Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18104341 times)

Robert763, Vince, timeandfrequency, Messiah and 53 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #40875 on: October 07, 2019, 11:53:27 pm »
Yep the fans on the head cry out for plugs. But join it for a quick and easy job.

@beanflying
Could you please give a bit more detail on this technique? Do you wait for the stuff to dry a bit?
Of any use on non-glass beds?
Thanks Rob

@mnem - I can relate partially as I am on holiday in another state of Australia (WA) - so my 'babies' / TEA-wise are about 2500km away!

I have swapped out my Enders for the Borocilicate glass so for PLA no need for any adhesive. Even on standard glass it is possible to go without adhesive it just needs to be spotless and a final wipe over with IPA prior to printing. This doesn't work with some prints and you can find them lifting so adding a little glue stick just prior to the print warmup works best. For the CR-10 prints with large surfaces on Glass I go without and ones with less contact area I use the glue.

For PETG I have been flipping the Ender to the plain side and using glustick and on the CR-10 always glue.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #40876 on: October 08, 2019, 02:48:28 am »
Quote from: don.r
I get that too now but its mostly elderly neighbours wanting me to set up their iPad to their home WiFi. My reward is happy smiles and home baking.  ;D

I work for pie. Preferably cherry.  ;D
i am a sucker for banana nut bread and i have worked for it.
Ditto. On both counts. I have done jobs for a fresh-baked cherry pie or loaf of fresh banana-nut bread I wouldn’t do for money. :-DD

mnem
Good thing none of you know how I feel about honey crisp apple pie... :scared:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 02:55:48 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40877 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:12 am »

Metric Fuck-Ton ~ noun, colloq: More crap than you know what to do with; the amassed crap of 4 or more collective lifetimes. See also: Oh, my aching back.

mnem

But there is space 'leftover' needs to be filled so the load doesn't move  >:D

Now resolved, as is the fact I forgot my old mountain bike, the loading ramp at the front door, and BRRRUCE!

That space, and all the little bits of space around it, are now occupied by the above equipment and a 28in x 28in x 70-something-inch box containing 6 feet of wrought iron LandShark.

mnem
*battling entropy hand-to-hand since nineteen-mumblety-mumble*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40878 on: October 08, 2019, 05:20:23 am »
 :-DD Rule #1 of Furniture moving there is ALWAYS more stuff. Did some doozies as a teenager with a part time job including a few with multiple Police in attendance  :o Worst job still goes to the one with the Baby Grand on the forth floor and no elevator......
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40879 on: October 08, 2019, 06:47:23 am »
Hey guys,

I hope you can help me with a little problem.

A friend of mine is dealing with this chip, a Murata SCC2230-D08.

This is the datasheet:
http://pmtd63fb2.pic40.websiteonline.cn/upload/SCC2230-D08Datasheet.pdf

I need for this chip two test clips to contact the pins. The pitch of the pins is 1.00mm and a problem for usual
test clips is the height of the case (4.15mm +0.2). I sneaked around (mouser, digikey, buerklin) but wasn't able
to find one which fits. Maybe my google-fu is not strong enough. Do you have an idea or a suggestion
where such testclips can be found?

This testclip failed, he bought one with a 1.27mm pitch.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Edit: Plan B is Pomona 5418.
https://www.pomonaelectronics.com/products/test-clips/minipincer-test-clip-do-it-yourself-available-ten-colors

These Chinesium alternatives work quite good too. I always have a few lying around for jobs like that: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Black-Programmer-Testing-Clip-SOP8-Pin-SOIC8-DIP8-IC-Test-FNS/133146332577

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #40880 on: October 08, 2019, 08:24:06 am »
These Chinesium alternatives work quite good too. I always have a few lying around for jobs like that: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Black-Programmer-Testing-Clip-SOP8-Pin-SOIC8-DIP8-IC-Test-FNS/133146332577

Yes, but in this case they can't be used. Reason is the pitch, which is 1.00mm and not the usual 1.27mm (0.050" for all the imperial fanboys)  :)
And I wasn't able to find such a test clip with a pitch of 1mm. I hope, my friend can do it with the Pomona grabber thingies.
Thanks for the link anyway.  :-+
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40881 on: October 08, 2019, 12:40:44 pm »
:-DD Rule #1 of Furniture moving there is ALWAYS more stuff. Did some doozies as a teenager with a part time job including a few with multiple Police in attendance  :o Worst job still goes to the one with the Baby Grand on the fourth floor and no elevator......

That is a quandary best resolved using technology; attach a little Somebody Else’s Problem field generator to that monstrosity and you can forget about it for the rest of your life on the energy equivalent of a 9V battery. ;)

Agreed though; moving sucks bunge.

mnem
*recovering from the last week*

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40882 on: October 08, 2019, 12:49:23 pm »

Yes, but in this case they can't be used. Reason is the pitch, which is 1.00mm and not the usual 1.27mm (0.050" for all the imperial fanboys)  :)
And I wasn't able to find such a test clip with a pitch of 1mm. I hope, my friend can do it with the Pomona grabber thingies.

Seems to me that we’ve spent more hassle discussing the issue than it would take to solder two pigtails in place for testing.  :-//

If that’s not feasible, next option would be a 3DP former to hold some Pogo Pins.

mnem
now where did I leave that SEP field generator...

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40883 on: October 08, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »
That's what I do. inch of Kynar + pomona clips FTW

Crazy busy with work stuff at moment so not much time for TE :(

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #40884 on: October 08, 2019, 01:17:54 pm »

Seems to me that we’ve spent more hassle discussing the issue than it would take to solder two pigtails in place for testing.  :-//

If that’s not feasible, next option would be a 3DP former to hold some Pogo Pins.

mnem
now where did I leave that SEP field generator...

I saw how he soldered some wire to those poor little pins of the sensor. Not the best idea.
I have considered 3DP but then I decided to do this:

- ordered some pogo pins, type P50-B1

- ordered some adapter PCB with a 1mm pitch

- will put this together when it arrives.

I ruled out 3DP for two reasons:
- I don't have a 3D printer
- I don't have any experience with 3DP

Maybe the next time. I followed the discussion about 3D printers here with interest.

Edit:
picture added and some typos fixed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:47:13 pm by BU508A »
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #40885 on: October 08, 2019, 01:25:42 pm »
Yep the fans on the head cry out for plugs. But join it for a quick and easy job.

I took the easy way out this time.  :box:

Works and no one will be the wiser ... except all the viewers of the forum.  :-DD

850580-0

850584-1
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #40886 on: October 08, 2019, 01:35:41 pm »
I should stop reading this thread, as the itch is so unbearable, on clicking the pay button for the 3DP in the shopping cart that keep buzzing me.  :palm:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:46:03 pm by BravoV »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #40887 on: October 08, 2019, 01:40:33 pm »
I should stop reading this thread, as the itch is so unbearable, on clicking the pay button for the 3DP in the shopping card that keep buzzing me.  :palm:

I have so far successfully avoided all of it by not even browsing 3D printers therefore nothing is in my cart to hound me.  :phew:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40888 on: October 08, 2019, 01:45:42 pm »
I should stop reading this thread, as the itch is so unbearable, on clicking the pay button for the 3DP in the shopping card that keep buzzing me.  :palm:

I have so far successfully avoided all of it by not even browsing 3D printers therefore nothing is in my cart to hound me.  :phew:

To both of you -

Come over to the Dark Side!

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Zucca

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #40889 on: October 08, 2019, 01:51:01 pm »

To both of you -

(Attachment Link)

You are NOT my father.  :-DD :-DD :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Brumby, InductorbackEMF

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #40890 on: October 08, 2019, 01:52:34 pm »

They have 3D printers?  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, InductorbackEMF

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40891 on: October 08, 2019, 01:55:47 pm »

To both of you -

... We print our own helmets and armour!!  ::)

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, InductorbackEMF

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40892 on: October 08, 2019, 01:57:44 pm »
And Lasers for rapid prototyping and strapping to sharks  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, bd139, InductorbackEMF

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40893 on: October 08, 2019, 02:50:28 pm »

I took the easy way out this time.  :box:

Works and no one will be the wiser ... except all the viewers of the forum.  :-DD (Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

mnem
“coffee... must have coffee-e-e-e-e...jump-start my heart with coffee-e-e-e-e...”

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40894 on: October 08, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »

I so wish I’d mailed you my Tarantula instead of giving it to my nephew.  :-DD

mnem
 >:D

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40895 on: October 08, 2019, 03:03:33 pm »

To both of you - Come over to the Dark Side!
... We print our own helmets and armour!!  ::)

McBryce.

mnem
Cellular peptide cookies! With mint frosting!!!

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #40896 on: October 08, 2019, 03:53:16 pm »

I so wish I’d mailed you my Tarantula instead of giving it to my nephew.  :-DD

mnem
 >:D

I hate spiders.  :scared: :scared: :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40897 on: October 08, 2019, 05:11:10 pm »
Yeah, but it’s still one of the cheapest available with a 300mm print area on any axis. I know THAT would appeal to YOU, even if it is a PITA from hell on crack to get printing right.  :-DD

mnem
[EDIT] That fact also makes the idea of gifting it to you very appealing to me.  >:D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:58:05 pm by mnementh »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40898 on: October 08, 2019, 05:30:04 pm »
Right ...  ;)

mnem
“coffee... must have coffee-e-e-e-e...jump-start my heart with coffee-e-e-e-e...”

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #40899 on: October 08, 2019, 06:04:15 pm »
Yeah, but it’s still one of the cheapest available with a 300mm print area on any axis. I know THAT would appeal to YOU, even if it is a PITA from hell on crack to get printing right.  :-DD

mnem
[EDIT] That fact also makes the idea of gifting it to you very appealing to me.  >:D

Did you just call me a cheap skate?  :o :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf