted. Another of those BS "civil penalty" camera ticket racketeering schemes. Similar traffic traps are being class-actioned all over the US as violation of right to face accuser, as there is no officer and no court. With traffic tickets it's outright illegal; they have to arrest a person, you can't give a ticket to a vehicle.

Interesting to see if similar legislation springs up other side of the pond over these.  :-//

mnem
 :popcorn:
Over here on this side of the pond, they do issue tickets to the vehicle, well to be precise, the registered keeper. Its then upto the keeper to accept the fine or challenge it for whatever reason, ie not the driver on that occasion etc. Only yesterday I had to drive across a red traffic light and block of the traffic on my right, who had the green light anyway, to give a fire engine a clear path as he had his blues and twos on If were to get a fine in the post for that, I have the answer, HD video footage on my dashcam of the fire engine to prove why I went through a red light.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74839 on: November 11, 2020, 01:10:24 am »
They've been replacing the speed cams by newer models around here, the previous ones were at hands reach and often covered in black paint.
The new ones are a biggish head on a 4m post, within the first week they were installed there was one cut at the foot, the vandals had gone to the trouble of leaving the cable in the post uncut.  >:D

https://www.thelocal.fr/20191017/speed-cameras-in-france-now-detect-if-your-car-has-insurance/amp
https://www.thelocal.fr/20191101/france-to-triple-its-arsenal-of-super-speed-cameras-by-2020/amp

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74840 on: November 11, 2020, 01:23:42 am »
Yep, I think that they will have those here soon as well. Currently, most of our police traffic cars have special cameras on board that can read a number plate and cross-check the registered keepers name and address, check if the car is on the wanted or stolen list, is currently taxed, insured and has a current MOT certificate or not. They can also automatically track known criminals without their knowledge.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74841 on: November 11, 2020, 01:35:19 am »
Yep, I think that they will have those here soon as well. Currently, most of our police traffic cars have special cameras on board that can read a number plate and cross-check the registered keepers name and address, check if the car is on the wanted or stolen list, is currently taxed, insured and has a current MOT certificate or not. They can also automatically track known criminals without their knowledge.

No, that's automatically track everybody without their knowledge. Check it out, you'll find they keep records of every vehicle to go past.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74842 on: November 11, 2020, 01:43:01 am »

No, that's automatically track everybody without their knowledge. Check it out, you'll find they keep records of every vehicle to go past.
Yes I was aware of that, but the system doesnt automatically flag anything of interest on every vehicle but it does if the vehicle is registered to a known criminal, especially a high profile one and automatically checks across the networks to see if any force has a particular interest on the vehicle / driver. This is how they can quickly pull over cars in the current lockdown that is not within a reasonable distance from home.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74843 on: November 11, 2020, 02:05:27 am »
And don't you find it disturbing that the police have a record of your vehicle's movements, probably going back years now, when there's no reason to suspect you? Or that it's something that the police have decided to do off their own bat, that has not been subject to parliamentary approval? I certainly do, Erich Honecker or the Stasi would have wet their knickers to have a system like that in place.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74844 on: November 11, 2020, 02:38:06 am »
Well yes, I don't like it but what can you do about it, nothing at all, short of fitting false plates or removing them altogether, either way, you're up shit creek.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74845 on: November 11, 2020, 03:06:09 am »
The more we militarize our Police, the more they feel and act like they're on a war footing with the people they're supposed to be protecting. It's no surprise silly little things like civil rights become transitive in their eyes.

Part of the reason that I have the utmost respect for most of your constabulary; they're out in the crowd, feet on the ground with their neighbors good and bad, and most of them without lethal weapons. Imagine that in the US, where most of the Police spend most of their time with a windshield between them and the public. And half of them with enough heavy metal in the trunk to neutralize a tank.

mnem
 :horse:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74846 on: November 11, 2020, 03:21:03 am »
Urrgghh. Just spent CAD$180 on a ladder to finish the roof on this shed. Gonna be spending another CAD$160 or so building a floor under it.

It's the "and sundries..." that just kill you on any of these projects.  |O   Still aboot $1000 less than anything I could buy ready made tho... :o

mnem
*poot*

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #74847 on: November 11, 2020, 03:34:54 am »
Over here on this side of the pond, they do issue tickets to the vehicle, well to be precise, the registered keeper. Its then upto the keeper to accept the fine or challenge it for whatever reason, ie not the driver on that occasion etc. Only yesterday I had to drive across a red traffic light and block of the traffic on my right, who had the green light anyway, to give a fire engine a clear path as he had his blues and twos on If were to get a fine in the post for that, I have the answer, HD video footage on my dashcam of the fire engine to prove why I went through a red light.

Here they're referred to as "owner liability tickets".  If a speed camera or a red light camera takes a picture of your car, they send you the bill as the registered owner but it's a cash fine only because it doesn't know who was at the controls driving it when the infraction happened, they can't award demerit points.

As usual, when it comes to cash grabs, the city of Toronto can't get enough cameras out there.  There was one down the street from where I parked when I was visiting relatives a couple months ago in a 30 km/hr zone.  I walked the car through at 20.  Not my problem.  Now down the road where I live, the banjo plucking doorknobs at our city hall didn't want to be outdone by Toronto so what they decided to do with the speed cameras they're putting out here is set the threshold at which they start fining people at 1 km/hr above the limit.  You read that correctly.  1 km/hr above the limit = fine even though most car speedometers aren't that accurate.  Even though a minor change in wheel size is going to throw it off.  Even though, for one example, the GPS app on my phone and the speedometer on my truck don't agree so which one, if any, is correct, and that applies to most people's vehicles.  The more this happens, the more I think I'm going to be walking my car past speed cameras well below the limit to avoid tickets for one, but hopefully to get a severely aggravated procession behind me just to make the point.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74848 on: November 11, 2020, 03:49:22 am »
They've been replacing the speed cams by newer models around here, the previous ones were at hands reach and often covered in black paint.
The new ones are a biggish head on a 4m post, within the first week they were installed there was one cut at the foot, the vandals had gone to the trouble of leaving the cable in the post uncut.  >:D

https://www.thelocal.fr/20191017/speed-cameras-in-france-now-detect-if-your-car-has-insurance/amp
https://www.thelocal.fr/20191101/france-to-triple-its-arsenal-of-super-speed-cameras-by-2020/amp

Looks like they're gonna need to triple their deployment just to keep up with the pyros over there...  :-DD

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190823/dozens-of-frances-new-invincible-speed-cameras-have-already-been-vandalised

mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a camera mallet*

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #74849 on: November 11, 2020, 04:01:33 am »
The more we militarize our Police, the more they feel and act like they're on a war footing with the people they're supposed to be protecting. It's no surprise silly little things like civil rights become transitive in their eyes.

Part of the reason that I have the utmost respect for most of your constabulary; they're out in the crowd, feet on the ground with their neighbors good and bad, and most of them without lethal weapons. Imagine that in the US, where most of the Police spend most of their time with a windshield between them and the public. And half of them with enough heavy metal in the trunk to neutralize a tank.

mnem
 :horse:

You have no clue as to what the average police man or woman has to put up with and encounters on a daily basis. And 99% of them perform their duties with the upmost professionalism. You almost sound like one of those "defund the police" advocates who need to be thrown into the fire they just started while rioting in the streets.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:03:54 am by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf