Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18106315 times)

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #59075 on: May 23, 2020, 03:46:49 am »
Three of the four modules are damaged and under repair.
Nice setup you got there. If you manage to add a SG504, you are well set for scope calibrations.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59076 on: May 23, 2020, 03:50:53 am »
"There's three kinds of people. Those that learn by watching someone else, those that learn themselves, and then there's the guy who has to pee on the electric fence!"  :-DD
You can place me in the first category, as I watched my father being Cat.3 and even then wondering where he had seen a discontinuity in that fence between the ticking apparatus and the point of hurt.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, 0culus

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #59077 on: May 23, 2020, 07:27:12 am »
When you order a faulty scope for cheap from someone who doesn't care at all, you get that
(Attachment Link)

Unfortunately one of the trimmer is completely dead.
The second one I was able to get it straight again without braking the tube.

It looks a lot like mine.. is it a 475  200Mhz?
i have the books if you need that..

Tony
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:31:21 am by tonyalbus »
Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #59078 on: May 23, 2020, 09:57:56 am »
Re statements re wisdom, my favorite is
'Don't confuse data with information, information with knowledge and knowledge with wisdom.'
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #59079 on: May 23, 2020, 10:14:02 am »
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end."

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59080 on: May 23, 2020, 10:28:43 am »
The draw of a McDonalds in the midst of a lockdown. Essex has 4 branches which have reopened for drive through only, and whats more all 4 are in Chelmsford and here is the scene at 1 of them, located on an industrial estate, another is in the middle of a retail park which has a number of food outlets on it which also saw such queues and complaints from these other stores as their customers could not get the car park due to the massive queue for McDonalds, which even saw the Police being called to try to resolve the madness.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/mad-queues-chelmsford-mcdonalds-drive-4152596
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59081 on: May 23, 2020, 10:34:57 am »
@BU508A
I have this information for the Crystal tester that provides the missing info from the instructions that were at least, missing from mine.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, URI

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #59082 on: May 23, 2020, 10:36:54 am »
The draw of a McDonalds in the midst of a lockdown.

And all this to get to something that's essentially emergency rations, second grade, heated.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59083 on: May 23, 2020, 10:39:08 am »
Yeah it's rancid. There's a place near us called Man vs Food which is much better and delivers via Uber Eats

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #59084 on: May 23, 2020, 10:41:17 am »
@BU508A
I have this information for the Crystal tester that provides the missing info from the instructions that were at least, missing from mine.

Insert the might,
Damage the chip.

Poetry in chinglish.

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59085 on: May 23, 2020, 10:42:36 am »
state of pennsylvania published this graph yesterday.

hmmmmmm.  might be able to get a haircut soon.
free range primate

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59086 on: May 23, 2020, 10:43:05 am »
All that for a McD's? Gee, and I thought only Americans were stupid.  :o :palm:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:45:35 am by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59087 on: May 23, 2020, 10:44:27 am »

Yep, might happen here too. My hair is the longest it's been since the last century.  :-DD

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #59088 on: May 23, 2020, 10:45:22 am »
@BU508A

Thanks Spec, much appreciated.  :-+

I was hunting for that document with no success.   :-// 
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59089 on: May 23, 2020, 10:46:10 am »

We rank at least along side you guys if not further down the toilet at the moment :-DD

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59090 on: May 23, 2020, 10:47:16 am »

We rank at least along side you guys if not further down the toilet at the moment :-DD

Welcome to the toilet.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, bd139

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #59091 on: May 23, 2020, 10:49:58 am »

Yep, might happen here too. My hair is the longest it's been since the last century.  :-DD

So, in reality you are some kind of Pat Simmons from the Doobie Brothers?  :-DD

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #59092 on: May 23, 2020, 10:52:18 am »
Didn't know that Spock was a passive member of the TEA  :D

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, bitseeker

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59093 on: May 23, 2020, 10:53:05 am »
Well no, I don't have a scraggly beard like him but my hair has gotten so long that I had to resort to an old hair style of about 25 years old of parting it in the middle.

Yes, I still have a full head of hair and no bald spot.  ;D

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59094 on: May 23, 2020, 10:53:58 am »

Just buy your self a set of electric clippers with the clip on plastic guides that will allow you to select the length of the remaining hair. My sons and I all use them and we have a number 2 all over, so that we are not quite bald afterwards. Depending on the cost of a haircut in your location, they will soon repay the cost. For us, with the average price around here for a haircut being £15 each, the cost was saved instantly as I only paid £12 for the clippers and we have them so far used them at least 8 times now, laughing all the way to the bank  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #59095 on: May 23, 2020, 10:54:09 am »
Yeah it's rancid. There's a place near us called Man vs Food which is much better and delivers via Uber Eats

The comparison to MRE is several-dimensions,

- it contains things that make you go *Belch*,

- it supports life, to a minimal degree,

- it is stable in face of adversity,

- you eat it because you have to.

It is also not rancid in and of itself, their H&S standards are actually pretty high. If you aspire to be able to get pretty much anyone a productive job, you have to have a very regulated operation.

Side note: Once, many years ago, I worked in the glamorous music industry. From time to time, it was less glamorous, and one had to resort to Very Boring corporate gigs, that, OTOH, paid extremely well compared to the things we wanted to do.  One of these corporate gigs was a conference and party for shift supervisors at the Golden Arches. (they hold conferences by gathering all people of one pay grade from a lot of restaurants together.)  Normally, conferences like these are extremely lax in timing once the bar opens. People are late from the bar to the dinner, late from dinner to dance, late from dance to night snack, and extremely late to bed.

Not so these people. They all had one beer in the bar, were on time to dinner, made it through dinner on stopwatch precision, migrated in orderly fashion to the dance, had one encore from the band, and then queued for night snack.  All were present at breakfast, in time.

Processes. Repeatability and  manuals. And bland food.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59096 on: May 23, 2020, 10:55:45 am »

Just buy your self a set of electric clippers with the clip on plastic guides that will allow you to select the length of the remaining hair. My sons and I all use them and we have a number 2 all over, so that we are not quite bald afterwards. Depending on the cost of a haircut in your location, they will soon repay the cost. For us, with the average price around here for a haircut being £15 each, the cost was saved instantly as I only paid £12 for the clippers and we have them so far at least 8 times now, laughing all the way to the bank  :-DD

No freaking way. The LAST time I had a crew cut was in Boy Scout camp in 1965.  |O

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #59097 on: May 23, 2020, 11:04:01 am »

Just buy your self a set of electric clippers with the clip on plastic guides that will allow you to select the length of the remaining hair. My sons and I all use them and we have a number 2 all over, so that we are not quite bald afterwards. Depending on the cost of a haircut in your location, they will soon repay the cost. For us, with the average price around here for a haircut being £15 each, the cost was saved instantly as I only paid £12 for the clippers and we have them so far at least 8 times now, laughing all the way to the bank  :-DD

No freaking way. The LAST time I had a crew cut was in Boy Scout camp in 1965.  |O

No haircut or -style can destroy a raving beauty.  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59098 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:23 am »

Well it does help if you don't have that much hair to start with. I remember my lovely late Father in Law, who didn't have that much on top but always insisted of regular tips to the barbers that all told him that his hair cuts were very expensive @ approx 2 hairs per £  :-DD

Loads of people are doing it now and you really would be surprised at how many options you have with the clip on plastic guides. Plus of course, money saved means more Teks you can rescue and treat to the smurf blue paint job.
Who let Murphy in?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #59099 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:36 am »

No haircut or -style can destroy a raving beauty.  :-DD

Kiss my ass.  :P :P :P :-DD :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, Specmaster

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf