Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18058246 times)

supauser and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #74475 on: November 07, 2020, 12:55:37 pm »
Thing I find is I don’t use amazon for the best price but the fastest turnaround and lowest risk. A lot of the time it’s more expensive.

Tesco is a far more dangerous company. (I am in their temple now)

Edit: just to clarify that super mega corporations tend to form not out of monopolistic desires (well some do) but more that their existential growth is required to keep up with growth of society and supply as general wealth increases. It’s the only way to scale up.  Fine example is the recent covid mess - we may have come off worse without central coordination at national level from the supply chains. At best we had a bog roll shortage.

Yeah, the supermarkets are one bunch of crooks that it's almost impossible for anyone to avoid. They have formed an effective cartel for buying some products without actually forming a cartel, ask any dairy farmer or arable farmer. In the case of dairy farming they've made the occupation one that no longer makes economic sense for the producers, only the massive agro-businesses like Arla can survive.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #74476 on: November 07, 2020, 12:58:08 pm »
Just mounted the replacement woofers into the Quadral Altan that I slaughtered to repair the Montan. Sacrifice a 1000 Peso setup to resurrect a 4000 peso setup ... yeah, right.

Anyway. They should be alive and I will check if I have some cable to do a quick test setup before I drive over to the Mafiamarkt (equivalent to best buy ...) to pick up some NVME 1TB SSD that I either hook into an audio streamer yet to be built and sold or into my soon to come Linux workstation to do that Xilinx / Altera stuff.

Just bought a Zedboard. Hope to find some time to fuck around with it.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #74477 on: November 07, 2020, 12:58:51 pm »
Is it safe to poke my head in and look around?  :o  All appears to be quiet. Looks like the combatants are sleeping.  :=\ :=\

I wish it were "The Fan". That was "draw a picture" easy.   :-DD

mnem
"bugger off ye little varmints... daddeh hasn't had any coffee yet..." ~ just now
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74478 on: November 07, 2020, 01:06:17 pm »
With the dash cam, take a look on Amazon, I got my 512GW there a few months ago for less than half price, supposed to be a refurb but seemed to be a factory sealed box to me and came with a full makers warranty/

As I've said before, I boycott Amazon. I refuse to put money into that shitshow of appalling labour practices etc. etc. I can't do much to personally improve the world, but at least I can withhold my custom from those who seem to be determined to lead the race to the bottom. Thanks for the heads up anyway.
I admire your ethics but for me, sadly economics won't allow me that particular luxury, for me it's generally the cheapest price will get my order unless there is another close price from a more reliable or reputable supplier.   

Regarding Amazon, they're singled out as a major issue but the reality is that the abusive shit show is the entire retail and distribution industry which is being very bloody quiet while Amazon is taking all the flak. Even that cute little rip off "local business" bookseller populated by an angry Irish drunk is buying from the same class of supply chain, run by zero hour contracts and abusive labour practices, even if they bother to pay their own employees properly. Small businesses are even worse.

YMMV but living in the woods is your only ethical way to escape such constraints so I'd rather not punch myself in the balls to make a point even if I do agree with it :)

The best thing you can do is navigate yourself into a position of power where you can change things, but alas that's not possible for most people so being a sucker it is.

Yup. It's the 3 Laws of Thermodynamics, only applied to global economy:

You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't even get out of the game.

For 99% of us, that is how it is, and always will be; we weren't born into the 1% at the top of the pyramid. The only way to get out of the 99%... or even to the 50th percentile... is to become a fucking Zorg-level monster.

mnem
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:09:15 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, bd139

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74479 on: November 07, 2020, 01:14:51 pm »
Mnem, fine. Your magic BLDCs are different to everybody else's BLDCs and operate with physics that can only be known to the cognoscenti.

Why do you keep doing this to yourself. Why do you refuse to admit that there are people, like Robert, who know what they're talking about, and when they say "No, sorry that's wrong" you go off on one and shout and shout and shout until you think you've beaten the 'opposition' into submission. Has it passed your notice that people are openly commenting on that behaviour, that you now have a reputation for it. Doesn't that give you pause for thought. I bet at school you were the smartest kid in the room and always got the answers right, but you're not at school now, and you're on a board where you can't know everything better than everybody else.

All that you're doing is teaching people that you are unteachable. More and more people are just going to quietly ignore it when you get things wrong, because they know what's coming - the storm of shouting. You've certainly taught me that to dare to correct you in any form, no matter how gently or circumspectly, is just going to result in shit. I thought I'd have one last try, it failed. ENDS

All the things I've tried to explain are literally common knowledge in quadcopter building/racing circles. Ryan is one of my oldest friends in the community; this PSU was built for him and his test bench because he asked if I could come up with a AC power supply that could handle the crazy current surge of modern 6S setups without sagging halway through a run like a 6S LiPo would.

Ryan has been my motor & ESC sherpa for years and we've had a great many conversations like the one above; I've also had a few similar ones with Steffen Skaug, the creator of BLHeli. I'll admit most of those conversations went way over my head, but Steffen was a really decent guy too. I've spoken a few times with JB too, but only briefly regarding the SmokeStopper.

I was working on may of the assumptions you are making based on prior experience with industrial motor control; it was Ryan who was able to explain the differences. These ESCs work very differently from anything that has come before, because they have to change motor speed very quickly. There literally is not enough time to generate a complete pseudo-sinewave every commutation cycle the way you're talking about. There are times when the demand for speed changes before a single motor rotation completes. They simply cannot work the way you demand that they must.

And yes, as is mentioned here, you can have exactly what I describe as desync, for exactly the reason I explain: Because the ESC cannot correctly sense the reverse-EMF it needs to start the next commutation cycle. When a motor is loaded this just causes missed timing events and sometimes it goes into shutdown. With no load, desync can definitely happen fast and hard enough to cause a shorted FET even on 3S & 4S voltages, the same way as is discussed here. It has happened to me on my own test bench. I have also seen it happen in the air on a quad that was badly tuned and another that grenaded a prop.

So no, this time it's not me buddy.

Cheers,

mnem
*toddling off to ded*

Well that video is full of misconceptions, generalisation and :bullshit:

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74480 on: November 07, 2020, 01:16:22 pm »
Of course it is. It disagrees with your preconceptions of how these motors must work.  :palm:

mnem
 :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:18:27 pm by mnementh »

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #74481 on: November 07, 2020, 01:19:25 pm »
I'll be on discord voice chat tomorrow and I look forward to hearing the loudness of the fan as well. As for this quadcopter, PWM, ESC and all this BLDC/PMSM and whatever, I don't have the foggiest idea of what is going on there, so I'm keeping quiet on the topic, know your limitations I say, but I read and try to understand in order to broaden my experience a bit.

As for the small man syndrome Cerebus speaks of, I too have noticed that it does tend to be the smaller packages that are most aggressive in all forms of life, be it man, cat, dog, bird etc but there are always the exception to that. I hope that he was not referring to me with that statement because I can assure you all that I'm not a small man, being 6ft 4" tall and built like the proverbial brick sh1t house with such large hands that I struggle to find any gloves to fit me  :-DD :-DD

I feel you on the gloves.  I am not your height being a measly 6ft my self and built like Mnem intead of a brick shithouse.  I have large hands myself and extra large gloves are more or less useless.  Not sure how to compare hand size but I wear a size 13 wedding ring, my hands are literally twice the size of Mrs GreyWoolfe's dainty appendages and span the entire length of her forearm.  Found 2X nitrile gloves on amazon and it is nice not to have gloves so tight as to see the individual hairs on the back of my hands.  Mrs GreyWoolfe took me into a new local Tractor Supply and almost wet myself when she pointed out the 2X work gloves.  They fit like a glove should and were cheaper than the offerings at Home Depot so I will have to go back and grab a few more to hide in my tool chest.  Up to that point, I would have never imagined not having to force my hands uncomfortably into gloves. 
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74482 on: November 07, 2020, 01:20:04 pm »
Just mounted the replacement woofers into the Quadral Altan that I slaughtered to repair the Montan. Sacrifice a 1000 Peso setup to resurrect a 4000 peso setup ... yeah, right.

Anyway. They should be alive and I will check if I have some cable to do a quick test setup before I drive over to the Mafiamarkt (equivalent to best buy ...) to pick up some NVME 1TB SSD that I either hook into an audio streamer yet to be built and sold or into my soon to come Linux workstation to do that Xilinx / Altera stuff.

Just bought a Zedboard. Hope to find some time to fuck around with it.

Oh Jeebus. Another R-Pi high on crack and Hulk-ed out.  :scared:

mnem
Oooooh... maybe time for me to revisit the idea of a *NIX VPN Router... >:D

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74483 on: November 07, 2020, 01:31:07 pm »

Anyway here is a picture of the display, I think I have worked out what it is and it's not a VFD.

It's quite heavy for it's size too (over 21kg) & only has one carrying handle, hopefully the fan will be super noisy.  :-DD

David

Looks like an LCD. Rather boring if this should be true :(

Not an LCD as far as I can tell, but the same technology was sometimes used for LCD backlights.
I'll give another clue, the 7 segment VFD tube (shown in the previous post) with a similar font was made by Sylvania.
If the Beckman counter hadn't been dropped on it's journey from the US I would have powered it up when it arrived.

David

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74484 on: November 07, 2020, 01:42:07 pm »
I'll be on discord voice chat tomorrow and I look forward to hearing the loudness of the fan as well. As for this quadcopter, PWM, ESC and all this BLDC/PMSM and whatever, I don't have the foggiest idea of what is going on there, so I'm keeping quiet on the topic, know your limitations I say, but I read and try to understand in order to broaden my experience a bit.

As for the small man syndrome Cerebus speaks of, I too have noticed that it does tend to be the smaller packages that are most aggressive in all forms of life, be it man, cat, dog, bird etc but there are always the exception to that. I hope that he was not referring to me with that statement because I can assure you all that I'm not a small man, being 6ft 4" tall and built like the proverbial brick sh1t house with such large hands that I struggle to find any gloves to fit me  :-DD :-DD

I feel you on the gloves.  I am not your height being a measly 6ft my self and built like Mnem intead of a brick shithouse.  I have large hands myself and extra large gloves are more or less useless.  Not sure how to compare hand size but I wear a size 13 wedding ring, my hands are literally twice the size of Mrs GreyWoolfe's dainty appendages and span the entire length of her forearm.  Found 2X nitrile gloves on amazon and it is nice not to have gloves so tight as to see the individual hairs on the back of my hands.  Mrs GreyWoolfe took me into a new local Tractor Supply and almost wet myself when she pointed out the 2X work gloves.  They fit like a glove should and were cheaper than the offerings at Home Depot so I will have to go back and grab a few more to hide in my tool chest.  Up to that point, I would have never imagined not having to force my hands uncomfortably into gloves. 
I'm not quite as bad as you by the sound of it, I can sometimes find gloves that sort of fit if I don't mind the fact the cuff that is meant to protect your wrists only just about covers my palms. I suppose if I was shorter that I'd resemble Mnem but being that little bit taller makes me appear slimmer even though I'm not.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #74485 on: November 07, 2020, 01:47:59 pm »
ok. quick update.

The repaired speakers work like a charm. Even though the developer fucked up in the woofer department and should have chosen a different one. However the rest seems to be doing fine and they can easily be modified for reasonable muulah.

As for the hulked up RPI stuff ... no, it's most definitely not.
I would however very much like to develop my stuff in PYNQ (which runs on a zedboard) first and see a proof of concept work before I throw  money into Xilinx' jaws and go for an Alveo 250 or so.

The difference is about 10 k. Go figure.

Applications are: OCR, voice recognition, drone targeting systems (combined with that 3MW magnetron this should definitely take care of sneaky bastards flying over my garden ...)

For the first 2 I have submitted an official "idea" that if I can get it to work will give me shitloads of muulah. The last idea was worth a handsomely nice 5 digit bonus. So let's see if I can turn that 220 bucks into some more.

And until now I have the lead in that technology within the company. Why should I give it up ?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74486 on: November 07, 2020, 01:49:26 pm »
Not sure how to compare hand size but I wear a size 13 wedding ring, my hands are literally twice the size of Mrs GreyWoolfe's dainty appendages and span the entire length of her forearm. 

Glove sizes seem to one of the clothing sizes that hardly anybody knows their own, unlike shoes, chest, etc. Take an inch tape measure and measure around your hand as in the picture below:

The 'circumference' of your hand, measured thusly, in inches is your glove size - so that picture is showing size 9 (a Large in most SML type ranges I've seen). Although it can be metricatified, I've only seen either inch sizes on gloves or SML type sizing. It'll misrepresent how generally 'big' your hands are if you have particularly fat or thin hands, but for most people it'll give a generally useful impression.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #74487 on: November 07, 2020, 01:53:22 pm »
Mnem, fine. Your magic BLDCs are different to everybody else's BLDCs and operate with physics that can only be known to the cognoscenti.

Why do you keep doing this to yourself. Why do you refuse to admit that there are people, like Robert, who know what they're talking about, and when they say "No, sorry that's wrong" you go off on one and shout and shout and shout until you think you've beaten the 'opposition' into submission. Has it passed your notice that people are openly commenting on that behaviour, that you now have a reputation for it. Doesn't that give you pause for thought. I bet at school you were the smartest kid in the room and always got the answers right, but you're not at school now, and you're on a board where you can't know everything better than everybody else.

All that you're doing is teaching people that you are unteachable. More and more people are just going to quietly ignore it when you get things wrong, because they know what's coming - the storm of shouting. You've certainly taught me that to dare to correct you in any form, no matter how gently or circumspectly, is just going to result in shit. I thought I'd have one last try, it failed. ENDS

All the things I've tried to explain are literally common knowledge in quadcopter building/racing circles. Ryan is one of my oldest friends in the community; this PSU was built for him and his test bench because he asked if I could come up with a AC power supply that could handle the crazy current surge of modern 6S setups without sagging halway through a run like a 6S LiPo would.

Ryan has been my motor & ESC sherpa for years and we've had a great many conversations like the one above; I've also had a few similar ones with Steffen Skaug, the creator of BLHeli. I'll admit most of those conversations went way over my head, but Steffen was a really decent guy too. I've spoken a few times with JB too, but only briefly regarding the SmokeStopper.

I was working on may of the assumptions you are making based on prior experience with industrial motor control; it was Ryan who was able to explain the differences. These ESCs work very differently from anything that has come before, because they have to change motor speed very quickly. There literally is not enough time to generate a complete pseudo-sinewave every commutation cycle the way you're talking about. There are times when the demand for speed changes before a single motor rotation completes. They simply cannot work the way you demand that they must.

And yes, as is mentioned here, you can have exactly what I describe as desync, for exactly the reason I explain: Because the ESC cannot correctly sense the reverse-EMF it needs to start the next commutation cycle. When a motor is loaded this just causes missed timing events and sometimes it goes into shutdown. With no load, desync can definitely happen fast and hard enough to cause a shorted FET even on 3S & 4S voltages, the same way as is discussed here. It has happened to me on my own test bench. I have also seen it happen in the air on a quad that was badly tuned and another that grenaded a prop.

So no, this time it's not me buddy.

Cheers,

mnem
*toddling off to ded*

Well that video is full of misconceptions, generalisation and :bullshit:

That guy can't even trim his fingernails and he looks like he just came out of his Mother's basement.  ::) :palm:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74488 on: November 07, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »

Okay... Size 10.25 here.  No idea what that translates to. :-//

2X nitrile gloves rip half the time when I put them on. That wedding band started out as a size 16; I've straightened it enough times with a ring resizer that it is probably the next size larger. It is now 24mm ID, and still fits that tight. Oh, and I'm left-handed; so that's the small hand.

I get the 2X Mechanic's gloves from Horror Fraught or Princess Auto or Rancher Gloves from Tractor Supply Corp and I have to oil them and stretch them out. I have always had chunky sausage fingers; that has only gotten worse as I've gotten fatter. But my fingernails are trimmed. Today.  :-DD

mnem
  |O
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:17:34 pm by mnementh »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74489 on: November 07, 2020, 02:07:22 pm »
That guy can't even trim his fingernails and he looks like he just came out of his Mother's basement.  ::) :palm:

Hey give him a break. It looks like the nails are only long on his right hand, which would make him a folk guitarist, which would explain why he can only afford to live in Mum's basement.  :)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74490 on: November 07, 2020, 02:43:26 pm »
ok. quick update.

The repaired speakers work like a charm. Even though the developer fucked up in the woofer department and should have chosen a different one. However the rest seems to be doing fine and they can easily be modified for reasonable muulah.

As for the hulked up RPI stuff ... no, it's most definitely not.
I would however very much like to develop my stuff in PYNQ (which runs on a zedboard) first and see a proof of concept work before I throw  money into Xilinx' jaws and go for an Alveo 250 or so.

The difference is about 10 k. Go figure.

Applications are: OCR, voice recognition, drone targeting systems (combined with that 3MW magnetron this should definitely take care of sneaky bastards flying over my garden ...)

For the first 2 I have submitted an official "idea" that if I can get it to work will give me shitloads of muulah. The last idea was worth a handsomely nice 5 digit bonus. So let's see if I can turn that 220 bucks into some more.

And until now I have the lead in that technology within the company. Why should I give it up ?

Okay... now it's perrrsonal... >:(

Not really... just pulling your chain. ;)
I still think it really is a Hulked-out Pi... but I guess for your purposes, Hulked-out enough to actually be useful instead of a novelty toy.

Good job finding that one exception in this current sea of shite! :-+

mnem
 :-/O
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:46:41 pm by mnementh »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74491 on: November 07, 2020, 02:56:30 pm »

2X nitrile gloves rip half the time when I put them on. That wedding band started out as a size 16; I've straightened it enough times with a ring resizer that it is probably the next size larger. It is now 24mm ID, and still fits that tight. Oh, and I'm left-handed; so that's the small hand.

I get the 2X Mechanic's gloves from Horror Fraught or Princess Auto or Rancher Gloves from Tractor Supply Corp and I have to oil them and stretch them out. I have always had chunky sausage fingers; that has only gotten worse as I've gotten fatter. But my fingernails are trimmed. Today.  :-DD

mnem
  |O
I'm a size 10, so that I presume is a XL?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74492 on: November 07, 2020, 03:02:53 pm »
From the current Ramco auction:

"DO NOT USE ANTENNAS" - No shit Sherlock?  :)

I bet there's a back story to that label. Either the MD driving into a nearby lake because he's stupid enough to believe his satnav, or the MOD visiting with burly gentlemen in tow to explain that they were not happy.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #74493 on: November 07, 2020, 03:07:37 pm »

But hey... it doesn't matter. I'll let you learn all the lessons I did the hard way if you ever get into acro & race quads. That's the only way you'll really understand.

Perhaps.

I've spent the last 2 days learning 2.4GHz radio control conventions. Not the RF part, the Dunlop connector part. It is not obvious! Did not help that the receiver had its Dunlop pin array fried; apparently previous owner had an accident involving a motor controller giving the receiver WAAAY to much current; one 5V feeder pin was gone, as in desoldered, and one was molten and only half as long as the others..

Quote from: small side-bar for people like me who were oblivious to this corner of tech until now
The modern RC control receiver runs on 5VDC, and has a connector field  that is a 3-row Dunlop pin header array, as on RPi computers etc. Each group of three adjacent pins is 0V, +5V, and control. 0V and +5V are bussed. Control is a PWM output pulse train running at (in this particular case) about 71.63Hz with a pulse width varying over 1...2ms. Controls that are positive only (like engine throttle) start at 1ms and increase to 2ms; controls that have a center null of course start at 1,5ms and range from 1 to 2 ms.

As it turns out the molten one was on the servo row where motor controller must go (if you want sensible control lever disposition) and this did complicate fault-finding.

Not until I'd powered the receiver from the 6205B (and monitored it with the 427A, hi, BD!) and looked at the signal outputs with the ScopeMeter did things start to be comprehensible to me. 

As it turned out, the 5V bus joining all the 5V pins was broken too, so now there's a bodge wire on the back of the PCB. And, I've cut out those 6 pins that were in the two damaged rows and replaced them with a new 3x2 section of header from a dead Arduino Micro clone.

Best part? The Boy plane-owner, who was watching me learn this, simply stated: "It is really cosy here at the bench".

He's out crashing the plane now.

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #74494 on: November 07, 2020, 03:08:21 pm »

Looks like an LCD. Rather boring if this should be true :(

Not an LCD as far as I can tell, but the same technology was sometimes used for LCD backlights.
I'll give another clue, the 7 segment VFD tube (shown in the previous post) with a similar font was made by Sylvania.
If the Beckman counter hadn't been dropped on it's journey from the US I would have powered it up when it arrived.

David

EL display? That would be rather rare, interesting. On should recognize this by the driver circuitry.
Safety devices hinder evolution

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #74495 on: November 07, 2020, 03:10:19 pm »
Unce upon a time, many many years back when I was a pupil at the Gymnasium, a friend of mine said to me:
"Give me your hand, please."

I held out my hand to him.

He: "No, no! I meant: give me your hand, not selling me a plot of land..."

Me: "..."

:-DD  :-DD  :-DD
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74496 on: November 07, 2020, 03:12:10 pm »

mnem
  |O
I can't get a XL on past the 2nd knuckle, even on my right hand. Often literally can't even get my fingers through the body of the glove.  :-//

I think that's the "It'll misrepresent how generally 'big' your hands are..." part C was talking aboot.

mnem
Nitrile mittens. That's what I need. :o

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74497 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:41 pm »
From the current Ramco auction:

"DO NOT USE ANTENNAS" - No shit Sherlock?  :)

I bet there's a back story to that label. Either the MD driving into a nearby lake because he's stupid enough to believe his satnav, or the MOD visiting with burly gentlemen in tow to explain that they were not happy.

Is that better or worse than various govt/police/corporate agencies covertly setting up bogus cell towers to intercept cellular traffic, often without so much as a viable "probable cause"...?

mnem
 :wtf:

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74498 on: November 07, 2020, 03:24:50 pm »
Unce upon a time, many many years back when I was a pupil at the Gymnasium, a friend of mine said to me:
"Give me your hand, please."

I held out my hand to him.

He: "No, no! I meant: give me your hand, not selling me a plot of land..."

Me: "..."

:-DD  :-DD  :-DD

[BU508A comes home from school]

Mother: "Go and wash your hands! You could grow potatoes under your fingernails!"
[Mother leans closer]
Mother: "No, wait." [shouts to household] "Kartoffelsalat for tea!"

:)

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74499 on: November 07, 2020, 03:25:44 pm »

mnem
  |O
I can't get a XL on past the 2nd knuckle, even on my right hand. Often literally can't even get my fingers through the body of the glove.  :-//

I think that's the "It'll misrepresent how generally 'big' your hands are..." part C was talking aboot.

mnem
Nitrile mittens. That's what I need. :o
Thats what I thought about my hand, its been so long without gloves  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf