Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16946451 times)

Kosmic, Ice-Tea, Robert763 and 146 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #42175 on: November 03, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »

Waiting on Tautech and that “tweak” cal document for Siglent SDM series DMM's.
I know, I know  :horse:
Sent a reminder to Siglent that said it would be a few weeks a few weeks ago.  ::)

Might I suggest you watch for Service manual revisions....take a note of current manual #'s and watch for new ones.
It was being prepared for SDM3065X models so watch for changes there mostly.
Dunno if it will involve a FW change to provide for manual adjustments or if they can do them with some existing hidden menu.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42176 on: November 03, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
I’m good hahaha. Just remember it’ll start with the sexy smurfs. Then it’ll be clopping and yiffing. Don’t google those  :-DD

And red-ette isn't?  :-// You haven't lived my boy.  ;D I have....and still kickin. (barely)  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #42177 on: November 03, 2019, 06:32:46 pm »
In almost 3 decades of building PCs from scratch, I have NEVER regretted the extra money spent on an ASUS board.  :clap:

mnem
 :-/O
You may have had better luck with Asus than I have. Of course confirmation bias is a powerful thing. Even if spending the money doesn't help you feeling better about things may mean the money is well spent.  ;D

I make my evaluations based on hundreds of builds spending OPM, and seeing which one has caused me the fewest number of followups per capita. While you may not always get what you pay for, you WILL pay for what you get one way or another.

In all honesty, I love ASROCK & MSI; they're my job security.  >:D

mnem
Must... go... finish... my project... *slaps self with a trout*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42178 on: November 03, 2019, 06:39:05 pm »
I’m good hahaha. Just remember it’ll start with the sexy smurfs. Then it’ll be clopping and yiffing. Don’t google those  :-DD
And red-ette isn't?  :-// You haven't lived my boy.  ;D I have....and still kickin. (barely)  :-DD

I've said it before, I'll say it again... "I do love me an inconvenient female. They're the only kind worth the effort."

mnem
And then I married one.   ;D
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42179 on: November 03, 2019, 06:44:17 pm »

I've said it before, I'll say it again... "I do love me an inconvenient female. They're the only kind worth the effort."

mnem
And then I married one.   ;D

Welll....I'm lucky and blessed at the same time. She's got the look, the style, the dangerous curves, the absolute swag and attitude but WITHOUT the drama and heartache.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #42180 on: November 03, 2019, 06:48:40 pm »
I make my evaluations based on hundreds of builds spending OPM, and seeing which one has caused me the fewest number of followups per capita. While you may not always get what you pay for, you WILL pay for what you get one way or another.

In all honesty, I love ASROCK & MSI; they're my job security.  >:D

mnem
Must... go... finish... my project... *slaps self with a trout*
If you post the statistics you gathered we can assess the numbers.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #42181 on: November 03, 2019, 06:48:52 pm »
Wish this thread is not slowly turning into M.E.A ... Mistresses Equipped Anonymous ... the most expensive collecting hobby for mankind.  :scared:

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42182 on: November 03, 2019, 06:55:52 pm »
Wish this thread is not slowly turning into M.E.A ... Mistresses Equipped Anonymous ... the most expensive collecting hobby for mankind.  :scared:

Expensive and you can never collect more than one at a time or risk a violent chemical reaction.  :scared: :scared: :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #42183 on: November 03, 2019, 08:16:44 pm »
I needed that 'driveway' technique to finish with a 'Multifunction Centre' from HP that just suddenly 'died'.
It had to be the power supply.
There was a 'service manual' available - seriously I had to remove 12-15 panels and pieces - each held on by 3-10 screws of different sizes. I started by laying all the bits out in order and grouped by 'unit' in the garage. After 1 and 1/2 hours I wasn't even close yet! I couldn't see the board for scorching etc. What numbskull builds something like that.
Needless to say it ended up in electronic waste and my back wasn't happy.
A pox on the 'HP' MFC design team.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42184 on: November 03, 2019, 08:21:06 pm »
Anyone on here have any exerience with laser printers at all? I have been given a Samsung CLP-315W printer complete with a sealed set of toner cartridges plus an additional sealed magenta cartridge as as well. Problem is that it prints horizontal black smudges / lines across the whole page, sometimes its 1 or 2 and the position moves from top of the page the bottom and when it prints 2, the first is 1/3rd the page down from the top and 2nd line is 1/3rd up from the bottom.

The next page still has the same issues, plus a ghost image of the previous page. I have cleaned the transfer belt and also the imaging drum without any improvement.If I removed the toner artridges and look inside the printer, the transfer belt still has an image of the previous page. Any ideas what the cuprit is? :-//

Most likely the drum. It has a photoelectric coating which weakens with age, and the "pre-clean" charge which is supposed to remove any residual image static charge from the drum between prints just can't do its job. One thing you can check is the "charge wire"; this may be at the drum or it may be one for each color roller. If it gets crunked up with toner powder it can't do its job right either; this usually manifests as fuzzy or "out of focus" prints but in principle it can affect the cleaning precharge as well.

There are oodles of vids on yoobToob showing diag procedures for pretty much all brands and problems; a quick Goog of "laser printer" with "ghost" and "repeating ghost" should yield lots of valid hits.

That said... the last time I had one of that family of Samsung color lasers in my possession it drove me so batty with one unrelated failure after another that one fateful day I yanked it off the desk, dragged it outside and smashed it with all my might into the concrete driveway; I swear this was not rage, but rather purely in defense of my own sanity.  ;)

Good hunting my friend; I recommend a couple pints before you start to lessen the likelihood of similar "explosive stress reduction events" to those I experienced.
Unless you're fecking around in the neighborhood of the HV section (charge wire,etc); you wanna be stone sober and your wits 110% around you when monkeying around in those innards.  :scared: Also, be plenty patient to allow HV to bleed off before you stick your penis-fingers in there.  :-DD

mnem
*veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars HP service calls*
I think that the cold Canada air has got to your brain and affected you memory section, penis fingers refers to dear old bd139, although I have been known to fuck things up from time to time but is a rare occassion  :-DD :-DD

I take your point about the charge connections and I'll check then out tomorrow when the HT has bleed away overnight.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #42185 on: November 03, 2019, 08:37:21 pm »
Things to do on a Sunday...

Make a current shunt for a colleague!

40x 1R 1% 1/4W = 0R1 1% 10W

On the nuts! For a second or two, then the drift...   :'(

Tweak it again and let it settle a bit...

With the simultaneous voltage measurement across the shunt...

That's well within the 1% spec so I'm happy.

I used a DIN rail 6x32mm (1/4 x 1 1/4inch) fuseholder with a 10A HRC fuse to protect from penisfinger users.

It'll only be used for measuring currents around 10-50mA in 12-24VDC systems, so I anticipate a long and happy life for the fuse. Damn, I just jinxed it didn't I...
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: med6753, bd139, Kosmic

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #42186 on: November 03, 2019, 08:52:17 pm »
More OT  ::)
Some of you have seen previous posts of our 5 GHz community data provision setup and finally we have some remote monitoring of the solar installation and controller info.  :phew:
This one:

Three 300W panels and four 165AH SLA's in parallel/series is waaaay overkill IMO as the daily charge is ~600Wh which works out at just ~25W (1A) continuous load.
Anyways, a couple of shots just a minute apart ~9am just as the sun hits the array and it changes from MPPT to full charge mode. It had already been supplying ~2A into the battery with early morning ambient light.

And some stats if you can read them.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:04:09 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: med6753, bd139

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42187 on: November 03, 2019, 09:03:59 pm »
Yeah, it starts off all innocent like and then it can quickly morph into this
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:34:34 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Marck

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42188 on: November 03, 2019, 09:34:45 pm »
Don’t let an $18 dress cost you $800000.  Wisest words ever..

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, Monittosan

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42189 on: November 03, 2019, 09:37:30 pm »
So true  :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #42190 on: November 03, 2019, 09:50:24 pm »
Don’t let an $18 dress cost you $800000.  Wisest words ever..
If she thinks I'm worth the better part of a million the joke's on her.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #42191 on: November 03, 2019, 10:36:42 pm »
Little weekend project. Got an El Cheepo Windoze tablet so I can have a Lady Heather display of my GPSDO on the bench. Just a little bling to brighten up the place.  8)

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, mnementh, Kosmic

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42192 on: November 03, 2019, 10:43:16 pm »
That's cool but what country/location is the QSL card to the left of it with a pix of Che? Cuba?

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42193 on: November 03, 2019, 10:48:59 pm »
That's cool but what country/location is the QSL card to the left of it with a pix of Che? Cuba?

Yep. CO6LC - Santa Clara, Cuba. June 2013, 10 meters SSB.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42194 on: November 03, 2019, 10:53:04 pm »

Yep. CO6LC - Santa Clara, Cuba. June 2013, 10 meters SSB.

Wow, I'm surprised there's any hams at all in Cuba considering how anal the Castro Brothers are.  :-//

I'll bet they are monitored REAL close.  :scared:

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42195 on: November 03, 2019, 10:58:39 pm »
Wow, I'm surprised there's any hams at all in Cuba considering how anal the Castro Brothers are.  :-//

Well you might be surprised to know there are quite a lot of hams in Cuba. So many that I stopped trying to contact all of them. Ham radio is very popular in Cuba.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42196 on: November 04, 2019, 12:24:52 am »
Little weekend project. Got an El Cheepo Windoze tablet so I can have a Lady Heather display of my GPSDO on the bench. Just a little bling to brighten up the place.  8)

(Attachment Link)
Aha! HP8648 owner! Which version and options? I still did not give up to find the right one, although it seems that it is easier to aquire a R&S SMB that a 8648B/C/D with all options and a VFD.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #42197 on: November 04, 2019, 12:31:43 am »

Well you might be surprised to know there are quite a lot of hams in Cuba. So many that I stopped trying to contact all of them. Ham radio is very popular in Cuba.

Pick a band.  Any band.  Plenty of them.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #42198 on: November 04, 2019, 12:35:40 am »

Pick a band.  Any band.  Plenty of them.

I'm quite surprised by that. That's a good thing!  :-+

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42199 on: November 04, 2019, 01:00:00 am »
Expensive and you can never collect more than one at a time or risk a violent chemical reaction.  :scared: :scared: :-DD

Sure you can! Life gets interesting³ is all!  :-DD

mnem
Best to separate them by at least a ZIP code... or preferably, a time zone. >:D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:09:10 am by mnementh »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf