Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18058223 times)

supauser and 70 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #74525 on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:02 pm »
I’d just like to drop some congratulations to our American friends on the narrowly won correction on your last round of stupid. I shall celebrate this victory by drinking the remaining 3/4 of a bottle of the cheapest wine that Tesco produce that went in my beef bourgignon and rubbing my hands together to see what shit storm happens here next. It’s our turn after all now.

Edit: to the folk who sent me PM’s in the last day I shall reply when I get a minute. Been super busy saving London from an overreaching mega corporation. Will be on discord if I don’t poison myself with this dinner.
Oh... has the flaming bag of dogshit at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave finally been stomped to the curb? No backsies? Last I heard they were gonna fight it until the last minute, some time in December... :palm:

mnem
 :popcorn:

Guess where that excessively corrupt Biden will suck up the bribes next.
He'll probably stop the anti trust investigation into his google donors immediately.

One thing that is abundantly clear is that our adversaries have plenty of kompromat on him and his family. All the while the same people who told us the Russians hacked 2016 are telling us that voter fraud isn't possible.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, scl, Specmaster, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74526 on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:42 pm »
I’d just like to drop some congratulations to our American friends on the narrowly won correction on your last round of stupid. I shall celebrate this victory by drinking the remaining 3/4 of a bottle of the cheapest wine that Tesco produce that went in my beef bourgignon and rubbing my hands together to see what shit storm happens here next. It’s our turn after all now.

Edit: to the folk who sent me PM’s in the last day I shall reply when I get a minute. Been super busy saving London from an overreaching mega corporation. Will be on discord if I don’t poison myself with this dinner.
Oh... has the flaming bag of dogshit at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave finally been stomped to the curb? No backsies? Last I heard they were gonna fight it until the last minute, some time in December... :palm:

mnem
That might still happen yet, I doubt that he will go quietly or dignified like all other previous presidents have done. I'm hearing that he has fired the person who has the overall responsibility for the nuclear arsenal, so what might his motifs be there I wonder, pop one off at North Korea perhaps and unleash Armageddon, who knows?   

That was because they were retweeting QAnon bollocks on their Twitter personal Twitter account. we’re not facing Armageddon (yet).

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74527 on: November 07, 2020, 06:18:23 pm »

I can't help being amused by the  fact that the crowds outside the Whitehouse have joined in solidarity with the current resident and adapted themselves to his level of emotional sophistication by chanting play ground "nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah" chants. Seems fitting after having seen so many toys thrown out of so many prams recently.

By coincidence a slowly cooked beef bourgignon in on the cards for me tomorrow. I'll leave the bottle of plonk destined for that uncracked until I start cooking. Although I have gathered a lot of restraint in my older years, I still think that "left over wine" is an odd concept, even if it does actually happen from time to time nowadays chez nous.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #74528 on: November 07, 2020, 06:21:11 pm »

THANK YOU!

:-+
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74529 on: November 07, 2020, 06:22:16 pm »
Oh... has the flaming bag of dogshit finally been stomped to the curb at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave? No backsies? Last I heard they were gonna fight it until the last minute, some time in December...

Only the stupid fight a battle they have already lost. Watch what happens next. Med’s bag of popcorn is not big enough. No banana with our trade deals here in the Uk now. I predict grovelling back to the EU next which is the second least shit outcome behind actually not leaving to start with.

Totally agree, but will BJ have the balls to do it and risk the backlash from the rabid Brexiters and the ERG or has he personally been corrupted or at some sort of other personal risk if he fails to deliver a no deal Brexit. At least we know that JB will not allow the GFA to be torn up, so that alone will kill any USA / UK deal being done.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #74530 on: November 07, 2020, 06:25:18 pm »
I'll be on discord voice chat tomorrow and I look forward to hearing the loudness of the fan as well. As for this quadcopter, PWM, ESC and all this BLDC/PMSM and whatever, I don't have the foggiest idea of what is going on there, so I'm keeping quiet on the topic, know your limitations I say, but I read and try to understand in order to broaden my experience a bit.

As for the small man syndrome Cerebus speaks of, I too have noticed that it does tend to be the smaller packages that are most aggressive in all forms of life, be it man, cat, dog, bird etc but there are always the exception to that. I hope that he was not referring to me with that statement because I can assure you all that I'm not a small man, being 6ft 4" tall and built like the proverbial brick sh1t house with such large hands that I struggle to find any gloves to fit me  :-DD :-DD

I feel you on the gloves.  I am not your height being a measly 6ft my self and built like Mnem intead of a brick shithouse.  I have large hands myself and extra large gloves are more or less useless.  Not sure how to compare hand size but I wear a size 13 wedding ring, my hands are literally twice the size of Mrs GreyWoolfe's dainty appendages and span the entire length of her forearm.  Found 2X nitrile gloves on amazon and it is nice not to have gloves so tight as to see the individual hairs on the back of my hands.  Mrs GreyWoolfe took me into a new local Tractor Supply and almost wet myself when she pointed out the 2X work gloves.  They fit like a glove should and were cheaper than the offerings at Home Depot so I will have to go back and grab a few more to hide in my tool chest.  Up to that point, I would have never imagined not having to force my hands uncomfortably into gloves.

Okay... Size 10.25 here.  No idea what that translates to. :-//

2X nitrile gloves rip half the time when I put them on. That wedding band started out as a size 16; I've straightened it enough times with a ring resizer that it is probably the next size larger. It is now 24mm ID, and still fits that tight. Oh, and I'm left-handed; so that's the small hand.

I get the 2X Mechanic's gloves from Horror Fraught or Princess Auto or Rancher Gloves from Tractor Supply Corp and I have to oil them and stretch them out. I have always had chunky sausage fingers; that has only gotten worse as I've gotten fatter. But my fingernails are trimmed. Today.  :-DD

mnem
  |O
I'm a size 10, so that I presume is a XL?

I'm right handed so my wedding ring is on the smaller hand.  I am about a size 10 myself, I can get an XL glove to the 3rd knuckle-mostly.  Depends on the cut of the gloves, I have to cup my fingers to get that far.  Some years ago, I did actually find a pair of XL gloves that did fit at Home Depot. Should have bought several pairs.  When I thought I lost them, I went back but they no longer sold them. :palm:  Fortunately, I did find them, raggedy as they are and they are for in the garage.  The new pair is in the shed for outdoor fun.  Mrs GreyWoolfe says I have ginormous 2 year old hands.  My son's hands are as large as mine but he has thin fingers, he can find gloves that fit.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74531 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:03 pm »
Oh... has the flaming bag of dogshit finally been stomped to the curb at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave? No backsies? Last I heard they were gonna fight it until the last minute, some time in December...

Only the stupid fight a battle they have already lost. Watch what happens next. Med’s bag of popcorn is not big enough. No banana with our trade deals here in the Uk now. I predict grovelling back to the EU next which is the second least shit outcome behind actually not leaving to start with.

Totally agree, but will BJ have the balls to do it and risk the backlash from the rabid Brexiters and the ERG or has he personally been corrupted or at some sort of other personal risk if he fails to deliver a no deal Brexit. At least we know that JB will not allow the GFA to be torn up, so that alone will kill any USA / UK deal being done.

Exactly that.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #74532 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:18 pm »

mnem
Guess where that excessively corrupt Biden will suck up the bribes next.
In politics we can never vote for the best answer merely the least shit of the two most popular ones. This is a  hollow victory but a considerably less stupid one than the other one on the table.

We are talking aboot the Chump here. Ugly as a bag of smashed assholes through and through, and aboot as smart.

That's like suggesting that a lawn sprinkler is somehow equivalent to Niagara Falls. Exponentially greater corruption with Chump's handlers, Mitch McConnell and his cronies. Which are NOT going away because... corruption.

mnem
*casts a prayer to all the gods of hope* Please... PLEASE let us stay up here!!!
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74533 on: November 07, 2020, 06:30:31 pm »
I'll be on discord voice chat tomorrow and I look forward to hearing the loudness of the fan as well. As for this quadcopter, PWM, ESC and all this BLDC/PMSM and whatever, I don't have the foggiest idea of what is going on there, so I'm keeping quiet on the topic, know your limitations I say, but I read and try to understand in order to broaden my experience a bit.

As for the small man syndrome Cerebus speaks of, I too have noticed that it does tend to be the smaller packages that are most aggressive in all forms of life, be it man, cat, dog, bird etc but there are always the exception to that. I hope that he was not referring to me with that statement because I can assure you all that I'm not a small man, being 6ft 4" tall and built like the proverbial brick sh1t house with such large hands that I struggle to find any gloves to fit me  :-DD :-DD

I feel you on the gloves.  I am not your height being a measly 6ft my self and built like Mnem intead of a brick shithouse.  I have large hands myself and extra large gloves are more or less useless.  Not sure how to compare hand size but I wear a size 13 wedding ring, my hands are literally twice the size of Mrs GreyWoolfe's dainty appendages and span the entire length of her forearm.  Found 2X nitrile gloves on amazon and it is nice not to have gloves so tight as to see the individual hairs on the back of my hands.  Mrs GreyWoolfe took me into a new local Tractor Supply and almost wet myself when she pointed out the 2X work gloves.  They fit like a glove should and were cheaper than the offerings at Home Depot so I will have to go back and grab a few more to hide in my tool chest.  Up to that point, I would have never imagined not having to force my hands uncomfortably into gloves.

Okay... Size 10.25 here.  No idea what that translates to. :-//

2X nitrile gloves rip half the time when I put them on. That wedding band started out as a size 16; I've straightened it enough times with a ring resizer that it is probably the next size larger. It is now 24mm ID, and still fits that tight. Oh, and I'm left-handed; so that's the small hand.

I get the 2X Mechanic's gloves from Horror Fraught or Princess Auto or Rancher Gloves from Tractor Supply Corp and I have to oil them and stretch them out. I have always had chunky sausage fingers; that has only gotten worse as I've gotten fatter. But my fingernails are trimmed. Today.  :-DD

mnem
  |O
I'm a size 10, so that I presume is a XL?

I'm right handed so my wedding ring is on the smaller hand.  I am about a size 10 myself, I can get an XL glove to the 3rd knuckle-mostly.  Depends on the cut of the gloves, I have to cup my fingers to get that far.  Some years ago, I did actually find a pair of XL gloves that did fit at Home Depot. Should have bought several pairs.  When I thought I lost them, I went back but they no longer sold them. :palm:  Fortunately, I did find them, raggedy as they are and they are for in the garage.  The new pair is in the shed for outdoor fun.  Mrs GreyWoolfe says I have ginormous 2 year old hands.  My son's hands are as large as mine but he has thin fingers, he can find gloves that fit.
Perhaps Mrs Greywolf will have to knit you some mittens so the finger issue is no longer a problem, hmm maybe I'll have to see if Mrs Specmaster would knit me some as well   :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74534 on: November 07, 2020, 06:33:38 pm »
Perhaps Mrs Greywolf will have to knit you some mittens so the finger issue is no longer a problem, hmm maybe I'll have to see if Mrs Specmaster would knit me some as well   :-+

Don't forget the bit of string to go up the sleeves of your duffel coat and across your shoulders.  :)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #74535 on: November 07, 2020, 06:37:27 pm »
Lesser of two idiots but I'll take it. Finally someone can say to Mr Trump: "You're fired!"  ;D
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, BU508A, Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens, bd139, tonyalbus

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #74536 on: November 07, 2020, 06:47:09 pm »
well, I think we should table that discussion about politics because it will only sow distrust and discord (pun intended ...).
We have different opinions and that is fine.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, med6753, scl, Specmaster, nixiefreqq

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74537 on: November 07, 2020, 06:51:48 pm »
so now posting pictures of your hand is a thing?

well ok......no one ever called me a slacker.

free range primate

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #74538 on: November 07, 2020, 06:53:21 pm »
well, I think we should table that discussion about politics because it will only sow distrust and discord (pun intended ...).

Agree.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, nixiefreqq

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74539 on: November 07, 2020, 06:56:22 pm »

Agree.

Seeing as we're doing calculators and hands, I'm going to do calculators and hands and treachery  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn, nixiefreqq

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74540 on: November 07, 2020, 06:59:55 pm »

Agree.

Seeing as we're doing calculators and hands, I'm going to do calculators and hands and treachery  :-DD

oh my gosh!   knew it! knew it!  knew it all along!
free range primate

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74541 on: November 07, 2020, 07:04:15 pm »
Was only £25 in near mint condition. Who could resist?  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: nixiefreqq

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74542 on: November 07, 2020, 07:04:34 pm »

Agree.

oh my gosh!   knew it! knew it!  knew it all along!
There is an = sign, right above the ENTER button  :-DD >:D
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74543 on: November 07, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »
That's "approximately equal" that one. The thing is actually a fully symbolic calculator not algebraic so it's up for discussion about how abhorrent it is  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #74544 on: November 07, 2020, 07:14:42 pm »
went to Mafiamarkt to pick up an SSD and a uSD card for the switch I play while driving ...

Saw to surprise bags for 10 and 25 pesos and thought: what the hell.
The bag for a ten pesos contained:
Toshiba/OCZ SSD 240 GB SATA
2 Tamron UV filters 62mm
a PS4 VR game (Concrete Genie)
HP Officejet 940 XL ink

The other one:
Huawei Freebuds 3 (still sealed)
2 USB C cables
a DECT phone with battery leakage (can swap that, it's still under warranty)
a Huawei P30 Pro protective case
an Iphone X/XS leather case by Bugatti
an inductive charger

No, I have absolutely no use for those freebuds, the Huawei /iphone case or the charger.

Open to offers (otherwise it will most likely be a gorgeous ebay experience)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #74545 on: November 07, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
At least you'll sleep well.  :P :-DD
Certainly did.  ;D
Another coffee will be enough to suppress any 'morning after' fogginess too.

Was an unusual bourbon and reminded me a little of that acquired taste Tennessee Fire but with a whole tot less fire.  :phew:
Tonight will sample it again but with dry ginger ale which should wake it up nicely.  :)

We can buy these homebrew kits for beer and spirits in NZ and a very charming girl that I'd done work for when I used to do contracting was the sales manager for the largest homebrew company in NZ.
Never had the time to do any brewing myself but sampled a good few that friends had over the years with surprisingly few ill effects.  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #74546 on: November 07, 2020, 07:48:25 pm »
Here are my handmade pictures:

This one is for bd139:

An apple pie which I tested today the first time. It is coming right out of the oven.
The cake has a diameter of 28 cm.

And here is my TI-85 with the dark LCD:
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #74547 on: November 07, 2020, 07:50:00 pm »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #74548 on: November 07, 2020, 07:55:25 pm »

He's out crashing the plane now.

LOL... did you mean the 0.100" DuPont connector...?

No, this exact failure is NOT uncommon. It usually means someone plugged a ESC into a battery backwards and it fried the traces in the RX because some other attached bit of gear had a RPP shunt diode in it. You're lucky the RX was repairable; either it had the RPP shunt diode and it did its job, or sometimes the RX manufacturer will use a series diode for RPP.

This is is one of the main reasons I avoid powering my radio directly off the battery, although most modern RX and many modern servos are designed to handle it. The pinout with +5V center pin is deliberate integral RPP for things plugged into the RX; no matter which way you flip the DuPont connector it won't hurt anything as long as the +5V is on the center pin.

Another common cause of this failure mode is high-voltage/high-current servos incorrectly plugged only into the RX. These need a PDB, which is fed power directly from the battery. If something causes one of these servos to stall, they can draw enough LRA to smoke the traces off the RX; in most cases it is NOT designed to serve as a PDB.

mnem
 :-/O

Obviously I meant DuPont.  :palm: Yes, he crashed, but it is repairable.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74549 on: November 07, 2020, 08:30:17 pm »
Ok, I see your one and I raise you one :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf