Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17490356 times)

khach, duckduck and 75 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #69175 on: September 11, 2020, 05:37:17 pm »
@ Saskia Well that puts a new slant on things and conflicts with what I have always been told. Goes to show, that we can all learn something new every day :-DD :-DD

I am condoning everything my Country has done post WW2 but I do know this.....someone had to play world traffic cop and by default we were elected. And when you're the cop you're going to make enemies. And do dumb things. There's a whole bucket list of dumb things. But I do know this...if it weren't for a little incident in a certain harbor on a certain Pacific island you all would be speaking Deutsch today.
I 'm not arguing with you at all. Likewise, if it was not for an English man called Thomas Hooker, you might not be living in a democracy today as he was said to be the father of the American Democracy.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #69176 on: September 11, 2020, 05:53:06 pm »
@ Saskia Well that puts a new slant on things and conflicts with what I have always been told. Goes to show, that we can all learn something new every day :-DD :-DD

I am condoning everything my Country has done post WW2 but I do know this.....someone had to play world traffic cop and by default we were elected. And when you're the cop you're going to make enemies. And do dumb things. There's a whole bucket list of dumb things. But I do know this...if it weren't for a little incident in a certain harbor on a certain Pacific island you all would be speaking Deutsch today.

@med I visited Pearl Harbor and wept for the fallen. WW2 (and also WW1) was a terrible tragedy which caused so much grief and unnecessary pain.
I am still speaking Deutsch, but you are free to adopt me and sponsor me for permanent residency / naturalization. I'll try to improve my "simplified" English and work on my accent.

All that is past history. Can't change it. But we can all learn from it. No need to work on your accent. Your German accent is perfectly understandable and in fact I find it...shall we say...quite sexy.  ;D And all the Germans who participate in Discord your English is better than some native schmucks who claim it to be their first language. And I have great respect for the German people which is part of my heritage anyway since I have German in my family tree. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:56:38 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Specmaster, Saskia

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #69177 on: September 11, 2020, 06:01:35 pm »

I 'm not arguing with you at all. Likewise, if it was not for an English man called Thomas Hooker, you might not be living in a democracy today as he was said to be the father of the American Democracy.

No, it was your fucking awful tea we threw in the harbor.  :P :P :-DD

OK, me done with any more political ranting. Slap myself.  :horse:  Back to TEA.

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, Specmaster

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #69178 on: September 11, 2020, 06:02:29 pm »
no adoption ? sniff .. :'(

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69179 on: September 11, 2020, 06:02:39 pm »
As Cub driver said, thank goodness for the handles.
The seller tried, at least it was all new packing, even the box. Not bad for £8 shipping.
Fortunatly the 5335A is not that dense,
It survived ;D
Even better it has Option 10 high perfomance OCXO :-+
And it works! Frequency is spot on against my GPSDO (GPStar under the counter)
Channel C is good too. Photo shows 1.35GHz at 10dB below sensitivity spec.
Not bad for £86 inc shipping ($106 US)

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, Kosmic, TorinoFermic, tonyalbus

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69180 on: September 11, 2020, 06:05:50 pm »
Excellent. Glad that worked out  :-+ :phew:

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69181 on: September 11, 2020, 06:19:26 pm »

Poor Med doesn't have the place I fear. He already adopted way too many giant scopes.

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69182 on: September 11, 2020, 06:24:54 pm »

Where and when was this election, and who voted in it?

You really need to read up on the US and British interference in the affairs of the Middle East starting from the beginning of last century, our combined actions in that part of the world were nothing to do with policing or keeping the peace and all about our respective nation's self interests. One cannot claim that British military intervention to build a British Middle Eastern empire that endured from 1914 to 1956 was a 'police action'. Similarly one cannot claim that overthrowing regimes that are not to your own country's taste, often democratically elected ones, as 'police actions', vis Americas actions that led to the overthrow of the democratic government in Iran to be replaced with the autocratic regime of the Shah, a country that, when neutral in WWII was the subject of an Anglo-Soviet invasion in 1941. (And people wonder why Iranians are pissed off at the west.)

Britain's part in the Middle East is often downplayed in the history we're taught, because it suits us to conveniently forget how big a hand we had in the mess that the Middle East became. Britain formally ruled:
    Egypt from 1882 to 1956
    Iraq from 1921 to 1932
    Palestine from 1920 to 1948 (occupied since 1917)
and occupied, by military force, many other bits on and off over the years.

There's lots of scope there for legitimate resentment to build up, and none of it is to do with 'policing' wrongdoers.

Oh, and isn't the 'We won WWII' line getting a little thin? WWII started in 1939 and you lot, despite many invitations, didn't turn up until Dec 8th 1941, rather more than a day late and a dollar short. My father had been fighting for over two years and got seriously wounded (and back into the fight) before a single American soldier picked up a weapon. By then the British had fought and won the Battle of Britain, been fighting in North Africa for a year and a half, and the Russians had been at it since the summer. So, yes, you helped, but it wasn't just your lot who won it.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #69183 on: September 11, 2020, 06:27:07 pm »

Sure, I'll adopt you but wouldn't your hubby object to that? I know for certain I got someone over here who would have some choice words about it.  :-DD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 06:32:14 pm by med6753 »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, tonyalbus

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69184 on: September 11, 2020, 06:41:02 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69185 on: September 11, 2020, 06:46:33 pm »
Hmm, in Chesterfield. We could probably afford to get some ne'er-do-well from one of the nearby chav districts to go and 'remonstrate' with the perpetrator.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #69186 on: September 11, 2020, 06:49:18 pm »
Hmm, in Chesterfield. We could probably afford to get some ne'er-do-well from one of the nearby chav districts to go and 'remonstrate' with the perpetrator.

"Greetings" from here as well.  :palm:   |O
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69187 on: September 11, 2020, 06:51:09 pm »

Sure, I'll adopt you but wouldn't your hubby object to that? I know for certain I got someone over here who would have some choice words about it.  :-DD

Adopt him as well. You could say: "I'm your father" and do some asthma related breathing  :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69188 on: September 11, 2020, 06:59:54 pm »

rub his balls with a campher oil capsaicin mixture.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #69189 on: September 11, 2020, 07:00:26 pm »
Letting you all know that yesterday I volunteered for the Russian vaccine trials for Covid-19 . I received my first shot at 7:30am and I wanted to let you all know that it’s safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно думаю.
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139, syau

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #69190 on: September 11, 2020, 07:00:47 pm »

Adopt him as well. You could say: "I'm your father" and do some asthma related breathing  :-DD :-DD

LMAO

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #69191 on: September 11, 2020, 07:02:17 pm »
Letting you all know that yesterday I volunteered for the Russian vaccine trials for Covid-19 . I received my first shot at 7:30am and I wanted to let you all know that it’s safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно думаю.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69192 on: September 11, 2020, 07:08:03 pm »

очень хорошо. А когда вы начнете торги Путина?

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #69193 on: September 11, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »
saskiais right there... i shouldhave used atranslater.... no idea what i saidthere.... hope no offense istaken, as it was not meant...
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69194 on: September 11, 2020, 07:15:51 pm »
don't worry about it.

In fact, my reply should have read

и когда вы начнете исполнять путинские приказы ?

Hint: if you want a reasonable translator: translate.systran.net

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 07:22:05 pm by Saskia »

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #69195 on: September 11, 2020, 07:19:08 pm »

That's true. Wladimir P. from Moscow/Russia confirms. (NSFW)

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens, bd139, nixiefreqq, tonyalbus

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69196 on: September 11, 2020, 07:25:20 pm »

Seek out the tools he was using. They should find application.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, Saskia

Offline graybeard

• Frequent Contributor
  • Consulting III-V RF/mixed signal/device engineer
    • Chris Grossman
« Reply #69197 on: September 11, 2020, 07:35:10 pm »
While you guys were out bidding each other on the current probes I paid way too much for one of these.

I really need one and it's the cheapest I could find.  ::)  Could use a total of 2 more but I'll settle for one right now.

I have collected mine from a combination of HAM swap meets and estate sales.  They are very handy for old GR equipment, which I still have many examples of.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69198 on: September 11, 2020, 07:41:45 pm »
Follow-on note on my dinner, really for the UK crowd only.

The wine, "Jam Shed" 2019 Shiraz was a princely £6 from Morrisons and is very good (very, very good for £6). The tasting notes on the bottle say "Rich, Jammy and Smooth" and for once they do the Ronseal* and tell the truth. So, if that tasting note appeals to you and you're a wine drinker, off to Morrisons.

*"It does what it says on the tin", fortunately it doesn't taste like Ronseal - although I have had wine that does.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69199 on: September 11, 2020, 07:47:03 pm »
Worst case if it tastes like Ronseal it doesn't necessarily have to touch the tongue on the way down  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf