Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17450927 times)

Runco990 and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #58325 on: May 13, 2020, 03:19:16 am »
Everyone's favorite evilbay Test Gear SCAMMER/Hacker is now including Laser Cutters  :palm: eBay auction: #402258396187 Reported for what it is worth via evilbay in Oz but if there is a better mechanism in the UK can someone pull the trigger on it? Do it before I buy a $10 Lecroy Scope  >:D

There is a UK contact number too on the account details.

Damn, I could get a Hammond B3 with Leslie speaker from him and shipping is only $23!!  Such a a bargain!     :palm:

Shipping too low? Try this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274363222925  :bullshit:

That had damned well BETTER be expedited shipping!   :o :o :o

For that kind of money, they should be dropping it off before I've even decided for sure to order it!

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #58326 on: May 13, 2020, 03:27:45 am »

I can't play along at home; They don't ship to Canada, won't even bother offending me...  :-[

mnem
*consoles self with a bag of Jujubes*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #58327 on: May 13, 2020, 03:47:52 am »
Here ya go, mnem. Feel better. ;)
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58328 on: May 13, 2020, 04:39:22 am »
*nom-nom-nom-nom-nom*  ^-^

mnem
*toddles off to ded*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #58329 on: May 13, 2020, 07:41:38 am »
Hmmm .. keyboard discussion eh ?

IBM-M fanatic owner here, still have 6 and the latest one scored NIB NOS that was still came with the box, styrofoam and protective plastic cover, a bit rusty at connector and one screw, but working just fine.

Weapon grade keyboard.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:46:56 am by BravoV »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline Ero-Shan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58330 on: May 13, 2020, 10:18:19 am »
The best keyboard, IMHO, is still the vintage IBM thing from the 90ies.
Its heavy as hell, its loud, but you can physically kill a Klingon with it and it will show no damage.
You can still *buy* this new for ca. 500€ !!!

That's exactly why I still use it! I've got two of them. When I tried to clean the plastic top of one in the dishwasher, however, it sagged and came out 'curvy'. Tried to flatten it with hot air, but wasn't all that successful. :palm:
Never thought it wouldn't tolerate the modest temperatures.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58331 on: May 13, 2020, 10:23:51 am »
Hmmm .. keyboard discussion eh ?

IBM-M fanatic owner here, still have 6 and the latest one scored NIB NOS that was still came with the box, styrofoam and protective plastic cover, a bit rusty at connector and one screw, but working just fine.

[...]

I have one of those as well, sadly it is so loud that I have had to get used to a lesser keyboard in my office and the IBM has been relegated to lab duty instead.

Any nominations for good "cheapskate keyboards" that actually perform half decently and are durable?

I am amazed how good these are:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-K120-Arabic-Black-keyboard/dp/B00P7Z7SXU

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #58332 on: May 13, 2020, 10:27:18 am »
Now is this not the cutest little fan you ever did see?  (AA leak-tube provided for scale)

It blows air through the worlds smallest hairdryer, aka a No-Climb/Solo/Testifire battery powered heat detector tester.
https://www.acornfiresecurity.com/no-climb/solo-461-cordless-heat-detector-test-kit?page=2

And yes, they are stupidly expensive.

This is from a phkt one, and on the other side of the board are even more goodies, such as a couple of SO8 digital pots, a Burr-Brown instrumentation amp, and a few bits of jelly-bean smd semis.

I swear too many people on ebay lack anything resembling either self-control or common sense. That 7150 parts unit is at £52 + £11 with 2 hours to go! That's less than twenty quid away from what I paid for my working one!   :scared:

EDIT: @Silver Solder, I have a Logitech K270 wireless, great performer for the money.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:30:25 am by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder, bd139

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #58333 on: May 13, 2020, 10:39:05 am »
I have one of those as well, sadly it is so loud ...

That kind of loudness level generated and the firm & bold mechanical confirmation at every press, it feels like a really well designed feed back loop for my brain + fingers nerves.  :P

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58334 on: May 13, 2020, 11:14:49 am »

Moar keyboards!!!  >:D

mnem
 :bullshit:
Now that keyboard I like, its the most logical place to locate extra macro keys, unlike my old Corsair K95 which had 18 macro keys stuffed onto the left of the keyboard. This I quickly infuriating and sold it on almost as quickly because I was often hitting those instead of the keys that are normally located at the left side of standard keyboards  :rant:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58335 on: May 13, 2020, 12:05:43 pm »
My current one is basically one of those without the left and right sides  :-DD

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58336 on: May 13, 2020, 12:07:54 pm »
Now is this not the cutest little fan you ever did see?  (AA leak-tube provided for scale)

It blows air through the worlds smallest hairdryer, aka a No-Climb/Solo/Testifire battery powered heat detector tester.
https://www.acornfiresecurity.com/no-climb/solo-461-cordless-heat-detector-test-kit?page=2

And yes, they are stupidly expensive.

This is from a phkt one, and on the other side of the board are even more goodies, such as a couple of SO8 digital pots, a Burr-Brown instrumentation amp, and a few bits of jelly-bean smd semis.

I swear too many people on ebay lack anything resembling either self-control or common sense. That 7150 parts unit is at £52 + £11 with 2 hours to go! That's less than twenty quid away from what I paid for my working one!   :scared:

EDIT: @Silver Solder, I have a Logitech K270 wireless, great performer for the money.

Auction buyers can get very silly,  getting caught up in the heat of the "fight" where the only winner is the seller...     I've seen the same thing at physical auctions too, where people end up paying more than they could have bought the items for brand new on line!   Some people shouldn't be trusted with a household budget...

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58337 on: May 13, 2020, 12:45:46 pm »
I see that 7150 on flea bay sold in the for £62 + £11, and it was not working  :wtf: Makes me wonder just how much I could sell mine for now, self calibrated, fully working, new mains filters fitted and screen illumination LEDs replaced so the LCD screen can now be read with ease??
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58338 on: May 13, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »
I never really found a keyboard that I hated, including laptops, but agreed the Model M is superior to them all. I seem to readily adjust to what ever keyboard is in front of me probably because I'm a slow typist.  :D

I have the Lenovo version of the M on the media PC and while not as good as the original IBM it's not too shabby.  :-+

An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58339 on: May 13, 2020, 02:27:28 pm »

I will admit the UNICOMP 103 (104 with 2nd Windoze key converted to long-long spacebar) has been haunting me a bit. I wonder... would I be able to stop typing don;t instead of don't all the time...?  :-// But what I REALLY miss is the big "L" Carriage Return... lack of which is, I believe, the reason I keep doing that. :palm:

I'll leave y'all with a little tidbit I stumbled across this AM...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/gfjbk7/

Don;t fall into the reddit, now... >:D

mnem
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:47:26 pm by mnementh »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58340 on: May 13, 2020, 03:13:12 pm »
 :wtf:

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58341 on: May 13, 2020, 03:59:28 pm »

;)

No... seriously. What was so hard to understand? I figured the pic was pretty self-explanatory; if not, you could always click the linky...  :o

mnem
huh...?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, bd139

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #58342 on: May 13, 2020, 04:06:03 pm »

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #58343 on: May 13, 2020, 04:16:55 pm »
update 1: I managed to get the 4th Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB stick to work in my Ryzen 7 3700x, even at 3000 MHz
update 2: Asus obviously exchanged the blown RTX2070 for a replacement one which is on its way back to me
update 3: the power supply seller on fleabay is bitching at me because I opened a case after he told me that he did not want to spend any more time with it.

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58344 on: May 13, 2020, 04:20:34 pm »

I will admit the UNICOMP 103 (104 with 2nd Windoze key converted to long-long spacebar) has been haunting me a bit. I wonder... would I be able to stop typing don;t instead of don't all the time...?  :-// But what I REALLY miss is the big "L" Carriage Return... lack of which is, I believe, the reason I keep doing that. :palm:

mnem

Got 2 of those, it's a scam. After couples of months they don't stay in place and start running around.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #58345 on: May 13, 2020, 04:25:33 pm »
update 3: the power supply seller on fleabay is bitching at me because I opened a case after he told me that he did not want to spend any more time with it.

I've had this kind of experience too.

I mean seriously, I have to be out of pocket due to seller incompetence?

No. Learn to pack/describe things correctly.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58346 on: May 13, 2020, 04:28:44 pm »

mnem

Got 2 of those, it's a scam. After couples of months they don't stay in place and start running around.

Yeah, that's definitely the most expensive wrist rest you could possibly get.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58347 on: May 13, 2020, 04:30:26 pm »

mnem

They smell funny most of the time and keep you up all night eating weird shit, too. Definitely high maintenance. :-DD

mnem
I wish I had all the money I've spent on diapers & wipes...  :o

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58348 on: May 13, 2020, 04:31:19 pm »
update 1: I managed to get the 4th Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB stick to work in my Ryzen 7 3700x, even at 3000 MHz
update 2: Asus obviously exchanged the blown RTX2070 for a replacement one which is on its way back to me
Good news on the first 2 items, as regards to the seller bitching, sod them, you have a right to a solution and pretending it has nothing them with them is not a solution, keep pressing the claim via eBay.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #58349 on: May 13, 2020, 04:31:55 pm »

You can't have your cookie and eat it too. Guess he's gona learn that lesson now ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf