Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17752338 times)

bel and 114 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #63750 on: July 19, 2020, 12:52:30 pm »
Any of our German contingent have any experience with this company?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/komerci-elektronik/m.html?item=152854262717&epid=2264707315&hash=item2396d2f3bd%3Ag%3APn0AAOSweCVZwmuO&var=452594582885&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm looking at getting a magnifier and stand from them, either the 9006 or 9002.

Grab a second hand Luxo if you can. Was considering this but feel free to dive on it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174349223227

Can retro fit LED bulbs.

I think I'm gonna dive on that if nobody else does.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63751 on: July 19, 2020, 12:59:26 pm »
Do it do it do it  >:D

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63752 on: July 19, 2020, 01:03:32 pm »
From the "Give 'em the job and they'll finish the tools" department:

I just walked in on my lovely other half using half a 12 inch ruler that is labelled "shatterproof". I'll never understand how she, who has about 25% of my strength, can break things from careless use of main force that I'd have to work up a fair sweat to deliberately break. Similarly, I can never understand how it is that I make no noise walking around in the house, yet the cat (who at her heaviest still is less than 5% of my body weight) can sound like a herd of elephants.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #63753 on: July 19, 2020, 01:06:57 pm »
Things that Make You Go "Hmmmmmmm..."   ;)

As for the LUXO magni-lamp...

mnem
 >:D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 01:29:12 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63754 on: July 19, 2020, 01:19:50 pm »

I just walked in on my lovely other half using half a 12 inch ruler that is labelled "shatterproof". I'll never understand how she, who has about 25% of my strength, can break things from careless use of main force that I'd have to work up a fair sweat to deliberately break. Similarly, I can never understand how it is that I make no noise walking around in the house, yet the cat (who at her heaviest still is less than 5% of my body weight) can sound like a herd of elephants.

If it’s any consolation which it’s not I let my then 6 year old use my nice Blundell Harling acrylic 12” ruler which is definitely not shatterproof and she hasn’t broken it in 2 years.  :-DD

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #63755 on: July 19, 2020, 01:22:23 pm »
need shelves    :( :-/O

I'd propose purpose made ones:
(Attachment Link)
Your room looks difficult in that way, just like mine.
Perfect...!  thanks
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63756 on: July 19, 2020, 01:24:40 pm »

Oh, I don't need any encouragement. Just staking my claim in the vaguely gentlemanly way that we vaguely, sort of, kind of, operate an informal buyer's cartel around here.

Just had a mental image of one of the 'smoky back rooms' of 1960's politics, with us sitting around setting the prices of used TE for the next six months over brandy and cigars. I'm the one drifting in and out of consciousness in a wing chair with a monocle, spats, a dishevelled wing collar and the untied bow tie. Anders and Mansaxel are in a corner arguing about aquavit, Mnem's picking over the trashed remains of the buffet, there's a figure in a wheelchair, invisible behind bandages that must be BD139 and the sound of the Harley outside is Saskia turning up late because some post-brexit border guard delayed her and is now sorely regretting it. In the corner there's a forgotten video conferencing system that no one has noticed, with a icon of a little blue man bouncing up and down angrily.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139, tonyalbus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #63757 on: July 19, 2020, 01:25:23 pm »
Guess i should be able to glue a resistor to a led by now... if not, it not the tools  :-DD

Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63758 on: July 19, 2020, 01:26:47 pm »

Oh, I don't need any encouragement. Just staking my claim in the vaguely gentlemanly way that we vaguely, sort of, kind of, operate an informal buyer's cartel around here.

Just had a mental image of one of the 'smoky back rooms' of 1960's politics, with us sitting around setting the prices of used TE for the next six months over brandy and cigars. I'm the one drifting in and out of consciousness in a wing chair with a monocle, spats, a dishevelled wing collar and the untied bow tie. Anders and Mansaxel are in a corner arguing about aquavit, Mnem's picking over the trashed remains of the buffet, there's a figure in a wheelchair, invisible behind bandages that must be BD139 and the sound of the Harley outside is Saskia turning up late because some post-brexit border guard delayed her and is now sorely regretting it. In the corner there's a forgotten video conferencing system that no one has noticed, with a icon of a little blue man bouncing up and down angrily.

Hahaha perfect  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63759 on: July 19, 2020, 01:37:08 pm »

mnem
yo.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:25:02 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #63760 on: July 19, 2020, 01:39:28 pm »

I once witnessed a 120 pound bat shit crazy redhead in a fit of anger and a burst of adrenaline rip a pull handle off a wooden cabinet door, screws in all, like it was made of paper.  :o :scared:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63761 on: July 19, 2020, 01:43:15 pm »

This is more like it...  :-DD

mnem
Parenthood: Like being pecked to death by a duck.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63762 on: July 19, 2020, 02:37:45 pm »

I once witnessed a 120 pound bat shit crazy redhead in a fit of anger and a burst of adrenaline rip a pull handle off a wooden cabinet door, screws in all, like it was made of paper.  :o :scared:

SWMBO is not a redhead, neither is the cat. If they were I would already have had my explanation :).

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #63763 on: July 19, 2020, 02:46:12 pm »
[EDIT] Finally convinced the forum to upload the image.....

I'm on a roll with this cheap stuff here recently.
Looks like a lot of people are offloading gear cheap now during this Covid-19 thing, must be hurting for spare cash...

I just recently picked up a HP 4275A, plus a spare parts unit for 500yen (Just under $5), all it needed was a replacement battery and a clean up and now seems to work ok so far.
It's got all the options too, I just need the control box for the DC bias option.

On an unrelated note, anyone got a 16023B DC Bias Controller they want to sell? :)

I'll have to work out how to rig up some capacitance standards to fully test and calibrate the various LCR units I have.
Anyone got any ideas for a 1pF 10pF, 100pF, and 1000pF capacitors with about 0.03% (maybe 0.5%-ish will be ok) tolerance?

While picking up these overly expensive LCR meters, the guy offloaded a bunch of other stuff for free too. I got a working ClearView+ magnification table (Has a manual X-Y table with a HD camera hooked to an LCD screen on top), an EmScan 2.2 Super nearfield EM measurement tablet thing with a Dell Precision 410 PII dual core PC with GPIB card, an ADS brand HDM-8300LW gauss meter (no probes) and a CDMA test set (which I stripped down for parts, got a 10MHz OCXO and a bunch of SMA connectors amongst other stuff from it. :) ).

Currently I'm drawing up an extender card (HP P/N 5060-4025) to service this LCR beast which seems to also fit a few other HP boat anchors, including my 8160A Pulse Gen.

Now I'm on the lookout for a 4274A to complete the set seeing as I have the 4275A and 4276A.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: med6753, mnementh, bd139, tonyalbus

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #63764 on: July 19, 2020, 03:05:12 pm »
Here's the 585A showing a stable trigger on a signal more than twice the datasheet bandwidth for the 585A + type 82 plugin system.  :-+ Yes, it's way rolled off, but it's rock stable.

really really like the look of that scope.

and the "mountain O hp" in the background is giving me heart palpitation's.

but it still feels like something is missing. 

(pm me your new address ......... and yes!  you could complete your bench with a "my little pony" calculator)

Yes...a nixie counter would look great. I also have another HP-15C on the way....  >:D

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #63765 on: July 19, 2020, 03:11:25 pm »
I've bought a few minutes ago one of the coolest counters ever.   :scared:   :-+

A Rohde & Schwarz FER BN 4721    8)

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Channel
« Reply #63766 on: July 19, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »
I've bought a few minutes ago one of the coolest counters ever.   :scared:   :-+

Super cool!  . sub-zero!!

The following users thanked this post: BU508A

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #63767 on: July 19, 2020, 03:21:54 pm »
I changed out the CRT from the Type 561B parts unit and the difference is like night and day. The original CRT suffered from low brightness, low emission, and double peaking. All indications of extremely high hours. This CRT is easily 2X brighter and "blooms" when the intensity is turned all the way up like it should. I had to adjust the bias down so it would cut off completely at minimum intensity. And the trace is nice and sharp.  :-+

The old CRT joins the rogues galley of duff CRT's. The 561 was the first Tek scope to get the ceramic CRT. (Front). You can see how the design was changed and refined compared with later ceramic CRT's. 465 CRT on left and 7904 CRT on the right.

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, Specmaster, bd139, FransW, nixiefreqq, Kosmic, syau, 0culus, tonyalbus

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63768 on: July 19, 2020, 03:56:45 pm »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/komerci-elektronik/m.html?item=152854262717&epid=2264707315&hash=item2396d2f3bd%3Ag%3APn0AAOSweCVZwmuO&var=452594582885&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm looking at getting a magnifier and stand from them, either the 9006 or 9002.

Grab a second hand Luxo if you can. Was considering this but feel free to dive on it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174349223227

Can retro fit LED bulbs.

Already in my watch list, may the best man win  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63769 on: July 19, 2020, 04:34:59 pm »
   !!!

Enheavyment, yo.     :-+

mnem
*airlifts TerraO some steel-toed boots, just in case*

The following users thanked this post: TERRA Operative

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #63770 on: July 19, 2020, 04:35:12 pm »
Here's the 585A showing a stable trigger on a signal more than twice the datasheet bandwidth for the 585A + type 82 plugin system.  :-+ Yes, it's way rolled off, but it's rock stable.

(pm me your new address ......... and yes!  you could complete your bench with a "my little pony" calculator)

Yes...a nixie counter would look great. I also have another HP-15C on the way....  >:D

Tried PM'ing you. In box full. I would assume your friend does not want the 560 extender?

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #63771 on: July 19, 2020, 04:40:03 pm »

Cool!
What kind of tube are the right hand digits?
Safety devices hinder evolution

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #63772 on: July 19, 2020, 05:13:31 pm »

Tried PM'ing you. In box full. I would assume your friend does not want the 560 extender?

Fixed.

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #63773 on: July 19, 2020, 05:18:04 pm »

Can retro fit LED bulbs.

Already in my watch list, may the best man win  :-+

Thanks bd.

I'm not interested in a bidding war, I'll check for others/new.

I like the Komerci 9006 because you can swap the lenses.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #63774 on: July 19, 2020, 05:31:59 pm »
   !!!

Enheavyment, yo.     :-+

mnem
*airlifts TerraO some steel-toed boots, just in case*

They will come in handy. :D

My wife was expressing concern about the weight in my room causing problems with the house structure...  :-DD
I told her there was more than one reason I opted for steel-frame construction over wood besides Japanese earthquakes.  :-+

I'm starting to think abiut a second 25U rack, but maybe I should sell some gear first to make space..... The GAS is strong in me, I must have a high midi-chlorian count or something.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf