Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17450620 times)

Runco990 and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #58350 on: May 13, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »
Yup. Point out to eBay that he's being rude & uncooperative and you should have it resolved quickly. :-+

mnem
*shopping wrist-rests now*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #58351 on: May 13, 2020, 04:40:23 pm »
yeah. now he is complaining that this could have been resolved without ebay ... ebay case is open and I just told him that basically the case was open due to his being a dick and signalling that he had no interest in a proper resolution.

batlh Hutlh 'ej bIj nIS loD.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #58352 on: May 13, 2020, 04:41:06 pm »

Given the nature of your recent posts, one wonders if that is a euphemism...

EDIT: @Saskia, qem nuv Hutlh batlhlIj umqu' ghot chaH lach'eghDI' bech
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:51:01 pm by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline Addicted2AnalogTek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58353 on: May 13, 2020, 04:50:28 pm »
Does anyone here know anything about drop.space? It appears to be a new platform like YouTube.  My friend just sent me a video that's been posted on the platform and I'm curious to see if anyone else knows anything about it yet.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58354 on: May 13, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »
Yup. Point out to eBay that he's being rude & uncooperative and you should have it resolved quickly. :-+

mnem
That kind you can't shop for, its illegal to sell ankle biters  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #58355 on: May 13, 2020, 05:01:43 pm »
yeah. now he is complaining that this could have been resolved without ebay ... ebay case is open and I just told him that basically the case was open due to his being a dick and signalling that he had no interest in a proper resolution.

Yet you tried that avenue and he was uncooperative.  He had his chance and he blew it.  Perhaps he'll learn a lesson, but I doubt it - from what you've said so far he sounds pretty dense.

Fingers crossed that ebay resolves the mess to your satisfaction.

Packing is such a simple concept - why is it incomprehensible to so many?

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #58356 on: May 13, 2020, 05:47:59 pm »
Update:
he does not want negative feedback, thinks that I see him as the bad guy and sent a refund.

It would have been way easier for him to just refund the cost of the spare parts and be done with it.
Apart from packing it correctly in the first place.

Guess I'll just frickledaggle my Korad to 60V.

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58357 on: May 13, 2020, 05:50:31 pm »

majQa' !

That's the typical sellers regret when they are betting on you not opening a case... and then you do. :)

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58358 on: May 13, 2020, 05:55:33 pm »

Given the nature of your recent posts, one wonders if that is a euphemism...

EDIT: @Saskia, qem nuv Hutlh batlhlIj umqu' ghot chaH lach'eghDI' bech

Yes; yes it is.  >:D

mnem
@ saskia's ebay vendor:   
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 05:04:09 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58359 on: May 13, 2020, 05:57:45 pm »
Glad people are getting justice  :-+. I appear to have got all the negative karma. Spent the entire day arguing with Kubernetes network routing, missed the HP 6236B auction, ran over my toe with my chair and managed to whip myself in the nuts with an HDMI cable >:(

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58360 on: May 13, 2020, 05:58:59 pm »
We REALLY don't need to know about your twisted robosexual peccadillos, bd.    :-DD

mnem
 >:D

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #58361 on: May 13, 2020, 06:02:38 pm »
Glad people are getting justice  :-+. I appear to have got all the negative karma. Spent the entire day arguing with Kubernetes network routing, missed the HP 6236B auction, ran over my toe with my chair and managed to whip myself in the nuts with an HDMI cable >:(
HDMI is to be preferred over a DB25 or a mains cable clonking you.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58362 on: May 13, 2020, 06:09:56 pm »

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Now that you've got that behind you, it's time to seek professional help. :D

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58363 on: May 13, 2020, 06:15:22 pm »
Well I posted in the sanatorium which is a start  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
    • My very static home page
« Reply #58364 on: May 13, 2020, 06:29:12 pm »

I wish I had all the money I've spent on diapers & wipes...  :o

We made a fairly honest attempt at solving the diaper problem with textile multi-use diapers. It is a lot of work. And daycare was complicated. (You had, then, to supply  diapers with the child instead of them being included as a service which it was before. I learn it's back to being included now, at least some places.)

But, since textiles are less absorbent compared to the extreme absorption capacity of modern one-time pads, children refrain from soiling them to a larger extent, because they'll feel less comfortable.

In the end, though, we gave up. Laundry was so tedious.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #58365 on: May 13, 2020, 06:30:41 pm »
ebay case is open and I just told him that basically the case was open due to his being a dick and signalling that he had no interest in a proper resolution.

Well done! Serves seller right.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58366 on: May 13, 2020, 06:38:27 pm »

We made a fairly honest attempt at solving the diaper problem with textile multi-use diapers. It is a lot of work. And daycare was complicated. (You had, then, to supply  diapers with the child instead of them being included as a service which it was before. I learn it's back to being included now, at least some places.)

But, since textiles are less absorbent compared to the extreme absorption capacity of modern one-time pads, children refrain from soiling them to a larger extent, because they'll feel less comfortable.

Yes. SWMNLBO tried that until she was out in the middle of nowhere and had to deal with a shit fountain  :-DD

Trying to work out if my PC will take a Ryzen 7 3700X without dying ...

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #58367 on: May 13, 2020, 06:40:28 pm »
The Ironbound,

So called because of the railroad tracks that surround the district.  Also known as the neck because it sits on a bend in the Passaic River.  An awesome group of business owners.  Very family oriented, proud of what they built up and didn't tolerate riff raff trying to move into their neighborhoods.  They were all small stores so only ordered small orders once every month or two.  Always treated me well when dealing with them.  The Iberia restaurant was an awesome restaurant back then, I hope is is still as good.  The rest of Newark was truly the armpit of NJ, however.

All of New Jersey is an arm pit.  :P :P :-DD

That's rich coming from a New Yorker! :box: :-DD  NJ is the right armpit and NY is the left armpit.  Or vice versa.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58368 on: May 13, 2020, 06:44:22 pm »
.... And Tejas is the asshole. :-DD

Exactly our experience. Hence the lament.  :o Ordinary working stiffs cannot live with textile diapers in the modern world; the necessities of dealing with the outside world make it nearly impossible. Unless you can afford the salary of someone whose job it is to take care of such things, which is usually also someone who takes care of the child.

mnem
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:46:35 pm by mnementh »

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #58369 on: May 13, 2020, 06:49:15 pm »
Kubernetes network routing

That sounds so wrong.

RFC6592 packets probably pop up autonomously inside that abomination too.

Offline mansaxel

• Super Contributor
  • SA0XLR
« Reply #58370 on: May 13, 2020, 06:55:18 pm »
Exactly our experience. Hence the lament.  :o Ordinary working stiffs cannot live with textile diapers in the modern world; the necessities of dealing with the outside world make it nearly impossible. Unless you can afford the salary of someone whose job it is to take care of such things, which is usually also someone who takes care of the child.

In Sweden, the parents share 18 months of paid parental leave per child. Wife took the first 12 and I finished off with 6, for both. During that time, it was no big problem, except from running laundry twice a day. Once both were in daycare, it got a bit more complicated. Soooo happy that we're through that and "taking children for a walk" means no stroller but instead carrying a power brick so the Pokemon can be caught.

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #58371 on: May 13, 2020, 06:57:07 pm »
HDMI is to be preferred over a DB25 or a mains cable clonking you.

I whacked myself the other day with one of those full-size 50-pin (25-pair) Amphenol telephone connectors while I was standing on the workbench moving things out of the way to install the fiber from outside the house...  That was annoying...   >:(

The ones like this:

On the plus side...  FIBER!  :)

I was going to start some sort of "Make Dave Jones Jealous" thread the other day, since he has to deal with the NBN fiasco and I now have an OC-48 speed fiber to the server room in my house, from a whole pedestal full of Nokia head-end equipment that you can see about 100 feet from my kitchen window.  I can have essentially unlimited bandwidth now, being only about 700-1000m from the Killarney CO in the first place.  Mwaaa haaaa haaa...  :) 

I figured that would just be mean, though.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58372 on: May 13, 2020, 06:58:16 pm »
As there was much talk about component orders from China recently:
I have actually ordered two '100% original and new' LM3909s from a chinese seller. They were rather on the cheap side of the offers at 3.40$ each. I am quite curious what I will get.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58373 on: May 13, 2020, 07:00:08 pm »
Kubernetes network routing

That sounds so wrong.

RFC6592 packets probably pop up autonomously inside that abomination too.

Aye its a fucking nightmare. The particular bastard today was all egress packets from an entire cluster that was working fine yesterday disappeared until a void. The worst thing is this mostly sends UDP out so it was even more of a shit to debug. Turned out to be some unholy crock of an argument between docker, systemd-networkd and flannel over who owns the routing table on the cluster controller. How anyone even keeps this shit alive I don’t know. It’s clearly written by amateurs as well. There are so many shit crocks hiding in it.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #58374 on: May 13, 2020, 07:01:01 pm »
Speaking of character input devices, how about an excruciatingly impractical but fun example?

https://hackaday.com/2020/05/13/floppy-drive-keyboard-is-inefficient-fun/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf