Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16658738 times)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #58500 on: May 15, 2020, 10:44:10 am »
Because one is never enough I bought an other faulty Tek scope
(Attachment Link)

An excellent choice  :-+

Trust me they are not alone, even Amazon are doing it on things that are marked as in stock and on same day or next day Prime. They say that they are prioritising urgent essential deliveries.

I'm still getting prime stuff same and next day here  :-//

I'm not sure how they can prioritise such stuff looking at the problem of identifying priority suppliers and items so I suggest they are overloaded or doing a shitty job.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #58501 on: May 15, 2020, 10:51:26 am »
But its so cute...

And most surprisingly not dyslexic given the seller  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: wolfy007

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58502 on: May 15, 2020, 11:05:16 am »
(Attachment Link)

Trust me they are not alone, even Amazon are doing it on things that are marked as in stock and on same day or next day Prime. They say that they are prioritising urgent essential deliveries.

I'm not sure how they can prioritise such stuff looking at the problem of identifying priority suppliers and items so I suggest they are overloaded or doing a shitty job.

After a quick check the scope is in good condition, buttons  are workings but there is no beam.
Only the brightness  work on the dispplay.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #58503 on: May 15, 2020, 11:55:57 am »

Overloaded TF here with 2-3 day nationwide deliveries taking a week.  :rant:
Still my stuff still gets through however some customers wondered  :wtf: when packages took days to get through the national distribution center but when they did they were delivered in a day or so.
TF for tracking.  :phew:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58504 on: May 15, 2020, 12:07:52 pm »

Still my stuff still gets through however some customers wondered  :wtf: when packages took days to get through the national distribution center but when they did they were delivered in a day or so.

Amazon so slow here that I stopped using them -  the large numbers of decentralised smaller suppliers on eBay beats Amazon hands down during a crisis. 

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #58505 on: May 15, 2020, 12:10:49 pm »
With my Laser build I have had over 20 orders incoming via Ali Express, local post or on forwarding has taken longer than order processing and getting into Oz. Last time I saw a report locally they were processing parcels above pre Christmas levels  |O
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58506 on: May 15, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »
(Attachment Link)

After a quick check the scope is in good condition, buttons  are workings but there is no beam.

No beam but brightness?  Not sure what you mean by that.   :-// Can you provide a picture. And do you hear relays clicking as the scope powers up?
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58507 on: May 15, 2020, 12:15:14 pm »
Amazon has been all over the place with order fulfillment and delivery here too.

I have an order of coffee filters that left an Amazon contractor delivery service in Connecticut 3 days ago and USPS is still waiting for the package. Amazon is saying if it doesn't show up today to either request a refund or a re-order. 

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #58508 on: May 15, 2020, 12:18:30 pm »
With my Laser build I have had over 20 orders incoming via Ali Express, local post or on forwarding has taken longer than order processing and getting into Oz. Last time I saw a report locally they were processing parcels above pre Christmas levels  |O
Same here but now we've exited lockdown there should be less online purchasing and the mountain of parcels should soon diminish so normal programming can return.

Can't say we'll miss the quiet of the last few weeks. Went out with the son for a bit today and the roads were bedlam !  :horse:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58509 on: May 15, 2020, 12:20:02 pm »
Another problem appearing here is porch pirates. The no contact delivery is dump it on the doorstep, press the bell and leave it if the person is in or not. So the local dickheads have been following the vans around and doing "pickups" whenever someone doesn't answer the door. Cunts.

My amazon delivery that went missing the other day made an appearance. They delivered it to a house 15 numbers up the street. The guy who lived there was kind enough to drop it off and explain  :-+

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58510 on: May 15, 2020, 12:22:51 pm »
Same here but now we've exited lockdown there should be less online purchasing and the mountain of parcels should soon diminish so normal programming can return.

Can't say we'll miss the quiet of the last few weeks. Went out with the son for a bit today and the roads were bedlam !  :horse:

We are still technically on lockdown here but my last forary into the outside world shows a definite increase in traffic so people are getting ansty. But at least 98% of them get it to wear a mask when in public.

A barber in a nearby town illegally kept his shop open and was doing haircuts. Guess what? Yep, he caught it. Now they are trying to track down everyone who went there.  |O 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:26:05 pm by med6753 »

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58511 on: May 15, 2020, 12:56:35 pm »
(Attachment Link)

No beam but brightness?  Not sure what you mean by that.   :-// Can you provide a picture. And do you hear relays clicking as the scope powers up?

Those scopes have display illumination that illuminates the grid, maybe that's what he means?

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58512 on: May 15, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
(Attachment Link)

Those scopes have display illumination that illuminates the grid, maybe that's what he means?

McBryce.

Or possibly he has readout display but no beam?  :-//

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #58513 on: May 15, 2020, 01:13:18 pm »

Hmmmmm........
Do I 'need it' Sort of, Do 'I want it' Maybe, 'Will I' ....... Dunno - but I'm not going against Bean.

Shipping might be a question.

All yours  :-DD I need little to zero excuse not to.

:palm: ..... This was just another indirect way of leading me down the rabbit hole .... wasn't it?!!

(Postage cost requested )

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58514 on: May 15, 2020, 01:16:17 pm »
Maybe brightness is not the right description, it's more the backlight.

At the end nothing is happening on the screen.
Relay a clicking at startup and when I'm playing with the buttons.
Looks like the scope is booting correctly without display.

I check the  voltages on J119 and all are in specs.
I will have a closer look at the screen PSU tonight

Offline psykok

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58515 on: May 15, 2020, 01:19:16 pm »
A picture is always better

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58516 on: May 15, 2020, 01:28:26 pm »
Looks like the computer side of it is working as the controls are illuminated correctly. Probably power supply. Hopefully not one of the ASICs.

I've got a non-A 2445 here at the moment which has original parts in it :scared:

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58517 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:16 pm »

Amazon so slow here that I stopped using them -  the large numbers of decentralised smaller suppliers on eBay beats Amazon hands down during a crisis.

In difficult environments distributed system wins all the time.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58518 on: May 15, 2020, 01:35:13 pm »
A picture is always better

Well, there's your problem - you got an Aussie one, all the electrons will have fallen out.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58519 on: May 15, 2020, 01:37:26 pm »

Yeah, but when dealing with the postal system you don't merely need fault tolerance, you need Byzantine fault tolerance.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58520 on: May 15, 2020, 01:41:34 pm »
Yes every edge and node in the network is run by morlocks.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58521 on: May 15, 2020, 01:42:30 pm »

Just you wait a few days and there will be a massive 2nd peak of infections and then another lockdown. Governments should not be easing the lockdown until they are certain that the virus is defeated. People before the economy should be the rule, all the countries will be affected in the same way, the world economy will take a global hit.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58522 on: May 15, 2020, 01:45:10 pm »
Looks like the computer side of it is working as the controls are illuminated correctly. Probably power supply. Hopefully not one of the ASICs.

I've got a non-A 2445 here at the moment which has original parts in it :scared:

Agreed, looks like it booted with no errors and the issue is in the CRT circuits.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58523 on: May 15, 2020, 01:47:51 pm »

Yeah, but when dealing with the postal system you don't merely need fault tolerance, you need Byzantine fault tolerance.

hehe so true  ;D

After 2 months i'm still waiting for my USB connectors. Look like I will have to change my plan for my Jim Williams pulse generator.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:50:12 pm by Kosmic »

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #58524 on: May 15, 2020, 01:53:53 pm »
Another problem appearing here is porch pirates. The no contact delivery is dump it on the doorstep, press the bell and leave it if the person is in or not. So the local dickheads have been following the vans around and doing "pickups" whenever someone doesn't answer the door. Cunts.

My amazon delivery that went missing the other day made an appearance. They delivered it to a house 15 numbers up the street. The guy who lived there was kind enough to drop it off and explain  :-+

My DPD delivery yesterday (half a new PC) "could not be left in a safe place". They require the door to be opened, and - from a safe distance - take a picture of the open door and the parcels and my legs. Not a bad technique.

My CCLOnline order status hasn't changed from "stock allocated" and "processing", and is due to be delivered on Monday. If there's no progress by then I'll copy bd in cancelling the order, and file CCLOnline in my "avoid" bin.

As for wrong house number, I regularly get deliveries for a similar street that isn't marked on many of the satnavs, and even google marks the back alley rather than the front entrance. The houses are only pre-WW2, so what can you expect. Worst delivery: full height scaffolding!

Other oddities: there's a road near my old gliding club that doesn't have a name, so the addresses are of the form "Downs Barn Lodge, Frampton Mansell, Stroud GL6 8HX" where Frampton Mansell is the nearest village about 1km away. I wonder how they manage to fill in address forms that require certain fields!

Anyway, time to go and combine two legal activities: getting food (elderflowers) and exercise (walking to find the elderflowers).
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf