Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16665356 times)

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #58400 on: May 14, 2020, 01:45:14 am »
Hmm someone is selling brand new Tek 2235 out of Oregon https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tektronix-2235-100-MHz-2-CH-Oscilloscope-AN-USM-488/274060948578 (more than 10 in stock  :o)

A bit cheaper and I would be tempted.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:47:16 am by Kosmic »

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #58401 on: May 14, 2020, 02:25:05 am »
Ditto. But no doubt he’ll have no problem selling them all for that.

mnem
 :popcorn:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #58402 on: May 14, 2020, 03:21:39 am »
Wow, beautiful new scopes, but quite a lot of buckazoids and the seller's rating is atrocious.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline duckduck

• Frequent Contributor
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
« Reply #58403 on: May 14, 2020, 05:01:26 am »
The floppy drive version would be way worse than THIS thing:

https://www.amazon.ca/Leapfrog-Fridge-Phonics-Magnetic-English/dp/B00JLHVX36

...although it probably wouldn't sing the little letter songs...

Anyone with kids knows that the E, R, S, & T would be lost in a day or two and the batteries would soon die. Or even worse, the batteries would NOT die.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline duckduck

• Frequent Contributor
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
« Reply #58404 on: May 14, 2020, 07:16:11 am »
A Tektronix TDS 320 (100 MHz, 2 channel, digital but uses a CRT) just showed up on my doorstep.  :-BROKE It works fine for about 60 seconds then it seems to lock up / become unresponsive. Power cycle it and it's fine again for another minute. Channel 1 works. Channel 2 acts like no probe is connected. Hm. The TDS 320 is a bit of an ugly duckling: not old enough to be cool, not new enough to be cool. I've already got a new Rigol DS1202Z-E, so even if it worked it wouldn't do me any good on my bench. If I can fix it, it will go on Craigslist. If I can't, I guess it will get put on a shelf to add to the blinkenlights effect for the "show us your workbench" thread. I can't bear to bin a scope that is in one piece.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58405 on: May 14, 2020, 07:55:59 am »
 :P

An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #58406 on: May 14, 2020, 07:56:26 am »
This viscous Mouthful while attached via a harness and lead to my Mum tried assaulting two freedom seeking Bulldogs who escaped their owners house. Apart from a few scrapes and likely bruising of the Bulldogs jaws the relevant owners are now recovering due to being far more stressed than their dogs...... Mum is currently having a second Brandy and Dry sedative for her 76th Birthday dinner :scared:

Vet visit completed I am part way into a Quad Strength G&T and likely to have a second after having to calm aforementioned owners and deal with By Laws Officers along the way :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58407 on: May 14, 2020, 08:01:33 am »
I don't know why people keep those mutant dogs. Either nasty or stupid and nothing in between.

Currently arguing with CCL pre-coffee (sucks to be them) over this which was "12 in stock next day delivery guaranteed" ... HMMMMMM fix your ERP shit.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58408 on: May 14, 2020, 08:07:11 am »
The pair of boofheads lined up for seconds on pats from me when the owner turned up to collect. One has had a prior issue of being attacked and now has a thing against other dogs but apart from that just your typical boofhead you would expect. All three will be put back into strict lockdown and the little furball will be moving slow for a while due to some bruising and acting as Bulldog Gag.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58409 on: May 14, 2020, 08:15:14 am »
I was walking up to the post box a couple of weeks back, about 9:00 pm so getting dark, when a herd of 10-20 deer ran across the road in front of me. I thought I had spooked them, which was odd, as they couldn't have seen me when they started off - but all was soon explained. They were being chased by a large ginger cat.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #58410 on: May 14, 2020, 08:17:27 am »
Currently arguing with CCL pre-coffee (sucks to be them) over this which was "12 in stock next day delivery guaranteed" ... HMMMMMM fix your ERP shit.

Oh bog. I currently have an order with CCL for "in stock" items. Some are now showing "stock allocated", others "preparing". So far I've had a response (not answer) to "what does that mean".
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58411 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22:54 am »
This viscous Mouthful while attached via a harness and lead to my Mum tried assaulting two freedom seeking Bulldogs who escaped their owners house. Apart from a few scrapes and likely bruising of the Bulldogs jaws the relevant owners are now recovering due to being far more stressed than their dogs...... Mum is currently having a second Brandy and Dry sedative for her 76th Birthday dinner :scared:

Vet visit completed I am part way into a Quad Strength G&T and likely to have a second after having to calm aforementioned owners and deal with By Laws Officers along the way :palm:

Do you have leash laws there? If so then it appears pretty apparent that the bulldog's owner is at fault.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58412 on: May 14, 2020, 08:27:17 am »

Oh bog. I currently have an order with CCL for "in stock" items. Some are now showing "stock allocated", others "preparing". So far I've had a response (not answer) to "what does that mean".

Ok mine never got that far so I'm sure you'll be ok. Once it hits "stock allocated" they actually have it in hand. "preparing" means it's waiting for packing I think.

I received an ASRock TPM module the other day next day from them which didn't go through the "awaiting stock" state.

Edit: just to note their customer services are totally useless and can't see anything more than you can on the web site at the moment :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:31:44 am by bd139 »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58413 on: May 14, 2020, 08:28:46 am »
Yep which is why I called the bylaws. Each State varies a bit but the rule here is 'effective control' so unless it is a leash designated zone (most councils have them for CBD's Beaches etc.) Dogs just need to be able to be controlled be it voice or leash.

It occasionally does lead to some complete dicks pushing it which tends to also dictate Agro Breed X , Tattoo Level and likely Blood in their Drug Stream level  |O Generally it works fairly well and allows dogs to do dog things and owners to get together with them.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #58414 on: May 14, 2020, 08:33:39 am »
The pair of boofheads lined up for seconds on pats from me when the owner turned up to collect. One has had a prior issue of being attacked and now has a thing against other dogs but apart from that just your typical boofhead you would expect. All three will be put back into strict lockdown and the little furball will be moving slow for a while due to some bruising and acting as Bulldog Gag.
:-DD
You're a dry SOB bean !  :-+
Glad all are reasonable well so enjoy the liquid anesthetics.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58415 on: May 14, 2020, 08:34:18 am »
Actually just looked up boofhead. Need to use that here. Much politer than our versions of it  :-DD

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58416 on: May 14, 2020, 08:37:07 am »
Actually just looked up boofhead. Need to use that here. Much politer than our versions of it  :-DD
Lots of boofheads in NZ and for that matter probably most other places ....it was the Bulldog Gag bit that got me ! LMAO
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58417 on: May 14, 2020, 08:39:37 am »
Boofhead = bobblehead. It fits.  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58418 on: May 14, 2020, 09:29:04 am »
Multiple pages of dribble about keyboards selling self created two legged debt and self flagellation I diagnose this.  :-DD

(Attachment Link)

Get outside you lot and take in some Vitamin D and raise the heart rate and make some Endorphins  ;D
Well I hope the roof is much better shape than the rest of that bloody cabin, I can see why they are called LOG cabins, because you'd be frozen like a log in there  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58419 on: May 14, 2020, 09:33:55 am »
Multiple pages of dribble about keyboards selling self created two legged debt and self flagellation I diagnose this.  :-DD

(Attachment Link)

Get outside you lot and take in some Vitamin D and raise the heart rate and make some Endorphins  ;D
Well I hope the roof is much better shape than the rest of that bloody cabin, I can see why they are called LOG cabins, because you'd be frozen like a log in there  :-DD
Nope, that was the special Aussie air conditioned version !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #58420 on: May 14, 2020, 09:40:38 am »
Wow, beautiful new scopes, but quite a lot of buckazoids and the seller's rating is atrocious.
98% doesn't seem exceptionally bad.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58421 on: May 14, 2020, 09:42:22 am »
I don't know why people keep those mutant dogs. Either nasty or stupid and nothing in between.

Much the same thing these days with Amazon and Bang Good, how hard is it to link stock records to orders in, order in, knock that amount off the shown stock holding so the next on line shopper get to see the truth?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #58422 on: May 14, 2020, 10:43:42 am »
:P

Another Apple device, a little bit more sophisticated:   ;D   :-+

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: Wolfgang, mnementh

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #58423 on: May 14, 2020, 10:57:16 am »
There's no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners.   >:(
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: VK5RC, Specmaster

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58424 on: May 14, 2020, 12:08:22 pm »

Much the same thing these days with Amazon and Bang Good, how hard is it to link stock records to orders in, order in, knock that amount off the shown stock holding so the next on line shopper get to see the truth?

It’s a piece of piss. The issue is usually a complete inability to hit two rocks together. Which is rife in any IT automation.

I’m watching someone spending all day every day opening github PR’s with a data script in which does a one line SQL update. This is manually approved by someone really expensive and then deployed by someone else. No one has ever declined a review. The deployment sits in a queue for 2 days. During this time the client is angry because this is something the analysts didn’t think of that is an edge case. I suggested that we just build a form in a couple of hours. Ticket gets put at end of queue.

That’s a moderately less complex case than stock control but this is normal in IT so you can imagine what that could become behind the scenes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf